To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The GW 36 wildcard thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Re: The GW 36 wildcard thread

Post by payetme »

Mav3rick wrote:
payetme wrote:Antonio or Lanzini? Antonio is playing OOP but hes still getting more points than Lanzini. Any chance he gets move up back to his attacking position in the upcoming weeks?

Also it would feel like such a backwards move if I do Alli>Lanzini when I did the reversal last week, lol. My team is going to shit.
On a wildcard I'd probably avoid both and go with Carroll (as I am doing).
Yeah, I'm not on my wildcard.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

slyger wrote:why are people WC'ing this GW instead of just playing the WC in GW37 and bringing in all DW players? Wouldn't you then in theory have two FT in GW38?
Bench boost in GW37

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Nailer6245 wrote: DDG Mannone
Bellerin Smalling Cresswell PVA Khirchoff
Sanchez Payet Ozil Lanzini 5.7m
Kane, Kun, Rashford

think I want to keep Kun - just look at his recent scoring, and City need to secure fourth. He'll certainly play the Arsenal game at home (and win it for City imo). Dropping Kane for Carroll is an enticing option, but means losing Lanzini (for Mahrez, maybe?), which would leave me 7m for my final midfield spot, but just can't see anyone attractive in that bracket. Hrmph.
The defences we all have are very similar and drawn from the same sets of players, I like yours and assume your're thinking along the lines of Bellerin out for Cathcart for the BB? For me the struggle has been in deciding how to play the Arsenal situation, I'd really been thinking that I don't want Bellerin and would play three mids, but the defence this week is hard to stack up without using Bellerin.

I think keeping Aguero is the safe move. I'm chasing so will bet against Aguero and will spread the cash around the midfield with the BB in mind. I don't think it's a mathematically obvious choice, but it's pretty much a last roll of the dice at this stage.
Nailer6245 wrote:What's your final team, Mav?
I think after much deliberation I have settled on

DDG, Mannone;
Bellerin, Rojo, Cresswell, Cathcart, PvA;
Sanchez, Ozil, Payet, Willian, Fabregas/Hazard;
Carroll, Defoe, Kane/Sturridge;

Bellerin :arrow: Smalling will be my GW37 transfer, so I'm just wondering whether Hazard has returned or whether to stick with the safety of Fabs. Then it's just Sturridge vs Kane. As I'm chasing (a massive 55 points off the top 10k) it feels like I should just gamble it all and go with Sturridge. The only player I'm not happy with is Rojo (as I don't think he will play both doubles) but I'm maxed out on Sunderland/West Ham, don't fancy a Watford double as I'm not sure any of the others are nailed on and the likes of Everton and Chelsea don't appeal whilst Liverpool defenders are SGW players too. That only really leaves Norwich defenders, and their fixture this GW is terrible.

If anyone has a 5.5 or less defensive option outside of the usual options, I'd love to know it! I think Rojo even when treated as a SGW player, is probably the best option.
Last edited by Mav3rick on 29 Apr 2016, 18:45, edited 5 times in total.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

payetme wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
payetme wrote:Antonio or Lanzini? Antonio is playing OOP but hes still getting more points than Lanzini. Any chance he gets move up back to his attacking position in the upcoming weeks?

Also it would feel like such a backwards move if I do Alli>Lanzini when I did the reversal last week, lol. My team is going to shit.
On a wildcard I'd probably avoid both and go with Carroll (as I am doing).
Yeah, I'm not on my wildcard.
Well, does it have to be Lanzini/Antonio? I think I prefer Antonio but Lennon might be an option, or even someone like Khazri if you're not maxing out on Sunderland assets (as I doubt you are if not WC'ing).

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

RomynPG wrote:
[color=#FF0000]slyger[/color] wrote:why are people WC'ing this GW instead of just playing the WC in GW37 and bringing in all DW players? Wouldn't you then in theory have two FT in GW38?
Bench boost in GW37
and NO, when you play a WC you reset all your FTs, regarldess you had 1 or 2 when you activated it.

You always have only 1 FT the GW after the WC

You can have 2 FT in GW38 if you WC on 36 and save your single FT in GW37

see also
viewtopic.php?p=2882576#p2882576
viewtopic.php?p=2882635#p2882635
previously in this topic

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Good thread this. I thought I'd settled on my WC squad but there's a lot of food for thought here.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

RomynPG wrote:
slyger wrote:why are people WC'ing this GW instead of just playing the WC in GW37 and bringing in all DW players? Wouldn't you then in theory have two FT in GW38?
Bench boost in GW37
Oh Crap! I wasn't even considering the fact that you couldn't WC and play BB as well. I have both available and that was my plan. That would have been very dumb mistake

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

MoSe wrote:
RomynPG wrote:
[color=#FF0000]slyger[/color] wrote:why are people WC'ing this GW instead of just playing the WC in GW37 and bringing in all DW players? Wouldn't you then in theory have two FT in GW38?
Bench boost in GW37
and NO, when you play a WC you reset all your FTs, regarldess you had 1 or 2 when you activated it.

You always have only 1 FT the GW after the WC

You can have 2 FT in GW38 if you WC on 36 and save your single FT in GW37

see also
viewtopic.php?p=2882576#p2882576
viewtopic.php?p=2882635#p2882635
previously in this topic
Thanks for the explanation. You would think i would know that as long as i've played the game.

HQ Manoeuvre
FISOhead
FS Record: 1566 FPL 2011-12

Post by HQ Manoeuvre »

I'm almost done. My last move is potentially

Kun :arrow: Lukaku :shock:

Try and talk me out of it. :lol:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

HQ Manoeuvre wrote:I'm almost done. My last move is potentially

Kun :arrow: Lukaku :shock:

Try and talk me out of it. :lol:
Can you guess which is Aguero and which is Lukaku :lol:

Admittedly, Aguero has played two more games over the period (7 to Lukaku's 5)

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Mav3rick wrote:
Nailer6245 wrote: That only really leaves Norwich defenders, and their fixture this GW is terrible.

If anyone has a 5.5 or less defensive option outside of the usual options, I'd love to know it! I think Rojo even when treated as a SGW player, is probably the best option.
Does it matter about Norwich's fixture this week, as they'll be on your bench? They seem to have decent GW37 fixtures. Defence has been pretty ropey, but may be options worth reconsidering. I'm more tempted by Brady in midfield, given concerns over playing time for so many other contenders.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Final day of speculating then. Some changes have been made from my initial draft early this week. Mostly it means fewer SGW-players then initially planned.

DDG - Mannone
Bellerin/Azpi - Cresswell - Fuchs - PVA - Smalling
Sanchez - Özil - Brady - Willian - Payet
Carroll - Lukaku - Sturridge/Kane

Looking forward to finding out if that's the best strategy in the end, with those problems WC33 experienced in my mind. It's still far less risk in it this time comparded to GW32/33, with only a few games left. Spurs, Leichester and City all have tricky fixtures this weekend, and there you find most of the SGW-prospects we are debating it's worth keeping or not. Aguero is the one i'm most worried about, but the funds are already spread around so much i'm dont know where to start if i'm going to get him back. I still own Kane, but i think i'm pretty settled to go for Sturridge actually.

I also have Lukaku in my draft, mostly because of his GW36-fixture. The only other player i could consider for his place would be Defoe, and then upgrade my Willian-spot or save it for a potential KDB/Hazard in GW37/38 for Özil. But for some reason i keep thinking of Lukaku, so i'm probably going to go with my gut there.

Since i'm planning to use Özil's spot as the placeholder, Bellerin seems to be one to get rid of. It's perhaps my mind trying to find the right reason, but i actually think a relegation-threatened Norwich could score against Arsenal, making the transfer of Bellerin easier to cope with. Who it could be is a different question, a Chelsea-player springs to mind, Azpi maybee?

Brings me to my other dilemma, who to play from my defence this weekend? Those not using Bellerin as a placeholder, are you playing both DDG and Smalling? If just DDG, why?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

roverinexile wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
Nailer6245 wrote: That only really leaves Norwich defenders, and their fixture this GW is terrible.

Does it matter about Norwich's fixture this week, as they'll be on your bench? They seem to have decent GW37 fixtures. Defence has been pretty ropey, but may be options worth reconsidering. I'm more tempted by Brady in midfield, given concerns over playing time for so many other contenders.
It kind of does because Rojo is in my starting XI so losing him brings in Cathcart, or the guy who replaces Rojo.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

how does this look

DDG - Mannone
Bellerin - Cresswell - Smalling - Nyom/Norwich def- PVA
Sanchez - Payet- Brady - Willian - Milner/Lennon/Lingard
Carroll - Kane- Aquero

any thoughts on the best combination? what about dropping Kane or Aquero for Sturridge? I have WC and BB left but I just don't love this team. I have around a 30pt lead in my mini league so i don't really need to maximize points i guess

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

PleasedToMichu wrote:
Brings me to my other dilemma, who to play from my defence this weekend? Those not using Bellerin as a placeholder, are you playing both DDG and Smalling? If just DDG, why?
DDG

Smalling / Bellerin / PVA

(Fuchs / Cresswell)

At the moment. I don't think Leicester will score, I'm thinking 0-0

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

sstaffsw wrote:
Which, of course, begs the question - why bench Fuchs?

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
sstaffsw wrote:
I know, but I'm going to punt on PVA's potential attacking points and hopeful clean sheet at Stoke.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I also think it will be a tight game, if anything I slightly favour United, their record against the other top 8 teams is very good. It's one of the reasons I'm keeping Kane, I'm gambling on Leicester not winning the league this weekend and Kane and Spurs being fired up on Monday night.

Aguero is edging out of my squad though, really don't like Southampton away sandwiched between the CL semi finals. Have been reading the City forums and a few are tipping Aguero to be benched, I think he will start but he looked tired midweek (especially the 2nd half) and even if he plays he will be subbed off early if City are winning.

Could backfire as he's a great player but hopeful that the money spent elsewhere in the squad can compensate and also don't think he will hurt me as captain the next two weeks as Sanchez massive favourite this week and will be DGW players who are captained next week. Fingers crossed it's the safest time to take him out! :shock:

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

I agree Gambit, I'm tempted to remove Aguero for Sturridge but it feels like a big move.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

I'm keeping him, but mostly for minileague reasons. Everyone else has him, none of them have a wildcard and they've all got Alli to deal with :)
Going without would be too great a risk.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

couldn't tinker any longer, might have done some rash punts, but here I go, Tx confirmed

GW36 lineup
Gomes (Mannone)
Koscielny, Cresswell, Cathcart (Moreno, PVA)
Sanchez(C), Ozil, Payet, Firmino (Antonio)
Lukaku :eek: , Kane, Deeney

0.8 itb
(0.1 fees on Kosc, Kane and Firmino should I transfer them out, 0.2m on Ozzie)

ready to take a hit for the DGW to replace 2 gunners with doublers

I of course have tomorrow morning to change further, I'd have to do it from the peephole of my phone

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

BobMem wrote:I'm keeping him, but mostly for minileague reasons. Everyone else has him, none of them have a wildcard and they've all got Alli to deal with :)
Going without would be too great a risk.
fair enough, just out of interest though, if you had no mini league concerns would you view it differently?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

sstaffsw wrote:I agree Gambit, I'm tempted to remove Aguero for Sturridge but it feels like a big move.
think I'm going to take him out for a safer option this week, and then look at the Sturridge situation next week, that could turn out to be a needless transfer if sturridge plays this week and then the double, but I think there are some other good alternatives and as I've said I want to get the right Liverpool player(s) and I'm prepared to make (waste?) a transfer to do it.

llama
Grumpy Old Man

Post by llama »

What are people's thoughts on Moreno?

He's not showing up in many teams on here. Is he too much of a rotation risk?

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

I'm steering clear of Liverpool right now but could be tempted next GW

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

sstaffsw wrote:I'm steering clear of Liverpool right now but could be tempted next GW
that's my view, I'm not ruling them out for the DGW but I am ruling them out for my WC

I'd also recommend people to go and spend 10 minutes on RAWK, have a look at some of their predicted line ups! :shock:

llama
Grumpy Old Man

Post by llama »

I have ditched Firmino. Tempted by Moreno though.

I'm currently on:

DDG/Mannone
PVA/Moreno/Bellerin/Cresswell/Rojo
Sanchez/Ozil/Payet/Lanzini/Mahrez
Kane/Aguero/Rashford

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

sstaffsw wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:
sstaffsw wrote:
I know, but I'm going to punt on PVA's potential attacking points and hopeful clean sheet at Stoke.
I'm probably doing the same although I expect Utd to score.

Hjuud
Kevin and Perry

Post by Hjuud »

WC used and currently on:

DDG/Gomes
Smalling/Bellerin/Cresswell/PVA/Kirchhoff
Sanchez/Payet/Hazard/Willian/Brady
Kane/Defoe/Carroll

2.6 ITB

Thinking of
Kirchhoff -> Chelsea defender (Ivanovic or Azpilicueta)?
Sanchez and Payet locked in midfield but what to do with the rest?

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

with Watford nothing to play for is there much of a point to bring in defs for the double? or is it better to double up on SUN or even bring in a NOR def. I guess the problem with NOR is there's rotation risk

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”