To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2016-17

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2016-17

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

tarkens wrote:Remy apparently joining Crystal Palace, 6.4 in FPL could be a good replacement if FA decide to ban Gray :D
Paulista wrote:And West Ham want Bony, 7.4 in FPL, same price as Benteke.
Just imagine how much of a saving that is on a 11.5m striker you won't captain... :?

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:
tarkens wrote:Remy apparently joining Crystal Palace, 6.4 in FPL could be a good replacement if FA decide to ban Gray :D
Just imagine how much of a saving that is on a 11.5m striker you won't captain... :?
I think more and more people are willing to give Ibra a chance with the armband though. I prefer to wait for a bigger sample size of how City/Aguero perform away and how United/Ibra perform at home. Armband rotation between the two has the potential to be very profitable.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Certainly, Im expecting many will trust Zlatan with the band. I think it could well be frustrating as well as profitable, chosing between attacking players often is.
Last edited by Carlos Kickaball on 24 Aug 2016, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Daryl Janmaat to Watford, confirmed.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Certainly, Im expecting many will trust Zlatan with the band. I think it could well be frustrating as well as profitable, chosing between attacking players often is.
I'm sure you still remember well that one famous gameweek in the season 2014-15, when Kane scored a hattrick and Aguero did nothing? :lol:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:Just imagine how much of a saving that is on a 11.5m striker you won't captain... :?
Oh, you mean 11.7m? ;)

Except for us who jumped on the bandwagon to raise team value! :lol:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:
Definitely. Post wildcard I'm still not ruling out a longer term run without Ibrahimovic, with someone like Lukaku in his spot and an extra Payet or Mikki type in the middle. I still feel that balances better, especially with a more expensive Benteke in slot 3.

It's easy to look at two GWs and make a rushed conclusion, especially when few of the expensive midfielders are playing, much less returning, but I have doubts about running with midfields containing two cheaper picks.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote: Definitely. Post wildcard I'm still not ruling out a longer term run without Ibrahimovic, with someone like Lukaku in his spot and an extra Payet or Mikki type in the middle. I still feel that balances better, especially with a more expensive Benteke in slot 3.

It's easy to look at two GWs and make a rushed conclusion, especially when few of the expensive midfielders are playing, much less returning, but I have doubts about running with midfields containing two cheaper picks.
So did you also jump on the Ibra bandwagon for now?

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

[
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -loic-remy

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

George Friend went off injured for Boro in the 93rd minute thought to be muscle strain

Number 29 Accrington

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

jeez

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Bob Newhart wrote:[
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -loic-remy
And Citeh could need Bony after IanNacho(sp) looked to have become ham strung.

CarlosTheFinger
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: William Hill Chiswick branch Euro 2008 league winner

Post by CarlosTheFinger »

Easily the best I've ever seen live at a game: https://youtu.be/oP3jbpcCo2E

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

CarlosTheFinger wrote:Easily the best I've ever seen live at a game: https://youtu.be/oP3jbpcCo2E
You should have been here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im_sME-zlQA

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

City and Barca through, BM third but by far the toughest draw for City.

Good for the Gunners, Spurs and Leicester though, all should progress.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

And another season without Group G providing the winners looks on the cards.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

blahblah wrote:And another season without Group G providing the winners looks on the cards.
odds?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2016-17

blahblah wrote:And another season without Group G providing the winners looks on the cards.
That's an amazing draw for Leicester could hardly have been easier - even with the proviso they're are no easy teams etc - may find the champions league group stages far easier than the premier league this season - may top that group and have a decent chance of the quarters.

Think City likely to progress the furthest despite yet again managing to draw by far and away the toughest group.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep to Leicester, and may make it easier for them to buy a player or two before Weds?

The problem for Citeh is that they will\should get a Group winner in the first KO round....

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

blahblah wrote:Yep to Leicester, and may make it easier for them to buy a player or two before Weds?

The problem for Citeh is that they will\should get a Group winner in the first KO round....
But not Barca, i think they have a chance against either Bayern, Atletico or Real and should beat anyone else.

More importantly they have a much better chance of actually winning it than Spurs or Arsenal as they're much stronger than the other English teams.

(I don't rate Leicester's chances of progressing much further once they qualify and meet a tougher opponent, although this may not be until the quarters given the draw they've had)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I hadn't thought of it that way, but I'm not convinced about their defence and this Sweeper\Keeper idea (certainly in the Prem).

Can they get Leicester (assuming they win G) or is that not until the 2nd Round?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

stop dreaming guys, Porto is winning group G

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I think WHam need some pretty flowers between the pitch and the crowd.

That astroturf stuff looks so wrong, especially as the green doesn't match the grass.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

blahblah wrote:I hadn't thought of it that way, but I'm not convinced about their defence and this Sweeper\Keeper idea (certainly in the Prem).

Can they get Leicester (assuming they win G) or is that not until the 2nd Round?
Not until the quarters, I think Pep was such a good coach at Barcelona (although I don't think he did particularly well with Bayern), that he should have his personnel all sorted and after two windows have his players bedded into his way of playing before the knockout rounds.

His teams have good enough players to be able to play the possession game properly and this should help City have a better defensive record. His teams' (well really Bayern) have however come badly unstuck against quick counter attacking opposition in the Champions League before now, notably losing to Real 5-0 on aggregate in his first season with Bayern.

His record in the Champions League with the Germans, having inherited the then champions, was particularly unimpressive as he followed this ignominious hammering with a heavy defeat to Barca the following year, and then finally Atletico were their conquerors in his third season.

Pep will be hoping City's story will be a continuation of the success he enjoyed at Barca rather the more mixed path he took with Bayern.
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 25 Aug 2016, 21:01, edited 2 times in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

They have looked very flaky at the back in the Prem, and the Sweeper Keeper could be highly entertaining, where opponents will have fast forwards chasing everything. Then there is the usual season of adjustment - remember how bad de Gea was?

WHam could be lacking too many key players to exploit it this weekend, and need to buy and get Payet et al back on the pitch.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

n92DJ20js!jx wrote:Lucas Perez any good?
https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/stat ... 2529204224
he had a TOTS in Fifa so he had a good Season

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

blahblah wrote:They have looked very flaky at the back in the Prem, and the Sweeper Keeper could be highly entertaining, where opponents will have fast forwards chasing everything. Then there is the usual season of adjustment - remember how bad de Gea was?

WHam could be lacking too many key players to exploit it this weekend, and need to buy and get Payet et al back on the pitch.
De Gea was only 20 when he first joined United, whereas Bravo is 33 with a couple of La Liga and Copa America titles, and appearances in team of the seasons, to his name. Plus a nice free-kick ( :shock: ) from his time at Sociedad.

I don't think his period of adjustment will be quite as long.

I do agree City have looked questionable in defence, but his experience should help rather than hinder it imo.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Hammers doing it again, looking like losing a Europa qualifier, seemed a pretty weak team he fielded too with a sprinkling of squad players in.

I suppose Bilic will point to the successful season he had last year after doing likewise.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Payet, Lanzini and Carrol are injured - and Noble, allegedly.

But yep same poor side knocking them out again....

He should have started Fletcher, I've been impressed with the (ex MU) kid.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”