To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Rashford or Martial

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Willij5
FISOhead

Rashford or Martial

Post by Willij5 »

Looking to bring in a Utd attacker, extremely tempted by rashford due to price and form, would enable a -4 for Aguero in for Kane.

But Martial seems nailed on and certainly has the class to do well over the DGW.

With Rooney seemingly back, who would this affect more?

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Re: Rashford or Martial

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Willij5 wrote:Looking to bring in a Utd attacker, extremely tempted by rashford due to price and form, would enable a -4 for Aguero in for Kane.

But Martial seems nailed on and certainly has the class to do well over the DGW.

With Rooney seemingly back, who would this affect more?
Hard to say when dealing with a manager like LVG, but in no particular order, the players most at risk from Rooney's return are Rashford, Lingard, Mata, Herrera and Fellaini. Noting the last two are bit part players anyway.

If you want security of starts and decent points potential then Martial is the obvious choice. The rest is a lottery, and LVG is the lottery commission.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

I should add that I think Rashford deserves his place, but again we're talking about a manager who dragged him last match for an under done winger who was just returning from injury and hadn't played in weeks.

Make of the what you will. For me it clearly shows he'll be at risk on Rooney's return.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Rooney can play as a 10 behind Rashford, the important thing for me is the Villa game, as that if anywhere is where the hauls are likely to be, will Rashford start against Villa - yes I think he will, and I would expect Martial would too (unless LVG wants to give Depay a run out)

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Martial is more nailed on and has higher goal involvement than Rashford, though the latter is more likely to bring in a haul.

Against Villa I'd rather have Rashford, against Palace definitely Martial.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Resonare wrote:Martial is more nailed on and has higher goal involvement than Rashford, though the latter is more likely to bring in a haul.

that's a fair summary, one thing I would add though, I think Martial is key to the United attack, so with the Semi Final next Saturday I wouldn't be surprised to see him get reduced minutes in the midweek game, Rashford may also get a rest, but like you said he could still pull the haul against Villa.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Gambit wrote:
Resonare wrote:Martial is more nailed on and has higher goal involvement than Rashford, though the latter is more likely to bring in a haul.

that's a fair summary, one thing I would add though, I think Martial is key to the United attack, so with the Semi Final next Saturday I wouldn't be surprised to see him get reduced minutes in the midweek game, Rashford may also get a rest, but like you said he could still pull the haul against Villa.
The league is arguably still more important to United than the cup. Or to Van Gaal himself anyway

PitchBookMaker
Treebeard

Post by PitchBookMaker »

bigcliff2 wrote:The league is arguably still more important to United than the cup. Or to Van Gaal himself anyway
Completely agree... if no Champions League qualification then LVG is surely out...

Dick Pound
Wideboy
FS Record: Top Top

Post by Dick Pound »

PitchBookMaker wrote:Completely agree... if no Champions League qualification then LVG is surely out...
He's out anyway.

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

Think the Semi-final does complicate things a little. This is what Van Gaal said about Rooney...

"He [Rooney] always wants to play. Yes, I think he shall receive more minutes but it’s always dependable on the game. You cannot say in advance that I give you 20 minutes or something like that; when it’s possible, I shall do that because we need Wayne in the team"

...so seems likely he'll be sub in both games this week I'd say.

Problem is against Villa you think he could pick almost anyone and expect to win so Memphis or others could make an appearance.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

what have you all decided then? I'm still changing my mind, one of them is coming in but really struggling to choose!

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Gambit wrote:what have you all decided then? I'm still changing my mind, one of them is coming in but really struggling to choose!
Quite a bit depends if it's part of a double-move. Rashford is significantly cheaper and would allow a better upgrade to a Lennon/Barkley replacement.

Straight in though I would go with Martial as he's more nailed.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Both decent options, but going Martial myself. Slightly more nailed, probably on penalties, and has a very good record at Old Trafford. Hasn't really exploded as yet either, but looks just the kind of player who could at some point..

I also like the price point in terms of maintaining squad structure and looking for replacements if and when necessary. Plenty of decent options around that price that wouldn't require major surgery elsewhere, whereas it's very slim pickings if suddenly needing a 'like for like' replacement for Rashford.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

i suppose that's an excellent point. in my case i could bring in rashford for lukaku and then de bruyne for bolaise

or i stick with martial and iwobi. i'm torn. the 2nd option is probably safer but the first is certainly more exciting. thoughts?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

slyger wrote:i suppose that's an excellent point. in my case i could bring in rashford for lukaku and then de bruyne for bolaise

or i stick with martial and iwobi. i'm torn. the 2nd option is probably safer but the first is certainly more exciting. thoughts?
Martial and Iwobi for security of starts, if it was my choice. Both could be potentially explosive though, especially if KDB was to start the next three.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Notned wrote:
slyger wrote:i suppose that's an excellent point. in my case i could bring in rashford for lukaku and then de bruyne for bolaise

Martial and Iwobi for security of starts, if it was my choice. Both could be potentially explosive though, especially if KDB was to start the next three.
Thanks Mate. I'm chasing a 12 point lead and i'm wary of taking points hits but this seems to make sense. I supposed i could leave Bolaise in and either take a hit to bring in a double arse or manu def instead which would add an additional doubleer instead of removing one from my team. Thoughts on that?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

slyger wrote:
Notned wrote:

Thanks Mate. I'm chasing a 12 point lead and i'm wary of taking points hits but this seems to make sense. I supposed i could leave Bolaise in and either take a hit to bring in a double arse or manu def instead which would add an additional doubleer instead of removing one from my team. Thoughts on that?
It's an option for sure, but puts a lot of reliance on clean sheets for those teams. Bolasie doesn't look all that promising for this week. Not ruling out something from him, but I'd be surprised. Replacing him myself.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Notned wrote:
slyger wrote:
Notned wrote:

It's an option for sure, but puts a lot of reliance on clean sheets for those teams. Bolasie doesn't look all that promising for this week. Not ruling out something from him, but I'd be surprised. Replacing him myself.
cheers and thanks for the sensibility. taking out vardy for lukaku and siggy for bolaise last week was a brilliant decision

Willij5
FISOhead

Post by Willij5 »

It's all food for thought, in hindsight it feels the importance of BB has been grossly exaggerated, but you never know untill you try.

I'm leaning towards martial, his old Trafford stats seem impressive, plus he seems to play 90 mins each time, where as rashford I see as being the fall guy potentially for Rooney as he has been withdrawn a few times.

Lukaku - rashford means I could do bolasie - de Bruyne for a minus 4.

Don't know lol

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

yeah, the Rashford transfer opens up more options in other areas, although I take the point made by others that Martial you could probably keep until the end of the season, but Rashford could lose his place to Rooney.

but then again, one thing for LVG is that he has played the young players, Lingard has held his place and don't forget that Rooney could play behind Rashford.

I don't know either, still time, but clock ticking!

Willij5
FISOhead

Post by Willij5 »

Pulled trigger on martial for lukaku in the end.

Leaves me with no hits and 10 players for gw35.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Likewise. Tony Marshall has just entered my team as well. Still have 11 for GW35, rotation permitting, too.

Willij5
FISOhead

Post by Willij5 »

:roll:Tony on the bench :roll:

Laughable.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Willij5 wrote::roll:Tony on the bench :roll:

Laughable.
Yep. Here's hoping for a decent sized cameo and then a start mid-week...

SneakyOne
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Highest TFF finish 38th overall 2002 /03 won manager of the week twice. Regular top 1000. FPL Nothing great once top 10,000 (still learning!) Recently finished 75th in TFF World Cup with only one entry, was leading going into the knockouts!

Post by SneakyOne »

Martial as my TC... weekend over before it begins.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

picking martial and iwobi as the safe choices over rashford and de bruyne this week looks foolish at the moment.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Maybe, but do you think DB will get a full 90 in the next game?

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

i think he will want another rooney 60mins to try get him in condition for wembley. mata or rashford will have to come out of the team for a rest. my bet is it will be mata making way

Willij5
FISOhead

Post by Willij5 »

Of all the weeks to rest martial, I mean seriously. Weeks of tearing up teams with the wildcard, another week of agonising over whether rashford will keep his place or will Rooney take minutes off him, Friday night agonising over whether to take a hit or not, these last two weeks have been so jekil and Hyde its unbelievable.

Fed up, I put so much time into this, only for a great potential differential to get benched and his understudy get the goal, not only that, he enabled an Aguero move that most of mini league either had or got.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

very surprised to see him rested this week, I thought the changes would be against Palace, he should be back in for the Palace game so still time for some points.

understand why his owners are annoyed, the only consolation I suppose is that there will be loads of furious managers this week and next as the team news comes out.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”