To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The GW 36 wildcard thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

The GW 36 wildcard thread

Post by pdhmobile »

Ok, so alot of people on here are doing a early WC. My plan is to WC in GW 36 and use bench boost in GW37, below is my current team that done well this GW.
current team.jpg
I have 2 FT plus the ones leading upto the DGW = 4. The team below has 5 transfers done which means a -4 point hit. It gives me 9 doubles and a team for GW35.
DGW team.jpg
This is my plan, thoughts??

For all of you who are WC in 36 or 37, Whats your plans/team etc............discuss
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Stemania on 10 Apr 2016, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread renamed as requested

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Re: DGW 34 and WC GW 36 plan

Post by Tall Paul »

This is my plan at the moment as well.

My 4 frees between now and GW 34 can get me ten doublers plus Kane.

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

I have 4 transfers to prepare but only Sanchez, McAuley and Aguero for GW34 (I have Hart too but looks like he's out). If I save the WC I could have 8-9 GW34 doublers with hits, but it's pretty difficult to afford them looking at LIV, ManC, ManU, ARS players (and Payet).

Still deciding what to do.

Looking at the proposed teams above, are you really willing to ignore Payet, Firmino, Sturridge, Oezil (inj.), Sanchez...?
Last edited by tommyk7 on 21 Mar 2016, 13:43, edited 2 times in total.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

basically my plan too. 9 or 10 doublers, 3 of which must be powerful Arsenal 'assets', and I might take a hit to get there. Depends on injuries.

But why are so many looking to hold Kane? No matter when you plan to WC, surely he's not an optimal player to hold until GW35. I'm looking to sell him, whilst he's being transferred in heavily! I can understand all the mug managers piling in after his recent goals, but why are FISO managers holding him over DGW players with arguably 1 better fixture at least? The combo of their high prices plus the difficutly of their fixtures make him and Alderweireld clear sells to me.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

No Everton? Their last 5 games look decent

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Valeron wrote:basically my plan too. 9 or 10 doublers, 3 of which must be powerful Arsenal 'assets', and I might take a hit to get there. Depends on injuries.

But why are so many looking to hold Kane? No matter when you plan to WC, surely he's not an optimal player to hold until GW35. I'm looking to sell him, whilst he's being transferred in heavily! I can understand all the mug managers piling in after his recent goals, but why are FISO managers holding him over DGW players with arguably 1 better fixture at least? The combo of their high prices plus the difficutly of their fixtures make him and Alderweireld clear sells to me.
The best, or at least most in form, striker in the league playing for a team challenging for the title. Probably the most nailed on too. Aguero and Lukaku aside, there are also a lack of inspiring alternatives in my opinion.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Valeron wrote:basically my plan too. 9 or 10 doublers, 3 of which must be powerful Arsenal 'assets', and I might take a hit to get there. Depends on injuries.

Probably because he's the Premier League's top scorer playing for a team challenging for the title with no European distractions.

Or, what Notned said.

On top of that, he's probably the striker with the best GW35 fixture as well (apart from whichever striker is fit enough to start for Liverpool that week).

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'll be here too unless there's an injury or two to some of my key players/targets. 10 doublers plus Kane with 1 hit taken is the current aim. :D
Valeron wrote: But why are so many looking to hold Kane? No matter when you plan to WC, surely he's not an optimal player to hold until GW35. I'm looking to sell him, whilst he's being transferred in heavily! I can understand all the mug managers piling in after his recent goals, but why are FISO managers holding him over DGW players with arguably 1 better fixture at least? The combo of their high prices plus the difficutly of their fixtures make him and Alderweireld clear sells to me.
Quite simply I'd put it down to the lack of great alternatives in the striking department in GW34/35. Spurs have a plum fixture in GW35, and getting him back would almost certainly constitute a hit too, so really that fixture should be taken into account too. I would guess it will be the case for many people, but getting rid of Kane would also cost me an extra hit on the way in (and for me at the moment I don't think I'll be able to gain enough with that extra DGW player to make up for a 4 point deficit and missing the Spurs' lone striker against (sto, WBA)).

I guess everyone's circumstances will be different, but I'd probably be getting myself something like an extra Payet/Liverpool mid and a Watford striker over something like Kane & Lingard - probably a DGW34 improvement even at 4 point cost. But Payet/Watford don't play in GW35 so that would mean a much weaker GW35 team (and/or an extra transfer committed to there) and I'm not super confident I can pick a Liverpool mid who will start both games in the first place. :?

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

I get the GW35 thing, that's probably the only remaining fixture I'll have him for.

The other stuff like 'he's the top scorer, going for the league, in form' etc means little to me. They've just played Villa and Bournemouth (h). They've got 2 tough games now, followed by a fairly tough one in the DGW. Vardy looks a slightly better option to me until GW35, and I see folk are talking about ditching Aguero now and he looks a much better option than Kane (though with the small chance of a benching) up to GW 36. In my opinion.

I suppose the key thing is I consider Vardy a cheaper hold with slightly better point potential than Kane until GW35, where he also has a decent fixture. Selling Kane instead of him enables me to have both big Arsenal mfds for the next 3, with an eye on GW34 in particular. I don't see Kane as the obvious captain in 35 either.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Never thought about selling Kane over Vardy. I guess the problem is one's in form and the other isn't really.

I could do with the money though, at the moment I'm thinking about ditching Silva ahead of a Man City DGW!

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Valeron wrote:I get the GW35 thing, that's probably the only remaining fixture I'll have him for.

The other stuff like 'he's the top scorer, going for the league, in form' etc means little to me. They've just played Villa and Bournemouth (h). They've got 2 tough games now, followed by a fairly tough one in the DGW. Vardy looks a slightly better option to me until GW35, and I see folk are talking about ditching Aguero now and he looks a much better option than Kane (though with the small chance of a benching) up to GW 36. In my opinion.

I suppose the key thing is I consider Vardy a cheaper hold with slightly better point potential than Kane until GW35, where he also has a decent fixture. Selling Kane instead of him enables me to have both big Arsenal mfds for the next 3, with an eye on GW34 in particular. I don't see Kane as the obvious captain in 35 either.
Since his slow start he has a brilliant 20 goals in 22 league games, remarkable consistency for a team with no other distractions now there's no way I'll be selling him.

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

Maybe not the perfect place to ask this but the people here might have the same problem.
Is Payet worth a -4 to replace a City Midfielder or Mahrez (Neither has too much money locked in them)?

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

I guess it depends if it affects your ability to field 11 in GW35. If not then it could be worth it. I would wait and see how City get on away at Bournemouth, it could be a great indicator for the DGW.

Geri
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Geri »

BobMem wrote:I guess it depends if it affects your ability to field 11 in GW35. If not then it could be worth it. I would wait and see how City get on away at Bournemouth, it could be a great indicator for the DGW.
I am able to field an 11 but you are right.
I was concentrated on Payet's good fixtures (and price rises) and forgot City got a decent one itself.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

I'm one of those planning on playing the GW36 WC & would be interested to hear what others in the same boat are planning on doing with their Arsenal assets. Much may depend on if they're in the title race by that point, but they have Norwich and Villa either side of a GW37 trip to the Ethiad.

I'm currently thinking of keeping Ozil and just playing him as part of the bench boost in GW37. Then with two frees getting two Arsenal players in for GW38 if their line-up can be accurately predicted.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

Current team is below:
Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 16.49.05.png
I've got two frees this week so have to use one. This might sound mad but I'm very tempted to get rid of both Kompany and Silva for Bellerin and Payet. Sounds crazy as they both outgoing players have doubles (if Kompany is fit). If i go that route with one hit I'd get seven doublers for GW34 backed up by Kane/Mahrez/Fuchs and Butland.

Team would look something like:

Butland
Bellerin/Fuchs/Rojo or Smalling
Ozil (TC)/Payet/Mahrez/Firmino or Coutinho
Kane/Aguero/Lukaku or Martial (this is dependent on the Rojo/Smalling decision)

If I keep Silva the budget is much tighter and I'd get to eight doublers with the major differences being Elliot over Butland and Silva over Payet. I'd have to compromise in defence too with Rojo and Monreal as my respective Utd/Arsenal defenders. So all that is leading me to just think the one extra doubler - in my case a GK - isn't worth it over just getting Payet and Bellerin in this week and getting a stronger Gw32/Gw33 side too. I'd get 11 out in GW35 with my free transfer (Alli back in most likely).

Edit: in scenario two I could shift Mahrez for Antonio/Lanzini instead of Butland for Elliot which would free up an extra .5 to 1m & enable bellerin or Koscienly ahead of Monreal.

Thoughts? FWIW I'm pretty set on WC in 36 so haven't really considered playing it in GW33.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

tommyk7 wrote:I have 4 transfers to prepare but only Sanchez, McAuley and Aguero for GW34 (I have Hart too but looks like he's out). If I save the WC I could have 8-9 GW34 doublers with hits, but it's pretty difficult to afford them looking at LIV, ManC, ManU, ARS players (and Payet).

Still deciding what to do.

Looking at the proposed teams above, are you really willing to ignore Payet, Firmino, Sturridge, Oezil (inj.), Sanchez...?
Im not willing to ignore them, its just fitting in them in regarding the cost, apart from firmino, whos injured. I could downgrade aguero to afford one of the big midfielders but aguero himself has a DGW. My team will possibly change, depending on injuiries etc. Call it a dynamic DGW at the moment, which could change week on week.

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

Could silva be sacrificed for the DGW for maybe a ozil or firmino??

Blacksunrise
Wideboy

Post by Blacksunrise »

pdhmobile wrote:Could silva be sacrificed for the DGW for maybe a ozil or firmino??
Yes, he can!

For Sanchez, in my case. Same problem with Moreno, with much less money involved.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

This is my home thread for the next few GWs too, although it will be 9 doublers with a hit for me in GW34.

I too am considering the option of losing Silva, but I'm not totally convinced yet as it would obviously drop my numbers for the DGW, I think I will give it at least the next two games to decide and will take a final last minute decision in GW34.

Sanchez as triple captain or not is really the thing I need to decide as it affects this week's transfers (of which I also have 2 frees), and also whether to jump on him for GW32 (WAT). I'm not convinced - he does feel like a good punt, but a triple C on Ozil with Ramsey or Payet in the team instead of Sanchez might be better. It is all a bit complicated by the fact that I'd rather Payet this coming GW and I'm trying to balance up the transfer budgets.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

I was leaving a backdoor open to opt for WC36,
having traded out Kompany to Dawson, I have 5 doublers, but the rumours of Hart's month-long injury might have set me back to 4, with 4FT to deploy running into DGW4
Of course I still have the chance to play the dgw with just 8 doublers, or to take the convenient hit(s)
Picking those 4 as of now tho, it's a riddle to me...
not forgetting that not having built up a great TV, the recent flurry of price rises is narrowing my "mainstream" options

WC33 just seems the easy lazy escape... :oops:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

dino1980 wrote:Current team is below:
Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 16.49.05.png
I've got two frees this week so have to use one. This might sound mad but I'm very tempted to get rid of both Kompany and Silva for Bellerin and Payet. Sounds crazy as they both outgoing players have doubles (if Kompany is fit). If i go that route with one hit I'd get seven doublers for GW34 backed up by Kane/Mahrez/Fuchs and Butland.

Team would look something like:

Butland
Bellerin/Fuchs/Rojo or Smalling
Ozil (TC)/Payet/Mahrez/Firmino or Coutinho
Kane/Aguero/Lukaku or Martial (this is dependent on the Rojo/Smalling decision)

If I keep Silva the budget is much tighter and I'd get to eight doublers with the major differences being Elliot over Butland and Silva over Payet. I'd have to compromise in defence too with Rojo and Monreal as my respective Utd/Arsenal defenders. So all that is leading me to just think the one extra doubler - in my case a GK - isn't worth it over just getting Payet and Bellerin in this week and getting a stronger Gw32/Gw33 side too. I'd get 11 out in GW35 with my free transfer (Alli back in most likely).

Edit: in scenario two I could shift Mahrez for Antonio/Lanzini instead of Butland for Elliot which would free up an extra .5 to 1m & enable bellerin or Koscienly ahead of Monreal.

Thoughts? FWIW I'm pretty set on WC in 36 so haven't really considered playing it in GW33.
Think this team looks pretty well-balanced - similar but stronger in defence to the one I am planning. I would certainly shift one of Silva or Aguero out - they are taking up an enormous amount of your budget and not contributing much at present.

Interesting that you are going Ozil TC? I'm toying with that myself and am struggling to see why so many people are dumping him (two price falls last week and looking on course for another one this week).

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

This looks like home for me as well.

Current draft team for dgw34 is as follows:

Schmeichel
Jagielka, Bellerin, Dawson
Ozil, Firmino, ????, Payet
Lukaku, Aguero, Kane

McCarthy, Williams, Martin, Mahrez

(reds are players I currently plan to bring in with my 3 transfers)

I must confess to a minor crisis of confidence in my team.

I had initially planned to downgrade Kane so that I could fill the spare midfield space with Sanchez or KDB but Kane's current goalfest makes that a questionable move (particularly if it involves a hit) - he also has decent fixtures in 33 and 35.
If I was wildcarding for 34, I'm not sure I'd include Aguero, Man City just seem to be in decline at the moment, but again it seems madness to transfer him out.
The ???? is currently a (max) 5.5m midfielder although I'm struggling to find any that I would prefer to Mahrez (I need to transfer Siggy out though to free up some funds). One option that is tickling my fancy is to bring Iwobi in and use the spare funds to upgrade Jagielka to Smalling. Very punty (especially as he is not guaranteed starts), but he and Wellbeck linked up very well on Saturday.
Apart from moving Bellerin in this week, I am going to leave my other transfers as late as I can.

Sorry this is not particularly coherent but my mind is somewhat muddled at the moment. Would welcome any comments though ;)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:This looks like home for me as well.

Current draft team for dgw34 is as follows:

Schmeichel
Jagielka, Bellerin, Dawson
Ozil, Firmino, ????, Payet
Lukaku, Aguero, Kane

McCarthy, Williams, Martin, Mahrez

(reds are players I currently plan to bring in with my 3 transfers)

I must confess to a minor crisis of confidence in my team.

I had initially planned to downgrade Kane so that I could fill the spare midfield space with Sanchez or KDB but Kane's current goalfest makes that a questionable move (particularly if it involves a hit) - he also has decent fixtures in 33 and 35.
If I was wildcarding for 34, I'm not sure I'd include Aguero, Man City just seem to be in decline at the moment, but again it seems madness to transfer him out.
The ???? is currently a (max) 5.5m midfielder although I'm struggling to find any that I would prefer to Mahrez (I need to transfer Siggy out though to free up some funds). One option that is tickling my fancy is to bring Iwobi in and use the spare funds to upgrade Jagielka to Smalling. Very punty (especially as he is not guaranteed starts), but he and Wellbeck linked up very well on Saturday.
Apart from moving Bellerin in this week, I am going to leave my other transfers as late as I can.

Sorry this is not particularly coherent but my mind is somewhat muddled at the moment. Would welcome any comments though ;)
Obviously I'm viewing things from a slightly different angle as an early wildcarder so forgive the intrusion, but I have that midfield enabler slot filled with Lingard currently. Doesn't fill me with confidence, but I feel I want at least some United attacking coverage given the fixtures, and he is cheap enough to justify the risk if they go all possession football on us again. Plus with a locked in (assuming no injuries) Lukaku-Kane-Aguero frontline and Ars/Liv/Payet/Mahrez midfield that's the only spot left really. I guess you're looking at him vs Lanzini/Antonio at that price.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Notned wrote: Obviously I'm viewing things from a slightly different angle as an early wildcarder so forgive the intrusion, but I have that midfield enabler slot filled with Lingard currently. Doesn't fill me with confidence, but I feel I want at least some United attacking coverage given the fixtures, and he is cheap enough to justify the risk if they go all possession football on us again. Plus with a locked in (assuming no injuries) Lukaku-Kane-Aguero frontline and Ars/Liv/Payet/Mahrez midfield that's the only spot left really. I guess you're looking at him vs Lanzini/Antonio at that price.
Happy to have your input. I'd wondered about Lingard but the fact that Utd score so few goals worries me and he doesn't have a game in GW35. Likewise the 2 West Ham players, both have been on the fringe of my side at various points during the season. I'm not really sure how everybody fits in the WH team when everyone is fit - Bilic seems spoiled for choice. I guess I am also slightly worried about rotation pre a possible FA Cup semi-final, although given the chance of CL next year, I can't really see that happening.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Notned wrote: Obviously I'm viewing things from a slightly different angle as an early wildcarder so forgive the intrusion, but I have that midfield enabler slot filled with Lingard currently. Doesn't fill me with confidence, but I feel I want at least some United attacking coverage given the fixtures, and he is cheap enough to justify the risk if they go all possession football on us again. Plus with a locked in (assuming no injuries) Lukaku-Kane-Aguero frontline and Ars/Liv/Payet/Mahrez midfield that's the only spot left really. I guess you're looking at him vs Lanzini/Antonio at that price.
Happy to have your input. I'd wondered about Lingard but the fact that Utd score so few goals worries me and he doesn't have a game in GW35. Likewise the 2 West Ham players, both have been on the fringe of my side at various points during the season. I'm not really sure how everybody fits in the WH team when everyone is fit - Bilic seems spoiled for choice. I guess I am also slightly worried about rotation pre a possible FA Cup semi-final, although given the chance of CL next year, I can't really see that happening.
I think all three of them are nailed, but I get your concerns. At that price though, who else is there? Just kind of a best of the rest spot, really.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Notned wrote: I think all three of them are nailed, but I get your concerns. At that price though, who else is there? Just kind of a best of the rest spot, really.
Probably true unless I restructure my team and I can't find any sensible way to do that in 3 or 4 transfers! [Sadly hoping for a repeat of Phillips mega-dgw haul last season at 4.5m is probably wishful thinking in the extreme]

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Notned wrote: I think all three of them are nailed, but I get your concerns. At that price though, who else is there? Just kind of a best of the rest spot, really.
Probably true unless I restructure my team and I can't find any sensible way to do that in 3 or 4 transfers! [Sadly hoping for a repeat of Phillips mega-dgw haul last season at 4.5m is probably wishful thinking in the extreme]
I wouldn't totally rule it out from Lingard, but it's highly unlikely!

Iwobi could be worth keeping your eye on. I doubt he's nailed, but he's started the last two so who knows. Could be a nice gamble even if he only plays one. The main problem being he blocks that third Arsenal spot, which most will be reserving for the Ozil/Sanchez double up or a second defender.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Think this team looks pretty well-balanced - similar but stronger in defence to the one I am planning. I would certainly shift one of Silva or Aguero out - they are taking up an enormous amount of your budget and not contributing much at present.

Interesting that you are going Ozil TC? I'm toying with that myself and am struggling to see why so many people are dumping him (two price falls last week and looking on course for another one this week).
Thanks for the comments.

With regards to Ozil TC I agree that it doesn't look as clever as a couple of weeks ago as his points production line has ground to a halt. He's blanked in seven of his last ten and two of his three 'hauls' were away from home. That being said he's got the highest points prediction on the FFS RMT tool for GW34 and he's still in the top five for chances created for mids over the last six gameweeks. Interestingly Silva is ahead of him for all the key stats: chances created/final third touches/passes received/goal involvment % over that timeframe, although for balance Ozil is still right up there in those categories.

Whilst I'd like to give the little Spaniard more time to translate those stats into points I'm not sure I can given my team structure as it means rejigging the order of transfers and taking out one or both of Ivanovic and Vardy before I'd really like to as it seems the 'wrong' move to get rid of Silva in GW33. Plenty of time to mull it over though.

Additionally I think I'm going to go with Koscielny over Bellerin for my Arsenal defender of choice due to his better baseline BPS score: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... c/pubhtml#
Last edited by dino1980 on 21 Mar 2016, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

if i go with the late wildcard my current plan is to go with something like this:
Hennessey
Bellerín, Dawson, xxx
Payet,Firmino, Özil, Mahrez
Lukaku, Agüero, Kane

Lloris, Daniels, Bertrand, Fuchs, Alli

this is basically what im on so far after getting Payet and Lukaku as expected, 2 transfers and 0,7 million left to figure out what i do with before Gw 34 if there's no injuries. I really want to get a united defender if i can find a good way to get one in im confident plays 60+ min both games. Dont see a good way to get Sanchez in so another Arsenal defender seems like a good option aswell.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”