To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Kane or Aguero: Who to drop?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
arv
Treebeard

Kane or Aguero: Who to drop?

Post by arv »

It appears that many are in the position of dropping one of Kane or Aguero for DGW forward. Now that the City game is over, I thought it might be a good time to gather people's opinion on which one to transfer out. Personally, I will be retaining Aguero, not so much for the upcoming GW, but for GW38, where he plays Swansea with CL places presumably still up for grabs.

Canary94
FISOhead

Re: Kane or Aguero: Who to drop?

Post by Canary94 »

Kane.

City still have top four to play for, and Spurs players will likely be deflated. Coupling this with the ban of Dembele and Alli which could have an impact upon Spurs creative ability.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Whichever you drop, the other will score. On that basis I'm keeping both.

arv
Treebeard

Post by arv »

Probably the likely outcome. :lol: But I can't resist the temptation of Carroll.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:Whichever you drop, the other will score. On that basis I'm keeping both.
and neither scores :lol:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

math! wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:Whichever you drop, the other will score. On that basis I'm keeping both.
Exactly! Meanwhile Deeney who you would have picked gets a hatrick

Bull's eye
Wideboy

Post by Bull's eye »

I'm holding on to both, think that both Kane and Aguero can get more points this gw than any other striker from dgw-teams, and both Spurs and and City have lot to play for. City can lose their possible CL-position, they have to beat Arsenal. Otherwise United might grab it!

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
math! wrote:
Exactly! Meanwhile Deeney who you would have picked gets a hatrick
then do us a favour and drop both! ;)

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

I'd like to drop Aguero for Carroll (funding Simpson -> Smalling and next week Özil -> Sanchez) but I don't really know if I have the guts to do it. Frankly I can't think of any other transfers so might as well risk it now.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

If it's an either/or, I'd keep Aguero I think as the time to drop him was probably last week.

Kane/Spurs could still do well against Southampton but I think they are more likely to be in beach mode than City, who do have to defend their CL position.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Kane if you must, but I'm keeping both.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Keeping Aguero. Kane vs Sturridge is my dilemma..

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Notned wrote:Keeping Aguero. Kane vs Sturridge is my dilemma..
I think that's a case of a Kane who might not have as creative a force to assist him Vs a Sturridge who might not even play...

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Beerfuelledman wrote:
Notned wrote:Keeping Aguero. Kane vs Sturridge is my dilemma..
I think that's a case of a Kane who might not have as creative a force to assist him Vs a Sturridge who might not even play...
Hence the dilemma. But thanks mate, very helpful :lol:

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I forgot to include Sturridge has a DGW which might compound the decision. I think Klopp might use Benteke for the league though and keep Sturridge to try and win a trophy...

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

The trouble is it could easily be a SGW for Sturridge now. Shame, as he would have been my TC had he not started tonight.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Notned wrote:The trouble is it could easily be a SGW for Sturridge now. Shame, as he would have been my TC had he not started tonight.
And he probably misses GW38 too. Can you bench him easily for the last game?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:
Notned wrote:The trouble is it could easily be a SGW for Sturridge now. Shame, as he would have been my TC had he not started tonight.
It would mean playing Townsend or Antonio, but neither would be disastrous. There are a couple of DGW strikers I quite fancy a punt on though, and despite the reasons to the contrary I'm unsure dropping Kane and Aguero is the best course of action.

I guess it will all come down to the press conference, if there is one. Any indication he gets any gametime vs Watford then I'll keep. Similar scenario with Firmino, too. Probably would have been the two best options of all this week under normal circumstances.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Even if hadn't of started, I feel he would have been rested on the game before the final

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:
Even if hadn't of started, I feel he would have been rested on the game before the final
Definitely. I wasn't too bothered about GW38 though, was just really hoping he'd feature twice this week!

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Notned wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
It would mean playing Townsend or Antonio, but neither would be disastrous. There are a couple of DGW strikers I quite fancy a punt on though, and despite the reasons to the contrary I'm unsure dropping Kane and Aguero is the best course of action.

I guess it will all come down to the press conference, if there is one. Any indication he gets any gametime vs Watford then I'll keep. Similar scenario with Firmino, too. Probably would have been the two best options of all this week under normal circumstances.
If your front line is Kane, Aguero, Sturridge, then I think I'd be shipping Sturridge for Carroll, if you can with Antonio (do you have Cresswell too)?

If not, I guess you're thinking Defoe, which is also probably a good move based on the stats. I know when I looked last week, Defoe, Sturridge and Carroll were right up there with Aguero and Kane.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:
Notned wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:

If your front line is Kane, Aguero, Sturridge, then I think I'd be shipping Sturridge for Carroll, if you can with Antonio (do you have Cresswell too)?

If not, I guess you're thinking Defoe, which is also probably a good move based on the stats. I know when I looked last week, Defoe, Sturridge and Carroll were right up there with Aguero and Kane.
Interesting mate, thanks. Shipping Sturridge of the three is the way I'm currently leaning too. Would either be to Carroll or a huge gut feeling punt on Costa. Don't currently have Cresswell, but considering him for an additional hit if I go for the latter.

Blinding99
Wideboy

Post by Blinding99 »

I'm going all in. Kun and Kane out, Carroll and Defoe in. That means I'll go into the end of the season with a front line of Carroll, Defoe and Deeney! Not something i'd have imagined at the start of the season!! I'm currently in the top 2,000 but don't have BB or TC this week, so thinking outside the box to try and take a punt.

If you finish the season with cash in the bank, do you get to carry it over to next year!!!!

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

I've taken a punt and dropped Kane for Carroll. I expect them to be a little deflated after losing the title and honestly games against Southampton and Newcastle won't be easy at all, especially considering the latter are fighting for survival.

City on the other hand still have 2 important games as their Champions League qualification hangs in the balance. Arsenal at home might not be as straightforward, but I can see them hammering Swansea in the final game.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Kane; severe risk of a Spurs collapse!

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

I sold Aguero (Carroll) and kept Kane and Deeney - but I didn't want to. I had to use the funds for Cresswell/Hazard/Payet.

I tried a lot of -8 combinations and on the two best ones I was 0.1 short by selling Kane. Sold Aguero instead.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'll be shipping Kane for one of Costa/Carroll I think (though haven't decided which yet). Dembele and Alli both being missing is enough to convince me both replacements have high enough relative points potential for it to work out, even for a hit, though the transfer may or may not be reversed for GW38.

If City can get KDB on the pitch in the hole (and now there's nothing to save him for) then I'm reticent to sell Aguero. They've looked awesome together in that combo to me.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Weisenwolf wrote:Kane; severe risk of a Spurs collapse!
Wow I was right; I'm gonna ring my mum :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”