To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Underpriced players

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO 5AS FA Cup Winner 2016/17, FISO 5AS Champions League Winner 2018/19 Best FPL Pos 11/12 - 9959th

Re: Underpriced players

Post by Taff Murray »

In a lot of these threads there appears to be a lot of love for Everton players right now. Baines, Stones, Mirallas etc.I guess everybody is starting to believe that Koeman could have a big effect on their fortunes. Is this the generally held belief?

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

Taff Murray wrote:In a lot of these threads there appears to be a lot of love for Everton players right now. Baines, Stones, Mirallas etc.I guess everybody is starting to believe that Koeman could have a big effect on their fortunes. Is this the generally held belief?
Baines is the only player I would pick from the defence, if he doesn't get clean sheets then he will pick up attacking points with added penalty goals and end up with a respectable score for a 5.5 defender which I'd argue makes the everton fullbacks the lowest risk defenders worth 5.5m or less. If everton do shore up defensively then Baines/Coleman could well be the highest scoring defenders this year. As for their attack I currently have Barkley/Deulefeu pencilled in with the intent to switch if they don't look like they are attacking well and plans to bring lukaku in if they really get off to a flyer.

My hunch is that Everton will have an up and down start but their attack will really start to kick into gear mid way through the season.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Underpriced players

Post by Finisher1 »

tarkens wrote:Finisher wouldn't even consider him for 5.0 though ;)
No I wouldn't because I want either a strong front eight enabler or 4.5m bench guy and I think Pogba is not either. I see no reason to pay 5.0m for a player that I'd never play.

But I'm not aware of his possible role in Man United. If he has a more attacking role than in Juventus, then it's the whole new story.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote: But I'm not aware of his possible role in Man United. If he has a more attacking role than in Juventus, then it's the whole new story.
I suspect he would be the box-to-boxer/playmaker in Mourinho's double pivot - a bit like Fabregas last season/the traditional Yaya role. Can't see an advanced hole role if that's been promised to Rooney, unless it's more of a 433 that is - but that would seem to contradict those Rooney comments. Personally I still think he'd be a decent buy if around 6-6.5m, even 7, but I think he'd be over 8m if he actually comes.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

LamebrainEddy wrote:
Taff Murray wrote:In a lot of these threads there appears to be a lot of love for Everton players right now. Baines, Stones, Mirallas etc.I guess everybody is starting to believe that Koeman could have a big effect on their fortunes. Is this the generally held belief?
Baines is the only player I would pick from the defence, if he doesn't get clean sheets then he will pick up attacking points with added penalty goals and end up with a respectable score for a 5.5 defender which I'd argue makes the everton fullbacks the lowest risk defenders worth 5.5m or less. If everton do shore up defensively then Baines/Coleman could well be the highest scoring defenders this year. As for their attack I currently have Barkley/Deulefeu pencilled in with the intent to switch if they don't look like they are attacking well and plans to bring lukaku in if they really get off to a flyer.

My hunch is that Everton will have an up and down start but their attack will really start to kick into gear mid way through the season.
A cautionary note on Lukaku, a lot of the tactical work done so far has been on getting the ball in early to the box in the first phase and supporting the second phase of play - the break down from the cross. Meaning that if and it is an if Rom stays he going to get a lot of balls banged in for him to head, anyone who has watched him over a period of time will tell you this is the weakest side of his game. Would put me off picking him myself innitaly.

Arhaych
FISOhead
FS Record: Voted "Most Suave Fantasy Manager" - 2012/2013

Post by Arhaych »

The Username wrote:
LamebrainEddy wrote:

A cautionary note on Lukaku, a lot of the tactical work done so far has been on getting the ball in early to the box in the first phase and supporting the second phase of play - the break down from the cross. Meaning that if and it is an if Rom stays he going to get a lot of balls banged in for him to head, anyone who has watched him over a period of time will tell you this is the weakest side of his game. Would put me off picking him myself innitaly.
Are you Ronald Koeman?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The Username with top info yet again. Lukaku has been sitting in my early draft based on their games, might have to consider changing things around a little, almost certainly so if he's off pens (as the username also mentioned in a other thread).

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

The Username wrote:
LamebrainEddy wrote:

Interesting, very rarely do I ever hear information pre-season that I don't hear anywhere else. Are you starting with an Everton midfielder or none at all? Given your impression Deulefeu's threat would be out of the window as his delivery has to be one of the best parts of his game, and Barkley/Mirallas may be the better choice with their ability to score from midfield

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

LamebrainEddy wrote:
The Username wrote:
LamebrainEddy wrote:

Interesting, very rarely do I ever hear information pre-season that I don't hear anywhere else. Are you starting with an Everton midfielder or none at all? Given your impression Deulefeu's threat would be out of the window as his delivery has to be one of the best parts of his game, and Barkley/Mirallas may be the better choice with their ability to score from midfield
Not presently mate, I have Baines. The Everton squad and in particular midfield is going to look very different come the end of the transfer window.

I think Del has it all to prove, all the talent in the world and if he was gaurenteed mins every week he would be in my team, his biggest downfall is that he offers no defensive cover for the full backs that I think Koeman will put an emphasis on getting toward like Bertrand and Clynne. To risky a pick for me mate early doors as I would be surprised if he started every or most games.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Few interesting prices on defenders for me.

Byram 4.5m, made a good start until injured. With Tomkins gone, and if he's fit, does this make him first choice?
Stones 5.0m for a Man City or Chelsea centre half, and a potential bonus magnet
Gabriel 5.0m, still priced as a risky choice. If Wenger doesn't buy another CH, surely Gabriel starts as first choice.
Baines 5.5m, back on pens maybe, a new team manager whose previous team was strong defensively but good attacking returns from full backs. Looks a must-have (not to stray into different thread territory)

On a separate note, could Viktor Fischer be an OOP 5.5m bargain?

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

JVRB48 wrote: On a separate note, could Viktor Fischer be an OOP 5.5m bargain?
Not really OOP, he won't play up front.

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

YTFCscratch wrote:Didn't Koeman mostly inherit Poch's defence, strikes me he is getting credit and therefore Everton expectation off the back of that. Fair he continued it, but did he really improve it?
We where far more solid under Koeman, he's a pretty negative coach compared to Poch.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

LamebrainEddy wrote:

He doesnt take pens anymore.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Baines took their last pen, in their most recent game, with both Lukaku and Mirallis on the pitch. That's 16 out of his last 17 scored. Pretty surprised if he's not on pens.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Baines is surely the no.1 taker. If I remember rightly Mirrallas took the ball from him, and missed. Barkley has missed. Lukaku has missed. Baines took the pen end of season and scored. Decent record. Should be back on them

Mikluf
Wideboy

Post by Mikluf »

JVRB48 wrote: Byram 4.5m, made a good start until injured. With Tomkins gone, and if he's fit, does this make him first choice?
This right here. Anyone?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Mikluf wrote:
JVRB48 wrote: Byram 4.5m, made a good start until injured. With Tomkins gone, and if he's fit, does this make him first choice?
This right here. Anyone?
Pretty sure Bilic recently said he can make Antonio "the best right back in the country", suggesting the place is not up for grabs.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

cesc408 wrote:Baines is surely the no.1 taker. If I remember rightly Mirrallas took the ball from him, and missed. Barkley has missed. Lukaku has missed. Baines took the pen end of season and scored. Decent record. Should be back on them
Unless Everton sign Mata. :wink:

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Bojan at 6.0 could be a great bargain. Tadić, Mata, Siggy, Baines and the entire Chelsea team are underpriced.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Shameless copy/pasting here from the guy doing the Southampton write up on Reddit, but
The problem is though that it seems like Puel is looking at a system with wingbacks providing the width
One thing I'd add is that Puel seems to like 3 at the base of midfield and 2 wingbacks. 2 of the midfield then cover for them (most likely to be Clasie and 1 of JWP/Hojbjerg/Romeu) whilst the other midfielder (maybe 2) surges forward. He doesn't seem to like wingers as much so it may throw Redmond into doubt a little.
So Cedric at 5.0 comes very much onto the radar. Beginning to feel a bit like 2015/16 :mrgreen: Southampton have 3 pretty good games in the opening 5 weeks, although you'd rather bench in GW2 and 5 (man, ars).

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

So much value in defence this year! Seeing a lot of love for some of the promoted options, but nailed on 4.5m options for Palace, Wet Brom, Sunderland, Stoke look hard to over look. Pieters looks particularly good to me, especially if he plays as a wingbak in the 3-5-2 they have been trialling pre-season.

Also, very surprised to see Bojan as a 6m mid, although admittedly not totally nailed, and think we could see big things from Lamela at 7m.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Silva at 9.0mill looks decent value compared to 9.5s and 10+s

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

The Username wrote:Silva at 9.0mill looks decent value compared to 9.5s and 10+s
He does look good value, does anyone have any idea of how pep may set up? Will he use a smart playmaker and build around him? Apparently his style changed a little at bayern but I didnt watch many of their games

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

LamebrainEddy wrote:
The Username wrote:Silva at 9.0mill looks decent value compared to 9.5s and 10+s
He does look good value, does anyone have any idea of how pep may set up? Will he use a smart playmaker and build around him? Apparently his style changed a little at bayern but I didnt watch many of their games
If he starts in the middle he'll be a must have, and I think he will. Pep is smart enough to realize that this is where Silva has been the most effective in his career.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

gallus wrote:
LamebrainEddy wrote:
If he starts in the middle he'll be a must have, and I think he will. Pep is smart enough to realize that this is where Silva has been the most effective in his career.
Yes but in euros KDB looked much more threatening in that same role. They both cant be there so I guess it could come down to which one is better wide if they are both world class centrally and roaming.

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

gallus wrote:
LamebrainEddy wrote:
I love watching Bayern... I want to say he played a 4-2-3-1 wide variation for the majority of the season Costa and Coman as wingers and then Muller just behind Lewandowski

For arguements sake he sticks with that formula. I would say KDB in the Muller role with Silva as a winger like he does for Spain and then I dunno who gets the nod over Sterling/Nolito

I dont think I have missed anyone there

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Post by bulgarche »

Bojan at 6.0 ... this is a gift! :)

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

bulgarche wrote:Bojan at 6.0 ... this is a gift! :)
He was also a gift last year that didn't deliver wasn't he?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Negredo came in at 6.5! Potential bargain, proven PL player.

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Yes.. I remember singing Bojans praises on here last pre-season. But IIRC after recovery he didn't appear regularly until the 2nd half of the season and Stokes fixtures were up and down throughout. Maybe this will be his year?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”