To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

"Must haves" to start the season

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Arhaych
FISOhead
FS Record: Voted "Most Suave Fantasy Manager" - 2012/2013

Re: "Must haves" to start the season

Post by Arhaych »

Everton have three decent centre-backs - an ageing Jagielka, a promising John Stones and a very capable Funes Mori.

Who doesn't play, or does Koeman go to a back three with Baines and Coleman as wing-backs?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Aguero 100% unless injured
Highly likely Baines @5.5
Stones should he go to City
Utd defensive coverage. Shaw has had a long injury so he might be switched time to time, tempted by Bailey if he is nailed to play alongside Smalling.
Friend @4.5 seems value
McCauley @4.5 (Guaranteed to score when he's on my bench)

Think I'm going with Payet again despite the expected increase in price. We all saw him again carry France in the group stages. Guys a FPL machine

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Arhaych wrote:Everton have three decent centre-backs - an ageing Jagielka, a promising John Stones and a very capable Funes Mori.

Who doesn't play, or does Koeman go to a back three with Baines and Coleman as wing-backs?
Stones will be elsewhere mate and a new centre back will come in. Koeman wants physicality throughout the spine of the team, Jags is the captain so imagine he will play most game so i think Everton will bring a strong traditional centre back there is some truth in rumour of going for the Napoili full back.

Koeman generally plays a variation of 4-1-1-3-1 or 4-2-3-1. He played three at the back for much of the second half of last season, he doesnt seem rigid to a particular system but rather on circumstances and players available. I think he will go four at the back myself, with a midfield sweeper and Baines and Coleman bombing on.

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

Im not sure about the term must haves but im interested to see where Benteke, Berahino and Shako end up all 3 are useful strikers and in the right team could thrive. All 3 are 6.5 - 7.5 and are worth keeping an eye on

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

A "must have" for me is someone who has silly high ownership who is an obvious captain and who, if unleashes a lot of points, will do you damage if you do not own him. For me there's only one who can fall into this category:
Sergio Kun Aguero

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Interesting one to watch is Victor Moses. He looks very well pre-season. If he is not loaned out again, at 5.5m he might be an interesting midfielder.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”