To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Nathan Redmond

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Hazardous
Kevin and Perry

Nathan Redmond

Post by Hazardous »

With most fpl players planning to wildcard gameweek 3, Redmond seems like a decent punt considering his gameweek 1 and 3 fixtures and his decent points scoring record at Norwitch. Any saints fans know if he is nailed on? Seems like a potentially promising fpl prospect.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Re: Nathan Redmond

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

OOP also? Could be a good pick for the opening fixtures. Wonder how likely he is to start though?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Could be a great pick at that price, and he does seem in favour. With both Long and Austin around though, there is always the danger of reduced minutes. Going Tadic myself, had a ridiculous points to minute ratio last season and is the main man now the Mane man has gone.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Great shout Hazardous, I'm a big fan of Redmond and wanted him last season too but there were worries about whether he would start. I think there are a few decent options for a cheap 4th midfielder, and Redmond is one of them.

Curwinkle
FISOhead

Post by Curwinkle »

Nailed his place in my team. Oop prospect, scored well in a poor side last term. Reasonable fixtures.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

He's been in my team since yesterday's friendly - just leaving my draft an hour ago - that's three in a row as an OOP striker now in friendlies? At least two (but couldn't see formation against Groningen when I looked);

There were a few comments from the manager earlier today suggesting he might try to convert Redmond to a striker:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/06/so ... e-for-sum/?

Not sure he'll eventually make my lineup though as I can't help but search for the 1.5 to make him a 7.5 instead. He feels to me as if he'll either be a complete flop starting on the bench most weeks or an immediate obvious pick bandwaggon. The trick will be to correctly guess which it is. :lol:

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

Been in my team for awhile think he might start well then fade but that will do for me especially as he's been used as a striker recently. The new manager seems to rate him as well which bodes well for his game time

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

This years Mahrez, avoid at your own peril

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Both Austin and JRod are playing for Southampton's U23s tonight:

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/statu ... 5629069312

Redmond therefore a starter this weekend?

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

He's definitely staying in my side. He'll thrive in a better team as he's very much a confidence player. If he's got that confidence to take on his man more often then we're in business. Sorry to see him leave Norwich but it was the right move, just hope he brings home the points!

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Class act IMO. Can suffer a bit from inconsistency but could have a blinder of a season. One of my first picks.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I'm a new convert; underpriced, due to transfer, Saints mid playing as a forward with a manager who knows his business. Good 'punt'. And given the crops of their youth team if they buy they need & want that player, he will play 8-)

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Billy Bongo wrote:This years Mahrez, avoid at your own peril
There'll always be cheap players with good value but to think it'll ever happen again that a £5.5ish player will finish top again is too much.

Tranners
Kevin and Perry

Post by Tranners »

110 points in a poor Norwich team, now in a better side with the obvious potential to be OOP, he should be adding at least 30-40 points onto that, at 6.0 and decent fixtures, it seems a risk NOT to have him IMO

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

He's also droppable at any time, even if he is in possession right now...

Curwinkle
FISOhead

Post by Curwinkle »

Excited about this guy's prospects. Currently debating if I should double up with Tadic. Think they could both score heavily.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Mav3rick wrote:Both Austin and JRod are playing for Southampton's U23s tonight:

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/statu ... 5629069312

Redmond therefore a starter this weekend?
Looks promising, though Austin did score two. At the moment I think I might leave him though as I'm keen on Tadic for 7.5 (like Curwinkle) and two Saints seems a tad overkill with their very mixed fixtures. If he doesn't score well and bandwaggon in GW1 I'd be fairly comfortable in leaving him to the wildcard after he's got through United/Arsenal/WHU/Leicester away in the following six games. In fact, with City, Chelsea and Liverpool all in the four that follow that run I'm not quite so delighted with Tadic as I was a few seconds ago. Not put off quite enough though. :lol:

Probably worth mentioning that Long is also looking good for the start too based on this, but for how long is the question.

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

Curwinkle wrote:Excited about this guy's prospects. Currently debating if I should double up with Tadic. Think they could both score heavily.
I'm doubling up.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Triggerlips raised an interesting point on his blog about players like Redmond, who we all hope and expect will do well, that have a dodgy GW2 fixture, in that they are prime candidates for price drops if they don't perform as expected in GW1 (i.e. if benched or subbed early).

Now, I don't think you should pick players based on being worried about them dropping in price, but it is an interesting perspective that I'd not really thought of specifically. The exact situation talked about by Triggerlips did occur last season with players like Mane and Walcott haemorrhaging value early on due to high levels of "active" ownership, underperforming expectations and a lack of patience (in Mane's case).

What it would make do though is consider what escape plans I have should that situation occur. Downgrades are easy, what if you need the 0.5 for an upgrade though?

BJK
Treebeard

Post by BJK »

Struggling with trying to bring him in as im already on a midfield of Hazard, Feghouli, Mahrez, Alli, Siggy. Could downgrade Siggy or find 0.5 more to upgrade Feghouli.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

I have 0.5mn banked but not sure it's wise to upgrade him GW2 unless he doesn't play at all. The only alternative (looking at the fixtures) I'd want at 6.5mn is Deulofeu so he'd have to perform GW1 for me to be worried about his price rising and make the switch. It's a value loss minefield whatever squad you pick, I don't think there's a way around it.

Redmond's a decent gamble given he's been playing up top recently. I'm certainly moving away from Routledge now that Swans have signed another forward, which is a shame as I really liked that gamble too for GW1/2. Most stuff seems to be a gamble at this stage, there's been so many movements of managers/players.

Libero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO Prime Minister 2015; Decathlon Gold 2016, 2019

Post by Libero »

Read this, lick your lips and stay onboard with Redmond. Has me thinking about Hojbjerg too.

http://freshsaints.com/a-tactical-analy ... uthampton/

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Libero wrote:Read this, lick your lips and stay onboard with Redmond. Has me thinking about Hojbjerg too.

Thanks Libero. This also suggests good returns for Tadic as one or other forward peels out into the channel, drawing the centre back and creating space for the late run. But that extra £1.5m...hmm...

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Libero wrote:Read this, lick your lips and stay onboard with Redmond. Has me thinking about Hojbjerg too.

Interesting article, I had Hoj in for my base a while ago and odd as it sounds can't see most of the rest being any better than their cost. Except Redmond. It's a punt but it does appear a most intriguing punt.

I don't know where this seasons nearly Mahrez/Vardy/Mahrez is going to come from but this chap is a definite maybe

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Mav3rick wrote:Triggerlips raised an interesting point on his blog about players like Redmond, who we all hope and expect will do well, that have a dodgy GW2 fixture, in that they are prime candidates for price drops if they don't perform as expected in GW1 (i.e. if benched or subbed early).
Redmond is just 40th among mids in ownership %. Further, he is highly unlikely to be on many casuals teams as he is a "no name" and hasn't played for a big team. Serious players are unlikely to panic after a blank and will keep through GW3 one would think. To me, that makes him much less likely to have a mass price drop even if he bombs.

Now, if he doesn't start that's an entirely different story, but that seems doubtful to me.

Finally, I think there is more risk in big players bombing and dropping price than others. Payet is owned by 30% of all players. If he doesn't start (a possibility) how many are going to jump ship especially MCI(A) coming up in GW3? Seems more risk there IMO.

Hazardous
Kevin and Perry

Post by Hazardous »

Redmond played very well this weekend and showed some FPL promise. I expect him to be a popular enabler early in the season. Hopefully his position is secured at striker.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

One of the few picks I got right; my 4th striker

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Is he finished now? Do we think he is unlikely to play OOP anymore now that they signed Boufal?

Surely he is finished if he is not OOP, right?

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

Finisher1 wrote:Is he finished now? Do we think he is unlikely to play OOP anymore now that they signed Boufal?

Surely he is finished if he is not OOP, right?
Judging by some saints talk I reckon he's two up top with Boufal. Either way not a pressing concern at the moment for me as long as he's still starting

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”