To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Paul Pogba

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Paul Pogba

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Absolutely buzzing that he is about to come back to United, but will anyone be considering him for FPL? At what price do you think he'll be?

He should be 8.5/9 due to the position he is going to most likely play, although you can still expect him to chip in with goals and assists, but because of the world record fee, they may be inclined to put him at 10+.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Re: Paul Pogba

Post by DAREEL »

The Real Slim Shady wrote:Absolutely buzzing that he is about to come back to United, but will anyone be considering him for FPL? At what price do you think he'll be?

He should be 8.5/9 due to the position he is going to most likely play, although you can still expect him to chip in with goals and assists, but because of the world record fee, they may be inclined to put him at 10+.
I'm not going as far to say he's overrated simply cos I not seen him in seria a much. But I don't think he's the best fpl asset. Much better options at that price and it's not definitely happening anyway..only site I belive is bbc .once it's on their then it has credibility

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

I don't get the buzz around Pogba. Watched him last season and at the Euros and didn't think he would be break transfer records. In fact, don't think he was the best French mid at the euros. Utd could use the money they are spending on him to buy three world class players.

Arhaych
FISOhead
FS Record: Voted "Most Suave Fantasy Manager" - 2012/2013

Post by Arhaych »

Absolutely buzzing to spend £100m on a player you released for peanuts, hmm.

Payet and Griezmann outshone him at the Euros.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore

Ashers wrote:I don't get the buzz around Pogba. Watched him last season and at the Euros and didn't think he would be break transfer records. In fact, don't think he was the best French mid at the euros. Utd could use the money they are spending on him to buy three world class players.
Like? In this market, you can't but a 'world class' player especially with Utd for anything less than £60m.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

No doubt he's a great player, but we'll overpriced (although that's not his fault if a club want to pay 100m+ for his services)

FPL I would assume 8.5 is reasonable but may go to 9.0 because of hype. Not interested in him personally, he will play in a 2 man central midfield with defensive responsibilities so it's best to go for 1 of the other 2 attacking midfielders (Martial and Micky)

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore

Arhaych wrote:Absolutely buzzing to spend £100m on a player you released for peanuts, hmm.

Payet and Griezmann outshone him at the Euros.
Make enough money so might as well spend it, Juve are asking for the huge some and we want the player, simple. And it's better than it going back into the Glazers' pockets, or him going to Real or Barca, it'll be a good addition to the Premier League also.

We've already got wingers, Payet won't leave WH this summer and Pog fills the position we need.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Last season in Serie A he played 3020 minutes and he had 8 goals, 13 assists, 10 yellow cards. What's that in FPL, about 145-150 points maybe? Scored in a team that is superior to all the other Serie A teams.

So I guess we can all agree he is not going anywhere near 200 points this season? But I think he will probably break 100 points.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I wouldn't pay more than 5.5-6.0 for him tbh, he'll be a holding mid at United.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

gallus wrote:I wouldn't pay more than 5.5-6.0 for him tbh, he'll be a holding mid at United.
I have similar thoughts. Even that might be too much, ideally I'd like to have seven better attacking assets than Man United holding mid, and I'm not sure I want to pay more than 4.5m for a player that I'd never play.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore

He also had the joint top most assists last season and most shots of any midfielder in Serie A.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

It's his impact on other United assets that most interest me. He'll make them a better team. That might increase the appeal of their attacking options.

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

dino1980 wrote:It's his impact on other United assets that most interest me. He'll make them a better team. That might increase the appeal of their attacking options.

Yes this. It firms up Zlatan's place for me alongside Aguero.
Id say price would be no cheaper than Martial, who is at 9.5

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Pogba is unlikely to be a good FPL player (as compared to e.g. Mkhitaryan) and like others I think he will be priced around 9.5. Anything under 9 and he will be hugely popular among the FPL masses, though. He didn't really impress in the Euros either.

But then, even Yaya had his one superb season (he plays in a pretty similar role, right?), so I wouldn't completely write Pogba off like some have.

Innes
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 10,000 in FPL

Post by Innes »

Pogba was priced at 9 if memory serves me right in the mcdonalds fantasy game. Martial was priced highest of the lot also classed as a midfielder. 9-9.5 is my bet.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

I think he'll come in at 10M. I really like him as a player, but not sure he is going to be among the goals that much.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Finisher1 wrote:
gallus wrote:I wouldn't pay more than 5.5-6.0 for him tbh, he'll be a holding mid at United.
I have similar thoughts. Even that might be too much, ideally I'd like to have seven better attacking assets than Man United holding mid, and I'm not sure I want to pay more than 4.5m for a player that I'd never play.
I expect him to get around 140 points so 6.0 seems fair. The thing is that ideally you want all players in your front 7 to average around 5 points while you have them, and I'm not sure a holding mid can do that. Not unless he's on pens and freekicks.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Paul Pogba

Post by Weisenwolf »

So it's £112m for Pogba to Man U

What will his FPL price be and whose place in the first 11 just went south?

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

I think he'll come in at 10M. I don't think I'd have him as he could play a bit more defensive, but his inclusion in the team makes players like Mkhitaryan and Zlatan much more appealing, if they weren't already.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Should be £8.5. £7.0 would be more fair but I expect all the hype around him and the transfer itself to reflect on the price. By the way, its a double record: biggest price and also most overpriced transfer of all time.
Last edited by Le Red on 29 Jul 2016, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

I wonder where he plays in the field and what kind of role. I'd say his strengths are in attacking role.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Mourinho has said he'll play Rooney 'as a 9 or 10', so with Ibra there too Pogba is surely going to be relegated to one of the CM roles you'd think. Presumably he'll be allowed to get forward in a Yaya type way.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

a fantastic player, but not sure he'll be a great fantasy pick, what he will do though is make other United players more attractive.

his power and ability to dominate will help the defence but he's still creative enough to benefit the likes of Ibra and Martial etc

he's overpriced at 100m or whatever it will be but United have had a gaping hole in their centre midfield for years, he's just the type of player they need.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stemania wrote:Mourinho has said he'll play Rooney 'as a 9 or 10', so with Ibra there too Pogba is surely going to be relegated to one of the CM roles you'd think. Presumably he'll be allowed to get forward in a Yaya type way.
Yes I would think so. If it's a 4-2-3-1 setup, then it's probably Schneiderlin at the base of midfield as first-choice DM? Pogba alongside him with a mixture of defensive and attacking responsibilities, perhaps with licence to roam but this being a Mourinho team I'm sure he'll want to see a fair amount of disciplined defensive work from him too. Mkhitaryan and Martial out wide with Rooney in the hole behind Zlatan. That would be my guess.

I'm guessing he comes in at £9.0m, although I agree with those on here who feel that at that price or higher he'll be overpriced. One to avoid for all but the most ardent fanboys.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Stemania wrote: Presumably he'll be allowed to get forward in a Yaya type way.
I was just about to post a prediction that his play this season will split the forum in exactly the way Yaya did a couple of seasons ago.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:I'm guessing he comes in at £9.0m, although I agree with those on here who feel that at that price or higher he'll be overpriced. One to avoid for all but the most ardent fanboys.
I know that you and I started with Hazard that season, but I'm sure that Fàbregas was 9.0m in 14/15 and was part of the template despite playing at centre midfield, indeed many made a point of saying they didn't think he would be too deep.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

The thing with Pogba is that unlike Yaya, Fabregas, Gerrard or Lampard I don't think he'll have free kicks and pens to boost his FPL potential

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

At 8.5m I'd definitely consider him. 9m would be a fair price IMO (Fabregas was 9m couple of years ago and also played deep), but I don't think I'd pick him. 9.5m or more would be too much.
Last edited by JoonaR16 on 30 Jul 2016, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Will Pogba really take no free kicks? And the thing he has over most of those is that he's a real aerial threat so he might not be taking the corners or indirect FKs but he could be heading them in.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

He's doubtful to be on any set pieces and will sit deep, and as good as he is in the air Ibra is 6'5

Can't even see him out scoring Fabregas this year

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”