To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Both Aguero & Zlatan in your Squad?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Can you justify having both Aguero & Zlatan in your GW1 squad?

Poll ended at 31 Jul 2016, 12:20

Yes - both essential.
33%
No - too unbalanced. Just pick one (obviously Aguero).
66%
Neither in my team. Nor have I taken my meds this week.
1%

Total votes: 80

Huge Lion
Treebeard

Both Aguero & Zlatan in your Squad?

Post by Huge Lion »

£24.5m of your £100m budget for just 2 players!

I'm going with the Kun + £9m + £6.5m structure up front that I've seen in a few other RMTs.

Please clarify / justify your opinion below.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Both Aguero & Zlatan in your Squad?

Post by S_sutton87 »

Huge Lion wrote:£24.5m of your £100m budget for just 2 players!

I'm going with the Kun + £9m + £6.5m structure up front that I've seen in a few other RMTs.

Please clarify / justify your opinion below.
Im doing the same can't spend nearly a quarter of my budget on 2 players don't to weaken the rest of my team either

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Both Aguero & Zlatan in your Squad?

Post by maradonash »

With regard to the huge chunk of budget that it takes up, that in and of itself, doesn't worry me.
This tactic worked perfectly well a few years ago (09/10?) when Drogba and Rooney were firing on all cylinders.

They have 100% H/A rotation so could present a very simple, alternating strategy for Captain.

But this is all on the assumption that Zlat is to become the FPL points monster he would have been in the French and Italian leagues.
I think someone else has drawn a fair comparison with the arrival of Shevchenko for Chelsea a few years back and we know how that turned out.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Both. Unless you pick Sanchez or KDB it's easy to fit them both in. If Ibra plays poorly I can always sell him for literary any player I want.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Both for me at the moment anyway. Not having Aguero is just frightening given the chances of a Pep team playing well and creating lots of goals. Ibra is less nailed on for me but whatever you think of him, he's a winner and has proven himself in many top leagues, not just Ukraine/Italy for the Sheva reference.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Two big hitters isn't too hard to accommodate, so really it's a bit of a choice between which of the other super premiums you want alongside Aguero. At the moment, I'm on a super premium mid, because I'd rather think about switching between KDB, Hazard and Sanchez as needed. With Ibrahimovic, it's harder to do that.

I haven't really tried three super premiums yet, I think it would be possible with perhaps a 5.5 fourth mid and a an extra 0.5-1.0 cut from defence or the third striker, but I'm not sure that I fancy Ibrahimovic yet so it's really something I've been overly tempted by.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

gallus wrote:Both. Unless you pick Sanchez or KDB it's easy to fit them both in. If Ibra plays poorly I can always sell him for literary any player I want.
scratch that, it's easy evev with KDB. It's like all mids are underpriced by 1.0 this year.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

gallus wrote:
gallus wrote:Both. Unless you pick Sanchez or KDB it's easy to fit them both in. If Ibra plays poorly I can always sell him for literary any player I want.
scratch that, it's easy evev with KDB. It's like all mids are underpriced by 1.0 this year.
I've been thinking it feels easy to pick a team too. I don't think the prices have changed much, I think it's just our initial biases are making it seem very simple.

Glenjamin
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: average

Post by Glenjamin »

Haven't went for zlatan although I could have him as I have .5 banked, but have went with kane and aguero instead.. the range of 4.5 defenders is a massive help. still have martial, willian, siggy and payet in midefield aswell.

MOBIUS
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 2005-06 52nd. 2013-14 117th

Post by MOBIUS »

going with Aguero and Kane

acruxen
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 14/15: 1078

Post by acruxen »

Is Ibra pen taker?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

The trouble with Ibrahimovic is that at his price, you'd really want to captain him but I'm not sure I like the first 5 games enough to captain him in any of them. At the moment I'm looking toward Aguero, Hazard and Payet to provide me with armband options over the first 5 games - SUN, BOU, BUR, WAT, BOU.

As Finisher1 is fond of saying, the early wildcard is likely anyway, and probably within that time frame, I'm just not sure that I'd captain Ibrahimovic in that time, and can always address it with the wildcard.

Someone convince me that I need to consider Ibrahimovic more? :mrgreen:

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

On Kane and Ibra.

How certain are we that they will start, Janssen looks a very good player whom Spurs have just signed, in previous seasons Kane was a set and forget, maybe not so this.

Ibra seems to have Rooney, Rashford, Martial to contend with i know each of those could play in other positions but you would think at 36 he will be in some way subbed or rotated at times, especially coming from a slower paced French League.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Mav3rick wrote:The trouble with Ibrahimovic is that at his price, you'd really want to captain him but I'm not sure I like the first 5 games enough to captain him in any of them. At the moment I'm looking toward Aguero, Hazard and Payet to provide me with armband options over the first 5 games - SUN, BOU, BUR, WAT, BOU.

As Finisher1 is fond of saying, the early wildcard is likely anyway, and probably within that time frame, I'm just not sure that I'd captain Ibrahimovic in that time, and can always address it with the wildcard.

Here's my thinking - it all comes down to how good you think Ibra is. Forget about who you're going to captain, if you think he's still a great player and a good fit with United you should get him. If you don't think he's that good anymore then don't get him.

I think he's still a great player, and I think he'll do well. So I'd be very angry with myself if I didn't pick him because I might not captain him and he went on to score a brace.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

At the moment, I have got both in my team. It still allows for two premium midfielders and a reasonably balanced team. However, depending on how the pre-season goes along, I might downgrade Ibra to a cheaper striker and get a third premium midfielder. I have to admit, it looks good for the first 5 or 6 games, but at some stage I will probably use my wildcard.

What worries me about Kun at the moment is that he might be subbed early in several matches to give game time to Iheanacho. This might happen when the Champions League starts. For 13m I would want a good return.

maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Post by maradonash »

The Username wrote:On Kane and Ibra.

How certain are we that they will start, Janssen looks a very good player whom Spurs have just signed, in previous seasons Kane was a set and forget, maybe not so this.

Ibra seems to have Rooney, Rashford, Martial to contend with i know each of those could play in other positions but you would think at 36 he will be in some way subbed or rotated at times, especially coming from a slower paced French League.
Given that Utd are only in the Europa, I expect Ibra to start EVERY PL match....at least for the first half of the season.
Being subbed off in games that are considered won is more probable...but it's not like he ever over-exerts himself.

With Spurs back in the UCL, maybe Kane could possibly be benched for some PL games before/after... but surely he's still Poch's number 1 guy?

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

Both.
Its easier to crowbar him in now and possibly have buyers remorse and trade down, than if he goes berzerk and rises by 0.1 (effectively 0.5 in the early part of the game).

Arhaych
FISOhead
FS Record: Voted "Most Suave Fantasy Manager" - 2012/2013

Post by Arhaych »

I'll be taking just Aguero unless something radical happens in pre-season.

I like having two big hitters in my midfield, so I can't accommodate both that and Kun & Ibra.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Current draft include both, and Hazard actually. Alot of good options between 7.0-9.0 in midfield. And as i understand it both Sanchez and KDB is, at best, unsure for start of season.

Never been fond of spendig much in defence/keepers, and with a likely early WC it's something I really consider. At least atm

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Just Aguero for me. Not convinced Zlatan will be as big a success as most seem to think, and I prefer the balance of a 13/9/6.5 front line.

As Mav posted above, I much prefer a super premium mid, and also fancy a similar idea of rotating that spot between whichever one of KDB/Hazard/Sanchez looks best at any given time.

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Voted for Aguero only, but current draft has both. I'm thinking it'll be easier to get rid than pencil him in. Monitoring preseason though, obviously. He has a pretty good set of early fixtures, so avoiding him is risky business. Actually even if I have both my team still looks quite balanced, the amount of good 7.5 mids helps out quite a bit.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

He's not in the squad for China so he may just have 3 games (Everton, Galatasaray, Leicester) before the opener.

Aguero's deffo in, Ibra too atm, but tinkering will be done probably.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Mav3rick wrote:The trouble with Ibrahimovic is that at his price, you'd really want to captain him but I'm not sure I like the first 5 games enough to captain him in any of them. At the moment I'm looking toward Aguero, Hazard and Payet to provide me with armband options over the first 5 games - SUN, BOU, BUR, WAT, BOU.

I can't I'm afraid, as per the essentials thread, the above mirror my thoughts re: captains.

Perhaps if we get word that Payet will miss games due to the Euros then that could change things.

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Post by bulgarche »

I'll start with Aguero + Zlatan + Kane

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I'm also starting without Ibrahimovic because I think he is not a good choice for an optimal team in GW1-GW3. But I can see a huge bandwagon starting if he does something in the first gameweeks. If he becomes a season keeper, you want to have him at 11.0m, you don't want to pay anything more for a player that might be in your team for the whole season. And the thing is it's very difficult to transfer him in without playing a wildcard. That's why I already think Ibrahimovic is probably the most likely bandwagon to trigger my early wildcard.

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

In my current draft, I have a pretty unbalanced team, but I think it`s easyer to trade down from Ibra to f.ex Lukaku/Batshit/Kane, than prying him in later.

My Squad atm

5,5/4,0
4,0/4,5/4,5/4,5/5,5
10,0/8,5/7,5/6,0/4,5
13,0/11,5/6,5

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

bulgarche wrote:I'll start with Aguero + Zlatan + Kane
Woah! How does your defence look this season, Bulgarche?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Hihi :P

I have both as well to start with, alongside Berahino.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

I have both, plus KDB and Payet.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Im not so sure he will start the season, hes still on holiday isnt he, while UTD preseason started 2 weeks ago, i guess we have the charity sheild to have a look. He has a better starting fixture then Kane but Kane has better ones from GW 2 onwards.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”