To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

ICT Index

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
redcanuck
FISOhead
FS Record: Sky sports Fantasy league Winner 2008-09

ICT Index

Post by redcanuck »

Influence
Creativity
Threat
ICT Index

Is there somewhere this is explained.?. Where they get the numbers from, how they come to ratings?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Re: ICT Index

Post by MoSe »

it's somethin I had seen in the Members area of the FFS site
http://members.fantasyfootballscout.co. ... asy-index/
from the figures I could devise that the Index it's simply (I+C+T)/10,
and as the 3 individual stats appear to always be interger numbers, the Index has 1 decimal figure
for a few players the index appears to be 0.1 or 0.2 off from the above formula, but I couldn't devise why at first glance
and wasn't able to find any explanation in FFS, dunno even whether it's their native stats idea or they've taken'em from elsewhere

googling ICT of course proposes mainly links regardin Information and Communication Technology :mrgreen:

but looking hard enough I could find there's a page announcing the novelty in the PL site itself (not FPL, d'oh), News section
http://www.premierleague.com/news/65567

there, contrary to FFS tables, the FPL example with Aguero shows individual I, C & T have 1 decimal digit too
it turns out FFS table show values rounded to the nearest integer, which also explains why the Index appeared sometimes skewed by 0.1 or 0.2
The ICT Index is a new feature for the 2016/17 Fantasy Premier League campaign, offering insight to help guide your strategies and selections.
A football statistical index, it has been developed specifically to give a verdict on a player as an FPL asset.

It uses match event data to generate a single score for three key areas – Influence, Creativity and Threat.
These figures then combine to create an individual’s ICT Index score.

While there is a wealth of data available to help assess player performance, including the statistics now presented on within the Stats section on this site, the ICT Index finds the most important numbers and makes them easy to digest.
It condenses more than 40 match event statistics into four distinct scores. These offer a view on player performance for factors that are known to produce FPL points.
I let you read the details about the 3 measurements in the article, although they only give a general description, without providing the actual formula
it closes with:
In a follow-up article on premierleague.com, we will take a closer look at the Index and analyse some of last season's top performers.
We will also offer judgment on how some of the big summer signings could measure up.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

MoSe wrote:and wasn't able to find any explanation in FFS, dunno even whether it's their native stats idea or they've taken'em from elsewhere
googlin further, I could scoop an FFS article from 5 seasons ago

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2 ... out-index/

it basically explains the same things as in the above FPL news
its sounds indeed like it was their idea
"Yesterday we launched the ICT Scout Index for our Members."

and following the link in the word "launched" https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/ ... -upgraded/
they actually say: "giving everything a facelift as we rolled out the ICT Scout Index – our Fantasy Football Player Index"

also read the other link in the following line
"although if you want some early insight into how this works you can refer to this earlier post which explains the basics"
http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2 ... goalposts/
'We’ve built our own Fantasy Football Index – the Scout “ICT” Index'

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

...I'm just a bit puzzled now then that PL/FPL don't appear to give ANY credit to FFS for its introduciotn and use... :? (unless I missed it)
in the FPL News quote:
"The ICT Index is a new feature for the 2016/17 Fantasy Premier League campaign"
"it has been developed specifically to give a verdict on a player as an FPL asset"
they don't actually say WHO developed it, but to the casual reader it sounds imho as FPL imply THEY did....

maybe FFS didn't care to register a copyright? :o
otoh I've no idea about intellectual property laws in UK....
maybe they allow to slightly change just one minor factor in a formula, and that gives you right to ignore author and credits... :?:
:idea: or maybe they had an undisclosed agreement with FFS in the first place, where FPL paid FFS to use it without crediting them :mrgreen:
_____
moved these considerations in a separate post, so if the fiso board deems this an inappropriate subject to be posted on fiso, you can remove it wihtout deleting the above useful info at the same time

redcanuck
FISOhead
FS Record: Sky sports Fantasy league Winner 2008-09

Post by redcanuck »

Thanks for the information MoSe, there is certainly a lot to digest. If the other site has been offering it to their members for 5 years, it would be interesting to know if any of them found it useful.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

redcanuck wrote:Thanks for the information MoSe, there is certainly a lot to digest. If the other site has been offering it to their members for 5 years, it would be interesting to know if any of them found it useful.
:D Lets all be honest here, that is the only thing we are concerned with. there could be a guy consulting that damn octopus for his picks but unless it is proven useful I could care less how it is happening. :lol:

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I don't ICT tells you anything the traditional stats don't. Lukaku has higher ICT than Aguero, which proves that it's completely useless.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”