To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

PL Fixtures 2016/17 - best and worst

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: PL Fixtures 2016/17 - best and worst

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Stemania wrote:
Stemania wrote: In particular, if there happens to be a Palace or WBA defender for 4.5m I'm sure they'll be popular in their own right looking at their fixtures, but I'm inclined to agree with Mav that cheap rotations don't look superb on paper right now. :(
Both those defences appear to have 4.5m options at first glance. So maybe there is rotation hope yet...
Yep, it looks like they're are a few promising options at 4.5 so a three way for the 3rd spot is definitely a consideration.

Finisher1, now that the prices are out I'd be interested if you would post some of your exact thoughts on what your optimised GW1-3 team is, or at least what you consider optimal and why.

I think that would be a good thing for the debate as you have a strong viewpoint to compare the other alternatives against.
I'll do that at some point but at the moment I think we can do just very premature drafts because things change so much before the season starts. That's why I don't see huge value with specific drafts just yet, now it's just collecting as much information as I can get, including reading every single FISO post :wink:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: PL Fixtures 2016/17 - best and worst

Post by Mav3rick »

Having messed around with the defence, I'm broadly in agreement with you Dino. As an initial stab, my minimum viable defence with current information is looking like:

GKs: 9m (2x4.5)
Defence: 24.5m (5.5, 5, 5, 4.5, 4.5)

I'd like to cut a 0.5 from the defence, but I think the upgrade is probably just about worth it. The second 5.0 in there at the moment is PvA (early obviously to be calling names specifically but I do like him and his games rotate fairly well over the opening 6 GWs).

I'll see how the midfield goes, but I don't think I'd be happy sucking up another 1.0 the defence, I think the returns start to diminish.
Last edited by Mav3rick on 20 Jul 2016, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Finisher1 wrote: it's just collecting as much information as I can get, including reading every single FISO post :wink:
That's fine, the information that is collected by others is posted freely to help everyone have a better FPL team, but I think any community works best when everyone give a little back as well.

You're very vocal about your optimised team, and you've proven yourself to be a good FPL manager, so there must be some things you have thought about and decided to at least investigate? What are your initial impressions on how to maximise the first 3 GWs?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote:What are your initial impressions on how to maximise the first 3 GWs?
Obviously it just means that I look at GW1-GW3 fixtures only, and forget all the following fixtures. Well, after I have built my team that way, I will look at the following fixtures too, just to make sure if I can adjust my team for the following fixtures with just some very minor changes. But I think it's very likely I will play my wildcard after GW3 at latest, so those adjustments should be just very minor.

At the moment the only player that is nailed to my team is Aguero because he is the obvious captain for GW1. Three Man City is also very likely. I will probably have 4.5m+4.0m keepers, but that's just my initial thought. That's all I have thought about my team yet, now I'm interested what happens in pre-season and trasfer window, and I will probably make my first concrete draft about 10 days prior to season opener. I will offer you my draft then, if I don't remember please send me PM.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Thanks finisher1, I had a look at three city, like you Aguero is a definite for me, and if Stones moves he looks a definite too. KDB is the other obvious one, but if were talking only about the first three games, it would be painful if he misses the first one.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Looking way into the future I noticed something odd about the Christmas fixtures. This year they fall Dec 26th (GW18), Dec 31st (GW19) and Jan 2nd (GW20).

The same 10 teams play at home in GW18/GW19 then away in GW20. Among them there are a nice pair of home fixtures for Arsenal/Chelsea/Utd.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”