To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Ibrahimovic - 11.5 - worth it?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Re: Ibrahimovic - 11.5 - worth it?

Post by Le Red »

Ironfist wrote:
DragonSwag wrote:Ok Ill do the math

Last season - 38 goals in 31 apps

This season:
new team, warming up with new teammates (-10%)
one year older and slower (-20%), but with more experiance and wisdom (+5%)
better league (-10%)
better teammates (+5%)
worse team relative to league (-5%)
Sole forward (+5%)

By my calculations he will score 26-27 goals this season. Cheers
I bet you acted as Dungeon Master at least once... :wink:
In addition to the overall work, the words "wisdom" and "experience" gave it away.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Le Red wrote:It's worth mentioning there's a possibility that Ibra's form at home will better Aguero's form away, which would make Ibra a solid captain option, adding up to his value.
That said, I have the armband glued on Aguero for the time being.
Happily going for the one at home, as it is the safe bet....

Note: the gain is only the score of the better one eg if one of them scores 1 point more than the other it is +/-1 point, so unlikely to be much on it if the away bod scores more.

Going to be a very odd Manc Derby though.....

SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by SuperGrover »

EDIT: FFS I can't read for shit.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

SuperGrover wrote:EDIT: FFS I can't read for shit.
That made me laugh ... I don't know what you edited ... but excellent nonetheless :lol:

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Owned by over half now.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Well he was worth the money after all :mrgreen:

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

I'm holding off at the moment ... it's not a fun ride but I just can't justify it ... this week anyway.

My biggest issue is spending so much on someone I'm not going to captain. While Aguero's fit he's got my armband for the next 8-10 gws. This is now a PPM thing :?

We're only 2 weeks in and after an ok start I'm happy to risk it a bit for a few gws and see where we're at then ... who are the value MFs for example.

I get the feeling lots of WCs have been played and points spent on very little info ...but who dares wins maybe.

This week I hope Ibra blanks and Vardy gets going ... Vardy blanking and Ibra showing off would be a disappointment :)

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

RomynPG wrote: This week I hope Ibra blanks and Vardy gets going ... Vardy blanking and Ibra showing off would be a disappointment :)
Well Vardy did nothing against the fighting Tigers or Arsenal and although the next game is promising his next few features don't.

Ibra scored 3 goals in 2 games and although the fixtures are no walk in the park they are better.

Good luck but I think you hope in vain.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Weisenwolf wrote:
RomynPG wrote: This week I hope Ibra blanks and Vardy gets going ... Vardy blanking and Ibra showing off would be a disappointment :)
Well Vardy did nothing against the fighting Tigers or Arsenal and although the next game is promising his next few features don't.

Ibra scored 3 goals in 2 games and although the fixtures are no walk in the park they are better.

Good luck but I think you hope in vain.
That's a fairly simplistic viewpoint though, I mean if you're basing decisions entirely on points scored so far, and if those trends continue, then the game is easy.

But Ibrahimovic is pretty unlikely to continue scoring 1.5 per game and Vardy is unlikely to keep missing the big chances coming his way. Payet will presumably be back soon as will Ozil, with Lukaku too. If Redmond loses his place then Ibrahimovic becomes harder to own.

There are lots of moving parts is my point!

When it turns around and to what effect combined with the price of players involved is key.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

RomynPG wrote:My biggest issue is spending so much on someone I'm not going to captain. While Aguero's fit he's got my armband for the next 8-10 gws. This is now a PPM thing :?
Is there any danger you're over simplifying? In terms of one player I very much see your point, but it isn't one player.. In my case I considered Vardy and Alli. I decided Lamela and Alli could very well score similarly...and the additional funds allowed me to consider Ibra over Vardy which I definitely liked on current form...

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

In my view he's a world class striker currently joint top in FPL whose price has risen by £0.2 and is bound to rise even more. From a strategic point of view, buying him was a no-brainer to me.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

what's the general feeling now?

nightmare week for United but he still got returns in both league defeats (and could have scored more), two home games coming up, one of which (h v Stoke) looks the standout fixture for GW7.

looking at the various transfer threads and those dumping him are either a: swapping for Aguero, b: on a WC and freeing up funds for all round squad surgery.

I can get Aguero (if I choose to bring him back straight away) without dropping Ibra so thinking of re-assessing the situation in GW8, United were awful against Watford but can't believe they will be that poor again (if they are then yes he'll be gone asap!)

Is it best to give him the next two home games or it time to cut and run?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

If they could just swap these two fixtures, Ibra would definitely stay but only for one GW. Now I still have my doubts...
I think he's a very appealing option for the next two fixtures, but if you also want to have Agüero (and do own Lukaku in my case), your midfield has to suffer.

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Despite the impending price drop I'm keeping him, he's done well to pick up more than appearance points in Utd's last two games (considering how poor they've been) and he's one of a handful of strikers that's actually delivering on a regular basis...

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Razorback wrote:Despite the impending price drop I'm keeping him, he's done well to pick up more than appearance points in Utd's last two games (considering how poor they've been) and he's one of a handful of strikers that's actually delivering on a regular basis...
So are you going heavily up front (Ibra/Agüero/Lukaku) and let's say moderate in midfield or are you skipping Agüero?

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Razorback wrote:Despite the impending price drop I'm keeping him, he's done well to pick up more than appearance points in Utd's last two games (considering how poor they've been) and he's one of a handful of strikers that's actually delivering on a regular basis...
So are you going heavily up front (Ibra/Agüero/Lukaku) and let's say moderate in midfield or are you skipping Agüero?
Heavy up front & moderate in midfield, generally favouring 4-3-3 with the occasional 3-4-3 this season...

Curwinkle
FISOhead

Post by Curwinkle »

I'm giving him a fortnight, by then I'll have 2 fts and be in a position to ship him for Kun or add Kun to the Ibrakaku party.

It's going to be difficult in the meantime watch both Ibra and Hazard haemorrhage team value.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

him or aguero for me don't want them both, aguero wins

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Curwinkle wrote:I'm giving him a fortnight, by then I'll have 2 fts and be in a position to ship him for Kun or add Kun to the Ibrakaku party.

It's going to be difficult in the meantime watch both Ibra and Hazard haemorrhage team value.
Hazard will get points soon and be in demand again, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Joccki_10 wrote:If they could just swap these two fixtures, Ibra would definitely stay but only for one GW. Now I still have my doubts...
I think he's a very appealing option for the next two fixtures, but if you also want to have Agüero (and do own Lukaku in my case), your midfield has to suffer.
that's a fair point and quite clearly whichever way you decide you are going to be "weakening" one area or another

Ibra is still the highest scoring striker in the game, as yet there doesn't seem to be a Vardy/Kane type budget striker who can match the big guns, but in midfield there are numerous players who are matching/outscoring the higher priced players.

Bony/Benteke/Deeney/Negredo/Defoe etc they are all much of a muchness, they will have their little bursts but then runs of blanks too, but with Ibra I can see returns most weeks.

May still change my mind but think I'll keep for now.

edit** just seen on twitter some journo's are running with the story that Rooney will be dropped for the Leicester game, if this is true (and I stress IF) then it strengthens my decision to hold as I think Rooney is currently a big problem for United (and England) and that they will be much better without him (yes I know, Feyenoord game)

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Gambit wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:with Ibra I can see returns most weeks.
This.

I've looked at the fixtures (which seem to get better in the latter half of the season) and I guesstimate Ibra could / should give some kind of return almost every other week.

Getting rid of him now might lead to regret later as I can imagine difficulty raising funds and re-shuffling to get him back in if / when he explodes (which I think he almost certainly will do at some point)

Happy to see competitors abandon him, saving themselves 0.1, 0.2 or 0.3 now even if they miss out on, say, 80 points difference in the long term :)

CigaretteSmokingMan
Treebeard
FS Record: Smokin!

Post by CigaretteSmokingMan »

Football Hero wrote:Hazard will get points soon and be in demand again, so I wouldn't worry about that.
By which time he could be a million cheaper :lol:

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Will get Ibra back in when Aguero gets injured. /standard.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Gone without question. The luck of his points thus far cannot continue (cant expect keeper errors every week) and even his assist points at the weekend were a joke and should not have been given. When UTD shows that they have gotten their struggles sorted out and can create more than 3 chances per game then I will consider him again. Hopefully this coincides with the good fixture run that begins week 16 I believe. Cant be bothered to check at the moment.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”