To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Who To Bench Thread 2016/17

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Who To Bench Thread 2016/17

Post by gallus »

bigcliff2 wrote:Which one of these for next GW?

Amat home to WHU
McAuley away to Arsenal
Daniels away to Bournemouth

Daniels on the bench, right?
Definitely, I wouldn't want to play Daniels when he's playing against BOU :D

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Notned wrote:Still undecided... play Cedric (TOT) or Amat (WHU)?
Amat is a bit of a lottery, since both West Ham and Swansea have been hot and cold. Cedric though, I mean you're not expecting a cleanie there so it's about attacking points and I don't see much of those when confronted with those maurading spurs full backs.

I reckon roll the dice on Amat, but don't expect anything better than a 1 pointer from either.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

matmutte wrote:Bench 1 of Holebas (CRY), Amat (WHU), Brunt (ars) ?
Currently benching Brunt
Definitely play Holebas, I think I'd play Brunt for the set piece potential. Much like I said to Notned, I've no idea what to expect from a Swansea vs West Ham match, but if WBA score there's a good chance Brunt assists it IMO.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Play Diomande (MCI) or Amat (whu)?

Payet is in as well, so leaning towards Diomande.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Who To Bench Thread 2016/17

Post by eastcentral1 »

Joccki_10 wrote:Play Diomande (MCI) or Amat (whu)?

Payet is in as well, so leaning towards Diomande.
Yeah, I'd take a punt on Diomande. Stones may be back to gift Hull a goal.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Amat, De Roon, or Anichebe?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:
Notned wrote:Still undecided... play Cedric (TOT) or Amat (WHU)?
Amat is a bit of a lottery, since both West Ham and Swansea have been hot and cold. Cedric though, I mean you're not expecting a cleanie there so it's about attacking points and I don't see much of those when confronted with those maurading spurs full backs.

I reckon roll the dice on Amat, but don't expect anything better than a 1 pointer from either.
Thanks mate, that's pretty much what I was thinking. Not that it really matters, but I also have an attacker up against either one, so it's a bit of a coin toss really. Amat it is.

PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Post by PokerGod1900 »

Play Amat (WHM) or de Roon (bur)?

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

PokerGod1900 wrote:Play Amat (WHM) or de Roon (bur)?
this is my only decision left aswell, right now im on De Roon.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Punt on Brunt getting some attacking return rather than (nothing rhymes with Amat surely) than gamble on an Amat clean sheet?

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

Play Pickford (mun) or Foster (ars)? :?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

19Yorke wrote:Play Pickford (mun) or Foster (ars)? :?
Coin toss; That's basically the Sanchez vs Ibra captain decision! If I was captaining Ibra, I'd go for Pickford - I did a similar thing with Heaton at Old Trafford, despite Ibra somehow failing, Heaton had a blinder to soften the blow. Both keepers are likely to get 2 pointers anyway. It's almost a very small insurance policy against a captain fail. Obviously if you're captaining Sanchez, I'd go Foster.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Sutter Kane wrote:
Coin toss; That's basically the Sanchez vs Ibra captain decision! If I was captaining Ibra, I'd go for Pickford - I did a similar thing with Heaton at Old Trafford, despite Ibra somehow failing, Heaton had a blinder to soften the blow. Both keepers are likely to get 2 pointers anyway. It's almost a very small insurance policy against a captain fail. Obviously if you're captaining Sanchez, I'd go Foster.
I agree that is a coin toss. But I prefer the opposite strategy; the all or nothing potential. I dislike playing attacker vs clean sheet so I'm playing Grant instead of Pickford as I have Ibra but no Liverpool.

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

Paulista wrote:
Sutter Kane wrote:
I agree that is a coin toss. But I prefer the opposite strategy; the all or nothing potential. I dislike playing attacker vs clean sheet so I'm playing Grant instead of Pickford as I have Ibra but no Liverpool.
Interesting debate this! Agree that both keepers will probably score low anyway. I'll try the insurance policy and play Pickford against my Ibra (c) :D

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

19Yorke wrote:
Paulista wrote:
Sutter Kane wrote:
Interesting debate this! Agree that both keepers will probably score low anyway. I'll try the insurance policy and play Pickford against my Ibra (c) :D
Personally at this stage of the season, I'd prefer to play whoever is individually most likely to score the most points, even if one player scoring well will damage the score of another player. Overall that way, over a whole season, you will have more points. The exception is in the last few weeks of the season, where an 'all or nothing' approach may be the only possibility of achieving your season-long goal (winning a mini-league etc).

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Pick or grant

Evans or Ake

Scottoffee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in a month on Sky at some point...

Post by Scottoffee »

Alright all...

Having a bit of an issue over which one of these to play;

Townsend (Arsenal A)
Taylor (Bournemouth H)
Fer (Bournemouth H)
Ake (Swansea A)

Arsenal fairly solid at home but Townsend's a proper Allardyce style player and a chance of grabbing an assist / goal...
Taylor will probably play, but can they keep a cleansheet?...
Is Fer still living in Wales?...
Ake a goal threat and not a bad shout for a cleanie...

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Grant away to Chelsea or
Valdes away to ManU

?

Not much of a choice is it?

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Ake for sure.

Currently playing a back 4 of:

Cedric (WBA), Alonso (STK), Jones (MID). Smith (SWA)

With Anichebe and Allen benched.

Worth swapping one of the defenders?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Scottoffee wrote:Alright all...

Having a bit of an issue over which one of these to play;

Townsend (Arsenal A)
Taylor (Bournemouth H)
Fer (Bournemouth H)
Ake (Swansea A)

Arsenal fairly solid at home but Townsend's a proper Allardyce style player and a chance of grabbing an assist / goal...
Taylor will probably play, but can they keep a cleansheet?...
Is Fer still living in Wales?...
Ake a goal threat and not a bad shout for a cleanie...
The clean sheet odds have Swansea and Bournemouth pretty much level at about 35%, I guess there's an element of doubt in Taylor starting with the new manager.

Personally I would play Fer as you never know when he will bundle in a goal from a corner, which to me means you need to play him as often as you can as you have paid a premium for that threat. Townsend would be close behind, perhaps even a better bet, but away at Arsenal and with Mustafi back I wonder how much change Benteke (target for Townsend crosses) is going to get.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Weisenwolf wrote:Grant away to Chelsea or
Valdes away to ManU

?

I'd play Valdes. Boro can defend, so a 1 or 2 nil win looks possible, add on a save point or two and 2-3 points looks fair to me. Stoke could concede a cricket score and I don't think Grant is that good a shot stopper (in the same vein as Heaton or Foster).

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Owsler wrote: Currently playing a back 4 of:

Cedric (WBA), Alonso (STK), Jones (MID). Smith (SWA)

With Anichebe and Allen benched.

Worth swapping one of the defenders?
Obviously Alonso and Jones play, so its bench two of Cedric, Smith, Anichebe and Allen?

You'd have to say it's a bench match for Allen, I'd play Cedric definitely so just Smith vs Anichebe.

For a cheap forward, Anichebe is good on the stats front and Burnley give up a lot of chances (which is why Heaton makes so many saves), but Smith is OOP and on some direct free kicks. Close call, but I actually think I'd play Anichebe as the ceiling is higher. I think Bournemouth will concede so it's down to attacking returns from Smith.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Mav3rick wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:Grant away to Chelsea or
Valdes away to ManU

?

I'd play Valdes. Boro can defend, so a 1 or 2 nil win looks possible, add on a save point or two and 2-3 points looks fair to me. Stoke could concede a cricket score and I don't think Grant is that good a shot stopper (in the same vein as Heaton or Foster).
Yea that makes sense

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Cheers Mav. Food for thought. I agree that if Anichebe does play it's Smith who'd make way.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Hmmm, which one to play from these 3:

Zaha (A v Arsenal) - exciting player but a very tough game
Holebas (H v Spurs) - CS very unlikely but does get assists sometimes
Amat (H v Bournemouth) - best fixture by far, but Swansea rarely keep a CS, and he has no attacking potential

(I'm not bothered that Amat might not play - if not, then it seems he probably won't figure at all, so then the next sub would come in).

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

scarletjim wrote:Hmmm, which one to play from these 3:

Amat (H v Bournemouth) - best fixture by far, but Swansea rarely keep a CS, and he has no attacking potential

(I'm not bothered that Amat might not play - if not, then it seems he probably won't figure at all, so then the next sub would come in).
Amat does have some potential in attacking terms, in fact he's got almost the exact same attacking stats as Lovren and has had (and missed) 2 big chances (which is good number of big chances for a centre back) :shock: Obviously we're talking headers from corners rather than 40 yard screamers, but he's not an entirely blunt instrument.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Just benched Clyne in favour of Amat 8-) 8-) 8-)

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Mav3rick wrote:

Amat does have some potential in attacking terms, in fact he's got almost the exact same attacking stats as Lovren and has had (and missed) 2 big chances (which is good number of big chances for a centre back) :shock: Obviously we're talking headers from corners rather than 40 yard screamers, but he's not an entirely blunt instrument.
Aha ok, I'd never noticed that when watching him. But is it enough to play him above Holebas and Zaha? Going to be a tight decision between the 3 of them...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

scarletjim wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:

Aha ok, I'd never noticed that when watching him. But is it enough to play him above Holebas and Zaha? Going to be a tight decision between the 3 of them...

If you think CP are going to get the ball, and score at least 1, then Zaha, otherwise Amat?

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Hmmm... It seems the odds of Zaha scoring are not dissimilar to CS odds for the other two. On top of that, he is much more likely than them to assist, even if it is against Arsenal. Think I'll go for Zaha to play, Amat 1st sub, Holebas 2nd sub. Better hurry up too or I'll be in trouble! :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”