To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW37 Captain Poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who will be your C/TC this week?

Smalling (nor, whu)
2%
Martial (nor, whu)
2%
Rashford (nor, whu)
No votes
Rooney (nor, whu)
No votes
Townsend (vil)
No votes
Defoe (CHE, EVE)
5%
Hazard (sun, liv)
12%
Fabregas (sun, liv)
No votes
Costa (sun, liv)
2%
Cresswell (SWA, MNU)
No votes
Payet (SWA, MNU)
53%
Antonio (SWA, MNU)
No votes
Carroll (SWA, MNU)
21%
Mahrez (EVE)
No votes
Vardy (EVE)
No votes
Kane (SOU)
1%
Firmino (WAT,CHE)
No votes
Coutinho (WAT,CHE)
No votes
Sturridge (WAT,CHE)
1%
Aguero (ARS)
1%
De Bruyne (ARS)
No votes
Sanchez (mci)
No votes
Deeney (liv, nor)
No votes
Ighalo (liv, nor)
1%
Other - please state
1%

Total votes: 129

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: GW37 Captain Poll

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:
Finisher1 wrote: Why are people so convinced by Chelsea's ability to score goals? They have two difficult fixtures, Sunderland fighting against relegation and Liverpool probably fielding a strong team for their match.

I'd really fancy Hazard or Fabregas, but I just can't helpt thinking it's going to be a big let down.
I don't think anyone is particularly convinced, hence why WHU players are dominating the conversation. Same with Man United.
You said you are tempted by Hazard. There's no way I would captain him, yet I might pick him anyway, but it's mostly just because of lack of better options (and because I still fancy Hazard more than Iwobi, who has worse fixture and some rotation threat).

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote: You said you are tempted by Hazard. There's no way I would captain him, yet I might pick him anyway, but it's mostly just because of lack of better options (and because I still fancy playing Hazard more than Iwobi, who has worse fixture and some rotation threat).
Yes, I mean I prefer him to all Liverpool players (as I don't think it's really possible to predict whether a given pick from Coutinho/Firmino/Sturridge will start or play in more than one - I certainly do rate Sturridge's chances as very low though, it's Benteke vs Watford imo). Payet tends to play a bit deep at times but doesn't really get in the box enough to consistently threaten the goal too often - he's a great player, but no sure thing - Carroll may or may not play two, but he hasn't for ages and WHUs strikers all look fit again.

Assuming Hazard/Costa start both games on the other hand (which seems fairly likely, though I don't think definite in Hazard's case) then I don't see too many players ahead of them in points expectancy tbh - especially if Haz is on pens (apparently unknown). Payet probably, Carroll if he play two, perhaps we could guess Lukaku/Defoe, nobody else really imo. You might even be down to defenders (Smalling/Cresswell) by then. So, tempted, yes. Convinced, far from. :D

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Well, it's going to be Hazard TC for me and I'm very settled with that decision. Even though I think it quite possible he won't get 180 minutes. I think he'll start against Sunderland and I'm happy to roll the dice from there.

Last season everyone and his dog would have been on Hazard(c) for this DGW. In fact they were, he was the leading captain choice in the big DGW. He scored 5 points. But I think he's on a big up-curve now whereas at this stage of last season all the games were catching up with him.

No doubt. No changes. Hazard TC.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I definitely like Hazard's up-curve but I just think he has poor fixtures. West Ham have two home fixtures, one of which is against Swansea who struggle with injuries. West Ham is full of goals, have something to play for and I even think they are more proven team than Chelsea despite their recent up-curve.

Easily West Ham TC for me. Probably Payet.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Well, it's going to be Hazard TC for me and I'm very settled with that decision.
I'm on Haz(C) too after bringing him in (with BB tho, my TC got wasted earlier)
did it as a punt, now you comfort me :)

it's not just the 12p I have to chase in my weak ML (Counterglow, follwoing my FPL Button)
but mainly the 48p abyss I need to climb out of to survive in the FISO Divisionals PL :o
pulled all the stops! :mrgreen:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Finisher1 wrote:I definitely like Hazard's up-curve but I just think he has poor fixtures. West Ham have two home fixtures, one of which is against Swansea who struggle with injuries. West Ham is full of goals, have something to play for and I even think they are more proven team than Chelsea despite their recent up-curve.

Easily West Ham TC for me. Probably Payet.
Yes, that is all good reasoning I think and I would have captained Payet myself before the game last Monday. But I have been watching Hazard all season and waiting to see what I saw. Payet is probably the more rational choice but Hazard is a bit special when he's firing on all cylinders. And I think he is close to that now.

Payet will be my (vc), not that it makes any difference. Good luck to you anyway.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Only one of Payet's five double digit hauls has come at Upton Park.

Another here considering a punt on Hazard.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

If Sam Beckett had appeared before me in GW1 & told me that I'd triple captain Andy Carroll instead of Eden Hazard then I'd have laughed like a hyena. But it's happening.

Mister Talons
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Mister Talons »

Hazard (TC); Mahrez (V).

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Mister Talons wrote:Hazard (TC); Mahrez (V).
Noooooooo!!! Surely you have to persist with your constant Mahrez-captaining until the end of the season? You can't quit in GW37! :(

Will this be the first time all season that you haven't captained him?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

dino1980 wrote:If Sam Beckett had appeared before me in GW1 & told me that I'd triple captain Andy Carroll instead of Eden Hazard then I'd have laughed like a hyena. But it's happening.
If only there had been a quantum leap where he had to save someone's fantasy team. It was usually about much less important issues, like preventing murders, saving marriages or not stopping presidential assassinations.

Dr Beckett found himself trapped in the past, making benching decisions that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to make ville finish in the top 1k again.

Would have liked Ziggy to select my captains, although I do get help from a talking hologram that only I can see or hear so that's almost as good.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Mav3rick wrote:
dino1980 wrote:If Sam Beckett had appeared before me in GW1 & told me that I'd triple captain Andy Carroll instead of Eden Hazard then I'd have laughed like a hyena. But it's happening.
If only there had been a quantum leap where he had to save someone's fantasy team. It was usually about much less important issues, like preventing murders, saving marriages or not stopping presidential assassinations.

Dr Beckett found himself trapped in the past, making benching decisions that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to make ville finish in the top 1k again.

Would have liked Ziggy to select my captains, although I do get help from a talking hologram that only I can see or hear so that's almost as good.
Brilliant :D

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

GW37 Captain Poll

Post by MPTree »

Stemania wrote:I think I'll probably settle on Payet too despite likely taking the transfer plunge on Hazard and one of Costa/Carroll.

Am a little tempted by Hazard, but have a more than slight fear of his flakeyness and rotateableness. I can't remember the last time Carroll played in two games over 60 mins in the space of 3/4 days (last season?) so I don't think I could armband him over Payet, who seems one of the few guaranteed 2 gamers.
This alone is enough to give me pause with the Carroll captaincy. Whoever I captain this week will be triple-captained, so it's a really tough one to settle on.

As someone who's chasing a lead, I think I can rule out Payet, because he's very much an option for my two rivals in my mini-league. If I'm not Carrolling, that means I'm either Defoeing or Hazarding.

I like Defoe's two home fixtures, but I don't like that he plays for Sunderland. I like that Hazard is seemingly up for it again, but I don't like his inconsistency this season.

It's difficult.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Mav3rick wrote:

:lol:

Big Shandy (Carroll) here as well.

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

Is De Gea a really bad pick for captain? I'm so uncertain about what players in midfield or attack will either play 180mins or get a big enough haul. With DDG you're guaranteed 180mins, high probability of at least one CS and if West Ham game finished 0-0 he could also be in for a shout of bps.

Or is captaining a keeper, just a bad choice and rarely ever works in your favour?

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

Costa (Defoe)

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

Hazard (TC), Costa (TVC)

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

I'm having a punt on Defoe. Not many of my rivals have him.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Carroll (c), Defoe (vc)

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

Payet (c), Defoe (vc)

My Man
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Novice

Post by My Man »

50 ahead in my mini league, so gonna keep up the aggression,

(C) Hazard. (Vc). Payet.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Top 3 in top 10k Captaincy.

Payet 56.1%
Carroll 14.4%
Hazard 5.4%

30.5% playing TC, BB 16.6%, WC 3.0%.

(About two thirds of TCers have gone for Payet, 17% Carroll, 7% Haz).

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Wow that's much higher that I expected (the transfer hub poll had it closer between Payet and Carroll). It's probably good for me though, I needed to take a risk, so I'll have to hope that Carroll can outscore Payet.

Definitely a case of needs must rather than what I'd like to have done though.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Went for Carroll. 2 home games. Guy 2nd in my ML has TC Carroll as i was anticipating so all is good

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Costa (C)
Payet (VC)

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Well Payet not panned out yet.....

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Owsler wrote:Currently

Defoe (C)
Payet (VC)

Whatever happens the reverse will hold true.
Oh dear

Mister Talons
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Mister Talons »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Mister Talons wrote:Hazard (TC); Mahrez (V).
Noooooooo!!! Surely you have to persist with your constant Mahrez-captaining until the end of the season? You can't quit in GW37! :(

Will this be the first time all season that you haven't captained him?
Heh. :D

This is the 5th time this season that I haven't captained him. Am playing catch-up in my mini-league, so am trying something different. I'll captain him again in GW38. :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”