To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

**NOW OPEN** When does the new FPL season start?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Re: When does the new FPL season start?

Post by DrBunker »

Stemania wrote:in time for the start of the 2016/17 season.
Well, that's encouraging. ;)

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Completely revamping an almost perfect format with enormous popularity seems a tad dumb to me. That said, I'm doubly interested to see what's in store, hopefully they've retained the main stuff that worked so well but not changed it to make it anything like 'other' fantasy football websites such as Sky, Sun, Telegraph, etc. I can't think of any major changes I'd make - only minor tweaks, which worries me.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

I'll make a prediction - it won't be popular whatever they've done.

Just call me Nostrodamus. ;)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Stemania wrote:By the sounds of this linked on FFS (which I hadn't seen before):

http://www.sporttechie.com/2015/10/12/e ... -strategy/

the delay is most likely down to new company now being in change of the website/fpl site. The entire thing may be getting completely redone rather than updated.

"Premier League announcing a multi-year partnership with Pulselive, the digital division of sports technology company Hawk-Eye. The new digital partnership will aim to totally enhance and redevelop the the Premier League’s web and mobile properties in time for the start of the 2016/17 season.

As the Premier League’s new official digital partner, Pulselive will be responsible for revamping http://www.premierleague.com and building a single native mobile application for the world’s most famous soccer league. The goal of the mobile app will be to focus on key features and functions across existing Premier League properties for iOS, Android and Windows platforms......

....The new platforms that Pulselive will launch for the Premier League are going to combine Fantasy Premier League, live data, social media, video and statistics with localized content to help the Premier League’s 1.2 billion global fans access specific content about their favorite clubs."

(Maybe I'll say it quietly but I would guess it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we'll all have to re-register completely and no longer have a game history of any sort. I would hope and expect not but I don't think we can rule it out completely).
The HTML source for the new FPL homepage does still include lots of ISM related stuff, I'd hope that means ISM are still running FPL, while these other social media features are just additions from Pulselive and more PL related than FPL related.

They did replace the login system a couple of seasons back (it was the login part of the system that crashed I think when we all got a GW2 wildcard), as we kept our history there, I'd hope that indicates that they realise the importance of porting and retaining any such data.

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Stemania wrote:By the sounds of this linked on FFS (which I hadn't seen before):

http://www.sporttechie.com/2015/10/12/e ... -strategy/

the delay is most likely down to new company now being in change of the website/fpl site. The entire thing may be getting completely redone rather than updated.

"Premier League announcing a multi-year partnership with Pulselive, the digital division of sports technology company Hawk-Eye. The new digital partnership will aim to totally enhance and redevelop the the Premier League’s web and mobile properties in time for the start of the 2016/17 season.

As the Premier League’s new official digital partner, Pulselive will be responsible for revamping http://www.premierleague.com and building a single native mobile application for the world’s most famous soccer league. The goal of the mobile app will be to focus on key features and functions across existing Premier League properties for iOS, Android and Windows platforms......

....The new platforms that Pulselive will launch for the Premier League are going to combine Fantasy Premier League, live data, social media, video and statistics with localized content to help the Premier League’s 1.2 billion global fans access specific content about their favorite clubs."

(Maybe I'll say it quietly but I would guess it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we'll all have to re-register completely and no longer have a game history of any sort. I would hope and expect not but I don't think we can rule it out completely).
The HTML source for the new FPL homepage does still include lots of ISM related stuff, I'd hope that means ISM are still running FPL, while these other social media features are just additions from Pulselive and more PL related than FPL related.

They did replace the login system a couple of seasons back (it was the login part of the system that crashed I think when we all got a GW2 wildcard), as we kept our history there, I'd hope that indicates that they realise the importance of porting and retaining any such data.

If its being totally redone then id expect a choppy start, so many times when things like this are almost relaunched there are teething problems. Brace yourself

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Launching next week, you can put your pitchforks down until Monday morning and have a relaxing weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

FantasyFootyEagles
@FantasyEagles
15m
CONFIRMED #FPL will launch week commencing 18th July 2016 Give yourselves a 3 day break from F5 & Refresh buttons #HUFF

AMc
Grumpy Old Iggy

Post by AMc »

Last edited by AMc on 04 Mar 2018, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Slow news day in Plymouth?

AMc
Grumpy Old Iggy

Post by AMc »

Last edited by AMc on 04 Mar 2018, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Sutter Kane wrote:Completely revamping an almost perfect format with enormous popularity seems a tad dumb to me. That said, I'm doubly interested to see what's in store, hopefully they've retained the main stuff that worked so well but not changed it to make it anything like 'other' fantasy football websites such as Sky, Sun, Telegraph, etc. I can't think of any major changes I'd make - only minor tweaks, which worries me.
Indeed. I don't have any clue about what changes they are going to do, but whatever it is, I think it's extremely likely it will receive a very negative reception by FPL community. That's what usually happens when you fix something that is not broken.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

AMc wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Slow news day in Plymouth?
Not at all http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/can-you ... story.html
:lol: :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

AMc wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:Slow news day in Plymouth?
Not at all http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/can-you ... story.html
indeed they were so busy they couldn't find time for spellchecking :o
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/boy-3-h ... story.html
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hospitalize

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Plymouth is in the UK...

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I'm just waiting until we have price lists, and it might help to be nearer the start of the season when some more transfers have been completed, then we can really start talking about getting our FPL teams together.

Not worried about getting a low squad ID, if you happen to get one and you like it good for you, but it seems like a competition in who can be most pointlessly obsessed. :lol:
DrBunker wrote:Plymouth is in the UK...
This. -ize instead of -ise is mostly an American variant.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I'm just waiting until we have price lists, and it might help to be nearer the start of the season when some more transfers have been completed, then we can really start talking about getting our FPL teams together.

Not worried about getting a low squad ID, if you happen to get one and you like it good for you, but it seems like a competition in who can be most pointlessly obsessed. :lol:
Anyway, I think there is probably a significant correlation between a low team ID and a low overall rank ;)

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Finisher1 wrote:Anyway, I think there is probably a significant correlation between a low team ID and a low overall rank ;)
There probably is.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Not worried about getting a low squad ID, if you happen to get one and you like it good for you, but it seems like a competition in who can be most pointlessly obsessed. :lol:
He commented on a forum for online fantasy football...

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:
DrBunker wrote:Plymouth is in the UK...
This. -ize instead of -ise is mostly an American variant.
NOT this
  • I wasn't being anal about the -ize / -ise suffix, (otoh it was evident 'even' to me in the dict link "Also, especially British, hospitalise." )
    but rolleyeing the fact that in 3 lines they spelled it in 3 different ways
    http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/boy-3-h ... story.html
    hospitilised (in the title)
    hospitalised
    hospitlised
    (which begs now to question your proofreading skills even when prompted) :P
too late, I wanted to chime along the Plymouth news joke, but after brexit that's how you superficially consider furriners ;) ;) ;), and it's gone awry :P

remarkable anyway how FPL news found place amongst such thicket of thrilling events (don't forget the bike thieves apologising to the 10yo owner)
:mrgreen:

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

DrBunker wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:Not worried about getting a low squad ID, if you happen to get one and you like it good for you, but it seems like a competition in who can be most pointlessly obsessed. :lol:
He commented on a forum for online fantasy football...
:lol:

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Shareef Babu wrote:FantasyFootyEagles
@FantasyEagles
15m
CONFIRMED #FPL will launch week commencing 18th July 2016 Give yourselves a 3 day break from F5 & Refresh buttons #HUFF

Wish they would give an exact day. I want to know what changes they made and when my production in everything else deteriorates

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:This. -ize instead of -ise is mostly an American variant.
You mean correct :wink:

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

Now the date is clear. Then what's the time?
Is it in early morning or evening?

Sylvester
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Good

Post by Sylvester »

Shareef Babu wrote:Now the date is clear. Then what's the time? Is it in early morning or evening?
The date is far from clear: "...week commencing 18th July 2016..." could mean any time from 0:01 18/07/16 to 23:59 24/0716!!

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

Sylvester wrote:
Shareef Babu wrote:Now the date is clear. Then what's the time? Is it in early morning or evening?
The date is far from clear: "...week commencing 18th July 2016..." could mean any time from 0:01 18/07/16 to 23:59 24/0716!!
Im sure they say things like that because (to be annoying) its not ready so I wouldnt build your hopes up for early in the week. It sounds like its been reworked from the ground up so it might be buggy to begin with. To be honest I dont see the need to change something that isnt broken :? :?

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

This has got me worried, as if they have massively changed the way the data is accessed/displayed, it will make sidegames near impossible to run. Hopefully I'm just worrying for nothing!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Rich2086 wrote:To be honest I dont see the need to change something that isnt broken :? :?
Yes, very irrational to start a new project that is presumably very expensive and for a fact does not have any demand at all. Who is in charge of this?

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

@FFPundits

@RoyMufc_ They're having problems with the new site, apparently, so might not launch until later in the week.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

So does anyone know if there was anything wrong with the old site? To me it seemed perfect just the way it was. What is the reason why they had to reinvent the wheel?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”