To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The GW 36 wildcard thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Re: The GW 36 wildcard thread

Post by BobMem »

Right, I think I'm done.

De Gea. Mannone
PVA, Kaboul, Rojo, Ake, Cresswell
Sanchez, Iwobi, Townsend, Payet, Fellaini
Aguero, Kane, Carroll

Will move one of the midfielders to the best liverpool option for GW37. Fellaini if gametime looks an issue, otherwise probably Iwobi.

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

slyger wrote:with Watford nothing to play for is there much of a point to bring in defs for the double? or is it better to double up on SUN or even bring in a NOR def. I guess the problem with NOR is there's rotation risk

I was doubling up on Watford for purely this weeks fixture....bit now changed to PVA and Mannone as I think they are better bets.

I am now wavering on my "dump Kane"'plan and it's now a "dump Aguero" plan. It would allow me Ozil for this week. Still...feels scary

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Drew_Peacock wrote:
slyger wrote:with Watford nothing to play for is there much of a point to bring in defs for the double? or is it better to double up on SUN or even bring in a NOR def. I guess the problem with NOR is there's rotation risk

I was doubling up on Watford for purely this weeks fixture....bit now changed to PVA and Mannone as I think they are better bets.

I am now wavering on my "dump Kane"'plan and it's now a "dump Aguero" plan. It would allow me Ozil for this week. Still...feels scary
I have PVA and Mannone as well since they have something to play for. I was just wondering if it was sensible to put in Kirchoff as well? I would likely bench all three and play DDG, Bellerin, Cresswell, Smalling.

I'm still torn on whether to drop Kane/Aquero this week as well.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Iwobi to Willian or Mahrez to Willian? It's all to set up for the double. Arse clearly have a better matchup but I have Sanchez and Bellerin already

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

Mav3rick wrote:
payetme wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
payetme wrote:Antonio or Lanzini? Antonio is playing OOP but hes still getting more points than Lanzini. Any chance he gets move up back to his attacking position in the upcoming weeks?

Also it would feel like such a backwards move if I do Alli>Lanzini when I did the reversal last week, lol. My team is going to shit.
On a wildcard I'd probably avoid both and go with Carroll (as I am doing).
Yeah, I'm not on my wildcard.
Well, does it have to be Lanzini/Antonio? I think I prefer Antonio but Lennon might be an option, or even someone like Khazri if you're not maxing out on Sunderland assets (as I doubt you are if not WC'ing).
No Kharzi hasn't been doing much lately and I don't trust any Everton player. Not really fond of any other player. If only Antonio was moved back to his natural position.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I looked at Khazri, thought he played well against Arsenal, but Sunderland defensive options look the best bet and Defoe from their attacking players.

Now undecided on Lukaku, I don't want him for the DGW as I think the fixtures are very tough, but I like him for this week, is it worth picking him for this week and then swapping him next week (for Carroll/Defoe/Sturridge etc) or is that just a waste?

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

It's a punt-if you fancy it, give it a bash. Not for me like but it might work!

Took Kane out and Ramsey is in as my placeholder for my Liverpool man next week.

Done. I think.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Drew_Peacock wrote:It's a punt-if you fancy it, give it a bash. Not for me like but it might work!

Took Kane out and Ramsey is in as my placeholder for my Liverpool man next week.

Done. I think.
what swayed you on the Kane v Aguero issue?

I've looked at it loads but keep going with Kane to keep

jcurtis23
Kevin and Perry

Post by jcurtis23 »

http://imgur.com/Fn0c8iV
WC played (BB DGW37). Taken some massive punts as I'm down 30pts to ML leader so need to take some calculated risks (plus I thought f*ck it I want to have some fun)! FYI I fancy Leicester to score hence why I've put Smalling 2nd on my bench.

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

Gambit wrote:
Drew_Peacock wrote:It's a punt-if you fancy it, give it a bash. Not for me like but it might work!

Done. I think.
what swayed you on the Kane v Aguero issue?

I've looked at it loads but keep going with Kane to keep
Just a feeling really-nothing more scientific than that...will probably be wrong :lol:

Tonski21
Wideboy

Post by Tonski21 »

All done, end up going with:

De Gea. Mannone
PVA, Bellerin, Smalling, Cresswell, Olsson
Sanchez, Townsend, Payet, Firmino, Antonio
Sturridge, Kane, Rashford

Not particularly happy with it though. Thought i would be able to get a great team out but quite uncertain about a few players. Going without Augero also feels very bad. I'm just praying he gets rested as my main rival has him and he's on fire at the moment. Still 12 doublers for next week so hopefully i can hold on to my 7 point lead.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Capture.JPG
Here's mine.

Really struggled with the last midfield slot, so ended up leaving Mahrez there. The solid rumours of Liverpool's lineup this weekend featuring none of the regular first-teamers made things very difficult.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I found this community article this morning on FFS that examines the BP potential of the DGW defenders, based on it I've swapped from Mannone/Cathcart to Gomes/Kirchhoff:

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2 ... e-defence/

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

ended up going without Kane, so no Spurs, Leicester, City players in my wildcard- What can possibly go wrong :lol:

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Did my wildcard team drunk last night, on my phone, in a pub bathroom. :?

DDG Mannone
Bellerin Smalling Cresswell PVA Khirchoff
Sanchez Payet Ozil Milner Mahrez
Kun Carroll Rashford

Sold Kane, not sure if I want Ozil-Milner-Mahrez, but what the hell. Ozil can become some pool/Chelsea midfielder with the GW37 transfer.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Mav3rick wrote:I found this community article this morning on FFS that examines the BP potential of the DGW defenders, based on it I've swapped from Mannone/Cathcart to Gomes/Kirchhoff:

Read that the other day. I really like Kirchoff as a pick, and may well bring him in for Gabriel next week for a risky Sunderland semi block.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Was leaning to WC in GW37 but finally went with :
DDG/Gomes
PVA/Bellerin/Creswell/R.Benett/Valencia
Fabregas/Hazard/Kahzri/Payet/Sanchez
Caroll/Sturridge/Defoe

Bellerin will become Smalling in GW37 and Sanchez will be Firmino if Liverpool are out of EL, if not Pedro.

I'm betting on a Chelsea revival, at least 1 clean sheet from MU (as i'll have 3 defenders) and Sturridge playing at least 1,5 games.

Choose Gomes as GK considering his plum fixture this week.

Overall clearly an FPL-suicide if these bets are crap, but could pay off.

Went with just 1 Sunderland defender in PVA considering his attacking threat, don't understand the love for Sunderland doubles, they'll be playing Chelsea and Everton i'm pretty sure there won't be any clean sheets for them despite recent performances.

good luck to all it's been a fun season.

demolina
Wideboy

Post by demolina »

Notned wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:I found this community article this morning on FFS that examines the BP potential of the DGW defenders, based on it I've swapped from Mannone/Cathcart to Gomes/Kirchhoff:

Read that the other day. I really like Kirchoff as a pick, and may well bring him in for Gabriel next week for a risky Sunderland semi block.
It's an interesting read, but the phrase about lies, damn lies, and statistics springs to mind when you look at the FPL site and see that Kirchoff is yet to receive a single bonus point after 10 starts and 4 clean sheets. PVA is worth the extra 0.4m IMO.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Nailer6245 wrote:Did my wildcard team drunk last night, on my phone, in a pub bathroom. :?

DDG Mannone
Kun Carroll Rashford

Sold Kane, not sure if I want Ozil-Milner-Mahrez, but what the hell. Ozil can become some pool/Chelsea midfielder with the GW37 transfer.
The only bit I really would worry about is the Milner/SGW issue in your midfield. Obviously you can bench Milner this week and in 38 if necessary so that's fine, it's then just whether you prefer the CHE match that Milner would presumably play to other options (assuming he won't play against Watford).

If you would like to bench Mahrez, then I might prefer someone like Lennon to Milner as he has the nice fixture this week then the (tricky) double, or a good SGW player such as Townsend.

If you're happy to play Mahrez this week (I would be), then maybe just bring in Brady as a BB midfielder for GW37?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

demolina wrote:
Notned wrote:

It's an interesting read, but the phrase about lies, damn lies, and statistics springs to mind when you look at the FPL site and see that Kirchoff is yet to receive a single bonus point after 10 starts and 4 clean sheets. PVA is worth the extra 0.4m IMO.
Oh yeah, I agree. Brought PVA in this week myself. Easily the choice pick of that back line. Kirchoff/Kone look decent enough for anyone who needs the funds though, or a cheap double up.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

matmutte wrote:Was leaning to WC in GW37 but finally went with :
DDG/Gomes
Caroll/Sturridge/Defoe

Bellerin will become Smalling in GW37 and Sanchez will be Firmino if Liverpool are out of EL, if not Pedro.

I'm betting on a Chelsea revival, at least 1 clean sheet from MU (as i'll have 3 defenders) and Sturridge playing at least 1,5 games.

Went with just 1 Sunderland defender in PVA considering his attacking threat, don't understand the love for Sunderland doubles, they'll be playing Chelsea and Everton i'm pretty sure there won't be any clean sheets for them despite recent performances.

Valencia is a pretty risky pick isn't he? Third choice right back/utility player perhaps? I know that position is difficult to pin down but that's not a good pick for me. I did consider Bennett as well as a pure DGW player, but the Norwich fans here are pretty negative on their chances now that Klose is injured. Decent fixtures though I agree, the Watford game perhaps the highlight of the cheap DGW defenders.
Last edited by Mav3rick on 30 Apr 2016, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Notned wrote:
demolina wrote:
Notned wrote:

Oh yeah, I agree. Brought PVA in this week myself. Easily the choice pick of that back line. Kirchoff/Kone look decent enough for anyone who needs the funds though, or a cheap double up.
Yes, absolutely. Nobody is going to suggest picking Kirchhoff over PvA because he might get some more bonus points, but when comparing the combinations of Watford and second line Sunderland picks for the DGW the BPs are a pretty good way to split some hairs.

matmutte
FISOhead

Post by matmutte »

Mav3rick wrote:
matmutte wrote:Was leaning to WC in GW37 but finally went with :
DDG/Gomes
Caroll/Sturridge/Defoe

Valencia is a pretty risky pick isn't he? Third choice right back perhaps? I know that position is difficult to pin down but that's not a good pick for me. I did consider Bennett as well as a pure DGW player, but the Norwich fans here are pretty negative on their chances now that Klose is injured. Decent fixtures though I agree, the Watford game perhaps the highlight of the cheap DGW defenders.
Good remark on Valencia. Chose him as hes been outstanding in the last 2 games and i think the spot is his to loose.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

That analysis had made me switch Kaboul to Kirchoff. Have PVA and Mannone too :)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

matmutte wrote:Good remark on Valencia. Chose him as hes been outstanding in the last 2 games and i think the spot is his to loose.
It's very risky though isn't it? I mean Fosu-Mensah started in the FA cup semi and Darmian is there too. Why don't you play safe(r) with Rojo who should at least start 3 of the remaining 4 games I'd have thought?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

The 2pm deadline is a pain as it's got me tinkering again :mrgreen:

Wondering about going with Mahrez over Willian...

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Mav3rick wrote:
Nailer6245 wrote:WC Team:
DDG Mannone
Kun Carroll Rashford
The only bit I really would worry about is the Milner/SGW issue in your midfield. Obviously you can bench Milner this week and in 38 if necessary so that's fine, it's then just whether you prefer the CHE match that Milner would presumably play to other options (assuming he won't play against Watford).
If you would like to bench Mahrez, then I might prefer someone like Lennon to Milner as he has the nice fixture this week then the (tricky) double, or a good SGW player such as Townsend. If you're happy to play Mahrez this week (I would be), then maybe just bring in Brady as a BB midfielder for GW37?
Good feedback Mav, cheers. I actually did my defence on the basis that defenders 4&5 (PVA & Kirchoff) are only going to play in GW37 so I only really considered those fixtures. Should possibly do the same with Milner, although I think they might go out of Europe and I've picked him as I think he's a good chance of playing both 37 games.

Realistically I just cant see a decent combo for those final three midfield slots that I like, and I reckon Ozil with NOR/VIL and Mahrez are decent SGW bets. Wish there were some better options.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Also, as a general service announcement:

THERE ARE NO UNITED DEFENDERS WITH A GOOD CHANCE OF PLAYING EVERY GW, OTHER THAN DDG & SMALLING.

Obviously you can take a punt if you want, but at RB Darmian, Valencia and Fosu-Mensha will be rotated. Rojo is less of a risk but can also easily come in and out of the team. It negates the point of a DGW to be honest, especially if you're on a wildcard so you're less constrained by price.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Nailer6245 wrote: Good feedback Mav, cheers. I actually did my defence on the basis that defenders 4&5 (PVA & Kirchoff) are only going to play in GW37 so I only really considered those fixtures. Should possibly do the same with Milner, although I think they might go out of Europe and I've picked him as I think he's a good chance of playing both 37 games.
You could be right on Milner, and yes if Liverpool do go out of Europe then he could play both. I'd originally always intended to go with Milner but all the rotation issues put me off and I've ended up on Willian. I would prefer Milner if he were even 50% sure of starting against Watford though.
Nailer6245 wrote:Also, as a general service announcement:

THERE ARE NO UNITED DEFENDERS WITH A GOOD CHANCE OF PLAYING EVERY GW, OTHER THAN DDG & SMALLING.

Obviously you can take a punt if you want, but at RB Darmian, Valencia and Fosu-Mensha will be rotated. Rojo is less of a risk but can also easily come in and out of the team. It negates the point of a DGW to be honest, especially if you're on a wildcard so you're less constrained by price.
You're right of course, but I've looked and don't think I prefer a 5th choice DGW defender to 3 games from a Man Utd defender, unless you can spot one?

tenpinterry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 214th (15/16), 734rd (13/14), 650th (08/09), 507th (07/08) & 132nd (06/07)
Mail - 47th (11/12)
Telegraph - 98th (14/15)

Post by tenpinterry »

slyger wrote:why are people WC'ing this GW instead of just playing the WC in GW37 and bringing in all DW players? Wouldn't you then in theory have two FT in GW38?
A lot of people have bench boost left :D or triple captain

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”