To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Best 6.5mil mid and below Poll EDIT

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Which Mid

Townsend
37%
Shaqiri
6%
Mirallas
12%
Deulofeu
11%
Milner
1%
Wilshere
1%
Bolasie
7%
Cabaye
2%
Bojan
9%
Ibe
8%
Other (please state)
5%

Total votes: 171

Sainsbury
Wideboy

Best 6.5mil mid and below Poll EDIT

Post by Sainsbury »

Take your pick

EDIT: Sorry guys, have remade it to fit under 6.5mil. Apologies to all those who have voted already.
Last edited by Sainsbury on 22 Jul 2016, 06:33, edited 1 time in total.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Re: Best 6mil mid and below Poll

Post by dino1980 »

I like Gradel at 5.5 if he's nailed.

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Best 6mil mid and below Poll

Post by Roope »

I would go for King or Gradel from Bournemouth at 5.5if they look like starters after preseason. King particularly had a good run at the end of last season.

Wilshere/Ox will be rotated a lot, Lennon/Bolasie/Cabaye didn't convince last season. If Bojan is a starter he might be an OK punt.

Or just scrape the extra 0.5 from somewhere and get Townsend?

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Best 6.5mil mid and below Poll EDIT

Post by The Username »

Currently on Snodgrass at 5.5. Plan to rotate that position, seems like good value in the 5.5. bracket Ibe, Gradel, Downing, Puncheon and Phillips based on fixtures and form.

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Post by bulgarche »

I think Bojan is the best pick here. He is playing as a forward and he may be involved in many Stoke goals with the new playing stile.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I've been reading up a fair bit on Feghouli of West Ham

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2 ... -feghouli/

I'll be keeping an eye on the pre-season games to see if he looks like starting consistently. Good opening fixtures (and perhaps more likely to get minutes in the opening games too). The fly in the ointment is Tore (also 5.5) it would seem that one of them will get minutes though, possibly even both (depending on formation), if Antonio does move to right back.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Got Townsend in my team currently. Keeping an eye on the palace striking situation though

Arhaych
FISOhead
FS Record: Voted "Most Suave Fantasy Manager" - 2012/2013

Post by Arhaych »

Mav3rick wrote:I've been reading up a fair bit on Feghouli of West Ham

I'll be keeping an eye on the pre-season games to see if he looks like starting consistently. Good opening fixtures (and perhaps more likely to get minutes in the opening games too). The fly in the ointment is Tore (also 5.5) it would seem that one of them will get minutes though, possibly even both (depending on formation), if Antonio does move to right back.
Lanzini at the Olympics as well, so I think both Feghouli and Tore could start on opposite flanks, with Payet moved into the middle.

00tennis
Treebeard

Post by 00tennis »

Voted tentatively Mirallas....Bojan watchlist(could share mins with Walters, does Berhaino go there etc)-can't see Townsend appeal without Teke. Liked Snoddy(on all 3 SP's) as was great last season after missing big time with injury but Hull just in such disarray can't touch them(they look potential whipping boys). Gradel, however could be this seasons Mahrez...... there's also LEI's Gray who if managed to hold down a 1st X1 position could be GOLD....

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Feghouli better than the list above for me but of course he starts this season as a CK so may be better to play safe and go with Townsend for now.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Looking at the previous seasons stats for Gradel, he does look a genuine option at 5.5. I'd imagine he's pretty nailed on, and I think I could pick him over Bolasie (or anyone else at 6.0).

Townsend is a player who confuses me a bit. Selfish as they come (a good attribute in FPL) and takes lots of shots, but generally a poorer finisher than Gradel. Townsend's number on whoscored say he scores every 535 minutes, with Gradel doubling that rate, but in the weaker FL1.

Added to that is the fact that I don't really think Pardew is a good manager and that Palace and Bournemouth both finished last season with same number of points, wins and draws, but that Bournemouth scored more goals and that Palace only won two games in the second half of the season (!) I'm just not sure that I want to pick a palace player at the price.

Mirallas, Shaquiri, J-Rod and Khazri all appeal (J-Rod and Mirallas the most given their records) but all have doubts to a degree and I'm not sure they are worth the premium over Gradel.

There's certainly another level to be reached at 7.5, but the 6.5 mids might be a little bit underwhelming perhaps?

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

Mirallas scored a free kick against Barnsley and was lively. In the two games so far he's taken all corners from both sides so seems to have displaced Baines in that regard.

I think Mirallas will be a steal at 6.5M.

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

tedbull wrote:Mirallas scored a free kick against Barnsley and was lively. In the two games so far he's taken all corners from both sides so seems to have displaced Baines in that regard.

I think Mirallas will be a steal at 6.5M.
Need to decide between Barkley and Mirallas, I think Barkley will outscore in the long run but his returns tend to be patchy

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Del also played up front, interesting.

00tennis
Treebeard

Post by 00tennis »

The Username wrote:Del also played up front, interesting.
Most likely won't when Lukaku returns though.......but you never know... :o

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I quite like Bojan, and as far as I can remember he's played whenever fit. Some set pieces and averaging a goal around every 250 minutes, seems a snip for 6.0m. I also think Townsend is quite tempting, really deserves a good run in a team and has potential, some worries that he may not play week in week out with Bolasie, Zaha, Sako and Puncheon to compete with.

Ibe could come good, as Bournemouth are pretty attacking, and has 1 goal in 1 appearance for my FPL team. :lol:

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

00tennis wrote:
The Username wrote:Del also played up front, interesting.
Most likely won't when Lukaku returns though.......but you never know... :o
Could be a more Long/Pelle kind of thing.

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

Thought he played pretty well there. Some nicely timed runs and should have scored a hat trick. Can't see it being long term but might be a plan b kind of thing.

Just watched Mirallas' interview and through the patchy English I thought he said that the manager has said he's on set pieces (or words to that effect).

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

No one has mentioned Iwobi at 6.0 mill at Arsenal, he seemed to have Wengers favour in the last 6 or so at the end of last season and pulled in some impressive scores.

Arhaych
FISOhead
FS Record: Voted "Most Suave Fantasy Manager" - 2012/2013

Post by Arhaych »

Nathan Redmond also notched up two goals yesterday...

JohnSteed01
Cheetah

Post by JohnSteed01 »

James Milner is a steady scorer, rotation risk though.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

tedbull wrote:Just watched Mirallas' interview and through the patchy English I thought he said that the manager has said he's on set pieces (or words to that effect).
Only until they sign Mata though.

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

Unlikely to start with him, especially with the fixtures, but will be keeping Henderson on my watchlist.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Arhaych wrote:Nathan Redmond also notched up two goals yesterday...
I'm going for him as well.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Arhaych wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:I've been reading up a fair bit on Feghouli of West Ham

Lanzini at the Olympics as well, so I think both Feghouli and Tore could start on opposite flanks, with Payet moved into the middle.
I've got him (ditched Payet for Mkhitaryan), but if he's not a starter might shift to someone else. Redmond did me quite well last season.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Is anyone else really struggling to be convinced by anyone in this bracket? :?

At 5.5m my most likely contenders are Fegouli and Gradel I think, but both represent punts really. Maybe they'll be some hidden value in Albrighton, or a miscellaneous Boro Mid, but it seems hard to say.

At 6.0 I don't think I'd look anywhere but Bolasie bearing in mind Palace's opening fixtures (especially if they struggle to buy a striker and he might get some game time up top), but I find that a bit of an awkward pricepoint atm. A bit more money than I really want to spend there. Bojan perhaps is an alternative, but I thought he tailed off badly last year and I'm not certain he gets involved enough in the goals for my liking. I don't think we can class Redmond as being regular material yet when he didn't start regularly for Norwich last year - I can't personally see Iwobi being a regular either. :|

I don't really like any of the 6.5m guys at all to be honest - the Everton team seems up in the air, Milner not nailed. Townsend I don't for now see as being worth 0.5m more than Bolasie in that Palace team - then again, if Puncheon proves to be a regular at 5.5m there may be an argument that he trumps them both in value. My real issue I guess is that I don't like any of the 6.5m guys value compared to the 7.5m pricepoint, especially Siggy. That may change if, say, an Everton winger or Jay Rodriguez starts to look nailed, but until then I'll take a lot of convincing to pick anyone at 6.5m. :(

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Stemania wrote:Is anyone else really struggling to be convinced by anyone in this bracket? :?

At 5.5m my most likely contenders are Fegouli and Gradel I think, but both represent punts really. Maybe they'll be some hidden value in Albrighton, or a miscellaneous Boro Mid, but it seems hard to say.

At 6.0 I don't think I'd look anywhere but Bolasie bearing in mind Palace's opening fixtures (especially if they struggle to buy a striker and he might get some game time up top), but I find that a bit of an awkward pricepoint atm. A bit more money than I really want to spend there. Bojan perhaps is an alternative, but I thought he tailed off badly last year and I'm not certain he gets involved enough in the goals for my liking. I don't think we can class Redmond as being regular material yet when he didn't start regularly for Norwich last year - I can't personally see Iwobi being a regular either. :|

I don't really like any of the 6.5m guys at all to be honest - the Everton team seems up in the air, Milner not nailed. Townsend I don't for now see as being worth 0.5m more than Bolasie in that Palace team - then again, if Puncheon proves to be a regular at 5.5m there may be an argument that he trumps them both in value. My real issue I guess is that I don't like any of the 6.5m guys value compared to the 7.5m pricepoint, especially Siggy. That may change if, say, an Everton winger or Jay Rodriguez starts to look nailed, but until then I'll take a lot of convincing to pick anyone at 6.5m. :(
Yep, really struggling. I'm on Townsend now since he did well for me last season and he's expected to score a lot in Palace (and might even be played up front as happened in a recent friendly). The problem is I can't find a way to muster an extra 1m to upgrade my 6.5 mid to a 7.5 (maybe by downgrading a 5.5 defender to a 4.5, but then my def would be 5.5 5.0 and the rest 4.5!).

A punt on a 5.5 is an option, so I'm keeping an eye on the preseason for any surprisers (at the end of last season I was happy with King).

Another rationale for just settling on a 6.5 like Townsend is that you can replace him with some early scorer (i.e. this seasons Mahrez, whoever he'll be) and jump on a bandwagon with that slot when the time comes. I mean it's pretty likely that someone under 6.5m will turn out good early on, right?

Edit: so in other words, maybe the 6.5 mid slot (4th mid for most presumably) shouldn't be stressed too much about since it's a good player to ditch for an early midfielder bandwagon (a dark horse which can't really be identified beforehand anyways). Given that huge masses will jump on an early performing low-priced mid, the least you'll make of it is money. I'd be more cautious of transferring a 9.5 mid to a 'new Mahrez' than Townsend.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

If Gaston Ramirez comes in at 5.5 I may be tempted by him actually, even if not by Boro's attack in general. :)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Ramirez, Feghouli, Gradel or a go on Matt Phillips maybe?

I'm not massively convinced Redmond will play but if he does he'd probably be the one. I have heard that the new Southampton manager doesn't like to play wingers, so if Redmond is playing it's likely to be advanced. I'm sure he'll end up getting rotated though.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Mav3rick wrote: There's certainly another level to be reached at 7.5, but the 6.5 mids might be a little bit underwhelming perhaps?
Stemania wrote:Is anyone else really struggling to be convinced by anyone in this bracket? :?
I agree with that, I'm not excited at all with any of the sub-7.5m mids. It's a mix of CKs and players that have shown in the past that they are inconsistent, hence them being priced this low. In my latest draft I've managed to fit 2 7.5m as my cheapest starting mids and I have to say it looks good and I'm not sure I'll move away from that.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”