To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Best MID £7.5m or less?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Best MID £7.5m or less?

Fab
10%
Ayew
10%
Tadic
19%
Lamela
5%
Willian
1%
Arnautovic
1%
Siggy
38%
Townsend
2%
Bolasie
No votes
Antonio
2%
Noble
No votes
Cabaye
No votes
OTHER
12%

Total votes: 106

00tennis
Treebeard

Best MID £7.5m or less?

Post by 00tennis »

Bit early I know, without seeing who will play where, AM etc, but just early thoughts......

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Best MID £7.5m or less?

Post by Mav3rick »

I've got Cazorla in my team in that slot right now. It's a bit of a punt, but I like the idea of a set piece taking penalty taker, and I assume he will get a good share of both and play in the double pivot.

Good options in the range though and Mata would probably be my choice if he moves to Everton.

I've also got my eye on Bolasie as the 4th midfielder, although I'm struggling to pick between a striker or midfielder (or even an additional 5.5 defender) in that 6-6.5 price slot.

wiseowl65
FISOhead

Post by wiseowl65 »

Voted for Fabregas but only if he plays a more advanced role which i think he might well do with the arrival of Kante, also like the price of Sigurdsson and Tadic.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I have Tadic and Townsend from that list currently. Ayew/Siggy/Lamela could all be gold too though and are well in my thinking. I also like the Cazorla shout, but I'm not convinced he is nailed. Could edge his way toward the front of the queue if he is.

00tennis
Treebeard

Post by 00tennis »

Yeah it's pretty close between many Lamela(where exactly will he play) Ayew(as good as another striker) Siggy(Mr Consistant just edges it over Ayew, however...will he start or have a game or so rest after ICE's Euro exertions haha) Tadic(although SOT lost many key influences, can he mop up the pts in the false #9 role etc or will Austin steal the pens-not convinced SOT will be any good this season, losing Koeman/Mane etc pretty huge imo). Will FAB be allowed to play further forward with the assurance of Kante now 'holding' - could be a bargain perhaps, as he couldn't really be arsed last season-or is he just not an attacking enough MID player to rack up the pts in fpl. Will Willian continue good form from end last season and bomb down the wings and pick up good pts or will Conte see him more of a DM........CRY picks ala Townsend/Bolasie/Cabaye prob all depend on a Teke arrival....Antonio I'm hearing could well end up as RB according to Bilic, could just be all hearsay but it does put me off him....CAZOROLA could pay off but a risk in my book.....

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

I currently have three 7.5m midfielders: Fabregas, Ayew (if he'll be the main striker when season starts, otherwise probably SIggy) and Tadic.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Mav3rick wrote:I've got Cazorla in my team in that slot right now. It's a bit of a punt, but I like the idea of a set piece taking penalty taker, and I assume he will get a good share of both and play in the double pivot.

Good options in the range though and Mata would probably be my choice if he moves to Everton.

I've also got my eye on Bolasie as the 4th midfielder, although I'm struggling to pick between a striker or midfielder (or even an additional 5.5 defender) in that 6-6.5 price slot.
Done get the Bolasie love. Lot of people mentioning him. Am I missing somthing

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Bojan could be a great punt. Esp if he on pens

00tennis
Treebeard

Post by 00tennis »

DAREEL wrote:Bojan could be a great punt. Esp if he on pens
Not sure if he'll share minutes with Walters, will Berahino go to the Britannia....defo a watchlist...

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

I'll be eyeing J Rod like a hawk.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

silversurfer19
Treebeard

Post by silversurfer19 »

Since Mourinho seems to have slammed the door shuton Mata, Everton have taken an interest in Siggurdson. Would potentially make him an even more valuable player given his possible assist potential for Lukaku. Does make you question Barkley's role though and potential points.

Canikickit
Treebeard

Post by Canikickit »

No barkley?

jmmufc2
Red & Blue Braces

Post by jmmufc2 »

Cazorla or barkley

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Fabregas, Sigurdsson and Tadić are fpl monsters when they play in the hole, so I'll probably start the season with all of them if that is where they'll play.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I currently have Allen, Rodriguez and Ibe costing less than 7.5m. There's too much uncertainty about transfers to be sure about many of them.

00tennis
Treebeard

Post by 00tennis »

Canikickit wrote:No barkley?
He scored OK last season but just 'no much love' for Barkley + Siggy hearsay + Koeman & Walsh in their now can see them liking Mirallas more & more + Delefoue. He seems to score in hot/cold phases but then so does Lukaku but Luk usually always solid season end pts....

00tennis
Treebeard

Post by 00tennis »

gallus wrote:Fabregas, Sigurdsson and Tadić are fpl monsters when they play in the hole, so I'll probably start the season with all of them if that is where they'll play.
like.....''IF''

00tennis
Treebeard

Post by 00tennis »

DAREEL wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:I've got Cazorla in my team in that slot right now. It's a bit of a punt, but I like the idea of a set piece taking penalty taker, and I assume he will get a good share of both and play in the double pivot.

Done get the Bolasie love. Lot of people mentioning him. Am I missing somthing
Not sure you are.....better options

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Siggy currently but have to go with Cesc if Conte adjusts to push him forward. He is just as threatening as Siggy in open play and on set pieces but has a better cast around him to get additional assist points I would think.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

ctibbits wrote:Siggy currently but have to go with Cesc if Conte adjusts to push him forward. He is just as threatening as Siggy in open play and on set pieces but has a better cast around him to get additional assist points I would think.
Agree with this. Have Gylfi and Cesc in my current draft. Loving the fact that I can have both of them for just £15m.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
ctibbits wrote:Siggy currently but have to go with Cesc if Conte adjusts to push him forward. He is just as threatening as Siggy in open play and on set pieces but has a better cast around him to get additional assist points I would think.
Agree with this. Have Gylfi and Cesc in my current draft. Loving the fact that I can have both of them for just £15m.
And Tadic and Cazorla for another 15!

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

gallus wrote:And Tadic and Cazorla for another 15!
Yes, so many good options! I might just go with an entire midfield of 7.5s! :lol:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

There are a lot of good 7.5 options, I think I still like one super premium, one premium, and then one (maybe two) 7.5s, but the balance is down to the second striker in the most part. The difference between an Ibrahimovic, Kane, Lukaku or lower makes the 4th midfield spot (or breaks it!). I can possibly see myself starting the season with a couple of 7.5 and cash in the bank for an upgrade.

A good start for spurs will have people rushing to focus funds on slightly more expensive mids/strikers, so I'm wary of not spreading the funds out too evenly.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:There are a lot of good 7.5 options, I think I still like one super premium, one premium, and then one (maybe two) 7.5s, but the balance is down to the second striker in the most part. The difference between an Ibrahimovic, Kane, Lukaku or lower makes the 4th midfield spot (or breaks it!). I can possibly see myself starting the season with a couple of 7.5 and cash in the bank for an upgrade.

A good start for spurs will have people rushing to focus funds on slightly more expensive mids/strikers, so I'm wary of not spreading the funds out too evenly.
Similar set up to me, really,

10.5/9.5/7.5/6.5/4.5
13/9/6.5

Possibly minor tweaks up or down a price point here and there, but think that's probably the most flexible and adaptable way to go generally.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Notned wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:There are a lot of good 7.5 options, I think I still like one super premium, one premium, and then one (maybe two) 7.5s, but the balance is down to the second striker in the most part. The difference between an Ibrahimovic, Kane, Lukaku or lower makes the 4th midfield spot (or breaks it!). I can possibly see myself starting the season with a couple of 7.5 and cash in the bank for an upgrade.

10.5/9.5/7.5/6.5/4.5
13/9/6.5

Possibly minor tweaks up or down a price point here and there, but think that's probably the most flexible and adaptable way to go generally.
I guess that's the way to go if you want 2 premium mids. I'm set on:

9/7.5/7.5/7.5/4.5
13/11.5/6.5

Unless it looks like Ibra won't start, but I'm sure he will.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

gallus wrote:
Notned wrote:

10.5/9.5/7.5/6.5/4.5
13/9/6.5

I guess that's the way to go if you want 2 premium mids. I'm set on:

9/7.5/7.5/7.5/4.5
13/11.5/6.5

Unless it looks like Ibra won't start, but I'm sure he will.
Yeah both viable routes mate. Guess it's essentially whether you prefer a second premium mid or second premium striker. I guess an example would be something like KDB or Hazard/Lukaku vs Fabregas/Ibra.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

gallus wrote:Unless it looks like Ibra won't start, but I'm sure he will.
See I think that's my main roadblock at the moment. I need someone to put their hand up to claim my second striker spot, I've had it on everyone from Benteke up to Kane so far :mrgreen: Once I know what I want to spend then I'll be set. I'd picked Lukaku to begin with and he's still my favoured "cheaper" option, although I'm tempted by whoever the Chelsea striker looks like being.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I love Kane. Kane is the man. But we've bought Janssen now and I can't see Poch going 442. So its Cup games and more FPL concerningly, on for Kane at 60 robbing him of precious minutes...

CarlosTheFinger
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: William Hill Chiswick branch Euro 2008 league winner

Post by CarlosTheFinger »

Any more fresh discussion on 7.5 midfielders given recent transfers?

I have Tadic and Sigurðsson currently but giving serious consideration to replacing the latter with either Ayew (will he play up front for West Ham?) or if fit, Arnautovic (will be play up front for Stoke?).

I've discounted the others because I've either got strikers from their teams already or they're not certain to start.

CupidStunt000
FISOhead

Post by CupidStunt000 »

Yeah, I've been planning on Sigurdsson and Tadic as my 3rd and 4th mids. The problem now is that I think the money can be better spent defensively for the first few games, so I'm thinking of downgrading Tadic to Townsend and spending the 1m elsewhere or downgrading even further to Drinkwater and spending the extra 2m on upgrading elsewhere in defence.

I know that previously overspending in defence isn't an optimal tactic but due to the low prices of solid defenders this season, when a single downgrade for your fourth mid from Tadic to Drinkwater allows upgrades of eg:

Evans 4.5 (WBA) - Friend 4.5 (Mid) - Kone 4.5 (Sun)

To

Williams 5.0 (Eve) - Stones 5.0 (Man C) - Valencia 5.5 (Man U)

Surely that 2m is better spent in defence this season?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”