To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Nathan Redmond

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Re: Nathan Redmond

Post by fred1266 »

blahblah wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:He won't be dropped but they all look awful; I'm dumping him as soon as it's convenient.
they lived with Arsenal today and were unlucky to lose, imho.
Arsenal outplayed them they just didn't have they finishing boots on, yes they were unlucky to lose it,

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Anyone keeping faith in Redmond ? another basic return but having watched the game i thought he was very good, just a very minor issue being his finishing let him down.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I don't think he's doing much wrong (apart from not scoring anyway), but he simply can't stay in such a competitive FPL midfield can he?

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

True, hard to justify keeping him when Antonio is on fire for a mere 1.2 extra.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

matmutte wrote:Anyone keeping faith in Redmond ? another basic return but having watched the game i thought he was very good, just a very minor issue being his finishing let him down.
I'm keeping him just now, he was desperately unlucky not to get a big score yesterday.

My 4th midfield spot in the next match is between him and Capoue but I'm still favouring Redmond given the position he's playing and the fact West Ham are leaking goals. As you say, a few more blanks and he'll need to be shipped but there's some potential there.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:
matmutte wrote:Anyone keeping faith in Redmond ? another basic return but having watched the game i thought he was very good, just a very minor issue being his finishing let him down.
I'm keeping him just now, he was desperately unlucky not to get a big score yesterday.

My 4th midfield spot in the next match is between him and Capoue but I'm still favouring Redmond given the position he's playing and the fact West Ham are leaking goals. As you say, a few more blanks and he'll need to be shipped but there's some potential there.
I'm going with Capoue over Redmond for GW6.

Maybe Boufal is the man at Southampton soon?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Gone for me. Can't keep giving players 2 pointers week after week when others are doing well

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

matmutte wrote:True, hard to justify keeping him when Antonio is on fire for a mere 1.2 extra.
But is that the right price point to assess him against. If looking for a 5.5-6.0 option, perhaps as M4 along with Antonio and Kapow, then he deserves a look.

For me, he doesn't tick that particular box yet, and Southampton don't hit a decent run of fixtures until GW14. At his price point, Snoddy becomes interesting in a couple of weeks time (provided Phelan hasn't run him into the ground in the meantime).

But if he secures his spot and continues to look lively I may yet bring him back in later. I am continuing to monitor.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

no-brainer to keep him, as long as he's starting he's one of the best value players in the game this season. His returns will come, assuming he keeps his place.

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

I kept him in my GW4 wildcard, might have to keep another week or two since I have more pressing issues to sort out, i.e. Aguero.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Redmond os creating a lot of chances for himself and others in the side. At the moment he's looking very y wasteful (as is Long) at some point the two of the will click and will kick on.

I think now we've won a couple the confidence will start to pick up again and he will take a few chances.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Valeron wrote:no-brainer to keep him, as long as he's starting he's one of the best value players in the game this season. His returns will come, assuming he keeps his place.
Can't disagree with you that his points will come at some point but i think the game is about the here and now. Yes We may be rewarded by Redmond when he hits a brace in GW 10 but how many points lost over these 10 GW by keeping him rather than a better performing player ?
I think it's really about owning the right player at the right times. 1 or 2 blanks can be accepted for players like Aguero/ Sanchez etc...but for a punt like Redmond i think that's not wise considering existing alternatives.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I'm alaways wary of players that start with a big score and then decline like he has.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:

I'm playing my AOA chip so I can play them both.

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

I`m jumping of the Redmond train.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Why?

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Weisenwolf wrote:Why?
Possibly because despite him looking 'good' in the last match, his fluffed chances could potentially be down to an inherent lack of talent rather than Redmond being unlucky. The jury is very much still out with Redmond as he could be a player that has good underlying stats but doesn't convert that into end-product due to not being talented enough.

If I had a spare free transfer this week, I'd be selling him. As it is, I'm benching him and playing Capoue.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Football Hero wrote:
Possibly because despite him looking 'good' in the last match, his fluffed chances could potentially be down to an inherent lack of talent rather than Redmond being unlucky. The jury is very much still out with Redmond as he could be a player that has good underlying stats but doesn't convert that into end-product due to not being talented enough.

If I had a spare free transfer this week, I'd be selling him. As it is, I'm benching him and playing Capoue.
Heard all this a week before Lukaku scored a hatty. I tend to have a lot of patiences and it gets rewarded.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Football Hero wrote:

Heard all this a week before Lukaku scored a hatty. I tend to have a lot of patiences and it gets rewarded.
Who said that about Lukaku? He is a player with a proven pedigree of goal scoring at Everton and West Brom. Lukaku got 18 goals and 7 assists last season; not bad, not bad at all.

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

Plenty of people pointed out he hasn't scored since March when people were comparing Lukaku and Costa. Then he goes and gets a hat trick.

Anyway back on topic, Snodgrass is better at a similar price ?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Football Hero wrote:

I thought he was jumping on not off; I skim read two letters beginning with 'o' rather than three and thus read 'on'. And I expect he can answer for himself if he wishes to do so :roll:

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Football Hero wrote:

I thought he was jumping on not off; I skim read two letters beginning with 'o' rather than three and thus read 'on'. And I expect he can answer for himself if he wishes to do so :roll:
Well he said he was ''jumping 'of' the Redmond train'', and 'of' is more likely to mean 'off' rather than 'on' in my opinion, but it's not 100% clear.

I'm fairly sure that he can answer for himself, but is currently not doing so. It's fine for others to speculate though right? :roll:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Redmond will score vs West Ham and provide an assist for Charlie Austin.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Excellent!

Optomism :D

Not a fan of all this moaning and aggressive arguing going on with some of these threads. The season has just begun and this is a game FFS :wink:

Could be a Hatty; you never know 8-)

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I'm sticking with him, at 6mil, playing up front for a decent team, seemingly nailed for the moment, he's bound to come good at some point...!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

If he keeps his place (and position) I can't see him not being good value, to be frank. (Sorry for the double negative). The problem I have at the moment is that I could say that about a multitude of midfielders.

If I was keeping him my worry would be "where will Boufal fit in?", because in my head I see him as a fairly similar player in what he can bring to the team.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

He's circa -50% for a 2nd price drop. If he gets something this week that won't matter.

If he blanks he will certainly suffer one drop next week and possibly two or three.

He may well be on the cusp of greatness but he's blanked the last 4 weeks and with players like Puncheon out there already performing, cheaper, price heading the other way I would prefer not to have him. But hey we don't know what the weekend will bring :D

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Weisenwolf wrote:He's circa -50% for a 2nd price drop. If he gets something this week that won't matter.

If he blanks he will certainly suffer one drop next week and possibly two or three.
Might drop next week indeed, but the rest is a bit over the top. :wink:

It seems pretty much impossible to me that he could suffer three drops in one week - even two drops next week seems incredibly unlikely. Only about 1/3 of current sellers are non wildcarders (according to that -50 percentage and his current and GW start ownership). At this rate another 50k or so people total have to sell to get his first drop next week (of which 17k or so would be non-wildcard transfers), then the threshold would be double for a second drop, so around 60k NTO needed for 2nd drop, which at the current wildcard percentage would be 180k sellers. So he'd need around 230k sellers total between now and GW8 to drop twice in that preceding week. He's only owned by 320k and I can't see two thirds of his owners selling - a huge chunk will be dead teams.

#someonehastoomuchtimeontheirhandsthisweek

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

You may well be right although I am sceptical that next week will have as many Wildcards live as thus week. If I can set aside the Wildcards for a moment he needs circa 17,60 & 90k of sales so 177k plus whatever the wildcard influence and even 177k is, I agree, highly unlikely. Two drops however, especially as he is still dropping this week is entirely reasonable. He could only be around 70k from that event. Especially if Punch/Townsend or whatever put in a good shift.

He'll probably bag a Hatty now anyway :lol:

And I'll want him back :shock:

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Despite Saints getting three goals Redmond manages to get nothing again and is half way to a shiny new price of £5.9M.

McArthur & Ledley are cheaper and a better bet IMHO

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”