To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfers GW38

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Notned
FISO Knight

Re: Transfers GW38

Post by Notned »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Notned wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
Notned wrote:Finding it surprisingly hard to choose between Giroud and Lukaku for one of the moves though!
You value both of Giroud and Lukaku over Long?
I like Long too, but I brought in Mane so wouldn't want to double up. I think I'd prefer Giroud or Lukaku anyway just about, but Long is also a good shout.
Cheers mate. Leaning towards Giroud but still not convinced about his game time. Will decide tomorrow morning. :P
I'm sure he'll start due to the problems Villa have defending aerial balls, but I've started to get slightly worried about Walcott since I made the switch! Time will tell I guess, but chasing second I know which I'd play if I were Wenger..

I should add though that I am a bit annoyed I wasn't ballsy enough to take the Lukaku captaincy punt like Ruth!

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

I need some advice :)
I'm 7 points clear on top in one of my ML and I really want to stay there

my team atm: Robles/Darlow - Kirchoff/Smalling/Simpson/Gabriel/Rose - Payet/Mahrez/Hazard/Sanchez/Iwobi - Aguero/Defoe/Carroll
rival's team atm: De Gea/Mignolet - Moreno/Van Aanholt/Creswell/Simpson/Gabriel - Sanchez/Mahrez/Payet/Lingaard/Townsend - Aguero/Carroll/Kane

he has 0.0 itb, I have 4.2

I'm not sure what is he planning, he doesn't have too many options and for the moment it looks like the only player in his team that could hurt me is Kane

to minimise the risk, should I simply do Carroll -> Kane? Or do you think that Robles -> Forster and Defoe -> Vardy/Long is a better option?

Neil D
FISOhead

Post by Neil D »

I'm just considering Sturridge to either Giroud or Vardy. Form vs fixture?

Just thinking - if I wait until the last minute tomorrow won't we know the teams?

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

tarkens wrote:I need some advice :)

my team atm: Robles/Darlow - Kirchoff/Smalling/Simpson/Gabriel/Rose - Payet/Mahrez/Hazard/Sanchez/Iwobi - Aguero/Defoe/Carroll
rival's team atm: De Gea/Mignolet - Moreno/Van Aanholt/Creswell/Simpson/Gabriel - Sanchez/Mahrez/Payet/Lingaard/Townsend - Aguero/Carroll/Kane

I'm not sure what is he planning, he doesn't have too many options and for the moment it looks like the only player in his team that could hurt me is Kane

to minimise the risk, should I simply do Carroll -> Kane? Or do you think that Robles -> Forster and Defoe -> Vardy/Long is a better option?
adding to all that, I could also do Carroll & Defoe -> Kane & Long for -4

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Neil D wrote:I'm just considering Sturridge to either Giroud or Vardy. Form vs fixture?

Just thinking - if I wait until the last minute tomorrow won't we know the teams?
Team selection/Transfer Deadline is always 1h before kickoff, Teams are announced 1h before kickoff.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

I guess there is some possibility that we might learn early afternoon of certain players who've not even travelled / aren't in the squad... (though be careful even with that - Sky once reported that Benny McCarthy hadn't travelled with his squad so I took him out, only for him to start 3 hours later and score two goals!).

Personally I'll be hoping for some lunchtime snippets - any little last minute news in that respect could make all the difference.

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

Notned wrote:Tough one that! Kane is chasing the golden boot up against a deflated Newcastle side with nothing to play for, whereas Giroud faces a Villa side who are notorious for not being able to defend crosses and deal with an aerial threat. Bit of a coin toss that one, and not a decision I'd liked to have to make!

Edit; although I should add something is tempting me to captain Giroud (I have both), make of that what you will.
Gambit wrote:Giroud because he is facing Villa and I can see Arsenal scoring 4 or 5
Thanks
The aerial threat is something I didn't think about.
The thing that puts me off Giroud is that I'm not certain he'll start the game. Am I right to doubt that?
Will put more thought into it after a couple of drinks tonight.

firestarter197
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL 3,002 in 2011/12, 6,583 in 2017/18

Post by firestarter197 »

cesc408 wrote:
Neil D wrote:I'm just considering Sturridge to either Giroud or Vardy. Form vs fixture?

Team selection/Transfer Deadline is always 1h before kickoff, Teams are announced 1h before kickoff.

Technically it has occurred this season that team news are posted on twitter 10-15 seconds before the game closes for updating so if you're bold you could try and sneak in a transfer

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

firestarter197 wrote:
cesc408 wrote:

Technically it has occurred this season that team news are posted on twitter 10-15 seconds before the game closes for updating so if you're bold you could try and sneak in a transfer
Just have this already prepared so all you need to do is press confirm once the news kicks in.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Geri wrote:
Notned wrote:Tough one that! Kane is chasing the golden boot up against a deflated Newcastle side with nothing to play for, whereas Giroud faces a Villa side who are notorious for not being able to defend crosses and deal with an aerial threat. Bit of a coin toss that one, and not a decision I'd liked to have to make!

Edit; although I should add something is tempting me to captain Giroud (I have both), make of that what you will.
Gambit wrote:Giroud because he is facing Villa and I can see Arsenal scoring 4 or 5
Thanks
The aerial threat is something I didn't think about.
The thing that puts me off Giroud is that I'm not certain he'll start the game. Am I right to doubt that?
Will put more thought into it after a couple of drinks tonight.
some talk of Walcott playing upfront, I think it will be Giroud, slight risk I suppose though

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I can see Walcott taking Iwobe's place.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

tarkens wrote:
tarkens wrote:I need some advice :)

adding to all that, I could also do Carroll & Defoe -> Kane & Long for -4
I would be inclined to do only 1 transfer; if you take a hit you only have a 3 point lead.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

You could do Carroll for Kane. To add Long for Defoe means Long has to score 4 more than Defoe to break even. In other words if Defoe plays for 60+ minutes Long has to do the same and score one goal just for you to break even; to be in front on the deal he needs to score twice or score and assist and Defoe needs to do nothing. Possible but not that likely I suggest.

You are in front let the chasers take the risks :D
Last edited by Weisenwolf on 14 May 2016, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

neilem
Wideboy

Post by neilem »

What hit is too much when applying transfers? I'm considering -8 for 3 transfers when chasing someone 34 points in front of me.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

neilem wrote:What hit is too much when applying transfers? I'm considering -8 for 3 transfers when chasing someone 34 points in front of me.
Generally taking hits is only good on DGW's or if you don't have 11 fit or a team hits startling form and your the only one without any (I.e Leicester earlier in the season) or you have money and are dumping DGWs for real big hitters in form.

However if you are chasing and it's last day of the season why not? Just bare in mind that to break even the player you bring in has to do exactly what his role requires (CS for a defender, goal for Striker, CS & assist for midfield) AND the outgoing player fail to do so. To make a profit they need to do even more than that.

If your taking a punt take it on those with big points potential: Sanchez, Aguero, Hazard etc. Those who are capable of a hatful if they have a good day, not on bit players

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Weisenwolf wrote:You could do Carroll for Kane. To add Long for Defoe means Long has to score 4 more than Defoe to break even. In other words if Defoe plays for 60+ minutes Long has to do the same and score one goal just for you to break even; to be in front on the deal he needs to score twice or score and assist and Defoe needs to do nothing. Possible but not that likely I suggest.

You are in front let the chasers take the risks :D
thanks mate

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

You're welcome; good luck :wink:
Last edited by Weisenwolf on 14 May 2016, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

KTBFFH
FISOhead
FS Record: 636th (2014/15)

Post by KTBFFH »

Urgently need to decide whether to offload Defoe (who may not start) or Carroll (who probably wont score) for Long. Aguero is the third. Any takers?

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd TFF World Cup 2014, 8th in TFF Fantasy Lions and a few TFF and TFC weekly wins

Post by Jagduracell »

Any thoughts on whether it is worth a 4 point hit for a keeper? At the moment I have Mignolet and Robles and am guessing neither will play tomorrow. Basically I would be taking a 4 point hit for a 2/3 point gain if I luck out. Knowing the madness of the last day of the season when goals galore tend to be scored I'm thinking it might actually be better to go without.

I'm looking likely to win all my main leagues (although I only have a 13 point lead in one of them and he has his TC playing this week) and the main thing I am aiming for is my first top 10k place (currently 10,487th) so wanted to gauge thoughts. I would have 5.3 available to spend.

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

I'm unable to make transfers tomorrow so with the potential Payet injury news I'm going to roll the dice and do Payet :arrow: Mane for a hit. He'll go alongside Tadic. My ML leader has taken a hit so we're even at the start of play.

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

I want to get Mane in - but not sure who to get rid. Will keep Sanchez and Hazard so the options are Mahrez, Fabregas or Payet. Who do you think I should get rid of?

Rest of team in link. I have my sights on 2nd in my big ££ ML, his team is shocking: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/ ... istory/37/

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ossip-News

Urgh.

Should have held off with my transfer, but got it into my head the games were today. Now I could end up making a -8 just to get a solid team out.

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

Need to decide wheather Firmino(who wont start) to Mane/Tadic/Mata any suggestion?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Does anyone know why Mane saw limited game time in 2 of his last 3 games? Only 21 mins in gw35.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Dont really like the shape of my team for tomorrow's game. Is it crazy to do the following transfers for a -12 ?
Carroll > Giroud
Sturridge > Long
Fabregas > Mané
Payet > KDB

-12 seems a lot but i expect Caroll/Fabregas to do a 2 pointer and Sturridge\Payet are guaranteed 0 points (waiting for more news on Payet though) so total of 4. And i expect 6 at least for Giroud/Long each, and 7 each for Mane/KDB so total 26, not taking into accounts bp. So benefit would be of 10 points.

Shareef Babu
Treebeard

Post by Shareef Babu »

Payet injured?

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Shareef Babu wrote:Payet injured?
:|

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

I think I might take a -4 now Payet is injured. I can see a lot of people doing the same so it's almost free. Who's with me?!

mattjgalloway
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Season Points Rank
2006/07 1,890 41,337
2007/08 1,775 606,227
2008/09 1,789 294,112
2009/10 2,186 88,721
2010/11 2,070 23,964
2011/12 2,140 20,189
2012/13 2,028 164,587
2013/14 2,440 3,073
2014/15 2,012 182,745
2015/16 2,266 8,146

Post by mattjgalloway »

With Payet now out, I am highly likely to take my first hit of the season.

I was planning to do:
Welbeck => Iheanacho

But now I'm thinking of adding in:
Payet => KDB

I'm 2nd in a £ mini-league, where the top 4 spots pay out, and the top 4 are all within 7 points of each other. So I really need to think about this one! All 4 of us have Payet.

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

hmm I might do Payet>KDB for a -4

I think I may play Antonio instead of Caroll.. and play 3-5-2

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”