To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Nathan Redmond

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Re: Nathan Redmond

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I think I will jump on this week, he has been doing well and seems to be starting up front in the first 11, the fact he's had a price drop is a bonus.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Torn between him and Bolasie as my Snodgrass replacement. Feels a bit of a coin toss.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

I am going here. Southampton is a top8 team, and Redmond is the center forward.
He could be this season's Low Price must-have.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Would you all be jumping on if he hadn't scored from a poor underhit backpass?

I had him up until GW6 and he returned 1 goal, which bobbled through a crowd of players on a corner, same as his goal against Burnley.

He's been playing well but the points have seemed limited up until this point

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

cesc408 wrote:Would you all be jumping on if he hadn't scored from a poor underhit backpass?

I had him up until GW6 and he returned 1 goal, which bobbled through a crowd of players on a corner, same as his goal against Burnley.

You sound bitter you missed out on his 2 consecutive goals :)

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

How serious is the injury? I brought him in yesterday, and woke up this morning to find him yellow flagged. That's not how it's supposed to be

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
cesc408 wrote:Would you all be jumping on if he hadn't scored from a poor underhit backpass?

You sound bitter you missed out on his 2 consecutive goals :)
Not at all, It gets to the point when you can't keep carrying an active playing midfielder when loads are doing better and picking up regular points. At around 6m he is a great pick if he can deliver regularly, but he hasn't really as of yet.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

JVRB48 wrote:How serious is the injury? I brought him in yesterday, and woke up this morning to find him yellow flagged. That's not how it's supposed to be

No flag now, much better.

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

Sheesh these Redmond goals have confused the hell out of me. I think I'm normally too conservative and give players far too much time (currently Antonio who will almost certainly go this week). Redmond's consecutive 9 point hauls are a lovely surprise the last few weeks. If he stays up front for Southampton then I think he could be hard to beat in the 6m bracket.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

JVRB48 wrote:
JVRB48 wrote:How serious is the injury? I brought him in yesterday, and woke up this morning to find him yellow flagged. That's not how it's supposed to be

No flag now, much better.
Excellent. I haven't counted forwards yet, but a price freeze around the time the fixtures turn in his favour would suit me nicely.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Had him from the start of the season and while he scored in his first game I pegged him as a threat, but not a finisher. I know he's scored in consecutive games now, but as cesc says above would he be as tempting if he hadn't got that early goal. Why doesn't he score more? Would love to have him back in, maybe to replace Son (with Antonio going for Hazard or Firmino), but just not sure.

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

Iv had him from the start and stuck by him, he seems to be a favourite of the manager and gets in good positions. He's missed some sitters (obviously not good) so at least he is getting chances and Southampton are starting to look good after a shaky start

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Things don't seem to have changed much in the one month since the last post in this thread.

The stats just don't match the returns. He plays 90 minutes practically every game, playing in an advanced position for a mid-table team, in the entire league he ranks 10th overall with amount of penalty area shots, yet only 3 goals and 0 assists so far? The same returns evident in the Europa League too - 3 full games (and a sub appearance) - no goals, no assists.

So after 15 matches, averaging a penalty area shot every 46 minutes, he needs 10 shots to score 1 goal.

What's the situation with him; Is he assisting the assister every game, or is he shooting wildly at every half-chance, or is it that he just can't finish? Unlucky or utterly useless?

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

He's erratic in front of goal for sure, but overall us owners haven been unlucky with him. Especially if you sensibly benched him for their toughest match of the season where he scored one of his few hauls.

I'm having a horrible season with players just not returning anything off a lot of promise and good stats. Redmond is a case in point.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Yes he certainly does come with promise. On paper, he's a midfielder playing as a forward, lots of shots in the area, only 6.0, and Southampton have great fixtures in December. He seemed the ideal Coutinho replacement for my team to enable Lukaku to Kane, but his returns have sure put me right off. I'll give the Southampton game a watch tomorrow.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Paulista wrote:Things don't seem to have changed much in the one month since the last post in this thread.

The stats just don't match the returns. He plays 90 minutes practically every game, playing in an advanced position for a mid-table team, in the entire league he ranks 10th overall with amount of penalty area shots, yet only 3 goals and 0 assists so far? The same returns evident in the Europa League too - 3 full games (and a sub appearance) - no goals, no assists.

So after 15 matches, averaging a penalty area shot every 46 minutes, he needs 10 shots to score 1 goal.

What's the situation with him; Is he assisting the assister every game, or is he shooting wildly at every half-chance, or is it that he just can't finish? Unlucky or utterly useless?
This is no different to his Norwich days, he's the same player playing the same way. I just don't think he's that talented or clinical enough in front of goal and it will likely never change.

He wasn't clinical for Norwich, (and couldn't even hold down a regular starting place in a poor side that got relegated from the Prem twice), and it's the same situation now; only the Saints manager (incorrectly) seems to love him, aided partly by the fact that Tadic and Boufal are also not producing that much either, and partly because the manager sees Redmond as one of 'his' players since he signed him over the summer.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

He'll need to start producing soon, or I can see Puel preferring a run of games with a front three of Tadic/Austin/Boufal. Southampton fans on the forums appear to be becoming frustrated with him. But the stats are there so good returns could be right around the corner.

I was asking about him as my Coutinho replacement (had to be 7.2 or less to fund Luk to Kane) but opted against him in the end.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

He was the makeweight for me to fund Kane this week. Seems crazy when you look at the fixtures and the fact he is a 6m midfielder playing up front, but despite posting good underlying numbers he just isn't doing it right now. Shame. I also have Austin too which came into play when making the decision; as solid as Saints are, I'm not sure they are enough of an attacking force at this stage to double up.

For anyone considering him though, I should add I fully expect him to go on the rampage now I have got rid.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Mentioned this in the Austin thread keep an eye out for a young player who started for Southampton on Sun, Sims winger 4.5, got the assist for austins goal and looks a good player.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

The Username wrote:Mentioned this in the Austin thread keep an eye out for a young player who started for Southampton on Sun, Sims winger 4.5, got the assist for austins goal and looks a good player.
Indeed, he was very good. But is he going to be nailed? If yes, then I will definitely bring him in.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I think Sims only played because Tadic and Boufal were both unavailable due to injury.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Stemania wrote:I think Sims only played because Tadic and Boufal were both unavailable due to injury.
True, but as a result, he's now put himself on the map so-to-speak, and therefore I expect him to play more often in the future than he might otherwise have done.

He would need to be really spectacular to hold down a consistent place in the starting eleven and become a fantasy option though.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Boufel started tonight but was replaced by Sims on 70 odd mins, be interesting to see what that means for the weekend, I mentioned it as a monitor rather then a valid option at this stage.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Boufal was ill last weekend

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

He's been in my team since GW1 but I can't seem to shift him. Like many on here I think that playing up front for a good team with good fixtures and ok stats that he should come good.

If he blanks again I can hopefully get Siggy in for him next week by downgrading Heaton to Pickford but would require a hit.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

I think Boufal got two assists in the EFL cup quarter final as well.

Boufal should play ahead of Redmond on current form, but I'm not sure that Claude Puel will do this.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”