To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Ibrahimovic - 11.5 - worth it?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Tranners
Kevin and Perry

Re: Ibrahimovic - 11.5 - worth it?

Post by Tranners »

9.5 for Ibrahimovic? Are we saying Ibra is going to score around the same as Lukaku?

Personally i think he is going to take the league by storm, and will be in the top 3 points scorers bar injury, fixture proof also

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

With 39% I expect that at some point this season he will be less than 10 Million :roll:
the flip side of that coin is that a goal or brace against Bournemouth and he will be heading towards 12m :D

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

I'm going to be more angry if Mkhit scores this weekend than Ibra.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Ibrahimovic - 11.5 - worth it?

Post by Finisher1 »

Weisenwolf wrote:With 39% I expect that at some point this season he will be less than 10 Million :roll:
The bigger his initial ownership is the slower his potential price drops will be, because many (probably a big majority) of his initial owners will be dead teams soon.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Tranners wrote:9.5 for Ibrahimovic? Are we saying Ibra is going to score around the same as Lukaku?

Personally i think he is going to take the league by storm, and will be in the top 3 points scorers bar injury, fixture proof also
No I'm saying they are equally likely to score more or less than each other. Ibra has the potential to score a lot bigger and the potential to score a lot less.

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

Finisher1 wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:With 39% I expect that at some point this season he will be less than 10 Million :roll:
The bigger his initial ownership is the slower his potential price drops will be, because many (probably a big majority) of his initial owners will be dead teams soon.
interesting point.

on the flipside to this, as the 'at least second most expensive' player in anyone's team, he may also be the most likely player to be shipped if he doesn't start with a bang. a lot of wildcards played early also, so a lot of teams wont be dead by the time the decision may need to be made.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

HungryHungrySuarez wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
interesting point.

on the flipside to this, as the 'at least second most expensive' player in anyone's team, he may also be the most likely player to be shipped if he doesn't start with a bang. a lot of wildcards played early also, so a lot of teams wont be dead by the time the decision may need to be made.
I agree.

the start for Ibra is crucial, as you say a couple of blanks or even just a poor showing against Bournemouth and people will be panicking that he can't cut it in England and swapping him for whatever striker starts well.

Personally I think he (and Manchester United) will start well, their fixtures are very kind and I can see Ibra racking up a few goals in the first month or so. In which case you will see the non owners panicking and his price will start creeping towards 12m. He's such an eye catching player that the hype around him will see many people bringing him in if he starts well.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'm fairly sure that FPL adjust for dead teams. He'll be insulated a bit as I'm sure the adjustments will lag real time, but it's not as if he won't drop due to high initial ownership.

Gambit I think is right in that he has a powder cake of ingredients for a big price rise. I don't think you have to own him long term though, in fact I'm quite sure you don't as Kane or Costa should probably be comparable.

If Ibrahimovic gets pens though, then I will reconsider my evaluation of him.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

He's probably a good pick early doors, certainly for the earl W/C players, if the rest of your squad doesn't suffer too badly but I don't think he will be quite so productive when the inevitable block of hard games comes around. And even these easier games against the less skilled but often very physical clubs may be more difficult for him as he is used to a league where many games are a cake walk. There is rarely an easy game in the premiership, I'm sure he knows this but he's never had to play it.

Time will tell in more ways than one.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I don't see him struggling at all with the physicality or quality of the PL defences. He'll score goals, at a decent conversion rate.

The question for me (other than his price) is also about how many chances Man Utd can create for him, I'm much more confident in Spurs ability to create chances than Man Utd's for example.

Tranners
Kevin and Perry

Post by Tranners »

Mav3rick wrote:I don't see him struggling at all with the physicality or quality of the PL defences. He'll score goals, at a decent conversion rate.

The question for me (other than his price) is also about how many chances Man Utd can create for him, I'm much more confident in Spurs ability to create chances than Man Utd's for example.
Would be a valid point if going from United teams over the last couple of years, but with the signings of Pogba and Mhkytarian, and with Rooney at no10, it could be raining goals

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Tranners wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:I don't see him struggling at all with the physicality or quality of the PL defences. He'll score goals, at a decent conversion rate.

Would be a valid point if going from United teams over the last couple of years, but with the signings of Pogba and Mhkytarian, and with Rooney at no10, it could be raining goals
It's all ifs and buts though. If Mhkytarian plays, if Rooney can remember how to play, if Mourinho lets them open up. Pogba will undoubtedly improve the team, but they still need to show something and the Community Shield was hardly reminiscent of the Man Utd attacking displays of old. Right now, I believe Spurs would make more chances than Man Utd would, or at the very least, Spurs are more of a known quantity.

It's all change at Man Utd (so circumstances are there to be exploited by FPL managers) but unfortunately their assets have been priced up as the finished (or at least proven) article rather than as potentially great options. Martial and Mhkytarian at 1.0 more than the Spurs mids is an example of this. I don't understand the pricing on those two, Pogba is at least a tempter, but again Ibrahimovic is more expensive than Kane. Spurs (I'm not a Spurs fan by the way) were one of the best attacking units last year, easily up there with Man City and Arsenal. Man Utd have a lot of ground to make up.

Maybe FPL know something I don't about Man Utd :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote: Maybe FPL know something I don't about Man Utd :lol:
Yep, they are Big in Japan and a fair few other places so they up the price of their big names 8-) :lol:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

blahblah wrote:
Yep, they are Big in Japan and a fair few other places so they up the price of their big names 8-) :lol:
Maybe that's it :lol:

Honestly I think its the Mourinho factor. As I said way back in the opening post, if Ibrahimovic can post numbers like Costa did a couple of years back then great - with his skill and quality he will convert a hell of a lot of those chances to goals.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Martial and Mhkytarian at 1.0 more than the Spurs mids is an example of this. I don't understand the pricing on those two
for Martial is this not down to being reclassified as a midfielder?

Martial scored as a midfielder last year would have had a similar score to Alli, so I think they are taking this into account and then increasing the price because it is expected that United will be much stronger this year.

Didn't make the top 4 last year but considered second favourites this year. IF they improve as expected then it's understandable where the pricing comes from.

Of course it's entirely possible that FPL have got it wrong, but it's hard to imagine that United will be as poor as they have been for large parts of the last few years.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

It is partly that you're right, but Martial still played about 10% more minutes to get the same score as Alli (even when points are adjusted), and even if they have scored roughly equally, why the 1.0 extra on Martial? I don't want to get into a posting war with Man Utd fans about how good or bad they will be, I just like picking up players with good underlying numbers and the Man Utd attackers have to improve a lot to be worth their price tags.

Man Utd can still win the league by being hard to beat, I don't think it's mutually exclusive that they can challenge for the title and that their attackers could be over priced in comparison to other options.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

You are right Mav, last season Spurs scored 69 and United scored 49, yet United's attackers are priced higher! Spurs will need to regress a little, and United do well with Mourinho and Ibra for them to show they are worth those prices.

Tranners
Kevin and Perry

Post by Tranners »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:You are right Mav, last season Spurs scored 69 and United scored 49, yet United's attackers are priced higher! Spurs will need to regress a little, and United do well with Mourinho and Ibra for them to show they are worth those prices.
That's not entirely true though, uniteds main attackers last season was Rooney(9), Rashford(7) and Martial(9.5) = 25.5

Spurs: Kane(11), Erikson(8.5) and Ali(8.5) = 28

United have added Ibrahimovic this season who none of us know how he will perform, but 50 goals in 47 games last season, and his previous record, would suggest he is worthy of a premium price tag

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Mav3rick wrote:
blahblah wrote:
Maybe that's it :lol:

Honestly I think its the Mourinho factor. As I said way back in the opening post, if Ibrahimovic can post numbers like Costa did a couple of years back then great - with his skill and quality he will convert a hell of a lot of those chances to goals.
is 'HoseB special needs' magic wand still working?

I appreciate his greatest ability is to buy the title but can that be done now?

It's certainly not as easy as once t'was

TOPCATDUSS
Treebeard

Post by TOPCATDUSS »

It's funny - a lot of professionals have predicted United will finish 4th... that there is no magic wand that will turn them from dismal last year to champions this year - sure they will grind out some better results - but for the most part it will take them time to gel... I'm going to start with Vardy - and IF Ibra becomes a must have I will move for him then.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

I've gone with Ibra, Aguero and Vardy up top.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

The Real Slim Shady wrote:I've gone with Ibra, Aguero and Vardy up top.
Snap

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

Mav3rick wrote:I'm fairly sure that FPL adjust for dead teams.
I have never seen that suggested in any of the CTC threads. You have any evidence of that? I would be very surprised to see FPL track changes on individual teams but have no facts to back up that opinion.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

SuperGrover wrote:
I have never seen that suggested in any of the CTC threads. You have any evidence of that? I would be very surprised to see FPL track changes on individual teams but have no facts to back up that opinion.
No evidence I can point you towards, no. I thought I read somewhere last season that thresholds went up or down though the season dependent on overall activity, but happy to be corrected.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

They were certainly still playing Van Gaal football in Community Shield, it was a real turnoff for me regarding any of their attacking asset. But then again, Leicester is a very solid team and played a good match. I don't expect Bournemouth to be at the same level, but who knows about these first matches, they are always surprising.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

The Real Slim Shady wrote:I've gone with Ibra, Aguero and Vardy up top.
I'm also on that at the moment.

Have done teams that don't include either one, but although it gives me more money for midfield the players I'm looking at have a degree of uncertainty.

Still time to change my mind but I think Ibra and Vardy will start the season well and Aguero is Aguero so I'm going to want him for most of the season and it's easier to start him than try to fit him in (unless playing an early wc)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Mav3rick wrote:
SuperGrover wrote:
No evidence I can point you towards, no. I thought I read somewhere last season that thresholds went up or down though the season dependent on overall activity, but happy to be corrected.
In the past the thresholds have changed and all they need is the number of transfers the previous week (or 3), rather than some notion of dead teams.

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

Pogba seems to be suspended in GW 1 due to a couple of yellows he brought with him from Italy. If true, might slightly "weaken" the team and its ability to provide chances for Ibra up top? Probably not much, but maybe enough to make myself more comfortable opting for Vardy initially :mrgreen:

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

blahblah wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
SuperGrover wrote:
In the past the thresholds have changed and all they need is the number of transfers the previous week (or 3), rather than some notion of dead teams.
Yeah that was my interpretation as well. Hence, later in the year price changes slow because of so many dead teams. This is especially true for the more popular players that casuals have at the beginning of the year.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Mav3rick wrote:It is partly that you're right, but Martial still played about 10% more minutes to get the same score as Alli (even when points are adjusted), and even if they have scored roughly equally, why the 1.0 extra on Martial? I don't want to get into a posting war with Man Utd fans about how good or bad they will be, I just like picking up players with good underlying numbers and the Man Utd attackers have to improve a lot to be worth their price tags.

Man Utd can still win the league by being hard to beat, I don't think it's mutually exclusive that they can challenge for the title and that their attackers could be over priced in comparison to other options.
I agree about Martial to an extent, but I disagree about Ibra and Mkhitaryan being overpriced.

Both of them ranked in the top 10 goal scoring/assists in Europe last season. Ibras record speaks for itself and Mkhitaryans 23 goals and 26 assists in 52 games + German player of the year makes his 9.5m price tag a bargain as soon as he's getting regular minutes.

Martial with a good first year under his belt + his attack prowess and being shifted into the MF bracket does justify his price hike some what. 11 goals in that muted LVG team in his debut season is an impressive haul.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”