To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

"Must haves" to start the season

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Re: "Must haves" to start the season

Post by cesc408 »

Why have several people mentioned an OOP Martial?

Last year he was listed as a forward, This year as a midfielder, the correct position for me. He plays as a LM/LW as UTD played 4231, like Sanchez at Arsenal.

He was poor when chosen at the euros & i don't think he was even that great last year in the PL, would of like to seen him get a decent run as the 1 upfront. Rather go for Micky myself this year. Seems to have a decent goals and assists ratio elsewhere, see if he can do it in the PL

*awaits Martial to get 20 BPL goals this season*

Notned
FISO Knight

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re:

Post by Notned »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
Notned wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:
Notned wrote:Aguero, Shaw, Mikhi/Martial, KDB, Azpi are the nailed ones in my draft so far. .
KDB may well not start the season as the French players aren't going on tour with them so will be a little behind everyone else with regards to pre season training/fitting in with what Pep wants. May just be better to wait before considering him.
Yeah good point. Nice to allocate a spot to him for now though, as it allows a straight switch to virtually any mid in the game until he is ready.
Kdb is Belgian but be cautious anyway

Gunner has however posted the touring squad

Squad for China tour.

City squad: Hart, Caballero, Gunn, O'Brien, Kompany, Zabaleta, Fernando, Sterling, Nasri, Nolito, Aguero, Kolarov, Bony, Navas, Delph, Silva, Clichy, Fernandinho, Denayer, Otamendi, Zuculini, Toure, Maffeo, Adarabioyo, Celina, Horsfield, Barker, Bytyqi, Angelino, A. Garcia, M. Garcia, Humphreys
Cheers. Maybe Nolito as an alternative then, until De Bruyne looks like starting.

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

swadd1er wrote:I presume a lot of you will be going with the template big players but who are they this season?

Aguero and Sanchez will start the season for me for sure.
Well Sanchez wont start the season for Arsenal, so be careful there buddy...

Sigurdsson & Aguero.

Wont be choosing Martial due to insecurity of starts and price tag.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re:

Post by S_sutton87 »

Notned wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:
Notned wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:
Notned wrote:Aguero, Shaw, Mikhi/Martial, KDB, Azpi are the nailed ones in my draft so far. .
KDB may well not start the season as the French players aren't going on tour with them so will be a little behind everyone else with regards to pre season training/fitting in with what Pep wants. May just be better to wait before considering him.
Yeah good point. Nice to allocate a spot to him for now though, as it allows a straight switch to virtually any mid in the game until he is ready.

Squad for China tour.

City squad: Hart, Caballero, Gunn, O'Brien, Kompany, Zabaleta, Fernando, Sterling, Nasri, Nolito, Aguero, Kolarov, Bony, Navas, Delph, Silva, Clichy, Fernandinho, Denayer, Otamendi, Zuculini, Toure, Maffeo, Adarabioyo, Celina, Horsfield, Barker, Bytyqi, Angelino, A. Garcia, M. Garcia, Humphreys
Cheers. Maybe Nolito as an alternative then, until De Bruyne looks like starting.
Will nolito start? Him and de bruyne out wide with silva in the middle?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

S_sutton87 wrote:
Notned wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:
Notned wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:

Squad for China tour.

I'm not sure he will when everyone is fit and available. 50/50 I'd say. Probably a good chance he'll feature if De Bruyne misses the start though. KDB is my preference of the two long term, mind.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

far too early for me to commit to any "must haves" but I have to say that my eyes lit up when I saw Martial listed as a midfielder. He's a brilliant player, will have to see how they line up for the pre season games but I'd be amazed if he isn't a key player this season.

I think him and Mkhitaryan will be massively helped by the touch and vision of Ibrahimovic.

Unless something goes awry In pre season I will most likely have Martial or Mkhitaryan, and quite possibly both.

Also looking at: Everton defender (based on the Koeman effect), Stones (based on transfer to City), United defender

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

I'm thinking of going mikhi and martial

Siggy is also going in my team.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Vincent Black Shadow wrote:
swadd1er wrote:Sanchez will start the season for me for sure.
Hoping Wenger drops some hints prior to the season starting.

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mini league winner 2014\2015

Post by mmikkeelee »

swadd1er wrote:
Vincent Black Shadow wrote:
swadd1er wrote:Sanchez will start the season for me for sure.
Hoping Wenger drops some hints prior to the season starting.
Did you see the photo posted of Sanchez ankles after copa America ?
Ouch !!!!!!

mmikkeelee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mini league winner 2014\2015

Post by mmikkeelee »

Aguero, ozil , mane , payet for me as must haves.

PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Re:

Post by PSA »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Terry, Baines, Shaw, Bertrand, Walker, where do you stop? Defence looks the real stand out area this year.

Nothing outstanding further up beyond an oop martial and Aguero - if i think an early wc after wk 3 pretty likely i may pick a side with that in mind and hope for a flyer.
Been looking at the defence and I think there is great VFM there. Include Coleman, Morgan in the bracket too.

PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PSA »

Notned wrote:
S_sutton87 wrote:
Notned wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:
Notned wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:

Squad for China tour.

I'm not sure he will when everyone is fit and available. 50/50 I'd say. Probably a good chance he'll feature if De Bruyne misses the start though. KDB is my preference of the two long term, mind.
What about Nasri? It'll no doubt depend on Pep, but he could get some minutes.

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

Any Penalty taking defenders this season?
Last season we have Daniels after Wilson's injury. Is Baines back to penalties?

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Shareef Babu wrote:Any Penalty taking defenders this season?
Pretty sure it's Lukaku for Everton these days? Should Lukaku leave, though...

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

Siggy is probably the first name on my team sheet, I think he's been starkly undervalued. He's the form player of 2016, established goal scoring midfielder with two great first fixtures for 7.5.

Glenjamin
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: average

Post by Glenjamin »

kevin wimmer is my only one for now. vertonghen is out so he is due to step in and is .5 cheaper than anyone else in the spurs back line. lloris in goal and the possibility of wanyama and dier in front of the back line with dembele still banned looks like a quality defensive line.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Glenjamin wrote:kevin wimmer is my only one for now. vertonghen is out so he is due to step in and is .5 cheaper than anyone else in the spurs back line. lloris in goal and the possibility of wanyama and dier in front of the back line with dembele still banned looks like a quality defensive line.
It's probably worth keeping up with latest developments on this as they come, he has crossed my mind also. I remember reading an article saying Vert's injury was better than expected and that he may be fit to play mid to late August, so anywhere from GW2-4 ish presumably. Wimmer will be good value for as long as he starts you'd have thought, but if it's only going to be 1-2 games probably isn't worth the investment/implied transfer. With Everton and Liverpool in their first three I'm not sure even that as a stopgap Wimmer would be better than many of the cheaper 4.5m options in other teams to be honest.

If we're talking about 5m defenders, it's the question of which of Mert/Gabriel will be first choice that most interests me. Though perhaps Arsenal will finally buy a new CB. Jagielka and Stones (if he moves) look good at that price to me too.

Glenjamin
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: average

Post by Glenjamin »

Stemania wrote:
Glenjamin wrote:kevin wimmer is my only one for now. vertonghen is out so he is due to step in and is .5 cheaper than anyone else in the spurs back line. lloris in goal and the possibility of wanyama and dier in front of the back line with dembele still banned looks like a quality defensive line.
It's probably worth keeping up with latest developments on this as they come, he has crossed my mind also. I remember reading an article saying Vert's injury was better than expected and that he may be fit to play mid to late August, so anywhere from GW2-4 ish presumably. Wimmer will be good value for as long as he starts you'd have thought, but if it's only going to be 1-2 games probably isn't worth the investment/implied transfer. With Everton and Liverpool in their first three I'm not sure even that as a stopgap Wimmer would be better than many of the cheaper 4.5m options in other teams to be honest.

If we're talking about 5m defenders, it's the question of which of Mert/Gabriel will be first choice that most interests me. Though perhaps Arsenal will finally buy a new CB. Jagielka and Stones (if he moves) look good at that price to me too.
yeah true i'm unsure on the progress of vert but ligament damage can be a nasty one. regardless though i'll have Wimmer start the season giving at least a couple of weeks to see how everyone else lines up. I don't use arsenal players so no dramas for me with regards to mert/Gabriel haha.

maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Post by maradonash »

sunbather wrote:Siggy is probably the first name on my team sheet, I think he's been starkly undervalued. He's the form player of 2016, established goal scoring midfielder with two great first fixtures for 7.5.
Very much so. The arrival of Guidolin seemed to rejuvenate him.
Ayew also interests me. Also finished the season strongly (4 goals in the last 3 fixtures) and could yet be a genuine OOP asset.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Roope wrote:
I wholly expect Baines to be back on them, no more indulgances of certain players at Everton.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

The Username wrote:
Roope wrote:
I wholly expect Baines to be back on them, no more indulgances of certain players at Everton.
Interesting. I hope there's a few pre-season ones so we can find out for sure. Pity it wasn't just pens Baines had lost by the end of last season.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Stemania wrote:
The Username wrote:
Roope wrote:
Interesting. I hope there's a few pre-season ones so we can find out for sure. Pity it wasn't just pens Baines had lost by the end of last season.
Hes in my team mate. Everton are going to be a different animal at the back next year and in general. Im backing Baines to get back to normal service, he suffered last season from his injury and lack of a good pre season, im hearing hes keen as mustered and already alligned himself nicely with Koeman.

Also expecting a huge improvement in Coleman this season, believe it or not he was one of the players who really disliked working with Martinez in fact it nearly came to blows in Martinez last few games.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I've had Jags in my drafts so far as I also expect a big improvement from you (lovely fixtures after GW1 too). Am open to be convinced the extra 0.5m for a fullback is worth it, but then they're competing against the likes of Sagna and Shaw (or Terry/Zouma, Walker or even Fuchs). Plus an Arsenal CB might be 5m. :D

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

ishnid wrote:
froog wrote:aguero and ibra.

there's just too much things in ibra's favour (mou, no van gaal, reinforcements coming) not to take the chance.
This is like Andrei Shevchenko all over again. Except that Ibrahimovic is 4 years older. And he's been playing in semi-retirement in Ligue 1 for the last few years. And he's joining a worse team.

I can absolutely see why people think he'll be great, but I have my doubts.

I must agree. Furthermore if you look at Mourinhos track record recently he has been getting these star strikers in the twilights of their careers to serve as the number 2 strikers. If Zlatan is nailed on then something to consider but this very much remains to be seen.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Anyone else think sturridge is worth a risk if he stays fit got goals in him big if is if he will stay fit tho

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

ctibbits wrote:
ishnid wrote:
froog wrote:aguero and ibra.

there's just too much things in ibra's favour (mou, no van gaal, reinforcements coming) not to take the chance.
This is like Andrei Shevchenko all over again. Except that Ibrahimovic is 4 years older. And he's been playing in semi-retirement in Ligue 1 for the last few years. And he's joining a worse team.

I can absolutely see why people think he'll be great, but I have my doubts.

I must agree. Furthermore if you look at Mourinhos track record recently he has been getting these star strikers in the twilights of their careers to serve as the number 2 strikers. If Zlatan is nailed on then something to consider but this very much remains to be seen.
I'm going to start with Ibra. I like him and think he'll do well, I think Utd will do well this season in general. Plus he's a easy downgrade to someone else, so would rather him if he goes nuts early on rather than try and squeeze him in later.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I think it would be useful to identify £4M defenders and £4.5M mids & strikers who are first 11.

That would be very useful indeed; any ideas?

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Weisenwolf wrote:I think it would be useful to identify £4M defenders and £4.5M mids & strikers who are first 11.

That would be very useful indeed; any ideas?
A seperate thread would be useful so things aren't getting mixed in here, however, they could be must haves?

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: RE: Re: "Must haves" to start the season

Post by liquidfootball2 »

S_sutton87 wrote:Anyone else think sturridge is worth a risk if he stays fit got goals in him big if is if he will stay fit tho

Not really an 'if', he won't

Taff Murray
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO 5AS FA Cup Winner 2016/17, FISO 5AS Champions League Winner 2018/19 Best FPL Pos 11/12 - 9959th

Post by Taff Murray »

My main 2 initially would have to be Kun, unless there is a likelihood that he won't start the first few like last year and Stones regardless of whether he transfers or not.

Baines is a big question mark for me at the moment because at the price if he is back to the form of the season before last he could really hurt you if you haven't got him. BUT that would mean me going with 2 EVE defenders, assuming Stones stays, and until I see how Koeman has them playing that might be a risk.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”