To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Man Utd v Bournemouth?????

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Man Utd v Bournemouth?????

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Hope fosu plays in the game

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

mharv
Treebeard

Post by mharv »

The Real Slim Shady wrote:The game will be played after the cup final.
Source? Or just speculation?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Anyway, not true it's completely meaningless:
if they lose they're 6th, thus thru EL 3rd round, unless they first qualify to EL groups winning the cup
AND, if they win 19-0 they're 4th and to CL PO relegating City rivals to EL :mrgreen:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Apparently Stan Collymore tweeted that they have provisionally set it for 8pm on Tuesday night.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:When can they play it?
Fa cup final next Saturday, 21st of May, England warm up games 22nd and 27th of May.
France 2016 squads deadline 31st of May. 2nd of June, Englands last warm up.
Clearly they can play it near an England game as non of the Man U England players will be involved - it is clear that's what will happen.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

Unofficially a friend was told by a steward that Tuesday night is being considered.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Tuesday night is the most logical solution, hopefully for those with United players there is some semblance of a first team put out, he could play all the kids but possibly some of the defensive players may still feature.

Don't think the likes of Rooney, Martial, Mata will play but DDG, Smalling, Rojo, TFM etc have a better chance.

A kick in the b0llocks for those in very close cash leagues who picked United players for what should have been a very good fixture.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

Notned wrote:Apparently Stan Collymore tweeted that they have provisionally set it for 8pm on Tuesday night.
Looks like he was quoting Talksport (or thinks he was) - was anyone listening?

foxinthebox2001
Dumbledore
FS Record: Fiso Cricket - The Limited Overs Game winner 2014

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

United's squad.

Blind, Daley
Carrick, Michael
Darmian, Matteo
De Gea Quintana, David
Fellaini-Bakkioui, Marouane
Herrera Aguera, Ander
Johnstone, Samuel Luke
Jones, Philip Anthony
Keane, William David
Lingard, Jesse Ellis
Mata Garcia, Juan Manuel
Rojo, Faustino Marcos Alberto
Romero, Sergio German
Rooney, Wayne Mark
Schneiderlin, Morgan
Schweinsteiger, Bastian
Smalling, Christopher
Valencia Mosquera, Luis Antonio
Varela Olivera, Guillermo
Young, Ashley Simon

The rules.
Nick Noble, spokesman at the Premier League said: "The 25-man squad rules do allow clubs to pick under-21 players beyond those named in their squad list and, with this in mind, it was agreed by the clubs that it was appropriate for the rule to remain in place in order to ensure the integrity of the competition."

Lot still at stake, particularly for Bournemouth and the clubs above them, £1.3m per league position.
Incidentally, try telling folks from Dorset it's logical to play on Tueday evening.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

SSN say Wednesday is the earliest feasible date due to security arrangements, and that United are unlikely to agree to that due to the FA Cup.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Incidentally, try telling folks from Dorset it's logical to play on Tueday evening.
"most logical", when else is there? tomorrow is most likely too soon, Wed/Thu/Fri too close to the Cup final, it's clearly going to be a logistical nightmare whenever they play it. Tuesday night would be the best of a bad bunch.

***edit, I have seen the news on sky about Wednesday night* still think Tuesday would be the best time, gives United time to recover for the final and I'm sure both clubs and the PL could help the away fans with transport costs.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

All reminds me of something I recently read about the ill-conceived "Super Cup" played during the English clubs' ban from Europe in the 80s to fill the gap in the fixture list... basically nobody really cared, and they couldn't fit in the scheduled two-leg final (it didn't even offer a trip to Wembley!) between Liverpool and Everton before the end of that season due to other commitments, and it was eventually played early the following season! Needless to say, the competition was not re-commissioned...

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Unfortunate for the fans but to get things finished it should have been played either tonight, once the bomb squad gave the all clear or rescheduled for tomorrow

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Vid wrote:Unfortunate for the fans but to get things finished it should have been played either tonight, once the bomb squad gave the all clear or rescheduled for tomorrow
The behind closed doors option makes some sense given it doesn't matter that much in terms of the bigger picture with how other results went.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Premier League have confirmed that the game will be played on Tuesday night.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

So Man U are 6th if they lose, and 5th if they don't. Suddenly seems far less important. Hopefully DDG will still play, and Lingard.

Interestingly, if it's played after the cup final someone could potentially get sent off at Wembley and be banned for a game scheduled before their infringement!

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

I'd think it'll be the same Utd team except for about 11 changes

- Really ruined the last gwk for so many in FPL

Must be some pity for those who bought tickets to see United and now may struggle to go on Tuesday and if they are able to make it then it won't be United but United reserves.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

All hail Nostradamus Collymore (as the Telegraph mocked him earlier today)!

Did Man U already hand in their team sheet? I wonder if there's a rule that you have to keep the same team sheet after that (to the extent injuries allow).

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

wibble_mcwoo wrote:All hail Nostradamus Collymore (as the Telegraph mocked him earlier today)!

Did Man U already hand in their team sheet? I wonder if there's a rule that you have to keep the same team sheet after that (to the extent injuries allow).
No, once it is abandoned the original 'game' is wiped out. New teams etc.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Yeah, and surely technically it's a postponement rather than an abandonment anyway given it never kicked off...

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: RE: Re: Man Utd v Bournemouth?????

Post by murf »

forestfan wrote:SSN say Wednesday is the earliest feasible date due to security arrangements, and that United are unlikely to agree to that due to the FA Cup.
UEFA woild never have allowed it on Wednesday

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

25/5 would be my best guess. I can't see it being possible before this Wednesday and United have a Cup Final on Saturday. On this occasion I think they'll play a PL game after the Final owing to the extraordinary circumstances.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

This is already reported on other threads, match rescheduled for tuesday 17th at 8pm. Also being reported on BBC that the device was left behind from a training exercise for a private company - human error, totally avoidable and a waste of everyone's time.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

quizking wrote:This is already reported on other threads, match rescheduled for tuesday 17th at 8pm. Also being reported on BBC that the device was left behind from a training exercise for a private company - human error, totally avoidable and a waste of everyone's time.
not to start conspiracy theories but I'm always wary about how much we (the general public) are told about terror threats and events that are foiled.

mass panic at all sporting events/concerts etc would not be wanted. but anyway that's a totally different topic and going off on a tangent.

lets hope it was a genuine false alarm and not a precursor for things to come in the summer.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Good point well made sir - though from the wording of official statements, i'd guess that a few heads will roll behind the scenes at old trafford, whatever the real story is.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

The Manchester based security firm have been named as responsible in social media so I'm guessing the error was a genuine story. This company have ruined the plans of many a FPL manager.

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

I had a ticket for todays game, no way I can get up for a Tuesday night - so evening kick off isn't ideal for everyone.

The only saving grace may be if Fosu-Mensah outscores Surnam by a point as that will give me second in my ££ mini-league and pay for my £85 wasted train ticket.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

flare2 wrote:I had a ticket for todays game, no way I can get up for a Tuesday night - so evening kick off isn't ideal for everyone.

The only saving grace may be if Fosu-Mensah outscores Surnam by a point as that will give me second in my ££ mini-league and pay for my £85 wasted train ticket.
You'll be able to claim travelling expenses back from United, surely?

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

I feel sorry for all the fans that travelled from down south to the match today.

I also feel sorry for the Bournemouth fans.

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

forestfan wrote:
flare2 wrote:I had a ticket for todays game, no way I can get up for a Tuesday night - so evening kick off isn't ideal for everyone.

You'll be able to claim travelling expenses back from United, surely?
Maybe, I'd be surprised though.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”