To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW37 Triple Cappo

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW37 Triple Cappo?

Payet (SWA, MU)
59%
Lukaku (lei, sun)
3%
Martial (nor, wham)
3%
Willian (sun, liv)
No votes
Costa (sun, liv)
1%
Fabregas (sun, liv)
No votes
Carroll (SWA, MU)
10%
Defoe (CHE, EVE)
7%
Sturridge (WAT, CHE)
3%
Milner (WAT, CHE)
No votes
Coutinho (WAT, CHE)
No votes
Firmino (WAT, CHE)
No votes
Hazard (sun, liv)
14%
Pedro (sun, liv)
No votes
Single GWer (please provide write-up)
1%

Total votes: 109

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

GW37 Triple Cappo

Post by Bobby Chopps »

I'm gutted I changed my plans and went with a GW34 Bench Boost, which went horrendously wrong! I need to really make the most of my Triple Cappo to salvage my season. But I'm not in love with any of the options! Obviously I'm going with a DGW player, but who?

Lukaku - Leicester & Sunderland (both away) - Incredibly out of form, but still class and always gets chances. Probably still on pens. Will probably play both matches. Playing against a solid Leicester defence (although maybe the league will already be won?) and a Big Sam side scrapping for their lives.

Payet - Swansea & ManU (both home) - Consistenty class. Doesn't always convert that into FPL points. Unlikely to get a huge haul, but pretty likely to get you something. No chance of rotation. Free kicks, but no pens. Swansea have nothing to play for, but ManU are annoyingly solid.

Martial - Norwich & West Ham (both away) - Looks a classy player, but hasn't been bagging too many points. Unlikely to be rotated, but possible. 2 away matches. United don't score a shed-load.

These are my only likely options. Feel free to provide write-ups for other players, as I'm sure others may find them useful. Any advice is welcome. I need to get this one right!
Last edited by Bobby Chopps on 01 May 2016, 18:54, edited 2 times in total.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: GW37 Triple Cappo

Post by Stemania »

How about a poll?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

No idea really at this point. Potentially Sturridge if he doesn't start the return leg in the Europa on Thursday night, but I think he probably will. And even if he doesn't I'm not sure how many chances he will get spearheading this reserve side. May punt on Payet or a Chelsea mid if/when I bring them in if not.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Payet

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Defoe

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

Stemania wrote:How about a poll?
Poll added

Curwinkle
FISOhead

Post by Curwinkle »

Possibly Hazard if Liverpool advance. Sturridge if they don't.

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

Payet for me as it stands. Defoe with only 3 home premier league goals is a concern.

If Chelsea impress tomorrow then the temptation to bring in Hazard/Pedro for the TC could be appealing. Although I'm still yet to be convinced.

Should have done BB/TC the other way around it seems.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

I may not play mine in GW37 at all. I'm pretty much dead in all my money leagues apart from a H2H league. I'm in the final and it takes place GW38, so I'm thinking about saving it for GW38. Haven't decided yet though.

sdhough
Treebeard

Post by sdhough »

Currently on payet but also have lukaku and martial in mind. Nobody really standing out so good chance to make up some ground if you choose well

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I don't have my TC but if I did it would be on Defoe/Carroll/Payet.

Both West Ham and Sunderland have two home games and are in good form.

Sunderland are fighting for survival and Defoe is key for them, Payet is at the heart of everything West Ham do and Carroll looks to have cemented his place and is also playing well.

The TC on a Liverpool player would be very risky, Chelsea have two tough away games, Lukaku is out of form and has two tough away games.

Only other option I would consider is Martial.

Don't think the options are as good as DGW34 but still think Defoe/Carroll/Payet/Martial all have good points potential

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Payet, not relying on many other DGW:ers on starting both to be honest. Fairly easy choice this one, Payet being the steady point hog he is (5.7 PPG). Plus West Ham still have a lot to play for after today's scores.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'd TC Payet, West Ham look the most inform goal scoring team and although I'd prefer to TC Carroll, I don't think he's 100% nailed on to play both so it would go to Payet by default. Indeed, I'm planning at this stage to (regular) captain Payet.

If chasing, I'd be tempted by a go on Cresswell.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Mine will be either Payet or a guest star brought in for for GW37 only. One of Sanchez or Kane (or Kun) will probably leave for a one week hokey cokey punt (who will be replaced by probably the same player for GW38).

Atm the contenders for the guest role are Costa, Sturridge (though less so now) and an exciting (possibly imaginary) Chelsea mid. Or even Carroll/Defoe (probably not and wouldn't captain them over Payet anyway).

So probably Payet. Or Costa. Payet or Costa. :D

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

I might even take Kun out and stick it on Costa. Or Carroll.

Costa or Carroll... anyone?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Stemania wrote:Mine will be either Payet or a guest star brought in for for GW37 only. One of Sanchez or Kane (or Kun) will probably leave for a one week hokey cokey punt (who will be replaced by probably the same player for GW38).

Atm the contenders for the guest role are Costa, Sturridge (though less so now) and an exciting (possibly imaginary) Chelsea mid. Or even Carroll/Defoe (probably not and wouldn't captain them over Payet anyway).

So probably Payet. Or Costa. Payet or Costa. :D
Basically this for me too, only difference being I already have Sturridge.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

Hazard & Pedro added to the poll. Not for me I hasten to add!

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

Carroll is starting to appeal to me. Late burst for the Euros? Sturridge is doing him a favour anyway by delaying his latest injury. He needed to get injured a while back to have hopes of being fit for June.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I can imagine the captaincy spread being fairly wide as people take a big gamble in the last few games. Are we expecting that Fabregas is on pens for Chelsea?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Bobby Chopps wrote:Carroll is starting to appeal to me. Late burst for the Euros? Sturridge is doing him a favour anyway by delaying his latest injury. He needed to get injured a while back to have hopes of being fit for June.
His record against Swansea is very good, they always struggle against him and as well as they did today, they struggled with Benteke in the air at times. Carroll will be an even bigger threat and I expect him to give them a torrid time as he usually does.

Over the DGW then Payet is the safer pick but really like the look of the Swansea game for Carroll.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

I completely squandered my TC chip with Lukaku in the last DGW. I am never ever going near him ever again, the bustard.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Payet's pretty much nailed as Tc for me

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote: If chasing, I'd be tempted by a go on Cresswell.
Is this sentence really written by Mav3rick who is known for captaining whoever leads the polls, or has someone just stolen his account? :lol:

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

Gambit wrote:
Bobby Chopps wrote:Carroll is starting to appeal to me. Late burst for the Euros? Sturridge is doing him a favour anyway by delaying his latest injury. He needed to get injured a while back to have hopes of being fit for June.
His record against Swansea is very good, they always struggle against him and as well as they did today, they struggled with Benteke in the air at times. Carroll will be an even bigger threat and I expect him to give them a torrid time as he usually does.

Over the DGW then Payet is the safer pick but really like the look of the Swansea game for Carroll.
From the start of the season I said my triple cap would go on a DGWer who is 100% nailed to play, and never gets injured. Like a Kane kinda character. Carroll doesn't tick the boxes but I do need to gamble! None of my competitors own him. None have their TC left either.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Bobby Chopps wrote:
Gambit wrote:

From the start of the season I said my triple cap would go on a DGWer who is 100% nailed to play, and never gets injured. Like a Kane kinda character. Carroll doesn't tick the boxes but I do need to gamble! None of my competitors own him. None have their TC left either.
he's not the safest pick but with the games running out I can see no reason why Carroll would be rested, over the DGW it's the Swansea game that is the most attractive, any hauls are likely to be against them rather than United, so if he plays against Swansea he's got real potential to be a good C/TC choice.

As mentioned by others, the captain could be really split this week, there doesn't look to be one or two outstanding options but instead numerous good picks. With this in mind, Carroll could be as good a pick as any, it's not like you are passing up on a choice like Aguero/Sanchez from the last DGW.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Gambit wrote: As mentioned by others, the captain could be really split this week, there doesn't look to be one or two outstanding options but instead numerous good picks. With this in mind, Carroll could be as good a pick as any, it's not like you are passing up on a choice like Aguero/Sanchez from the last DGW.
West Ham do have some options up front though and Carroll's fitness hasn't usually been his strong point. The thing in his favour of course is that there are only 3 games left, and they have a genuine chance of the CL so there's no reason to be worried about burning anyone out.

I think Carroll will probably play both doubles, but it is a slight risk over the guarantee of Payet.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Mav3rick wrote:
Gambit wrote: As mentioned by others, the captain could be really split this week, there doesn't look to be one or two outstanding options but instead numerous good picks. With this in mind, Carroll could be as good a pick as any, it's not like you are passing up on a choice like Aguero/Sanchez from the last DGW.
West Ham do have some options up front though and Carroll's fitness hasn't usually been his strong point. The thing in his favour of course is that there are only 3 games left, and they have a genuine chance of the CL so there's no reason to be worried about burning anyone out.

I think Carroll will probably play both doubles, but it is a slight risk over the guarantee of Payet.
they were outstanding yesterday, will he want to change the team? maybe he will see the United game as more important and rest a couple v Swansea, it's possible of course and I do agree that Payet is the safer pick, but IF Carroll plays both he could easily be the best pick.

Hopefully we will get an idea from the end of the week press conferences, any doubts I will go safe with Payet (or Defoe) but I'm not ruling Carroll out.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I'm considering gambling on Defoe over Payet as I need to try to make up ground.

Bobby Chopps
FISOhead

Post by Bobby Chopps »

Gambit wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:

they were outstanding yesterday, will he want to change the team? maybe he will see the United game as more important and rest a couple v Swansea, it's possible of course and I do agree that Payet is the safer pick, but IF Carroll plays both he could easily be the best pick.

Hopefully we will get an idea from the end of the week press conferences, any doubts I will go safe with Payet (or Defoe) but I'm not ruling Carroll out.

Also, does Bilic seem like a "Let's give you a nice rest, you deserve it bless you" kind of guy? I'm pretty sure in his playing days he'd have played every day if he had to. On broken glass. With a broken leg.

PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Post by PokerGod1900 »

Anyone tempted by Deeney at all? Not a great sea to play for but in good form

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”