To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2016-17

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2016-17

Post by TheoRiginal »

Weisenwolf wrote:
TheoRiginal wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:My front 7 are Aguero/Hazard/Lukaku & Sanchez/Sterling/Walcott/Allen. If someone had suggested I would get an assist and six blanks I would have laughed at them :lol:

Jokes on me I guess :mrgreen:

Problem now is that half my team are going to shed owners like rats leaving a sinking ship. TV doomed whatever I do I guess.

Still I doubt I'm alone :?
Alone in not noticing that Hazard scored perhaps . . .
Oops typo that's Costa; mind was on Hazard :lol:

Why am I laughing :roll:
Because you have worked out that Costa is probably going to get his fifth yellow in the midweek game and miss next weekend at Southampton?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

hayesag wrote:
MoSe wrote:
MoSe wrote:Kante scores? :shock:
And here went last azpi bonus... ManU conceding faster that I can post one :roll:
Darn, now Azpi is 1BPS short from getting 1Bp, and 3 from 2Bp

I'd need those 2p to draw my 5AS match vs F4C....
Will have to cling to faint hopes waiting for the rejig
give it up m0Se is's over :roll:

like 95% of fpl managers will do, its a write off, down as a bad bad god awful never to be spoken about again week :lol:
argh!
Hazard lost 6BPS on the rejig, but Cahill only 1, so Azpi will get 1Bp and F4C will have me beat by the smallest margin in 5AS
Ah, Eagles ! :x
Thinking he was all-out with just 9p to defend from my Kun :roll: + Azpi....
I might say that Kun's yc denied me a draw there :x

Re the gw: still above top 10k avg, and should get another small green arrow
And should have grabbed Fiso Cup qualification
Not exciting, but not a bad gw to just write off either

The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Post by The Don »

Finisher1 wrote:Man United is a piss poor club. Spend the most money and they are still shit every season.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Finisher1 wrote:Man United is a piss poor club. Spend the most money and they are still shit every season.
Getting harder each week to argue this.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

TheoRiginal wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
TheoRiginal wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:My front 7 are Aguero/Hazard/Lukaku & Sanchez/Sterling/Walcott/Allen. If someone had suggested I would get an assist and six blanks I would have laughed at them :lol:

Jokes on me I guess :mrgreen:

Problem now is that half my team are going to shed owners like rats leaving a sinking ship. TV doomed whatever I do I guess.

Still I doubt I'm alone :?
Alone in not noticing that Hazard scored perhaps . . .
Oops typo that's Costa; mind was on Hazard :lol:

Why am I laughing :roll:
Because you have worked out that Costa is probably going to get his fifth yellow in the midweek game and miss next weekend at Southampton?
But would I notice?

He was there this week, Chelsea got 4 and he wasn't involved in any of them. I should have played Kingsley :D

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

I didn't realise that Chelsea's League Cup match is against West Ham, fierce rivals and the atmosphere is going to be hot even for the Mickey mouse cup, then today he must have been instructed to not get booked to avoid missing that match.

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

Post by Payet »

Italian TV stations report that Mourinho said to Conte something like:

"Congrats on the win, but don't do that. If you do it on 1:0 it's okay, but on 4:0 it's a humiliation of me and of my team"

This was in regard of Conte asking the crowd to make some noise at the moment Chelsea had some passing game at 4:0. The crowd started yelling which made United fans also trying to be louder. Interesting scene, but it looks to me like Mourinho has right.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Payet wrote:Italian TV stations report that Mourinho said to Conte something like:

"Congrats on the win, but don't do that. If you do it on 1:0 it's okay, but on 4:0 it's a humiliation of me and of my team"

This was in regard of Conte asking the crowd to make some noise at the moment Chelsea had some passing game at 4:0. The crowd started yelling which made United fans also trying to be louder. Interesting scene, but it looks to me like Mourinho has right.
Interesting. I could see there was something 'significant' being said. I can see both sides of that I guess - every team has a right to celebrate, especially when winning heavily against a big rival, but at the same time it does seem a bit disrespectful to the other team. Not sure what to think...

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Payet wrote:Italian TV stations report...
Well, the two major free networks (public RAI = BBC, and Mediaset i.e. Berlusconi's) didn't air yet their motd-like sunday sports magazines (starting just now), and in 30 seconds in the evening news about sports they don't go in such details
Then they must have been either pay-tv (which i didn't subscribe) like Sky, or Premium (again Berlusconi's), with channels dedicating the whole weekend to football; or minor/local tvs with pub-like shows discussing football without actual games broadcast rights, which delve into such gossip scoops ;) :P

...The crowd started yelling which made United fans also trying to be louder.
The BBC Live Report (in text) I was following, alleged it was the other way round: that hearing how utd fans were noisier than the blues ones, Conte didn't want the supporters to take a win over Devils for "granted", however already secured, and spurred them to keep celebrating it loudly, as the team deserves to feel continuous support while they play well, as much as the crowd had right to boo them when they lost vs Liverpool (and then @Emirates)

PS: I find that appeal for "respect" rather phony imho
Jose hasn't the right to teach anything to anyone, regardless i don't like Conte as a man either

Payet
Treebeard
FS Record: 2016/2017: 8.879

Post by Payet »

This "Italian TV stations" was something I found on the other forum I'm a member of. It's mentioned that they red it from Jose's mouth since he was speaking to Conte in fluent italian.

Also, a guy who watched the game said that he heard Mourinho saying "quattro-zero" (4:0) when camera zoomed him and Conte after the final whistle...

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mourinho needs to get over himself. A manager trying to gee up his fans and getting the crowd to make a bit of noise is disrespectful? Give me strength.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

[attachment=0]FB_IMG_1477254252790.jpg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

Chelsea do look good

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Payet wrote:This "Italian TV stations" was something I found on the other forum I'm a member of. It's mentioned that they red it from Jose's mouth since he was speaking to Conte in fluent italian.

Also, a guy who watched the game said that he heard Mourinho saying "quattro-zero" (4:0) when camera zoomed him and Conte after the final whistle...
Yes, saw it now on Premium Sport News which replica gets aired free at 2 am (at dinner time for Premium Sport channel subscribers only)
Lips-reading skills apart, I confirm it was clearly audible Mou saying in italian "you do that on 1-0, not on 4-0"

I of course totally disagree with Mourinho, also having seen the totally normal cheers summoning gesture
On 1-0 you do it to help push your team securing the narrow lead
On 4-0 you do it to deservedly celebrate the achievement. As the losing side you feel that it humiliates you? Yes, you deserved it. If the team who thrashed you celebrating their victory makes you feel humiliated, that shows you also are a sore loser and deserve the humiliation.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Their fans were shite. 4-0 down and still louder.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Notned wrote:Mourinho needs to get over himself. A manager trying to gee up his fans and getting the crowd to make a bit of noise is disrespectful? Give me strength.
But he has taken the spotlight away from getting thrashed 4-0 and the inadequacies of the players, formation and tactics :wink:

foxinthebox2001
Dumbledore
FS Record: Fiso Cricket - The Limited Overs Game winner 2014

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

blahblah wrote:
Notned wrote:Mourinho needs to get over himself. A manager trying to gee up his fans and getting the crowd to make a bit of noise is disrespectful? Give me strength.
But he has taken the spotlight away from getting thrashed 4-0 and the inadequacies of the players, formation and tactics :wink:
They all do all it, Wenger used the more subtle approach by praising Cech for denying Boro all 3 points.
Like us supporters should be grateful we got a home point against arguably the 2nd worse team in the league, and threw away the chance of putting pressure on other challengers for the title.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:
blahblah wrote:
They all do all it, Wenger used the more subtle approach by praising Cech for denying Boro all 3 points.
Like us supporters should be grateful we got a home point against arguably the 2nd worse team in the league, and threw away the chance of putting pressure on other challengers for the title.
3rd at worst, lol (Sunderland and Hull are the 2 worst).

I blame the media for focusing on that stuff, rather than the spanking MU received from a previously mediocre Chelsea.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

For connoisseurs of local derbies, it's a big night at Gigg Lane in League 1 tonight. This one doesn't come around very often, which makes it even more special. Only seen this one once before myself, ended 2-1 to The Shakers, a real collector's item!

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

And now for something completely different. This is some defence. https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/760883/event/9
35th in the world, made his very first transfer ever this week. From Poland, so naturally has Fabianski, Boruc and Jutkiewicz.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Must be a mistake on the website cause I had look at him team in GW8 and it's the same as GW9, it's also the same as GW1 - GW7, so he hasn't made any transfers :)

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Mr Clarinet wrote:For connoisseurs of local derbies, it's a big night at Gigg Lane in League 1 tonight. This one doesn't come around very often, which makes it even more special. Only seen this one once before myself, ended 2-1 to The Shakers, a real collector's item!
Not a good night in the end though I gather. Decent crowd though ;)

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

tarkens wrote:Must be a mistake on the website cause I had look at him team in GW8 and it's the same as GW9, it's also the same as GW1 - GW7, so he hasn't made any transfers :)
Does it mean that he's made that transfer this GW? Perhaps he's only just realised he's doing so well and is going to start playing properly? (If so, watch it all go wrong from here on... :lol: )

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Haha maybe, my bet is on Dier -> Kapustka 8-)

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Mr Clarinet wrote:For connoisseurs of local derbies, it's a big night at Gigg Lane in League 1 tonight. This one doesn't come around very often, which makes it even more special. Only seen this one once before myself, ended 2-1 to The Shakers, a real collector's item!
Not a good night in the end though I gather. Decent crowd though ;)
Lost 0:2 :(
2 penalties - still in it until the 2nd one went in...

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Does anyone else think that Nolito looks like a chilled out entertainer?

TheoRiginal
FISOhead

Post by TheoRiginal »

Hmmm, like a killer clown, do you mean?

TheoRiginal
FISOhead

Post by TheoRiginal »

More seriously, the lineups have pretty much indicated who the first elevens of the two teams are: for United it is is the guys on the pitch, and for City it is those who aren't...

So much for those who think Aguero's days are numbered!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Costa on, hopefully for a yellow :)

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

blahblah wrote:Costa on, hopefully for a yellow :)
Would a cup yellow count for the league? I know a direct red will..

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”