To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW35 Captain Poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who will be your captain in GW35?

Aguero (STK)
36%
De Bruyne (STK)
No votes
Toure (STK)
No votes
Pelle (vil)
2%
Mane (vil)
No votes
Firmino (NEW)
No votes
Sturrridge (NEW)
4%
Coutinho (NEW)
1%
Sanchez (sun)
6%
Ozil (sun)
1%
Mahrez (SWA)
1%
Alli (WBA)
No votes
Kane (WBA)
49%
Eriksen (WBA)
No votes
Other
1%

Total votes: 135

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

GW35 Captain Poll

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Kane (C) - fully focused on the league, Spurs bang in form.
Aguero (VC) - bang in form himself, but Madrid on Tuesday.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Re: GW35 Captain Poll

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Anyone but Aguero. He's out of form and lucky to be in my WC team. :lol:

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Aguero at the moment. I'll probably transfer Kane in and make him vice captain. Stoke look better opponents than West Brom right now though that may look different after tomorrow's game.

I believe Aguero will either be rested completely or given at least an hour. Either of those situations are fine when captaining him.

It's a very close call between Aguero and Kane though.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

In all seriousness I'm considering a cheeky punt on Mane or Pelle. Don't have much to lose at this stage. Probably Mane just edging it. Could score 4 against Villa.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Considering a cheeky punt on Sturridge

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Probably Aguero (c), Kane (vc) but might reverse it if United and Arsenal lose.

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Aguero (C)
Kane (VC)

Kun at home against a side that has shipped 8 goals in 2 games, that's enough for me.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Aguero or Kane, really not sure. I've been getting these wrong all season but I'll likely stick with the polls. The FFS poll has Aguero ahead by 50% to 25%.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Tricky, but Aguero is the one I should have gone for last week, so I'll chase those points.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

BobMem wrote:Tricky, but Aguero is the one I should have gone for last week, so I'll chase those points.
I say chase away. Stoke are a running gag. Shawcross isn't the same. Without Butland they're even more of a lost cause at the back.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Aguero is certainly tempting, Stoke are very poor, but at the moment I'm edging towards Kane,

I'm not convinced Aguero will play the full game (will he even start?), Kane and Spurs look so strong at the moment.

As an outside choice then one of the key Southampton players could score very well, Villa are in absolute turmoil and wouldn't be surprised at all to see Mane/Pelle etc score big.

Sturridge if he starts could also be a good choice, looks back to near his best.

Think there are easily five or six good choices this week!

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

BobMem wrote:Tricky, but Aguero is the one I should have gone for last week, so I'll chase those points.
+1

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Kane/Kun in some order for me too.

Kun's possible minute problem may be less than a minute problem, causing me to current lean on my Kane.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

50/50 between Kane and Aguero for me. Depends whether we are given any hints as to reduced minutes for Aguero or not really, so I'll be paying close attention to the press conferences. How West Brom set up against Arsenal tomorrow could also have a bearing.

HQ Manoeuvre
FISOhead
FS Record: 1566 FPL 2011-12

Post by HQ Manoeuvre »

Kune.

Undecided.

Will see how WBA look tomorrow.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Sturridge probably, Kun VC.

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

I don't have Kane now but am vaguely considering bringing him back and captaining him this week. Guaranteed 90 mins and in good form.

Have you all seen Pellegrini's quote on FFS though?

"Sergio makes the difference when he’s playing every game, every week. He is a very important player. I am sure he is the best striker in this league. The best way to arrive at a semi-final is when you are winning games, and to not only win but to win the way we did here because it was a complete performance with and without the ball. The most important thing is to keep focusing on the league as we need to play for six more Premier League points before the semi-final"

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Kane/Kun/Pelle could make a decent case for any of my forwards this week. In other words, I have no idea.

Canary94
FISOhead

Post by Canary94 »

Really really tricky one this week. Both Kane and Aguero have plum home fixtures, and if it wasn't for the champions league semi-final I'd back Aguero against a holiday-bound Stoke. I'll see how WBA lineup and perform tonight. A rested, fit, and firing Kane against a team who has played midweek with nothing to play for seems ideal.

Either way I'll pick the wrong player and my VC will get a hat-trick. :D

Gut feeling at the moment is Kane (C), Aguero (V).

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

As the week goes on, I'm getting more and more unsure who I'm going to go with. I'm currently working on a shortlist of 5, for Christ's Sake :lol:

Aguero, Kane, Sanchez, Sturridge, Firmino... all in my team, and any one of them could explode this week potentially. An almost certain sense of inevitability that I'll choose the wrong one..

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Gone for Kane. He's not in my team. He's the one I'm most scared of though (& may come in by the deadline)

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

I'm going for Kane. Spurs going for the title while Albion look like they're on the beach. Aguero (v)

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Kane (in wonderful form, and in the most stable of the teams with good captain choices this week)

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Kane and Aguero, coin toss really. Both in great form and both on pens. The only issue I can see with Aguero is he might not get as many minutes with the Champs League game coming up. Spurs (with Kane) are going for the title and no way is Kane going to miss a minute.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

I think this is the first captaincy for a while where I've felt like there are multiple options, surprised people are hardly mentioning Sánchez and Firmino.

Agüero [STK] - Plum home fixture, they need to win for top 4.
Sánchez [sun] - Surprised no one has mentioned him, no cup competitions, must win.
Kane [WBA] - Nailed on striker for the best team in the league, still chasing the title.
Firmino [NEW] - An attacking team, at home, to Newcastle; If we knew he'd play 90 and most owned him I think we'd be talking a lot more about him as a candidate.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

there are lots of good options but after watching the game tonight I'm on Kane at the moment.

west brom were poor and the only thing stopping more goals was arsenal overplaying, I expect spurs to be far more ruthless and can easily see a Kane haul.

acruxen
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 14/15: 1078

Post by acruxen »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:I think this is the first captaincy for a while where I've felt like there are multiple options, surprised people are hardly mentioning Sánchez and Firmino.

Agüero [STK] - Plum home fixture, they need to win for top 4.
Sánchez [sun] - Surprised no one has mentioned him, no cup competitions, must win.
Kane [WBA] - Nailed on striker for the best team in the league, still chasing the title.
Firmino [NEW] - An attacking team, at home, to Newcastle; If we knew he'd play 90 and most owned him I think we'd be talking a lot more about him as a candidate.
Sanchez and Firmino both play against teams with something to play for. In addition, there is a rotation risk for Firmino and Sanchez is playing away.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Switched to Kane (c), Aguero (vc)...that chance of Leicester dropping points and Spurs capitalizing has convinced me...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Just quickly checked the goalscoring odds with the first bookies in the google search.

Kane & Kun both 4/7 odds on to score - so no help there then.

Can't remember many closer calls this season tbh - a coin flip in it's truest form, don't see any other options even in the same ballpark and those two -Liverpool mids are all subject to rotation, Sanchez by far the toughest fixture of the four teams (and NEW/sun fighting for lives where STO/WBA aren't).

Am still perhaps leaning ever so slightly towards Kane (Kun) simply because of the minutes each is most likely to play.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

Stemania wrote:Am still perhaps leaning ever so slightly towards Kane (Kun) simply because of the minutes each is most likely to play.

I've been on this all week.

I'm surprised that I've not really seen it mentioned, bus no one else concerned Aguero may get the whole day off this weekend and not just reduced minutes. They play Madrid on Tuesday, if I was Pellegrini I wouldn't give a **** about qualifying for the CL next year and go for it now and not risk any injuries prior to the semi final.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”