To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW34 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: GW34 Transfers

Post by From4corners »

I first opted for Lukaku and Mahrez :arrow: Rashford and KDB (-4) but now going with Rooney and Nasri (it's meant to be as it's right on the money!).

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

isn't sturridge a safer option than either of the two man u strikers taking GW 35 into consideration? or do people think he will be rested? he didn't start yesterday so i would assume he would start both. any pool supporters have any insight?

Adelante
Treebeard

Post by Adelante »

Decided to avoid the Everton risk and went with,

Lennon :arrow: Milner
Lukaku :arrow: Martial

Took a -4 hit.

However only need to make 1 transfer next week to field a full XI.

Appreciate Liverpool rotation is an issue in the coming weeks though with Sakho, Coutinho and Milner in my side but having Lennon, Lukaku and Gabriel meant to many potential non starters in my bench boost week.

My rival in my cash mini league has played his wildcard so this double game week is my chance to pull away.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Is no one tempted by Welbeck for Lukaku considering he has a double plus Week 35. Is it because everyone has three Arsenal already that he's not under consideration?

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Why would Klopp go with Sturridge over Origi? Can someone explain this to me. Is it his inexperience? Keeping him for the Europea league? He seems so on form at the moment.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

People do seem to be very extreme in their reaction to GW33. Is it really necessary to dump some of these players? I'm thinking about Lennon because he was the biggest worry Martinez had, but Lukaku, Gabriel and others don't seem so heinous. Similarly it's not clear why Man U's attack is suddenly a dead cert. Now I can see the point of switching, but not the points hits (now and also to deal with GW35).
Owsler wrote:Why would Klopp go with Sturridge over Origi? Can someone explain this to me. Is it his inexperience? Keeping him for the Europea league? He seems so on form at the moment.
Well presumably Sturridge is fresher and very keen to play to make the England squad, but in reality Klopp seems to be a horses for courses guy and I'm not smart enough to work through his reasoning. Unless other people are, it's still a little bit of a lottery.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Pretty decided on:

Lennon :arrow: Nasri

(Already have 3 Arsenal / Liverpool players).

0.2 banked, next week I will hopefully just have to use one transfer (Delaney for a 4.5 defender, e.g. Morgan), with Smalling, Martial, Deeney benched.

I still have several other problems with my team (Sahko, Firmino, Gabriel, de Bruyne), but I want those Everton players out for some players who can maximize my DGW34 BB score.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

wibble_mcwoo wrote:People do seem to be very extreme in their reaction to GW33. Is it really necessary to dump some of these players? I'm thinking about Lennon because he was the biggest worry Martinez had, but Lukaku, Gabriel and others don't seem so heinous. Similarly it's not clear why Man U's attack is suddenly a dead cert. Now I can see the point of switching, but not the points hits (now and also to deal with GW35).
Owsler wrote:Why would Klopp go with Sturridge over Origi? Can someone explain this to me. Is it his inexperience? Keeping him for the Europea league? He seems so on form at the moment.
Well presumably Sturridge is fresher and very keen to play to make the England squad, but in reality Klopp seems to be a horses for courses guy and I'm not smart enough to work through his reasoning. Unless other people are, it's still a little bit of a lottery.
I think it's simply because Liverpools fixture list is that crowded he has no choice but to rotate, he demands constant high tempo pressing and even professional athletes struggle with that when they have 3 games in 6 days or whatever it is. You then have to factor in that several of their best players have had little knocks and niggles and he want's to keep everyone off the treatment table. I don't think he will play the same 11 in consecutive games before the end of the season.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

wibble_mcwoo wrote:People do seem to be very extreme in their reaction to GW33
The landscape has changed. In GW33 Lukaku and other Everton coverage was highly desirable because of two straight double gameweeks on the schedule.

But now, regardless of being out of form (which they are), several Toffees have picked up injuries. And DGW34 for Everton is not as attractive as DGW33 was. SOU home and LIV away don't look very promising, especially if you have Liverpool defenders. Whereas ManU now have two outstanding home fixtures, and that nasty Spurs beating is out of the way. :P :P

Everton have nothing to play for in the league; they are looking foward to the ManU FA semifinal next week. Yes, Liverpool is a derby match but the Reds have some momentum after their stunning victory against Dortmund in the Europa league quarterfinals yesterday.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

tommyk7 wrote:
wibble_mcwoo wrote:People do seem to be very extreme in their reaction to GW33
The landscape has changed. In GW33 Lukaku and other Everton coverage was highly desirable because of two straight double gameweeks on the schedule.

But now, regardless of being out of form (which they are), several Toffees have picked up injuries. And DGW34 for Everton is not as attractive as DGW33 was. SOU home and LIV away don't look very promising, especially if you have Liverpool defenders. Whereas ManU now have two outstanding home fixtures, and that nasty Spurs beating is out of the way. :P :P

Everton have nothing to play for in the league; they are looking foward to the ManU FA semifinal next week. Yes, Liverpool is a derby match but the Reds have some momentum after their stunning victory against Dortmund in the Europa league quarterfinals yesterday.
Don't disagree, and there's an outside shot I take out Lukaku for Martial simply to enable Lennon to Nasri, but their good GW36-38 still holds true. It's just stunning how universal the trend is, with all these hits. Also, Lukaku is an expert troll, so you know if you transfer him out, he'll start scoring :)

raym
Kevin and Perry

Post by raym »

Over the next two weeks

Koscielny and Martial
or
Clyne and Welbeck

In both cases, also transferring in Smalling, for a -4 in total. The former seems better for GW34 but the latter would give me an extra option in GW35 because Clyne and Welbeck both have a game, whereas Martial doesn't. I should still be able to get out (a slightly weaker) 11 in GW35 even with Martial though, barring injuries.

A third option would be Koscielny and Sturridge, but that would require my third transfer in to be Fosu Mensah rather than Smalling, which seems risky.

huey
Red & Blue Braces

Post by huey »

I wildcarded last week, yet I'm considering:

A. Lukaku > Martial (free) An injured player for a DGW that includes Villa
B. Lennon > Townsend (-4) An injured player for a DGW player in form (but tough-ish fixtures)
C. Klose > Fosu-Mensah (-8) An injured player for a DGW that includes Villa
D. Mitrovic > Carroll (-12) A DGW rotation risk for the hat-trick comeback kid (I have no other WHM)

At what point should I stop burning up points, do you think?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Totally unsure about what to do with Lukaku.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:Is no one tempted by Welbeck for Lukaku considering he has a double plus Week 35. Is it because everyone has three Arsenal already that he's not under consideration?
This would also enable me to do Darmian :arrow: Smalling (-4) to hopefully get a nailed on Man Utd defender for the DGW.

Leaves me with the following :

Robles/ Darlow

Sakho Smalling Gabriel Delaney Simpson

Sanchez Payet Coutinho KDB Lingard

Welbeck Aguero Martial

Looks a bit more solid and only really concerns over playing time for Gabriel/Sakho/ Coutinho/ KDB which will affect most players.

Sakho and Coutinho both got a rest last weekend and should be on a high after the win last night so hopeful they start both but they look certain starters for the Merseyside derby at least.

Gabriel's place could be in jeopardy but even then there's a chance he could start the second game.

KDB - I'm pretty confident he'll start against Chelsea given he was a sub last week and the PSG game was on Tuesday which gives plenty of rest time for a Saturday evening kick off. Possible rotation risk for Newcastle but should get at least a late sub appearance.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Two main issues in my side this week - Bolasie who I had initially planned to replace with Milner and Lukaku who I am just fed up with. I think I've decided to bench Bolasie and play Mahrez on the basis that Milner may well only play 1 game this week. Next week I will bring in whichever Liverpool player hasn't seen much game time this week. I'm really tempted to bring in Rashford. It's probably not a wise longer-term transfer but it feels like he is just the sort of player that could torment Aston Villa. Judging by De Gea's comments I don't think Rooney will start against Aston Villa - the CPL game is less clear but I think Rashford will play at least a part of that game. Feels like a bit of a punt, but it is a form player replacing an out of form player.

PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Post by PokerGod1900 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:Two main issues in my side this week - Bolasie who I had initially planned to replace with Milner and Lukaku who I am just fed up with. I think I've decided to bench Bolasie and play Mahrez on the basis that Milner may well only play 1 game this week. Next week I will bring in whichever Liverpool player hasn't seen much game time this week. I'm really tempted to bring in Rashford. It's probably not a wise longer-term transfer but it feels like he is just the sort of player that could torment Aston Villa. Judging by De Gea's comments I don't think Rooney will start against Aston Villa - the CPL game is less clear but I think Rashford will play at least a part of that game. Feels like a bit of a punt, but it is a form player replacing an out of form player.
What has De Gea been saying? :lol:

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

is Lukaku & Delaney -> Martial & Smalling worth 8 point hit?
Last edited by tarkens on 15 Apr 2016, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

PokerGod1900 wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:Two main issues in my side this week - Bolasie who I had initially planned to replace with Milner and Lukaku who I am just fed up with. I think I've decided to bench Bolasie and play Mahrez on the basis that Milner may well only play 1 game this week. Next week I will bring in whichever Liverpool player hasn't seen much game time this week. I'm really tempted to bring in Rashford. It's probably not a wise longer-term transfer but it feels like he is just the sort of player that could torment Aston Villa. Judging by De Gea's comments I don't think Rooney will start against Aston Villa - the CPL game is less clear but I think Rashford will play at least a part of that game. Feels like a bit of a punt, but it is a form player replacing an out of form player.
What has De Gea been saying? :lol:
:oops: Oh dear, it's been a long week and I'm tired :oops:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

After much deliberation;

Bolasie :arrow: Firmino
Lennon :arrow: Townsend

All done for a -4.

Sticking with Gabriel and hoping for the best.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Notned wrote:After much deliberation;

All done for a -4.

looks good, can't argue with Martial (did you consider Rashford?) and Townsend, Firmino could be a risk but he's safer than Coutinho I think, and all 3 for only -4 is nice too :D

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Gambit wrote:

All done for a -4.

looks good, can't argue with Martial (did you consider Rashford?) and Townsend, Firmino could be a risk but he's safer than Coutinho I think, and all 3 for only -4 is nice too :D
Cheers mate. I did very briefly consider Rashford, but was always likely to go with Martial. Gut instinct mainly, and I also like the price point in terms of flexibility for future transfers. Rashford would be very hard to find a straightforward replacement for, if need be.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Barkley to Milner for me, a week earlier than initially planned.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Notned wrote:
Gambit wrote:

All done for a -4.

Cheers mate. I did very briefly consider Rashford, but was always likely to go with Martial. Gut instinct mainly, and I also like the price point in terms of flexibility for future transfers. Rashford would be very hard to find a straightforward replacement for, if need be.
yeah the Rashford price point is a worry although I will WC in 36/37 so I should be able to work something out and for DGW37 players then Carroll, Defoe, Origi are not too far away for whichever one looks the best option. As both Martial and Rashford blank in 35 I could possibly fix the Rashford losing his place with the WC in the next GW, is that a crazy idea?

acruxen
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 14/15: 1078

Post by acruxen »

Is Martial first choice for pens?

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

This my team for this gameweek and im using my All out attack

What do you think

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Lukaku :arrow: Rashford
Sigurdsson :arrow: Sanchez
Azpi :arrow: Smalling

For -4, Sanchez will get the TC armband.

Clearly there are doubts over lots of players from Everton, Man Utd and Liverpool. Rashford is one of them. But he enables the other 2 transfers which hopefully should be upgrades on the Liverpool mid and less secure United defender I was going to put in originally.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: GW34 Transfers

Post by eastcentral1 »

KTBFFH wrote:Please, someone explain the rush to get rid of Gabriel. I know he's not great but surely he will play at least 2 out of 3?
Only because I needed the Arsenal spot. With Lennon's injury I think Iwobe is by far the best replacement. I think Gabriel will play, but I have Bellerin to cover any Arsenal clean sheets.

Gabriel / Lennon -> Fosu-Mensah / Iwobe

Done for a - 4.

It will be frustrating if Lennon now plays, but otherwise this should be worth it on the bb and every point counting. Also frees up a lot of funds.

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

Rojo in for a hit-good idea?

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

Contemplating the exact same Gabriel to Fosu-Mensah and Lennon to Iwobe move as no Arsenal space without it. Seems a bit risky both ways though. Is Lingard totally out of people's thoughts for a reason? I know United don't score much but he's been regular now and has good fixtures (and wouldn't need a -4 in my case). Ah well a couple of hours to contemplate..

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

I'm keeping Lingard. Brought him in about 3 weeks ago and I see no reason to get rid.
I think Van Gaal is going to stick with the young guns, and Lingard had got in a couple of good positions in the list few games. He could easily get attacking returns this week.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”