To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New players in the PL - who can share knowledge?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
jipouille
Wideboy

New players in the PL - who can share knowledge?

Post by jipouille »

As for the thread I created about promoted teams, I suggest a thread to discuss newcomers to the premierleague. Who has the best FPL value, who is underpriced, who can become a must have player from day 1.

Every year there has been a very useful similar thread that I abusively used to prepare my first team! Perhaps I am being impatient, but I have the feeling there is less activity this year in comparison to the previous seasons.

I will try to keep you updated on the players coming from the French league as I follow it (born in St Etienne, green forever :D ).

Zlatan: does he need an introduction? a mouth even bigger than Mourhino's. I can't bear him, but, indeed, he will feature in my team on day one, as his stats are probably the best ever in the French league. To be honest, even if he is not proven in the PL, he should have been priced as much as Aguero (who is cursed with mutiple injuries). Wherever he played (except his season in Barcelona) he abolutely shone. With JM as a coach, who loves big strong forward on their own in front, he should score more than 20 this season....

Mandanda: had a bad season in Marseille, but big moral qualities and great shot stopper. In CP, he will probably have a lot of opportunities to score extra points. Given their relatively good fixtures, I am seriously considering him.

Batshuayi: He has been the only Marseille player to have a really great season. He might challenge Costa for the starting position I think. He will probably start as a sub, and he is very good at that, the phrase supersub springs to mind. He is a bit too pricey at 9, but he is one to keep an eye on. One that I potentially see as becoming a big choo choo train.

Other than that, not much on the transferts front. In the players who were here last year, perhaps Tabanou, if he stays and is given the chance (unlike last season), is an extremely offensive full back. I am not sure if they intend to keep him. and of course, my Saint Etienne kid, Kurt Zouma: I see him as one of the star defenders this season....

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Re: New players in the PL - who can share knowledge?

Post by Lucky »

[quote="jipouille"] Mandanda: had a bad season in Marseille, but big moral qualities and great shot stopper. In CP, he will probably have a lot of opportunities to score extra points. Given their relatively good fixtures, I am seriously considering him.
quote]

Do you expect him to get the nod over Hennessy at CP?

Arhaych
FISOhead
FS Record: Voted "Most Suave Fantasy Manager" - 2012/2013

Post by Arhaych »

Whenever I've watched Feghouli for Valencia and Algeria, he's been tremendous. Pace, trickery, great dribbling.

Let's see how he does in pre-season.

jipouille
Wideboy

Post by jipouille »

Lucky wrote:
jipouille wrote: Mandanda: had a bad season in Marseille, but big moral qualities and great shot stopper. In CP, he will probably have a lot of opportunities to score extra points. Given their relatively good fixtures, I am seriously considering him.
quote]

tough one to be honest. We need to see what happens in the last friendlies. But yes, I would say that he will.

jipouille
Wideboy

Post by jipouille »

Arhaych wrote:Whenever I've watched Feghouli for Valencia and Algeria, he's been tremendous. Pace, trickery, great dribbling.

Let's see how he does in pre-season.
yes he was in my first draft, but had to let him go for saving money.... great french player..... eeeeeerrrrrrr......not.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Lucky wrote:
jipouille wrote: Mandanda: had a bad season in Marseille, but big moral qualities and great shot stopper. In CP, he will probably have a lot of opportunities to score extra points. Given their relatively good fixtures, I am seriously considering him.
quote]

I'd be hugely surprised if he doesn't.

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

No way Mandanda won't play, he's a top goalkeeper. I was a bit surprised to see him go to Palace actually

jipouille
Wideboy

Post by jipouille »

From Ruth-NZ in his big preparation 2016/2017 thread
Ruth_NZ wrote:Viktor Fischer

€5m from Ajax to 'Boro, Fischer will be 22 at the start of next season and can play on either wing (though he prefers to play wide left). It has also been suggested that he'd be well suited as a central striker though that hasn't happened much in his career so far.

Fischer was talked of as a "superkid" after his superb performances for Denmark as an U17 international. He scored 20 goals in 30 games for Denmark U17 and was the star of the 2011 U17 European Championships, attracting the interest of a host of top clubs (reportedly including Manchester United). He has scored 24 goals in 79 games in the Eredivisie for Ajax, a very good return from a midfielder albeit in a somewhat weaker league than the one he'll now be playing in. A very bad injury in 2014 disrupted his progress as a player (he was out for more than a year) but he is apparently fully recovered now.

It will be interesting to see where Karanka plays him. If wide left that would threaten the place of Stewart Downing (though Downing could also be used in the #10 role). But it wouldn't be a big surprise to see Fischer in a striking role either, given Karanka's apparent ambivalence about Rhodes. Something to watch out for in pre-season maybe.

Granit Xhaka

Swiss-Albanian and aged 23, around €40m from Borussia MGB to Arsenal. He is a DM who tends to stay behind the play and his goals record (6 in 106 games in the Bundesliga) confirms that like Matic, Schneiderlin, Can and others of that ilk he's very unlikely to be a FPL option really.

What he may do, however, is make Arsenal's defenders more attractive. Xhaka is reportedly a tough-tackling player who plays with a physicality that Arsenal's centre midfield have lacked in recent seasons and as such he could actually be one of the most important signings Wenger has made for a while. He also has a good range of passing and tends to play longer and more direct balls forward than is typical for Arsenal (he has even been compared to Pirlo in that regard). This could certainly help Arsenal's speedy attackers with Alexis Sanchez one who could well benefit.

Signings like this are often much more significant for FPL purposes in terms of how they affect the way the team plays. Xhaka's effect on Arsenal will be interesting to watch in the early games of the 2016/17 season in that regard.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”