To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Worth playing Sunderland defence for GW38?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
huskerdu
FISOhead

Worth playing Sunderland defence for GW38?

Post by huskerdu »

For those that have Sunderland players leftover from the DGW, will Sunderland mail it in now that they're safe from relegation? Their defence has looked solid lately and while Defoe is worth it for attacking potential will people still play Sunderland defenders for the final game week?

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Worth playing Sunderland defence for GW38?

Post by Geri »

It depends on your other defenders . I wouldn't play them instead of Arsenal or Man Utd defenders but overall I think PvA is a decent pick. Wouldn't consider doubling up on their defence this week for those who took two for the DGW even if the other one is Kone.
Last edited by Geri on 13 May 2016, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Think I'm playing PVA for his attacking threat. Watford haven't exactly been water tight lately, Could be irrelevant anyway, as big Sam has hinted at giving a lot of the young players a run out.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

For me it's kone or Simpson (leicester). Sunderland are shorter odds to keep a clean sheet than Leicester, but not convinced.

I have Randolph in goal and 2x Arsenal defenders plus one other.. . could have any defender up to 6.3 with my free transfer, who would you buy in that position?

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

OIEIAO wrote: could have any defender up to 6.3 with my free transfer, who would you buy in that position?
VVD maybe?

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Albert_ini wrote:
OIEIAO wrote: could have any defender up to 6.3 with my free transfer, who would you buy in that position?
VVD maybe?
+1

VVD or Koscielny

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

My other defenders personally are Monreal, Gabriel, and Smalling.

Would you guys play PvA over Lanzini?

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

For me it's PvA or Cresswell, right now I'm edging towards PvA.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I've got Bellerin, PvA, Cresswell, Simpson and Fosu-Mensah. So pretty much forced to play the first three. Would be great if F-M got the final game, but can't risk the 1 pointer.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

is PVA going to play? I've seen several predicted line ups that don't have him starting, similar situation for Defoe :?

thought it looked a decent fixture for both defenders and attackers but now there is doubts about game time for a good number of the Sunderland players, has anybody seen any updated info or news about how many changes we can expect to see?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Gambit wrote:is PVA going to play? I've seen several predicted line ups that don't have him starting, similar situation for Defoe :?

thought it looked a decent fixture for both defenders and attackers but now there is doubts about game time for a good number of the Sunderland players, has anybody seen any updated info or news about how many changes we can expect to see?

Hard to say really. Big Sam suggested he would like to play some of the U21's, but there was nothing any more concrete than that. I think the predicted line ups are just a reaction to that one quote. I guess the thing is if there are changes, the likelihood is that the likes of PVA will either start or not feature at all. I'm starting him myself I think, with Cresswell to sub in if he doesn't feature.

Defoe is harder to call if you have him, as I'd imagine he is still harbouring faint hopes of an unlikely Euro's call up, so will probably see some minutes one way or the other.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Notned wrote:
Gambit wrote:is PVA going to play? I've seen several predicted line ups that don't have him starting, similar situation for Defoe :?

Hard to say really. Big Sam suggested he would like to play some of the U21's, but there was nothing any more concrete than that. I think the predicted line ups are just a reaction to that one quote. I guess the thing is if there are changes, the likelihood is that the likes of PVA will either start or not feature at all. I'm starting him myself I think, with Cresswell to sub in if he doesn't feature.

Defoe is harder to call if you have him, as I'd imagine he is still harbouring faint hopes of an unlikely Euro's call up, so will probably see some minutes one way or the other.
pretty much what I thought, been browsing the Sunderland forums and most of the line ups I've seen have Defoe in and PVA out, but then there are also stories of the players being given a couple of nights off (quite rightly) and a lot of them have been seen out and about in various night spots, so could be a complete lottery who plays, the game is meaningless to Watford too so it's not like they need to field a strong side with respect to the other teams.

May just give them a miss altogether

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

If possible, best avoided I'd say. Big Sam's utterings don't necessarily suggest a complete sweep out of the first eleven, however there's no Klopp-type precedent to go on. Nothing to really gauge a prediction on.

At a guess I'd reckon defoe will play to give him that last shot at the euros. PVA, Kirschoff, Kone, all a bit of a lottery

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

It's another one of those where it's fine if they don't play as long as they avoid a cameo appearance.....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”