To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Who To Bench Thread 2016/17

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Re: Who To Bench Thread 2016/17

Post by sunbather »

Weisenwolf wrote:
sunbather wrote:Should I bench Deulofeu, Redmond or Capoue?
Friend or McAuley?
Who else have you got?
Cheers for replying again Weisen.
Defence is Stones, Valencia, Van Dijk, McAuley, Friend
Mid is Deu, Redmond, Capoue, Mahrez, Firmino

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

I'm playing Amat over Redmond and Friend, but Redmond will most likely come in for injury man Feghouli.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Advice required please gents... I need to bench two of Amat, Friend, Morgan, Stones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Morgan and Friend.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Thanks Owsler, that's what I thought (honest!)

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

sstaffsw wrote:Advice required please gents... I need to bench two of Amat, Friend, Morgan, Stones.
I'd bench Friend and Morgan.

Stones and Morgan are your "more premium" defenders, so those two come into consideration before the other two. However, Leicester is playing Arsenal and I fully expect Arsenal to score at least one, maybe two or even three. They scored seven against Leicester over two games last season.

Then, Swansea is playing Hull at home and Middlesbrough has to go to Sunderland. Despite the fact that Amat is 0.5 cheaper, I would play him. Swansea getting a clean sheet away at Burnley is definitely better than Middlesbrough conceding one at home to Stoke (I know Stoke didn't create that much) and I expect Sunderland to score more goals than Hull this weekend.

Edit: Owsler already gave some advice. :)

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Cheers Joccki. My bench order is Fletcher, Friend, Morgan.

Stevieste31
Treebeard
FS Record: Played sundreamteam since it started and fantasy premiership

Post by Stevieste31 »

After 82 points last week i can not for the life of me decide who to put on the bench, i even had redmond, tadic and barkey on bench before with 5 at the back, but seems way to risky that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bertie64
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 28640....

Post by Bertie64 »

I wouldn't be doubling up on SOU at the expense of Diamonde. Hull will be an handful this season for many teams. I think you have both of them starting because you can't decide which one is likely to score best. Make that call man! I'd play Tadic and Diomande all day FWIW.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

sunbather wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
sunbather wrote:Should I bench Deulofeu, Redmond or Capoue?
Friend or McAuley?
Who else have you got?
Cheers for replying again Weisen.
Defence is Stones, Valencia, Van Dijk, McAuley, Friend
Mid is Deu, Redmond, Capoue, Mahrez, Firmino
I can't see Van Dijk getting anything so him. Despite the fact Capoue is a base price I'm not a fan of Deu so I would play Capoue. It is however a punt despite his goal last week; however he also got the 3BP's and that suggests he played well too so although one game isn't 'form' this does suggest he may be a form player. I can't see Deu getting 3 BP's :lol:

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Joccki_10 wrote:
sstaffsw wrote:Advice required please gents... I need to bench two of Amat, Friend, Morgan, Stones.
I'd bench Friend and Morgan.

Stones and Morgan are your "more premium" defenders, so those two come into consideration before the other two. However, Leicester is playing Arsenal and I fully expect Arsenal to score at least one, maybe two or even three. They scored seven against Leicester over two games last season.

Then, Swansea is playing Hull at home and Middlesbrough has to go to Sunderland. Despite the fact that Amat is 0.5 cheaper, I would play him. Swansea getting a clean sheet away at Burnley is definitely better than Middlesbrough conceding one at home to Stoke (I know Stoke didn't create that much) and I expect Sunderland to score more goals than Hull this weekend.

Edit: Owsler already gave some advice. :)
+1

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Amat vs Stones is giving me unexpected headaches!

folcane
Treebeard

Post by folcane »

Some friendly advice please who to play of Gray, Ramirez or Amat. I need to choose 1 from these 3.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Notned wrote:Amat vs Stones is giving me unexpected headaches!
Me too. I guess if it's 50/50 go for the expensive one , you'll kick yourself less if it goes wrong than if you pick the budget and it goes belly up. Also even if Citeh concede they won't get hammered; Swansea could.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Notned wrote:Amat vs Stones is giving me unexpected headaches!
Me too. I guess if it's 50/50 go for the expensive one , you'll kick yourself less if it goes wrong than if you pick the budget and it goes belly up. Also even if Citeh concede they won't get hammered; Swansea could.
Very true!

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

folcane wrote:Some friendly advice please who to play of Gray, Ramirez or Amat. I need to choose 1 from these 3.
Well Amat is playing Hull and if Diomande is as good as his BP's suggest he's a bad call. Gray is playing a defence that let 3 in last week so is in with a chance although Arsenal aren't Burnley. Ramirez is playing Sunderland so Ramirez for me. :wink:

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Bertie64 wrote:I wouldn't be doubling up on SOU at the expense of Diamonde. Hull will be an handful this season for many teams. I think you have both of them starting because you can't decide which one is likely to score best. Make that call man! I'd play Tadic and Diomande all day FWIW.
Diomande got the 3 BP's last week; I'd back him too.

folcane
Treebeard

Post by folcane »

Weisenwolf wrote:
folcane wrote:Some friendly advice please who to play of Gray, Ramirez or Amat. I need to choose 1 from these 3.
Well Amat is playing Hull and if Diomande is as good as his BP's suggest he's a bad call. Gray is playing a defence that let 3 in last week so is in with a chance although Arsenal aren't Burnley. Ramirez is playing Sunderland so Ramirez for me. :wink:
Thanks mate was leaning that way based on the comments of his game play last week on this forum.

Curwinkle
FISOhead

Post by Curwinkle »

Starting Redmond over Amat. If my two Utd defenders concede tonight then I guess I want most chance of having the player doing the damage. Rather than hoping for a swans clean sheet and then not getting it with pts on bench and no clean sheets

gnoddy
Kevin and Perry

Post by gnoddy »

Amat, Stones or Deulafeo? Which one to bench? Toughy...

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

GW2 is effectively done & dusted for me so it's on to GW3's benching dilemma :wink: .

Need to bench one of the following:

Baines (H) vs Stoke
Stones (A) vs West Ham

Currently have Stones on the bench but not sure that's the right decision :? ...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Wait and see tomorrow plus WHam players returning form injury?

Defo worth a Stones downgrade (and he may drop this GW) imho, but you are top 14k 8-)

Imh(umble)o Eveton's defence hasn't done much wrong and when Lukaka and Bolasie start, Baines will be the beneficiary FF wise. Bolasie is good at creating space for overlapping F\WB's and Baines can deliver a cross....

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

I'm not selling Stones :wink: .

But yes, definitely worth seeing how West Ham line-up & perform against Bournemouth before making a final decision.

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

Stones is again on my team (same as the first two GWs :roll: )
My problem this week is Deulofeu. This horrible prick is now stuck in my team and I don't have no more free transfers and have already done a -4. Considering how bad he was last match I fear he will be benched for Bolasie.
The question is:
Is Capoue against Arsenal worth a punt or shoud I play Friend for the boring 4-3-3?

CarlosTheFinger
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: William Hill Chiswick branch Euro 2008 league winner

Post by CarlosTheFinger »

Razorback wrote:GW2 is effectively done & dusted for me so it's on to GW3's benching dilemma :wink: .

Baines (H) vs Stoke
Stones (A) vs West Ham

Currently have Stones on the bench but not sure that's the right decision :? ...
I would say both are as likely to concede as each other but Baines is more likely to get attacking gains, assuming he's still assuming that left wingback role.

I also wouldn't sell Stones unless he looks like being rotated. His transfer was a gift to FPL players. A very cheap top 2/3 (?) defender who will likely keep a heck of a lot of clean sheets this season. As long as Sterling isn't marking giants in the penalty box.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

CarlosTheFinger wrote:
Razorback wrote:GW2 is effectively done & dusted for me so it's on to GW3's benching dilemma :wink: .

Baines (H) vs Stoke
Stones (A) vs West Ham

I would say both are as likely to concede as each other but Baines is more likely to get attacking gains, assuming he's still assuming that left wingback role.

I also wouldn't sell Stones unless he looks like being rotated. His transfer was a gift to FPL players. A very cheap top 2/3 (?) defender who will likely keep a heck of a lot of clean sheets this season. As long as Sterling isn't marking giants in the penalty box.
Both are at Home, btw.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Bench two?

Valencia (hul)
McAuley (MID)
Stones (WHU)
Targett (SUN)
Amat (lei)

Definitely benching Amat and at the moment McAuley (again haha), but I think I might bench Stones if Payet is playing...

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

tarkens wrote:Bench two?

Valencia (hul)
McAuley (MID)
Stones (WHU)
Targett (SUN)
Amat (lei)

Definitely benching Amat and at the moment McAuley (again haha), but I think I might bench Stones if Payet is playing...
Bertrand is expected back this weekend, so wait for the Southampton team news because Targett might drop out.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Having a benching dilemma myself. Bench one of -

Andre Gray (che)
Evans (MID)
Souare (BOU)

I think I'll bench Gray and play 4-4-2. I hope he doesn't tweet about it.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Paulista wrote:Having a benching dilemma myself. Bench one of -

Andre Gray (che)
Evans (MID)
Souare (BOU)

I think I'll bench Gray and play 4-4-2. I hope he doesn't tweet about it.
:lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”