To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Wildcarding has ruined my team!!! (Strategy Reflection)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Re: Wildcarding has ruined my team!!! (Strategy Reflection)

Post by Weisenwolf »

So I had to choose between Martial & Rashford; what a Knob :oops:

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

I won't say that I picked Rashford.... :)

Willij5
FISOhead

Post by Willij5 »

I'm hoping he will come on for depay at half time, set up two and score another two in second half.

Lol.

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

Disastrous results for me so far with 4 players failing to start their games on my benchboost.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

berahino two pens missed. has that ever happened before? im sure some wildcarders would have gone for him. i bet they feel he's ruined their team!

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

mayweather wrote:berahino two pens missed. has that ever happened before? im sure some wildcarders would have gone for him. i bet they feel he's ruined their team!
Or rather: Gomes is on 19 points. Wonder if anyone TC:d Gomes?

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

Roope wrote:
mayweather wrote:berahino two pens missed. has that ever happened before? im sure some wildcarders would have gone for him. i bet they feel he's ruined their team!
ya but wildcarding that won't have ruined their team would it?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Roope wrote:
One team has him in my mini-league and is enjoying the gloat :mrgreen:

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Jon Walters. Did he miss 2 pens and score an OG, or score 2 OGs and miss a pen?
I think it was the later.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

BobMem wrote:Jon Walters. Did he miss 2 pens and score an OG, or score 2 OGs and miss a pen?
I think it was the later.
I believe that was it., yes.

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

wildcarding costs nothing so the damage isn't as bad as people feel. plus it is too early to tell. i had no wildcard but i sold kane last week for lukaku so my team is much inferior. but i'd make the same move every time. it is just bad luck that one of the season's most prolific scorers bagged nothing last week and is carrying a knock this week. the transfer will be reversed for next week. im sure it was a popular move and others will buy kane back next week.

it was always going to cause trouble with the chip system. those wildcard savers were always going to use the wildcard the week before and play their bench boost/triple cpt for the big one. i think you should be allowed use as many chips as you want in the same round.

Willij5
FISOhead

Post by Willij5 »

Had Aguero before I wildcarded, who did I take him out for? Lukaku.

Enough said.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

hope they keep the chip system as it is (you can't play them together), would be too strong otherwise, I like that compromise has to be made and chances taken.

I know the theory is now that WC then BB is a mistake, but I still think it's the cup games that have thrown a giant spanner in the works.

Without the cup games we wouldn't have seen the Liverpool rotation last week (and maybe more to come), without the FA Cup semi final Martial wouldn't have been sat on the bench, similar situation at Everton. Maybe even Palace/Watford will make changes in the week.

If you could get a DGW without lots of the teams also having cup games, which in most cases have become more important than the league, then there would be a very good chance you could see the scores that were initially talked about.

Will be very interesting to see how the DGW36 BB37 plays out, two potentially key teams - Sunderland and West Ham - have no cup games, and Everton or United will be out of the FA Cup, might be a better chance to get doublers who will actually play twice.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Willij5 wrote:Had Aguero before I wildcarded, who did I take him out for? Lukaku.

Enough said.
Aggy scores circa one goal every game, all this WC & chit nonsense has blinded many of us to some simple facts: top end players, in form can easily earn more points than lesser players whether they have an extra game or not. Largely because of rotation/rest, fatigue, other priorities, blah, blah...

Two games typically will not be twice as many points; they are playing twice precisely because they are playing elsewhere and therefore cannot be the best players playing at their best :D

I'm not lecturing, only just learnt this myself, don't intend to make the same cock up next year :D

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Mo Bot wrote:
I'm almost 200 points behind first in my minileague and I won't make that up. I'm only 120 behind 2nd-6th and none of them have prepared for this GW and will hopefully leave themselves short for GW35. Fingers crossed and good luck to us all.
Now 70 behind second and the comeback is on. 2nd, 3rd and 4th don't have Sanchez at all (and didn't captain Aguero) so a big haul puts me back in the running. Top TC'd Aguero and is spending his money already.

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

I'm quite happy with my WC/BB strategy. 75 Last GW (more than ex-team would've scored) and on 58 points now with 23 to play. Barring any further injuries I'll field a full decent squad for GW35 (for one hit) and have ~8-9 doublers for GW37.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I'm going to worry less about Tony Marshall and concentrate on being happy that I decided against my proposal of a Lukaku Martial Kane frontline to boost the defence and kept Aguero.

Willij5
FISOhead

Post by Willij5 »

Roope wrote:I'm quite happy with my WC/BB strategy. 75 Last GW (more than ex-team would've scored) and on 58 points now with 23 to play. Barring any further injuries I'll field a full decent squad for GW35 (for one hit) and have ~8-9 doublers for GW37.
Congrats bud, that's a successful wc/bb so far.

Not afraid of getting in the players with a view to taking a hit to sort out the gw35 team.

I personally went the other way and refused the hits, though it's looking like I will need a hit to field 11in gw35.

Personal note for next season is that one hit to gain a strong team is more often than not worth it, especially when there's a DGW.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I'm fairly happy too, so far. Wildcarded a week early which got me 81 points in GW32, followed by a slightly underwhelming 63, and then 48 from 6 so far this week. Can also field 11 in a 442 for GW35 with no transfers as it stands, rotation permitting. Feels like a pretty decent position to be in, and I'm fairly confident I'll be up on the three week period I was targetting overall.

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Notned wrote:I'm fairly happy too, so far. Wildcarded a week early which got me 81 points in GW32, followed by a slightly underwhelming 63, and then 48 from 6 so far this week. Can also field 11 in a 442 for GW35 with no transfers as it stands, rotation permitting. Feels like a pretty decent position to be in, and I'm fairly confident I'll be up on the three week period I was targetting overall.
Yeah, looking good! Fair to say some of the panic/fear mongering/"I told you so":s in this thread was a bit rash?

Currently assessing whether Dann -> Azpi and Delaney -> Simpson is worth a 4 point hit to field 11 next GW (obviously waiting for the end of the gameweek, also Azpi might drop in price soon so better hold!). After that saving all transfers to maximise DGW players for GW37 (WHU+CHE looking the most tempting).
Last edited by Roope on 17 Apr 2016, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Jesus, knew Klopp would make some changes, but :roll: :o

Clyne doesn't even make the bench.

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Owsler wrote:Jesus, knew Klopp would make some changes, but :roll: :o

Yeah. Rotation gone a bit too far with this one, IMO. But most people have one or two of Clyne/Moreno/Mignolet/Milner/Coutinho so I'm not taking Clyne being benched personally! Glad to see Firmino start, at least.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Lanzini also on the bench for West Ham.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

Roope wrote:
Owsler wrote:Jesus, knew Klopp would make some changes, but :roll: :o

Yeah. Rotation gone a bit too far with this one, IMO. But most people have one or two of Clyne/Moreno/Mignolet/Milner/Coutinho so I'm not taking Clyne being benched personally! Glad to see Firmino start, at least.
Clyne's not even made the bench :shock:

My 3 Liverpool players are ... bench, bench, nowhere :(

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

The madness of the Liverpool fixtures was there for all to see, do feel sorry for people who have loaded up on them, but was always going to be a massive gamble, I think the worry is now that GW35 will see the same thing, so people without the Leicester/Spurs players could also see no Liverpool players too, making GW35 an absolute nightmare

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

gw35 was always going to be an abomination as soon as Man C and Liverpool progressed in Europe. I do feel for those people who expected Man c, Pool to go out of Europe but at the same time, it was always a risk WC'ing in GW33 - with the schedules as they are and the squad sizes, the chances of this were quite high. Mignolet is a real surprise though, does he need a rest.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Don't know about everyone else, but I'm glad I kept a few good SGW players!

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

Notned wrote:Don't know about everyone else, but I'm glad I kept a few good SGW players!
Looks like most of mine have become SGW players!

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

ChrisD wrote:
Notned wrote:Don't know about everyone else, but I'm glad I kept a few good SGW players!
Looks like most of mine have become SGW players!
Likewise, to be fair!

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

Roope wrote:I'm quite happy with my WC/BB strategy. 75 Last GW (more than ex-team would've scored) and on 58 points now with 23 to play. Barring any further injuries I'll field a full decent squad for GW35 (for one hit) and have ~8-9 doublers for GW37.
Well it's certainly helped your strategy by selecting the right captain!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”