To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW37 Triple Cappo

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW37 Triple Cappo?

Payet (SWA, MU)
59%
Lukaku (lei, sun)
3%
Martial (nor, wham)
3%
Willian (sun, liv)
No votes
Costa (sun, liv)
1%
Fabregas (sun, liv)
No votes
Carroll (SWA, MU)
10%
Defoe (CHE, EVE)
7%
Sturridge (WAT, CHE)
3%
Milner (WAT, CHE)
No votes
Coutinho (WAT, CHE)
No votes
Firmino (WAT, CHE)
No votes
Hazard (sun, liv)
14%
Pedro (sun, liv)
No votes
Single GWer (please provide write-up)
1%

Total votes: 109

Canary94
FISOhead

Re: GW37 Triple Cappo

Post by Canary94 »

Anyone happy so far? :lol:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'd think Defoe captainers are - points on the board already and fixture left to win and stay up.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

It's hard to be too disappointed when basically all the main candidates failed so far - even outside bets Costa/Defoe only got 6 and 5 respectively despite scoring. Would hurt much more if one massively outscored the rest. :D

For Martialers to have gone from a warmup injury to only being 6 behind the best and 2 behind most of them is at least a small comfort.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Canary94 wrote:Anyone happy so far? :lol:
Happy enough. Would have been more so if he could finish one on ones!

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Costa won't play the second game by the sounds of things. Done his hammy.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

BobMem wrote:Costa won't play the second game by the sounds of things. Done his hammy.
That will be a disaster if true!

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

should've gone with Defoe like I originally planned. Stupid Payet looks like he'll score or assist every time he touches the ball but nothing happens.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Forgot to press the button so GW38 for me. Possibly a good thing.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: GW37 Triple Cappo

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

gallus wrote:should've gone with Defoe like I originally planned. Stupid Payet looks like he'll score or assist every time he touches the ball but nothing happens.
Don't beat yourself up gallus. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Image Defoe was not the best choice on paper (Sunderland/Defoe have terrible home scoring rate, Chelsea were unbeaten by Sunderland in last 11 meetings, hazard was on form etc)

I myself decided not to swap Fuchs for smalling, and up until the 88th minute!!!! That was the correct decision.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Re: RE: Re: GW37 Triple Cappo

Post by thebillfella »

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Defoe was not the best choice on paper (Sunderland/Defoe have terrible home scoring rate, Chelsea were unbeaten by Sunderland in last 11 meetings, hazard was on form etc)
Wasn't he? Win or bust games for Sunderland, Chelsea not the same force as previous seasons with nothing really to play for and Hazard had been on form for about 45 minutes, plus everyone and his dog was plumping for Payet making Defoe an excellent differential. Sometimes you need to consider the circumstances and not just the stats.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: GW37 Triple Cappo

thebillfella wrote:
Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Defoe was not the best choice on paper (Sunderland/Defoe have terrible home scoring rate, Chelsea were unbeaten by Sunderland in last 11 meetings, hazard was on form etc)
Wasn't he? Win or bust games for Sunderland, Chelsea not the same force as previous seasons with nothing really to play for and Hazard had been on form for about 45 minutes, plus everyone and his dog was plumping for Payet making Defoe an excellent differential. Sometimes you need to consider the circumstances and not just the stats.
Nope, the reason he is a differential is because most have not chosen him, as others on paper were deemed to be a better choice in terms of points return.

Just my opinion, others my disagree but that is why we have forums. To discuss opinions

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

But on whose paper?!! On my paper Defoe was the best choice due to form, fixtures and circumstances. I guess my point is that this is a game of opinions (as you yourself say) and thus there is no winning formula you can write down on a page as there are too many variables.

The fact that the masses all followed each other like sheep because FFS stats or similar suggested one choice does not necessarily mean it was the best choice!!!

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Statistical data will highlight an optimal choice and people going with that choice does not make them sheep. A sheep would be choosing a captain without giving the decision any thought. (Which I am sure some did)

Emotional data (must win game, playing in a Derby etc) does also come into the equation.

Stats gives you, the optimum choice, using both will give you the right choice for you.

I think we are actually on the same page here, I was just trying to make gallus feel better.

thebillfella
FISO Knight

Post by thebillfella »

There are lies, damned lies and statistics, as somebody very knowledgeable once said (Twain or Disraeli?)!!!

But if we are trying to make gallus feel better there is still one game left to go for Payet this week!

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

As someone who captained neither, I'm not so sure Payet was obviously the better choice of the two. In terms of ownership and 'safety' then yes, but his scores can be a bit streaky at times and he does have a tendency to be an assister to the assister, while Defoe is the nailed on penalty taker for possibly the most motivated side in the league.

It's a moot point anyway, as I firmly believe that there is no such thing as a 'right' and 'wrong' decision, especially in a game with such a high level of luck, randomness and variance.

Edit; for 'penalty taker' read 'striker' :oops:
Last edited by Notned on 08 May 2016, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Notned wrote:Defoe is the nailed on penalty taker
Borini is Sunderland's penalty-taker.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Notned wrote:Defoe is the nailed on penalty taker
Borini is Sunderland's penalty-taker.
Oh yeah, course! Well replace the words 'penalty taker' with 'striker' and the point still stands :lol:

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I hate conversations about who was the best choice after the fact. Completely pointless and never ends well.

I was initially really pleased when I saw Payet got me six points. I was all like, "Wow, six whole points and he didn't even do anything!"

Then I thought about it for a bit, then I was disappointed.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

MPTree wrote:I was initially really pleased when I saw Payet got me six points. I was all like, "Wow, six whole points and he didn't even do anything!"

:lol:

Then presumably you went for a lie down?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I triple captained Carroll. It was a gamble in order to try and catch my ML leader, but left me exposed to my main wager rival. I am really regretting it now. Carroll was all about that Swansea game. That scoreline, out of nowhere, has scuppered me. Now I'm just hoping Carroll starts the next game.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Me too Eastcentral, looking at it now I think Defoe was a very sensible choice given how many he's scored this season.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
MPTree wrote:I was initially really pleased when I saw Payet got me six points. I was all like, "Wow, six whole points and he didn't even do anything!"

:lol:

Then presumably you went for a lie down?
And a little cry, yes.

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

I'm also in the should've captained Defoe over Payet camp but don't really regret it too much. Like MPTree said, easy to look back after the fact and feel annoyed. In fact it's arguably inevitable for us on here: we consider so many players and variables that we're frequently going to think along the lines of "gah I should've followed that hunch!".

Payet did really well in terms of stats and crosses I think, he's been a little unlucky not registering more FPL returns in great performances. The main reason I didn't pick Defoe was personal: he let me down once when I took a punt on him when he was at Spurs. I think I might have had RVP and Suarez either side of him with double digit hauls, and little Defoe with a capital C and 4 points staring back at me. Chilling.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Only Hazard can save me now...

Dick Pound
Wideboy
FS Record: Top Top

Post by Dick Pound »

tommyk7 wrote:Only Hazard can save me now...
Likely to start from the bench @ Anfield as the fat Dutchman seems scared to overuse him in case he breaks.

Dick Pound
Wideboy
FS Record: Top Top

Post by Dick Pound »

Canary94 wrote:Anyone happy so far? :lol:
Delighted (that I triple captained Aguero in GW 34) :mrgreen:

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Dick Pound wrote:
tommyk7 wrote:Only Hazard can save me now...
Likely to start from the bench @ Anfield as the fat Dutchman seems scared to overuse him in case he breaks.
Willian has look a bit burnt out when in possession. I knew he would be the one to come off against Sunderland. I think Pedro might start against Liverpool (he links up well with Fabregas sometimes) but Hazard (who is now captaining Belgium at the Euros) will want to play and frankly deserves to play.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

gallus wrote:should've gone with Defoe like I originally planned. Stupid Payet looks like he'll score or assist every time he touches the ball but nothing happens.
+1, only viced him of course.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I don't know about anyone else, but it feels like my season might come down to tonight...

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

eastcentral1 wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but it feels like my season might come down to tonight...
If Payet even gets an assist vs. ManU I'm probably done for, unless Hazard gets 15 or something crazy tomorrow....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”