To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Let's see your GW35 team! Doubts, Fears, Hopes, and Discussions?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Let's see your GW35 team! Doubts, Fears, Hopes, and Discussions?

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I thought it would be fun(?) to see your gw35 team, and discuss what you are hoping for and expecting from your team given the rotation we've seen.

Here's mine:
FPL current.jpg
I got a bit tipsy last night, and in my stupidity I forgot all about the double and made two transfers for gw35. I now have to hope no one gets injured in their second game or I'll be effed! :roll:

That aside, my team and fixtures look amazing on paper, but with the heavy rotation we saw this gw, I think I'll be lucky if any of my LIV assets play, so I could be down by 3 players which will hurt.

The transfers I made were Carroll and Payet out for Pelle and Mane.

I thought about Costa and Willian in preparation for the double, but I wasn't convinced by CHE after seeing them against MC, so wanted another gw to see how they get on. That left me to go for Pelle and Mane as a one gw punt, and I'm hoping they can smash it against AV to give my gw35 score a nice boost when a lot of teams may struggle to field a full 11. After that I'll assess the CHE players and most likely bring Payet back in for the second double.

So let's see what you got?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Re: Let's see your GW35 team! Doubts, Fears, Hopes, and Discussions?

Post by Tall Paul »

Capture.JPG
Butland will become a playing keeper before the deadline. Pretty happy with it, not too worried about any rotation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

well i'm scared, this is my team:

so 10 players at the moment, but i think i can be sure now that Coutinho and Sakho won't play against Newcastle, so that leaves me with 8 players, don't really fancy -8pts so I think I'll make two transfers: Martial -> Pelle and Payet/Coutinho -> Firmino/Nasri/Eriksen/Mane ?

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Only 10 at the moment and can't be bothered to take a screen shot:
Darlow
Bellerin, Gabriel, Sakho, Simpson
Sanchez, De Bruyne, Coutinho, Firminho
Aguero

No fixture: Robles, Delaney, Payet, Martial, Rashford
No idea what to do, will wait until after the doubles. I guess I'll need Kane back though.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Will have a rather useful triple Spurs. Need to select a keeper for 4.1m though, either Darlow or Guzan.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I have no idea what my GW35 team will look like yet.

Basically I will have 2FTs and will replace Bolasie plus one of Smalling, Martial or Lukaku I think, that would let me field 11. I have 2.4m banked so the option of Kane or Eriksen is there. Actually I quite fancy adding a Chelsea player if I can figure out who Hiddink is likely to play. :?

Alternatively I might just do Bolasie :arrow: Alli and field 10 as that will give me an extra DGW player when GW37 comes around.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

As it stands, I have...

Darlow
Bellerin, Gabriel, Simpson, Sakho
KDB, Coutinho, Townsend, Sanchez
Sturridge, Aguero

Question marks over five of them... Not sure yet about transfers

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

Made a costly mistake during my last round of transfers

I had a choice between swapping Otamendi for smalling

Or Woodman for DDG - I had a hrrible feeling DDG might be rotated/Smalling would score this gw, so I chose to remove otamendi - i would have had 6 extra points and no need to bring Otamendi in for gw35 had I gone with the first option..

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Have a full 11 but will use the FT. Either on Martial to Pelle or replace Sakho/Coutinho since they dont play in the Premiership anymore.
Captaincy not set yet.
gw35.jpg

Post by Guest »

A horrible 7 only , will take a few hits to get a 9 or 10 out...

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

A horrible 7 only , will take a few hits to get a 9 or 10 out...

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

Vardy's sending off has given me a problem, as I was counting on him. Will take a hit now to reach 11 theoretically available players, though that will include Sakho and Coutinho.

Think I will have to go back to Kane. Teams in flip-flops (or focussed on Cups) must be a concern so I'm going only for those who really have something to play for, DGWs or not.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

This is where I am at as it stands (Ignore the Alli C) 1FT to possibly use. Possibly Martial out for somebody playing, leaving cover should Sakho/Milner/Sturridge/Aguero be rested
Screenshot_2016-04-18-08-31-59.jpg

nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nufctoon »

So I'm one player short of full XI. I'm probably taking a hit so I can replace both non-playing player (Delaney?) and Coutinho.
gw35.PNG

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Will probably do Lukaku and Smalling -> Kane and 5.2m defender. Possibly Walker or maybe a Sunderland defender.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

I can field 11 without a hit, but that's assuming Mignolet, Clyne AND Targett play.

So yeah, -4 this week minimum.
Last edited by BobMem on 18 Apr 2016, 09:37, edited 1 time in total.

wylesy
FISOhead

Post by wylesy »

Anybody tempted by PVA? (probably taking out Delaney). On the other hand a Spurs defender is tempting even without a double in 37

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

currently have this lineup:
Lloris
Fuchs, Bertrand, Bellerín
Sanchez, Özil, Firmino, Alli
Agüero, Mitrovic

last player will be whoever i transfer in will also have Daniels / Dawson on bench if someone (Firmino most likely) dont play.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Immagine.JPG
as a WC36er, I have 1FT and 1.3m itb

The obvious move woiuld have been Lukaku to Kane, whick I can exactly afford, or Sturridge, and bench Smith
Considering tho I might have wanted Payet & Lukaku in the WC too, I had looked at alternatives allowing me to keep them,
as I'd have lost 0.1m each in fees from my WC budget, which could have priced me out form some option.
So the other plan was like Smith to Rose, and no GW35 sub

Now the Vardy ban is a spanner in the already threadbare works....

Either I do just the Lukaku :arrow: Kane/Sturridge, playing Smith who "could" come back from injury ...vs Chelsea...
or I have to take a hit

could afford Vardy :arrow: Welbeck, but the Gunners quota is full...
would be 0.3m short to swap both non playing fwd to Sturridge+Pellè
rather than take a 2nd hit to fund them, I'd rahter then swap out Payet+1fwd, a few affordable combinations there, having to watch out for rotation risks

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Be taking a 4 point hit to transfer out Lukaku and Martial, not sure to which 2 strikers yet... Kane or Costa? Defoe as the other one?

Team will be

Mignolet
Monreal
Sakho
Morgan
Firmino
Sanchez
Iwobi
Mahrez
Aguero
Striker
Striker

4 non-playing subs

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

After I got obliterated with 35pts on the weekend, and now have Vardy suspended and Smith probably still injured, I'm unsure this gw35 team will now be enough but...

Mignolet (may have no keeper if he's rested again!)
Koscielny
Bellerin
Moreno (could be rested so Wijnaldum would come in for him off bench)
Simpson
Mahrez
Ozil
Alli
Mane
Aguero
Kane(c)

My fears are that I fall further behind in my ML by Thursday evening, currently behind 56pts. Leading onto my doubts that I can make top 20k now and challenge in my ML. My hopes are that I can beat him by around 25pts in GW35 but it has to be a high scoring week and Aguero probably needs to get 2pts as his captain, or get rested. :|

GingerMonkey
FISOhead

Post by GingerMonkey »

I took the gamble of going for Hennessey's 4 fixtures in 33, 34 and 35 (alongside De Gea) over Darlow's 4 in the same period but it means I'm going without a keeper this week. Time will tell, but it looks like it might have paid off, given Hennessey's score last GW and Darlow's clean sheet chances in GW35.

The rest of my team is a bit of a mess:

Simpson, Morgan, Bellerin, Gabriel, Sakho
Sanchez, Coutinho, Milner
Aguero

I'm considering Martial/Lukaku to Defoe or, depending on how Martial looks in midweek and for -4, both out for Kane AND Defoe. That would mean benching Coutinho, who I really doubt will play anyway (in GW35, 36 or the first fixture in 37). The alternative is dropping Coutinho for someone 7.5 or under but I can't see anything worthwhile.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

SFC_Fan wrote:Will probably do Lukaku and Smalling -> Kane and 5.2m defender. Possibly Walker or maybe a Sunderland defender.
This is pretty much where I'm at too Rose instead of Walker maybe. Need to look into that one more. Tempted as I am by PVA I may delay that move until Gw37, if at all.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Ruth_NZ wrote: Actually I quite fancy adding a Chelsea player if I can figure out who Hiddink is likely to play. :?
I was thinking of a Chelsea player in advance of the double but apparently they were dreadful on Saturday and didn't look overly interested. Costa and Willian are the two obvious candidates but I think I might go Kane instead of Costa and I can't get particularly excited about Willian.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote: Actually I quite fancy adding a Chelsea player if I can figure out who Hiddink is likely to play. :?
I was thinking of a Chelsea player in advance of the double but apparently they were dreadful on Saturday and didn't look overly interested. Costa and Willian are the two obvious candidates but I think I might go Kane instead of Costa and I can't get particularly excited about Willian.
No, they weren't dreadful, not according to some of my family that were there. Actually I assumed I'd have no Chelsea but if I thought Pedro would play every game I'd be interested in him. Some of them are playing for selection in the Euros and he's one of them.

Most likely I'll go without though.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
No, they weren't dreadful, not according to some of my family that were there. Actually I assumed I'd have no Chelsea but if I thought Pedro would play every game I'd be interested in him. Some of them are playing for selection in the Euros and he's one of them.

Most likely I'll go without though.
Thanks. I must confess the little bit I saw wasn't great but that's good to know. Suspect I'll go without as well, although Pedro is an interesting shout. The complete dismantling of Liverpool's team makes managing GW35 and 37 that much more difficult.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

I have 1 free and I do NOT want to take a hit.

Issues are Mingolet (could be rested), Sakho (could be rested), Firmino (could be rested), Nasri (could be injured), Martial (no game), Robles (no game), Smalling (no game), Deeney (no game), Delaney (no game).

To keep my DGW37 players I will likely do Delaney :arrow: cheap defender (4.5) despite the big rotation risks.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

tommyk7 wrote:I have 1 free and I do NOT want to take a hit.

Issues are Mingolet (could be rested), Sakho (could be rested), Firmino (could be rested), Nasri (could be injured), Martial (no game), Robles (no game), Smalling (no game), Deeney (no game), Delaney (no game).

To keep my DGW37 players I will likely do Delaney :arrow: cheap defender (4.5) despite the big rotation risks.
For Liverpool I don't think GW35 will be so bad for rotation actually. They have 5 days to recover before the Villareal game. The big issues will be in GW36&37 most likely. So, Nasri and the blankers apart, you might be OK.

Kirchhoff is well worth a look as your Delaney replacement. May not get many points in GW35 but useful for GW37 as well.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Kirchhoff is well worth a look as your Delaney replacement. May not get many points in GW35 but useful for GW37 as well.
Yes, thanks! - I think I was looking at him already. Of course there could be more carnage with a lot of games left this GW.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

the big issue for me is Aguero, and what his situation will be at the weekend.

I'm in the fortunate position of still having the WC so if it looks likely that he will be benched then I can take him out for GW35 and bring him back with the WC.

Will need to be sure though, Stoke H is a good fixture, hoping things will become clearer after the game tomorrow.

Still have my Leic/Spurs players so not looking in bad shape, should be able to get a good team out all being well.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”