To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

**NOW OPEN** When does the new FPL season start?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
swadd1er
Dumbledore

Re: When does the new FPL season start?

Post by swadd1er »

Sick of waiting :oops:

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

I remember the days of wanting to get a low team ID, I think I got 5 when the evening one came out in 2012.

If it's an early one then I'll probably miss it.

redcanuck
FISOhead
FS Record: Sky sports Fantasy league Winner 2008-09

Post by redcanuck »

Why does it matter what your team id is? I don't think I have ever know what my team id has been.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Isn't that the whole point of getting there early?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

redcanuck wrote:Why does it matter what your team id is?
Because it does :wink:

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Logo has changed on my shortcut this morning to a Lion.

It's a start

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

redcanuck wrote:Why does it matter what your team id is?
For some of us it's all we've got... ;)

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

Ashers wrote:Logo has changed on my shortcut this morning to a Lion.

It's a start

Cheers :D

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

:D
Screenshot_2016-07-14-14-39-19-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I saw +1 in Premier League twitter account and was waiting for the first price teaser. But then it was this:

"Premier League retweeted
Hull City ‏@HullCity 17 minutes ago

We are delighted to reveal our @UmbroUK away shirt for the 2016/17 @premierleague campaign"

OH eff OFF!!!!!!!!

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

Finisher1 wrote:I saw +1 in Premier League twitter account and was waiting for the first price teaser. But then it was this:

"Premier League retweeted
Hull City ‏@HullCity 17 minutes ago

We are delighted to reveal our @UmbroUK away shirt for the 2016/17 @premierleague campaign"

OH eff OFF!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen:

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

Any prediction on Zlatan's price?

Arhaych
FISOhead
FS Record: Voted "Most Suave Fantasy Manager" - 2012/2013

Post by Arhaych »

Shareef Babu wrote:Any prediction on Zlatan's price?
I'll go for 10.5.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

£11.0m

00tennis
Treebeard

Post by 00tennis »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
£11.0m
If Kün=13 Zlat won't be far off 12

Skysports FF 13 - 12.2
TFF (prov) 7 - 6.6

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Wouldn't surprise me if he was another utd flop. He won't get the space or respect in the prem and a very physical league. I won't be going near him until he proves his worth

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

When was the first season of FPL?

As far as I know, since the season 2006-07, the game is launched less than 30 days prior to Premier League season opener only once - in season 2011-12 when it was launched 24 days prior to season opener.

If it's not launched today, then it will be the second time they launch it less than 30 days prior to season opener.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote:When was the first season of FPL?

As far as I know, since the season 2006-07, the game is launched less than 30 days prior to Premier League season opener only once - in season 2011-12 when it was launched 24 days prior to season opener.

If it's not launched today, then it will be the second time they launch it less than 30 days prior to season opener.
I'm pretty sure 2011-12 was a year when the website had quite a big redesign, which also looks true this year. The fact that they've had to cancel UFPL suggests there's quite a lot going on behind the scenes with this one, possibly the biggest redesign in years and years.

The worst launch we've had that I can rememeber was 2012-13, when the site opened very early but then crashed so horrendously on the Friday/Saturday of GW1 that we all got given free GW2 wildcards and the option to start minileagues from GW2!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:When was the first season of FPL?

I'm pretty sure 2011-12 was a year when the website had quite a big redesign, which also looks true this year. The fact that they've had to cancel UFPL suggests there's quite a lot going on behind the scenes with this one, possibly the biggest redesign in years and years.

The worst launch we've had that I can rememeber was 2012-13, when the site opened very early but then crashed so horrendously on the Friday/Saturday of GW1 that we all got given free GW2 wildcards and the option to start minileagues from GW2!
Was it really 2012-13? That's the first season I played and I don't remember that kind of thing, and I totally missed GW2 wildcard if there ever was one!

I remember I had an ex tempore idea to register a team in 2011-12 just before the season opener, but the site was crashed or something so I couldn't do it.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote: Was it really 2012-13? That's the first season I played and I don't remember that kind of thing, and I totally missed GW2 wildcard if there ever was one!

I remember I had an ex tempore idea to register a team in 2011-12 just before the season opener, but the site was crashed or something so I couldn't do it.
You could well be right, it could easily have been the new redesign year (which doesn't bode well for this time and would make sense for them to have had issues.) When I looked back ages ago I thought it must have been 2012-13 because that was the year the total number of players dropped significantly (e.g. https://fpldiscovery.files.wordpress.co ... -teams.jpg).

Edit: A quick search confirms it was indeed 2011-12 (here's the thread viewtopic.php?f=18&t=88699&hilit=everyone+GW2+wildcard). Odd as it saw a big rise in total numbers according to the fpldiscovery picture. I wonder what happened in 2012-13 to make the numbers fewer then?

Perhaps that should make us fear for this year. :shock:

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

Is there is any prediction matches during FPL ?( i started the FPL from 2013/14 season...

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

So tomorrow then I guess...damn

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

Its horrible.... if it is not today..then when it is?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Any time in the next week. :mrgreen:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Maybe it won't happen at all. :wink:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

They "hint" it should be before August...
Coming Soon
Check back here during July

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

MoSe wrote:They "hint" it should be before August...
Coming Soon
Check back here during July
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

It's teasing us. Knows we're watching.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

JVRB48 wrote:It's teasing us. Knows we're watching.
She is quite the harlot

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

By the sounds of this linked on FFS (which I hadn't seen before):

http://www.sporttechie.com/2015/10/12/e ... -strategy/

the delay is most likely down to new company now being in change of the website/fpl site. The entire thing may be getting completely redone rather than updated.

"Premier League announcing a multi-year partnership with Pulselive, the digital division of sports technology company Hawk-Eye. The new digital partnership will aim to totally enhance and redevelop the the Premier League’s web and mobile properties in time for the start of the 2016/17 season.

As the Premier League’s new official digital partner, Pulselive will be responsible for revamping http://www.premierleague.com and building a single native mobile application for the world’s most famous soccer league. The goal of the mobile app will be to focus on key features and functions across existing Premier League properties for iOS, Android and Windows platforms......

....The new platforms that Pulselive will launch for the Premier League are going to combine Fantasy Premier League, live data, social media, video and statistics with localized content to help the Premier League’s 1.2 billion global fans access specific content about their favorite clubs."

(Maybe I'll say it quietly but I would guess it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we'll all have to re-register completely and no longer have a game history of any sort. I would hope and expect not but I don't think we can rule it out completely).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”