To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Man Utd v Bournemouth?????

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Man Utd v Bournemouth?????

Post by tarkens »

my friend and I are even on points at the top of our ML, I have Smalling, he has Martial, it will be an interesting and nervous Tuesday :)

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

win by nineteen

Post by MoSe »

BobMem wrote:So Man U are 6th if they lose, and 5th if they don't.
Suddenly seems far less important. Hopefully DDG will still play, and Lingard.
And 4th if they win by 19! :mrgreen:

and if they win 25-7, both Utd & City will have 71 GF and 41 GA, and they'll need a Champions League Play-Off! :o
_______

In case they go on winning the FA Cup on Saturday,
they'll qualify to EL groups along with Southampton, regardless who's5th/6th, and the undeserving Hammers will get a place into EL 3rd qualifying round.

But should Utd then lose the Cup,
Palace will go to EL groups alongside 5th placed in PL, and the 6th placed team will got thru EL qualifying. (= 4 midweek matches 1 end-ofJuly, 3 in August)

The order of matches means, should even Utd lose v Cherries, they can alway say "Hey, we'll win the Cup anyway"
But I figure that even if they won't begin trying to win by 19, they'll want at least to avoid losing tomorrow nite.

I wonder how much of a difference for rotation purposes will 2 less days rest make.
Probably the few "best-XI" who'll start it, will be subbed off early once the result is secured

Blinding99
Wideboy

Post by Blinding99 »

The top of the overall table is currently tied, looks like one player has 2 points coming off the bench, the other 1.

1 of them has 2 Utd players, the other has Daniels to come off the bench (and if Daniels doesn't play then Antonio's 7 pints to come in).

These squad decisions come Tuesday will have a massive impact at the very top of the league. Shows how all the planning in the world can be undone!!

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Like the rest of you, I am really annoyed by the situation. I will be livid if Smalling & Martial don't play tomorrow, (which is likely)

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Any United fans got a realistic view on the team they'll put out?

Fosu-Mensah, Riley, Pereira, BJ, Depay will all get game time you'd expect?

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

we can't make any changes anymore anyway...
just eager to know in advance whether we'll succeed or die ;)

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Man Utd v Bournemouth?????

Post by eastcentral1 »

RidleyMTB wrote:Like the rest of you, I am really annoyed by the situation. I will be livid if Smalling & Martial don't play tomorrow, (which is likely)
No, as an F-M owner tied with my mate whose got Smalling, I'm revelling in the tiny sliver of hope (however, I still need a lot of things to happen, including F-M if he does happen to play getting more than 2 points).

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I totally get it why LVG might be tempted to rotate, but on the other hand I don't. In my opinion it would be a little silly to just give up one position in the league - at least it would mean less money and maybe worse position in Europa League qualifications (I'm not interested to hear how much money they have anyway and how stupid Europa League is, I'm perfectly aware of that). After all they should be perfectly capable to win both on Tuesday and on Saturday.

If I was United fan, I would be embarrassed to see a weakened team in our last league match at home, with still one position to play, only because of FA Cup final that is played four days later.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Genuine footage from after the bomb scare...

Blinding99
Wideboy

Post by Blinding99 »

After the total embarrassment of Sunday, I'm not sure even Man U are going to risk putting out a weakened side. Its on SKY, and its now a very high profile game after what happened at the weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised if PL Towers have had a word and demanded they make very few changes to the original match day squad.

So far this season they have turned up late at Spurs, late at West Ham and now an abandoned game due to an error at their own ground. I think they are on pretty thin ice.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Interested in comments here about maintaining match rhythm and the lack of play for some players (if rested) leading up to the cup game:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... h-11339575

maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Post by maradonash »

Owsler wrote:Interested in comments here about maintaining match rhythm and the lack of play for some players (if rested) leading up to the cup game:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... h-11339575
I know it's a less meaningful game now, but there seems to have been a lot of guff (not here) about not risking players so near to an FA Cup Final.
It's no different to any other Tues>Sat week.
I actually subscribe to the view that the bigger risk would be having their first team at Wembley not having kicked a ball in anger for 11 days.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I think it basically comes down to there being no surprise if your United players are selected and no surprise if they aren't. Predicting LVG's team selection is an inexact science at the best of times.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

RidleyMTB wrote:Like the rest of you, I am really annoyed by the situation. I will be livid if Smalling & Martial don't play tomorrow, (which is likely)
I have a different opinion: although I have DDG I actually think the rematch shouldn't count. The players didn't play just like lots of other players didn't play, different reason yes, but they didn't play so they don't score points.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Weisenwolf wrote:
I have a different opinion: although I have DDG I actually think the rematch shouldn't count. The players didn't play just like lots of other players didn't play, different reason yes, but they didn't play so they don't score points.
If reserves are fielded for a lot of people with three obvious to be selected Utd players its equivalent to having all three injured in the warm-up - an event completely beyond control.

The distortion to this season's standings is affecting teams right at the top of the OR too. It really makes the final week a complete wreck and although it's only one week out of 38 it's a week where there is no counter balance as there would be in other weeks, then at least you have the players and the budget spent on them may prove well spent in future weeks.

Points from Utd players at home to Bournemouth were expected and that's the real point that's caused such an unsatisfactory ending with events beyond anyone's control substituting very little or nothing at all when four or five per player was probable.

This is doubly frustrating as there are no redeeming factors like a large part of the budget spent wisely which should pay off eventually.

It's impossible to retrieve the situation fairly so hard to say whether it's very fair to continue and count a rearranged fixture with a possible reserve side, but it's the only real option open to them. just a pity and perhaps typical of this peculiar season that such an event should be so decisive.

Very hard and unfair imo to equate this to just another gwk where your players aren't selected especially if they were almost certain to be selected. Perhaps much easier though if you only have one.
Last edited by liquidfootball2 on 17 May 2016, 12:09, edited 1 time in total.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I think the rescheduling to Tuesday, with 4 clear days before the cup final, really diminishes the hopes of a second-string squad.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
If reserves are fielded for a lot of people with three obvious to be selected Utd players its equivalent to having all three injured in the warm-up - an event completely beyond control.

The distortion to this season's standings is affecting teams right at the top of the OR too. It really makes the final week a complete wreck and although it's only one week out of 38 it's a week where there is no counter balance as there would be in other weeks, then at least you have the players and the budget spent on them may prove well spent in future weeks.

Points from Utd players at home to Bournemouth were expected and that's the real point that's caused such an unsatisfactory ending with events beyond anyone's control substituting very little or nothing at all when four or five per player was probable.

This is doubly frustrating as there are no redeeming factors like a large part of the budget spent wisely which should pay off eventually.

It's impossible to retrieve the situation fairly so hard to say whether it's very fair to continue and count a rearranged fixture with a possible reserve side, but it's the only real option open to them. just a pity and perhaps typical of this peculiar season that such an event should be so decisive.

Very hard and unfair imo to equate this to just another gwk where your players aren't selected especially if they were almost certain to be selected.
It's equivalent to when a game is abandoned. As has happened before. The only difference is that there are no more games left so its effects are more sharp. However, the previous situation still has the same effect on weekly, monthly scores and competitions etc.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

eastcentral1 wrote:I think the rescheduling to Tuesday, with 4 clear days before the cup final, really diminishes the hopes of a second-string squad.
Yes hopefully that's the case.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Man Utd v Bournemouth?????

eastcentral1 wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:

Very hard and unfair imo to equate this to just another gwk where your players aren't selected especially if they were almost certain to be selected.
It's equivalent to when a game is abandoned. As has happened before. The only difference is that there are no more games left so its effects are more sharp. However, the previous situation still has the same effect on weekly, monthly scores and competitions etc.
Also the abandoned game in that case may still be of use to you later, as you say it's precisely because it's the last game and there are no redeeming factors which makes it so hard to take, especially for those maxed out on Utd and for those at the top of the OR for obvious reasons.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

If our United players who were in the line-up on Sunday don't play tonight it'll be just another kick in the teeth in a season of many kicks, and basically season over.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
eastcentral1 wrote:I think the rescheduling to Tuesday, with 4 clear days before the cup final, really diminishes the hopes of a second-string squad.
Not convinced - Klopp has effectively played a second string Liverpool side for several weekends running, only letting the first teamers play in midweek games (league or cup) - that means they always had 7 (or 6 or 8) days between games. 4 would have been too few for him but then again not having played for 7 days already you might have a hope they will play.

If I was LvdG...... I would have to ask myself 'why risk it?' Not sure I would for a pretty meaningless game (I believe it is totally meaningless re EL rounds if they win the cup final) but if any players 'need a game' then maybe give them 45 minutes - e.g. start with Martial and bring on Rashford at HT or at 60 minutes etc. No way would I play any attacking player for 90 minutes (defenders generally get less knackered).

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Man Utd v Bournemouth?????

murf wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:
Not convinced - Klopp has effectively played a second string Liverpool side for several weekends running, only letting the first teamers play in midweek games (league or cup).
There's a very obvious difference, one was likely and can be planned for the other was extremely unlikely and can't.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

Weisenwolf wrote:
But it isn't a rematch, is it? It's a rescheduling. If it was at another time in the season, then you could benefit from the rescheduling to another GW by already having those DGW players in your team. In this case, that is not possible, so those with the players from an abandoned game will suffer if the line up is changed from the one that was provided pre KO on Sunday.

I can't see how you would view this as anything other than being unfair. Those that say it is, would likely have no Man Utd or Bournemouth players :wink:

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Yes he states although I have DeGea, so he's more fortunate than most and not as much to lose.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Valeron wrote: and basically season over.
LOL nice one

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MoSe wrote:
Valeron wrote: and basically season over.
LOL nice one
I think this is about the 5th time it has been season over for Valeron. :wink:

This time he may be right. :)

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

anyway, I wouldn't call it unfair, just unfortunate
an unpredictable event

matches can be postponed due to weather condition at no notice
I have no experience to say when wheather-postponed matches got usually rescheduled
if the new match fell in another GW, then the original GW would become a blank GW for those players owners, and a double gw later for all fpl players
if for any reason, i.e. no available week slots in the following gws, the match would have been rescheduled in the same gw, that is before the next gw deadline (and too bad for the traveling fans rearrangements), then it would fell within the same FPL GW and be counted for that GW

only difference now is that next gw is... GW1 next season! :mrgreen:
actually, although that's Aug 13th, FPL-wise it should happen before FPL-site update, probably in the 2nd week of July ;)
had it been rescheduled after teh Euro2016 Final, FPL would have waited until then to complete GW38 :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

BTW, I have Smalling+Martial, and need to make up 17p to beat the drop from Divisionals PL
download/file.php?id=21210&mode=view
I'm practically playing Martial vs Neath boy DDG, and vs reds363 Rashford

I'll be first biting my nails until I can check whether he starts (or at least from bench), and then waiting for his hattrick! :lol:

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

I would think that Man Utd will put out their best team, just to ramp up the atmosphere ahead of Van Gaal's lap of honour at the end in front of his adoring fans. They'll doubtless want to show their appreciation for the exciting, attacking football they've witnessed all season at Old Trafford and for the immediate impact that some of the big name signings have had?

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Good news for those hoping for a strong United team tonight: Van Gaal has brought the same 18-man squad from Sunday. That means no Rojo or Fosu-Mensah. Here's the squad:

De Gea, Romero,
Valencia, Varela, Jones, Smalling, Blind, Borthwick-Jackson
Carrick, Herrera, Mata, Pereira, Memphis, Young, Lingard
Martial, Rooney, Rashford

Link: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ar_twitter

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”