To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW37 Captain Poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who will be your C/TC this week?

Smalling (nor, whu)
2%
Martial (nor, whu)
2%
Rashford (nor, whu)
No votes
Rooney (nor, whu)
No votes
Townsend (vil)
No votes
Defoe (CHE, EVE)
5%
Hazard (sun, liv)
12%
Fabregas (sun, liv)
No votes
Costa (sun, liv)
2%
Cresswell (SWA, MNU)
No votes
Payet (SWA, MNU)
53%
Antonio (SWA, MNU)
No votes
Carroll (SWA, MNU)
21%
Mahrez (EVE)
No votes
Vardy (EVE)
No votes
Kane (SOU)
1%
Firmino (WAT,CHE)
No votes
Coutinho (WAT,CHE)
No votes
Sturridge (WAT,CHE)
1%
Aguero (ARS)
1%
De Bruyne (ARS)
No votes
Sanchez (mci)
No votes
Deeney (liv, nor)
No votes
Ighalo (liv, nor)
1%
Other - please state
1%

Total votes: 129

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

GW37 Captain Poll

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Currently:

Payet (c)
Defoe (vc)

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Re: GW37 Captain Poll

Post by math! »

Rotating between Hazard, Payet and I suppose Defoe. I reckon the final decision will happen 5 minutes before the deadline :lol:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I have no idea really as yet, apart from that I'll be using my TC. Sturridge is the front-runner right now in terms of who I already have, but I'm mulling over moves for one or two of Hazard/Payet/Costa, all of whom could come into consideration.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

On Payet currently, but not overly happy about it

Other options, Kane, Rashford, DeGea, Cresswell

Benerz1987
Cheetah

Post by Benerz1987 »

Carroll (TC)
Payet (VC)

JoonaR16
Grumpy Old Man

Post by JoonaR16 »

Payet (C)
Defoe (VC)

Probably.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Currently

Defoe (C)
Payet (VC)

Whatever happens the reverse will hold true.

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

Carroll (TC), Hazard (VC).

How'd you like them plums.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Canary94 wrote:Carroll (TC), Hazard (VC).

I'm rather fond of them plums. Considering bringing in Carroll and giving him the ol' TC treatment myself.

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

MPTree wrote:

I'm rather fond of them plums. Considering bringing in Carroll and giving him the ol' TC treatment myself.
Do do it to yourself.

I read somewhere that Swansea will be giving youth a chance in the final two games. United have also conceded the most headed goal attempts in the league over the last six weeks. A perfect chance for Big Andy to reward those brave enough.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

GW37 Captain Poll

Post by MPTree »

Canary94 wrote:
MPTree wrote:

Do do it to yourself.

I read somewhere that Swansea will be giving youth a chance in the final two games. United have also conceded the most headed goal attempts in the league over the last six weeks. A perfect chance for Big Andy to reward those brave enough.
Those are some very handsome arguments.

EDIT: How sure are we he'll start both games though?

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

MPTree wrote:
Canary94 wrote:
MPTree wrote:

Do do it to yourself.

Those are some very handsome arguments.

EDIT: How sure are we he'll start both games though?
This is where the element of risk lies. Unless Bilic says anything otherwise I'd be fairly confident for two starts. He's started 3 of the last 4, and the time he came off the bench he scored so. At this stage of the season its a risk I'm willing to take.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Canary94 wrote: This is where the element of risk lies. Unless Bilic says anything otherwise I'd be fairly confident for two starts. He's started 3 of the last 4, and the time he came off the bench he scored so. At this stage of the season its a risk I'm willing to take.
By Jove I think I'll join you.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

MPTree wrote:
Canary94 wrote: This is where the element of risk lies. Unless Bilic says anything otherwise I'd be fairly confident for two starts. He's started 3 of the last 4, and the time he came off the bench he scored so. At this stage of the season its a risk I'm willing to take.
Would it be worth doing Lanzini :arrow: ... and Kane :arrow: Carroll for -8? Need to get rid of a WHU player to get Carroll...

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

Joccki_10 wrote:
MPTree wrote:
Would it be worth doing Lanzini :arrow: ... and Kane :arrow: Carroll for -8? Need to get rid of a WHU player to get Carroll...
There are dozens of us!

Hmmm that's a tricky one. I think if you TC Carroll then it could be worth the -8, but not convinced it is in isolation. You'd need to captain or TC I reckon. I'd imagine you'd bench King in gw38 so whoever comes in needs a DGW plus a decent fixture to be worth the move I think.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Joccki_10 wrote:
MPTree wrote:
You need him to score two more goals than Lanzini for this to be worth it. If you think he'll do that then do it, but I wouldn't.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

gallus wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
MPTree wrote:
You need him to score two more goals than Lanzini for this to be worth it. If you think he'll do that then do it, but I wouldn't.
AND "..." to score the same as Kane :mrgreen:

Hjuud
Kevin and Perry

Post by Hjuud »

Currently Payet (C) and Hazard (VC). Many good options for armband this week (Best ones Payet, Hazard, Carroll or Defoe I think).

Blinding99
Wideboy

Post by Blinding99 »

Bringing Carroll in to Captain him. Fact Swansea defence is being rested makes me hope for a decent haul if he can stay fit, and Man Utd should be a good game with both sides having a crack at it.

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

TC on Payet or Hazard. Don't have Carroll as I already have Lanzini and Cresswell.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

MoSe wrote:
gallus wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
MPTree wrote:
AND "..." to score the same as Kane :mrgreen:
Okay thanks. Not pulling the trigger means my captain choice is between Payet and Defoe. Currently leaning towards the latter.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Torn between Carroll and Payet...

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

TC. Haven't decided between Payet, Carroll or Hazard. Leaning towards Carroll.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Anyone going with a defender? I guess making an attacking player captain predicates on the hope that they'll either score or assist, whereas looking at the fixtures, you could argue a West Ham or Man Utd defender keeping at least 1 clean sheet is more likely - perhaps not against each other, but in their respective first fixtures against Swansea and Norwich.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

From the Guardian:
2) Carroll eyes his favourite opponents

The last Saturday afternoon game at Upton Park – try to keep it together – and West Ham United still have hope of qualifying for the Champions League. Unbeaten in the league since losing to Southampton on 6 February, Slaven Bilic’s side are desperately unlucky not to be in the top four already, given the long list of controversial refereeing decisions that went against them between 19 March and 9 April, but they will be guaranteed to finish fifth and so secure a place in the Europa League if they win their final three fixtures. The first of those is against Swansea City and Andy Carroll, who has scored six goals in his past seven matches, must be licking his lips. Carroll scored three goals in two matches against Swansea last season, laid on two assists for Kevin Nolan in a 2-0 win at Upton Park two years ago and headed a late winner past Gerhard Tremmel in 2013.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... is-weekend

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

The Toon Man wrote:Currently:

Payet (c)
Defoe (vc)
Me too

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I think I'll probably settle on Payet too despite likely taking the transfer plunge on Hazard and one of Costa/Carroll.

Am a little tempted by Hazard, but have a more than slight fear of his flakeyness and rotateableness. I can't remember the last time Carroll played in two games over 60 mins in the space of 3/4 days (last season?) so I don't think I could armband him over Payet, who seems one of the few guaranteed 2 gamers.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote:I think I'll probably settle on Payet too despite likely taking the transfer plunge on Hazard and one of Costa/Carroll.

Am a little tempted by Hazard, but have a more than slight fear of his flakeyness and rotateableness. I can't remember the last time Carroll played in two games over 60 mins in the space of 3/4 days (last season?) so I don't think I could armband him over Payet, who seems one of the few guaranteed 2 gamers.
Why are people so convinced by Chelsea's ability to score goals? They have two difficult fixtures away from home, Sunderland fighting against relegation and Liverpool probably fielding a strong team for their match.

I'd really fancy Hazard or Fabregas, but I just can't help but think it's going to be a big let down.

I actually think the best of the remaining three matches for Chelsea is GW38 against Leicester. I think it has the biggest chance to become an open play with lot of goals, plus it's a home match for Chelsea.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 06 May 2016, 15:11, edited 3 times in total.

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Payet TC
Lukaku VTC

Have had this planned since around GW30 so no need to speculate further. I think it's a fairly obvious one. Not expecting any huge hauls but ~15 points total (x3) from the two games and I'm happy enough.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote: Why are people so convinced by Chelsea's ability to score goals? They have two difficult fixtures, Sunderland fighting against relegation and Liverpool probably fielding a strong team for their match.

I'd really fancy Hazard or Fabregas, but I just can't helpt thinking it's going to be a big let down.
I don't think anyone is particularly convinced, hence why WHU players are dominating the conversation. Same with Man United.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”