To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Stones

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Stones

Post by blahblah »

Weisenwolf wrote:Your right; I'm getting really old :shock:
:wink:

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Only reason I haven't shipped him out already is because i need to sort out my mid atm, but surely they can't go all season without a CS with him in the side, with Kompany back they should be more solid. Bravo is a clown.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Yes the ying is back but the yang remains...

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

I can't believe I still own him.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

still have him. mental block. he looks good on the team sheet every week

Omarz14
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Omarz14 »

JVRB48 wrote:I can't believe I still own him.

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

I keep figuring he's 5.0m, top 4 team, surely they can't keep conceeding ...

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Well if City can't keep a CS against Burnley or Boro, then they have some serious issues at the game.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Will keep conceding imo. I don't fancy City to win the league and their defence is one of the reasons.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

What is the first choice pairing now Kompany is fit? I guess we'll find out Saturday/Tuesday...?

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

On Saturday, Stones and Kompany for the first twenty minutes...

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Kompany just came off. Surely not injured again...

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I'm sure Pep regretted not having Stones on the bench for the United game. Kolarov and Otamendi were really bad.

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arseshavin »

Nailed on now? Seeminly VK got injured.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Arseshavin wrote:Nailed on now? Seeminly VK got injured.

Nailed on to get eff all points

Arseshavin
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: Stones

Post by Arseshavin »

yttod1010 wrote:

I'll take the chance if he does drop to 4.9.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

yttod1010 wrote:

A tad harsh: he'll be OK for 1 point :wink:

TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Post by TheoRiginal »

According to the commentator he asked Pep to take him off, but no injury was mentioned, and it seems more likely that he was concerned about his match fitness rather than any particular niggle. (Not flagged by FPL Towers, anyway, and they seem to jump on any opportunity if a player's hair seems a little limp!)

While he was on Ibra played very poorly, which might be ascribed to the way Kompany stifled him.

I reckon Pep recognises that he needs Kompany for as long as he can last in the next CL game, alongside Stones, and I expect another slightly longer stint against the probably less stressful WBA on Saturday in preparation.

As for Aguero, I am anticipating that he will start and be withdrawn at half time, to protect him, after he has bagged a brace...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

BBC say that Kompany said that he was tired - so a few weeks away from match fitness?

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Finally got rid of Stones this week. Cue a clean sheet and a goal!

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

RidleyMTB wrote:Finally got rid of Stones this week. Cue a clean sheet and a goal!

Yup. I did this too. Got holebas myself . Was so tempted with alonso

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

Still reeling with his almost goal (after his almost clean sheet). Surely back middle third if the season he'll come good?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Keeping.

City have been poor defensively but I know as soon as he goes from my team they will up their game.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

RidleyMTB wrote:Finally got rid of Stones this week. Cue a clean sheet and a goal!
City have some decent fixtures - who did you swap him for?

I'm looking at bringing Stones in despite how poor City have been in defence. At £5.0m he's vfm it's just waiting for them to come good that's the problem.

wba MID cry bur CHE lei WAT ARS hul - those are the next 9 fixtures. You would think potentially; 5/9 Cs there? City control games but find a way to concede.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

LAMPS27 wrote:

I'm looking at bringing Stones in despite how poor City have been in defence. At £5.0m he's vfm it's just waiting for them to come good that's the problem.

wba MID cry bur CHE lei WAT ARS hul - those are the next 9 fixtures. You would think potentially; 5/9 Cs there? City control games but find a way to concede.
Not much different to the list of teams that they have soiled their sheets against, is it?

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

blahblah wrote:
LAMPS27 wrote:

Not much different to the list of teams that they have soiled their sheets against, is it?
No, but history suggests that if you keep playing the percentages, in most cases you will win eventually. If you look at the teams who have kept the most clean sheets over the last few seasons, the big boys are always right up there.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

True, but Pep isn't bothered about them as long as his side scores more.....

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

blahblah wrote:True, but Pep isn't bothered about them as long as his side scores more.....
It's interesting, because Manchester City have decent numbers in shots on target against this season;

Imageupload images free

Filtered by shots on target faced against per game, Man City are 6th. They have played Tottenham and Southampton recently who will probably have boosted those numbers. I expect it to regress with the upcoming fixures, with SOU, TOT, EVE and CHE facing tough-ish runs over the next 5. I still think Stones is the best option.

A curve ball is a second Liverpool defender (assuming most have Lovren). They concede the 2nd best shots against and have played some very good teams but like City they just can't keep teams out!

Eventually the CS will improve for both, if they continue to allow few shots against their goal each game.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'm sorry, but those stats don't mean anything.

How many goals have Liverpool conceded from Corners would be far more relevant, imho.

And watch the Citeh defence: it is a goal waiting to happen...... So maybe a stat about defensive howlers would be needed.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Annoyingly he is dropping tonight

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”