To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfers GW37

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Transfers GW37

Post by Gambit »

If Liverpool are playing a heavily rotated team this weekend does that make Deeney a better pick than originally thought?

Looking at getting at least one DGW player who is a bit different, Liverpool were very poor at Swansea last week when they fielded a much changed line up, and then for the 2nd game if Norwich have to beat Watford it may open up the game and provide more chances for Deeney.

Is Deeney worth a gamble for the DGW?

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Deeney burned everyone in DGW34 but those who kept him through the blank week were rewarded with a haul in GW36.

For this week I think he's a good option for his value - but if I was making a transfer I would consider Martial, Defoe, Carroll over him.

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
payetme wrote:How do you think Cesc will do? I think hes the most nailed out of the Chelsea mids/forwards
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=120685&p=2884895#p2884895
Yeah, I checked out your thread already. Good insight.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

tommyk7 wrote:Deeney burned everyone in DGW34 but those who kept him through the blank week were rewarded with a haul in GW36.

For this week I think he's a good option for his value - but if I was making a transfer I would consider Martial, Defoe, Carroll over him.
I don't disagree about the strikers you have listed but lots will have them, especially Carroll/Defoe, looking at a "differential" DGW striker, and can't see anybody better than Deeney, considered Rooney at one point! :shock: he's playing deeper but surely will have one big performance before the Euro's

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

At one over the eight I have just pulled the trigger:

Huth :arrow: PVA
Coutinho :arrow: Hazard
Kane :arrow: Carroll

Puts me a mere10 behind my ML top banana assuming he doesn't take a hit (rarely does) and him with 5 and I expect 6 DGW players after transfers compared to my 9. Hopefully they make up the 10 and I'm top banana :shock:

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

will Moreno play both games? i'm still torn on whether i ship out Bellerin for someone and then bring him back next GW. I'm on BB with 10 DGW players and Mahrez, Sanchez, Aquero, and Kane

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

I will be using my bench boost this gameweek

Michael Antonio :arrow: Roberto Firmino
Graziano Pelle :arrow: Andy Carroll
Robert Huth :arrow: Patrick Van Aanholt
Ashlry Williams :arrow: Aaron Cresswell
Sergio Aguero :arrow: Anthony Martial
Matt Targett :arrow: Chris Smalling
Alexis Sanchez :arrow: Eden Hazard
Harry Kane :idea: Daniel Sturridge

Squall
Kevin and Perry

Transfers GW37

Post by Squall »

Pulled the trigger had enough trying to decide what to do.

Clyne --> Cresswell
Mignolet --> Darlow -4
Coutinho --> Fabregas -8

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

owenclass wrote:I will be using my bench boost this gameweek

Michael Antonio :arrow: Roberto Firmino
Graziano Pelle :arrow: Andy Carroll
Robert Huth :arrow: Patrick Van Aanholt
Ashlry Williams :arrow: Aaron Cresswell
Sergio Aguero :arrow: Anthony Martial
Matt Targett :arrow: Chris Smalling
Alexis Sanchez :arrow: Eden Hazard
Harry Kane :idea: Daniel Sturridge
I don't think you will unfortunately. Maybe you should revise your wildcard so you can play BB next week.

Correction: I see you wildcarded in GW24. So that's a -28? Needs to be quite a BB!

You do know that hits are not a way of adding to your score, right?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Cantonascollar1 wrote:I'm currently second in ML and 31 points adrift from top spot! I've still got AOA chip and TC chip to play. My team is currently...

Robles Darlow Bellerin Sakho Smalling Kirchoff Simpson KDB Sanchez Payet Coutinho Milner Defoe Carroll Aguero

1.0 mill ITB

Any suggestions on how to improve team to gain top spot?would like to get hazard in and take out Coutinho but haven't the funds for a straight swap. Would need to free up funds elsewhere? Or just swap him for Fabregss?

I'll triple captain Carroll as a punt.

Top spot rival in ML has:Schmeichel Robles Simpson Gabriel Rojo Kirchoff lovren Coutinho Sanchez Payet king alli Kane martial Aguero

Any ideas?Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
Does your rival have any chips left? Has he taken any hits? 31 points is catchable, but you'll need some luck to go you way. I think you probably have to TC Carroll but I don't know that I'd take a -4 on Hazard unless you are convinced that your rival has him.

I'd actually get Cresswell in your defence, your rival doesn't have him and he's an excellent defender for the DGW. Your rivals defence looks to be in tatters go me.

KDB could be a great differential in GW38 against Swansea, so I'd be tempted to keep him. But if you do really want to take that -4 then certainly the Liverpool midfielders are vulnerable, Fabregas maybe the best bet as were presuming he's on pens.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Decided on Fabragas for Iwobi for my second -4.

BB in play, so I've benched Aguero, Kane, Fabragas and DDG for my most expensive bench ever!

Cantonascollar1
Kevin and Perry

Post by Cantonascollar1 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Cantonascollar1 wrote:I'm currently second in ML and 31 points adrift from top spot! I've still got AOA chip and TC chip to play. My team is currently...

Robles Darlow Bellerin Sakho Smalling Kirchoff Simpson KDB Sanchez Payet Coutinho Milner Defoe Carroll Aguero

1.0 mill ITB

Any suggestions on how to improve team to gain top spot?would like to get hazard in and take out Coutinho but haven't the funds for a straight swap. Would need to free up funds elsewhere? Or just swap him for Fabregss?

Top spot rival in ML has:Schmeichel Robles Simpson Gabriel Rojo Kirchoff lovren Coutinho Sanchez Payet king alli Kane martial Aguero

Does your rival have any chips left? Has he taken any hits? 31 points is catchable, but you'll need some luck to go you way. I think you probably have to TC Carroll but I don't know that I'd take a -4 on Hazard unless you are convinced that your rival has him.

I'd actually get Cresswell in your defence, your rival doesn't have him and he's an excellent defender for the DGW. Your rivals defence looks to be in tatters go me.

KDB could be a great differential in GW38 against Swansea, so I'd be tempted to keep him. But if you do really want to take that -4 then certainly the Liverpool midfielders are vulnerable, Fabregas maybe the best bet as were presuming he's on pens.
Thanks maverick for your advice, much appreciated.
He's just got his triple captain chip left.
Forgot to mention that I have one free transfer left.
In order to get Cresswell in, which I think is a good idea btw, I'd have to either swap for Bellerin or Smalling, both id like to keep (Smalling for the dgw and Bell for last game vs villa). I'm keen on keeping KDB too, think he'll play the next few games.
My concern is having two rotatable Liverpool players.
Thanks again.

Cantonascollar1
Kevin and Perry

Post by Cantonascollar1 »

Weisenwolf wrote:

1.0 mill ITB

You need to take a death or glory sacrifice:

Play the chap & field Smalling & Kitchoff. Dump KDB, Coutinho & possibly Milner. I would be aiming for Hazard and/or Fabregas and thinking about Noble/Kouyate or if you need to Brady or another stocking filler with a DGW
I like your style Wolf, very bold. Not sure I've got the balls to do that, gulp. So you'd favour AOA over triple captain.
Cheers

PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PSA »

Debating on whether or not to take out Aguero but not sure if it should be Carroll or Rooney. They've got a couple good games and Bournemouth last game of the season. Not seen him mentioned much either. Already have Martial though.

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

I've gone Norwich mad - he who dares...

Koscielny :arrow: Martin
Coutinho :arrow: Brady

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

KDB :arrow: Hazard
Firmino :arrow: Fábregas -4
Mangala :arrow: Bassong -8

Had to go with Bassong as I only had 4.3m ITB. Thought about Kirchhoff but I already have PvA.

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

Eriksen :arrow: Hazard

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Considering:

Coutinho > Hazard
Mahrez > Lingard

Are we genereally confident that Hazard will start all 3? Are we confident that Coutinho won't start the 2 games this week? (I'd ship him for GW38 anyway, as he surely won't play that week).

And with the FA Cup Final round the corner, is Lingard likely to play all 3? Or perhaps just GW38? (I'm assuming he won't be one of the first names on the sheet for the Cup Final).

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

scarletjim wrote:And with the FA Cup Final round the corner, is Lingard likely to play all 3? Or perhaps just GW38? (I'm assuming he won't be one of the first names on the sheet for the Cup Final).
I would look at it as the reverse - he's been in the team for ages now. Hard to know if he will start all 3, as it's a squad game after all, but I would expect him to start the Cup Final. I'd expect him to start at least 2 out of 3 but things might change if/when we can no longer finish 4th. He could rest loads in GW38 if that happens.

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

Liverpool are such a headache aren't they? I'm probably ditching Coutinho myself, don't want him for one 30 min runout and one point if that happens.

Torn between these options, any help would be much appreciated:

2 FT
Rose :arrow: PVA
Coutinho :arrow: Fabregas

Rose :arrow: PVA
Clyne :arrow: Cresswell
Coutinho :arrow: Willian

I can see Clyne starting at least one game and getting points so I'm not sure if I want the 4 point hit. Cresswell could go nuts though.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Made my transfers whilst drunk.

Sanchez :arrow: Payet
Sturridge :arrow: Costa
Bellerin :arrow: Cresswell

A ridiculous -8.

That last one was supposed to be Simpson out.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Red Eye wrote:
scarletjim wrote:And with the FA Cup Final round the corner, is Lingard likely to play all 3? Or perhaps just GW38? (I'm assuming he won't be one of the first names on the sheet for the Cup Final).
I would look at it as the reverse - he's been in the team for ages now. Hard to know if he will start all 3, as it's a squad game after all, but I would expect him to start the Cup Final. I'd expect him to start at least 2 out of 3 but things might change if/when we can no longer finish 4th. He could rest loads in GW38 if that happens.
Hmm, in that case maybe I'll hold on and use 2 tfrs for GW38 when things may be clearer (that also happens to be my cup final in my ML, so is slightly more important to me than GW37). Thanks.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Otamendi, Alli and Iwobi :arrow: Cresswell, Fabregas and Howson for my first -8 of the season.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Cantonascollar1 wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:

1.0 mill ITB

You need to take a death or glory sacrifice:

Play the chap & field Smalling & Kitchoff. Dump KDB, Coutinho & possibly Milner. I would be aiming for Hazard and/or Fabregas and thinking about Noble/Kouyate or if you need to Brady or another stocking filler with a DGW
I like your style Wolf, very bold. Not sure I've got the balls to do that, gulp. So you'd favour AOA over triple captain.
Cheers
I didn't clock you had TC even so although Payet is tempting I think Sanchez next week is a possible hat full of points so I would prefer to use it then

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

Canary94 wrote:
flare2 wrote:Tempted by Redmond as a leftfield punt, can see him getting the rub of the green at some point and scoring a hat-trick!
If you're gonna go for a Norwich leftfield punt then go for Brady. Alex Neil has form for benching Redmond fairly regularly, at the bemusement of most of us fans :mrgreen:

He did well against Arsenal but you have been warned.
Needless to say but I wasn't brave enough!

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

flare2 wrote:
Canary94 wrote:
flare2 wrote:Tempted by Redmond as a leftfield punt, can see him getting the rub of the green at some point and scoring a hat-trick!
If you're gonna go for a Norwich leftfield punt then go for Brady. Alex Neil has form for benching Redmond fairly regularly, at the bemusement of most of us fans :mrgreen:

He did well against Arsenal but you have been warned.
Needless to say but I wasn't brave enough!
At least you didn't take my advice and go for Brady instead :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”