To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Both Aguero & Zlatan in your Squad?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Can you justify having both Aguero & Zlatan in your GW1 squad?

Poll ended at 31 Jul 2016, 12:20

Yes - both essential.
33%
No - too unbalanced. Just pick one (obviously Aguero).
66%
Neither in my team. Nor have I taken my meds this week.
1%

Total votes: 80

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Re: Both Aguero & Zlatan in your Squad?

Post by bulgarche »

MPTree wrote:
bulgarche wrote:I'll start with Aguero + Zlatan + Kane
Woah! How does your defence look this season, Bulgarche?
Solid as rock! You will see soon :)))

bristolciteh
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Somewhat absymal.

Post by bristolciteh »

I've got both to start alongside Andre Gray. Midfield is KDB, Mkhitaryan, Ozil - defence is pants :lol:

jipouille
Wideboy

Post by jipouille »

It is possible that Zlatan will flop, and it is possible that Aguero is going to slow down.... however, given the stats of the former (unbelievable in Paris), and the record in the PL of the latter, I think the risk is not too own the pair...

the question is, shall I wait for an early wildcard (their prices will be slow to change due to high ownership, right?) and try a more balanced team to start with including the likes of players that will rise in value much quicker if they perform?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Not sure yet, need to see a few more pre-season games but they are both genuine world class talents (Ibra obviously not "proven" in the PL) and the worry is it's always much harder to try and bring in the higher value players than it is to ship them out.

If you go without one (or both! :shock: ) and then need to bring them in it could take some re-jigging of your squad. If you start them and they get injured or don't catch fire it's very easy to swap them for any other player.

Think Kane also has to be included in the debate, he's a superb player who is guaranteed goals and points. Absolutely vital to Spurs and I can't see him suddenly getting reduced minutes. He's on penalties, takes some free kicks, the focal point of all attacks, 20+ goals nailed on unless injured.

All three have decent fixtures (Kane not the 1st game) and as things stand I think I will be having two of the three (and I have played around with having all of them!)

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Gambit wrote:
All three have decent fixtures (Kane not the 1st game) and as things stand I think I will be having two of the three (and I have played around with having all of them!)
It's definitely possible to have all 3, but that's something to consider for the wildcard, not before. You'll need 2 enablers in midfield so it's best to wait and see who these enablers can be.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

gallus wrote:
Gambit wrote:
It's definitely possible to have all 3, but that's something to consider for the wildcard, not before. You'll need 2 enablers in midfield so it's best to wait and see who these enablers can be.
what about for people who don't like the early wildcard?

would be very surprised if I start with all three but I don't think it's a wildcard only strategy.

you are right to say enablers will emerge, so surely you can start with all three (if that is what you want to do) and then simply transfer in the correct two enablers to replace the two you picked (assuming you picked wrong in the first place).

the solid cheap options in defence, and potentially standout midfielders for bargain prices make Kane/Ibrahimovic/Aguero a genuine GW1 strategy.

JohnSteed01
Cheetah

Post by JohnSteed01 »

Both have good fixtures for their first three fixtures until the international break. Could be worth the risk to fit them in both from the start.

acruxen
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 14/15: 1078

Post by acruxen »

Harry Kane will have Moussa Dembele missing for the first few fixtures - his performances have always been poor when Dembele doesn't play.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

which would you choose Ibra + Willian or Costa + Mkhitaryan

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

fred1266 wrote:which would you choose Ibra + Willian or Costa + Mkhitaryan
I'm probably going with the latter.

Actually I'm very tempted by Ibra and Mkhitaryan but feels like too many eggs in the one basket early doors especially as we don't know how Mourinho/Man Utd will work.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:

Actually I'm very tempted by Ibra and Mkhitaryan but feels like too many eggs in the one basket early doors especially as we don't know how Mourinho/Man Utd will work.
yea i find Cost + Mkhit is much better

the only way Ibra + Mkhitaryan works if Ibra Outscores Kun

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:

also tempted by Ibra and Mkhitaryan, think they will both do really well and be key players for Mourinho, not concerned they are from one team as if they both score big it shouldn't really matter - Kane/Alli was a great double up last year and Aguero/KDB likewise at times, also Vardy/Mahrez too.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”