To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW37 Triple Cappo

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW37 Triple Cappo?

Payet (SWA, MU)
59%
Lukaku (lei, sun)
3%
Martial (nor, wham)
3%
Willian (sun, liv)
No votes
Costa (sun, liv)
1%
Fabregas (sun, liv)
No votes
Carroll (SWA, MU)
10%
Defoe (CHE, EVE)
7%
Sturridge (WAT, CHE)
3%
Milner (WAT, CHE)
No votes
Coutinho (WAT, CHE)
No votes
Firmino (WAT, CHE)
No votes
Hazard (sun, liv)
14%
Pedro (sun, liv)
No votes
Single GWer (please provide write-up)
1%

Total votes: 109

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW37 Triple Cappo

Post by MPTree »

sunbather wrote:
bigcliff2 wrote:I'm considering gambling on Defoe over Payet as I need to try to make up ground.
Same, need to take a risk to try and win a ML but it's looking very unlikely.

I also like him for being nailed on, experienced and highly motivated too.
As someone chasing a lead, Defoe is in my thoughts too. On pens (right?), should play the full 180 minutes, has the experience, and is Sunderland's main man. If they do well in the DGW, I'd expect Defoe to be involved. He's a "safe" punt inasmuch as he's guaranteed the minutes, unlike Hazard/Costa/anyone from Liverpool.

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

MPTree wrote:
sunbather wrote:
bigcliff2 wrote:I'm considering gambling on Defoe over Payet as I need to try to make up ground.

As someone chasing a lead, Defoe is in my thoughts too. On pens (right?), should play the full 180 minutes, has the experience, and is Sunderland's main man. If they do well in the DGW, I'd expect Defoe to be involved. He's a "safe" punt inasmuch as he's guaranteed the minutes, unlike Hazard/Costa/anyone from Liverpool.
I think I'm right in saying that Defoe only took the last pen because Borini was off the pitch. Just a heads up, a good option though!

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

Canary94 wrote:
MPTree wrote:
sunbather wrote:

I think I'm right in saying that Defoe only took the last pen because Borini was off the pitch. Just a heads up, a good option though!
FFS have Borini as the penalty taker. My main concern is Payet's extra potential for CS, bonus and the extra point for a goal.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I'm disappointed Sturridge starts tonight. Was really fancying the punt on him if he didn't.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

Thoughts on Liverpool making the cup final...

They have fixtures on Sun 8th May, Wed 11th May, Sun 15th May, Wed 18th May (final).

I'd expect a lot of players to be rested on 15th May (vs WBA), given that it seems pretty ridiculous to only have 2 days off before a cup final. You may well see a completely different XI for that match. With that in mind, I'd have thought the first teams last run-out before the final will most likely be 11th May (vs Chelsea). They've played a home fixture tonight, and have 3 full days off now, so I think most of the normal first-teamers will be playing this Sunday, again, at Anfield.

So in terms of DGW37... Liverpool players look a decent option. This may have an impact on Hazard TCers, as it's fair to say he will now be playing 2 tough away fixtures. It may also mean that I pick Mignolet over Robles as my GK option, as I'm quite confident now that he will actually play!

Trying to work out the mind of Jurgen Klopp... what am I thinking...

Gravelaine
Kevin and Perry

Post by Gravelaine »

If you have noticed, swansee players are dropping lile flies. Triple west ham captain is a must. Question of who is not easy.

arv
Treebeard

Post by arv »

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Bobby Chopps wrote:Thoughts on Liverpool making the cup final...

They have fixtures on Sun 8th May, Wed 11th May, Sun 15th May, Wed 18th May (final).

I'd expect a lot of players to be rested on 15th May (vs WBA), given that it seems pretty ridiculous to only have 2 days off before a cup final. You may well see a completely different XI for that match. With that in mind, I'd have thought the first teams last run-out before the final will most likely be 11th May (vs Chelsea). They've played a home fixture tonight, and have 3 full days off now, so I think most of the normal first-teamers will be playing this Sunday, again, at Anfield.

So in terms of DGW37... Liverpool players look a decent option. This may have an impact on Hazard TCers, as it's fair to say he will now be playing 2 tough away fixtures. It may also mean that I pick Mignolet over Robles as my GK option, as I'm quite confident now that he will actually play!

Trying to work out the mind of Jurgen Klopp... what am I thinking...
Given Klopps rotation after the previous EL quarter and semi, I think it would be a brave man who assumes two games for any first teamer in GW37.

A case of "hold don't buy I think", there's no point selling but it would be a but crazy to bring a player in at this stage.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

arv wrote:To add to the post before mine...http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... 6-breather
Probably cements Carroll in the regular C spot for me. Bit of a starting risk, but with no Williams I'd really fancy Carroll to boss things.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

Mav3rick wrote:
arv wrote:To add to the post before mine...http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... 6-breather
Probably cements Carroll in the regular C spot for me. Bit of a starting risk, but with no Williams I'd really fancy Carroll to boss things.
Excellent news. This seals it for me. Carroll gets the triple armband! Williams is comfortably Swansea's best defender. Also, with the likes of Siggi being left out there's a pretty clear message there that Swansea don't particularly give a shiz any more.

I just pray Carroll 2 full(ish) games and doesn't pick up an injury after 5 minutes!

arv
Treebeard

Post by arv »

Bobby Chopps wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
Excellent news. This seals it for me. Carroll gets the triple armband! Williams is comfortably Swansea's best defender. Also, with the likes of Siggi being left out there's a pretty clear message there that Swansea don't particularly give a shiz any more.

I just pray Carroll 2 full(ish) games and doesn't pick up an injury after 5 minutes!
Why not Payet?

bcfc1903
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: william hill champion 2010, 2012. all-inclusive league winner 2012, second x-league 2012.

Post by bcfc1903 »

Bobby Chopps wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:

Whilst I know this is regarding GW38 but a fine reason to keep hold off Sergio.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Carroll or Payet? :roll:

I've been thinking about it since Wednesday and keep changing it twice a day, currently on Payet

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

tarkens wrote:Carroll or Payet? :roll:

I've been thinking about it since Wednesday and keep changing it twice a day, currently on Payet
it's a tough choice, but both should do well I think.

Payet is the safest choice in that he should play all of both games, and is their best player

Carroll has the most potential for a big score, his record v Swansea is very good and with the players they are supposed to be missing (especially Williams) he should terrorise them.

The majority will go with Payet, so it probably comes down to if you are leading or chasing and how much risk you want to take.

Been reading the West Ham forums and a few think Carroll may be rested but most seem to think he will start, only 3 games left now but always a worry they may see the United game as key and decide to hold a few players back for it.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

I've decided to go with Payet since he is the most nailed of the prospects. The thing with Carroll that worries me is that the second game agaisnt Man Utd is a huge game for them and it's the kind of game where Bilic may change his approach and lineup. Usually when managers do this, non-regular players like Carroll tend to miss out on a starting spot.

Mister Talons
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Mister Talons »

Hazard.

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

I currently have Caroll selected.

I don't really want to go with Payet tbh, I think he will do something, but I can't see him scoring more than MAYBE 3 over the two games - and that would be rare.

I can see Caroll getting a brace vs Swansea, and perhaps even vs United

My other options are

Defoe - No chance
Rashford - No Chance
Firminho - No Chance
Hazard - Currently VC, not really sure. I didn't see both his last games, but he obviously scored, concerning he was benched too, plus theres been the whole terrible season thing..

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Went Payet in the end

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Went TC Hazard.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

TC Hazard for me too. He will start the Liverpool game as well I think unless he has a stinker today which I feel unlikely.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Vincent Black Shadow wrote:I currently have Caroll selected.

I don't really want to go with Payet tbh, I think he will do something, but I can't see him scoring more than MAYBE 3 over the two games - and that would be rare.
I think 3 goals from Payet would be downright ludicrous in this DGW. Maybe three assists.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Selected anytime goalscoring odds, game 1:

Carroll 10/11
Payet 7/5
Hazard 12/5

The bookies don't like the Hazard TC then.

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Stemania wrote:Selected anytime goalscoring odds, game 1:

Carroll 10/11
Payet 7/5
Hazard 12/5

The bookies don't like the Hazard TC then.
I'm going to take Ranieri's advice regarding the bookies :P

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

tommyk7 wrote:
Vincent Black Shadow wrote:I currently have Caroll selected.

I think 3 goals from Payet would be downright ludicrous in this DGW. Maybe three assists.
Of course!

I only mention that because it's what I predict Caroll to get this dgw

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

Went Martial with Rashford vice-captain :shock:

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

brencarr wrote:Went Martial with Rashford vice-captain :shock:
no sympathy mate, that was a horrible decision. :shock:

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

gallus wrote:
brencarr wrote:Went Martial with Rashford vice-captain :shock:
no sympathy mate, that was a horrible decision. :shock:
Can't disagree

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Went a bit left-field myself, with Costa.

Pikey72
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 1220th in my prime

Post by Pikey72 »

Notned wrote:Went a bit left-field myself, with Costa.
A striker playing twice is hardly left-field :roll:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Pikey72 wrote:
Notned wrote:Went a bit left-field myself, with Costa.
A striker playing twice is hardly left-field :roll:
Most have gone with Payet, Carroll or Hazard though. Costa only the 10th most captained player in the top 10k with 1.2%

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”