To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The GW 36 wildcard thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
matmutte
FISOhead

Re: The GW 36 wildcard thread

Post by matmutte »

Mav3rick wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:
matmutte wrote:Was leaning to WC in GW37 but finally went with :
DDG/Gomes
PVA/Bellerin/Creswell/R.Benett/Valencia
Fabregas/Hazard/Kahzri/Payet/Sanchez
Caroll/Sturridge/Defoe
Valencia is a pretty risky pick isn't he?
Hope you ignored me and stuck with Valencia.
I actually thought about it and changed
him for Rojo. I think Valencia has shown again today that he's miles ahead of Darmian and Fosu at RB. I might bring in him next week instead of the planned Smalling.

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

Bit annoyed Aguero sat it out completely but other than that a reasonable week with the new squad.

Him not playing at all means i get Carrol off the bench too which is a bonus.

Just hope that Kane blanks tonight :o

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

In the end I went for:

DDG (Mannone)
Smalling Bellerin Cresswell (PVA, Kirchoff)
Sanchez Ozil Townsend Cesc Payet
Kun Carroll (Rashford)

Overall quite happy, particularly as Townsend was a late addition. Double United defence conceding wasn't ideal, though they were always in for the double and Bournemouth at home GW38. Ozil was always a place-holder to jump onto the most in-form Liverpool or Chelsea mid, depending on this week's games and Liverpool (hopefully) going out of the Europa. We'll see who that is, but currently hoping for Firmino.

From a FPL perspective City slipping up yesterday was also a boost - Kun will definitely play for them against Arsenal as that's now still an absolute must win, particularly if they go out of the CL on Wednesday (I think they will) and it also means United still have a lot to play for and will probably resist rotation for the double.

If Cesc could outscore Kane tonight that'd be great!

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

My biggest gamble from the WC team was Fellaini, and now he might be banned for the games I need him for.
Ake not playing means I may take a -8 the week after a WC!

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

Hmm...

I might forgo Liverpool coverage altogether as originally planned and just do Ramsey :arrow: Hazard for the DGW.

Double Chelsea Midfield :o

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

first Gw after Wildcard went ok with a good score compared to the template, if i didnt do the last day switch of willian+Sturridge to Lukaku+Fabregas it could have been even better though.
Now i have to consider if i keep Lukaku, i might just keep him as i feel transfering him out for someone else at the same price or lower is just a transfer to reduce risk, not really increase the expected points for the week all that much.
Also i would like to remind people to confirm their use of Benchboost chip so they don't end up disapointed missing a big score like i did in gw 34 with tripple captain. :oops:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

For those who had considered their GW37 transfer to be Bellerin :arrow: Smalling, have the Arsenal performance against Norwich, the issues with Spurs, Man City's woeful display against Southampton or the Chelsea performance changed your minds at all?

I still think Bellerin is my "worst" BB player, but I'm closer to shipping Ozil that I thought I would be. Kane too, although I think I'm happier to keep him as the alternatives seem to be Sturridge and Costa.

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

i agree with taking swapping bellerín rather than özil, but it depends how you rate the potential midfielder you can get in compared to Smalling aswell. I keep thinking my own situation over aswell, but try to remember above anything else that i want all the information possible from European games, press conferences and Potential Tottenham and Chelsea bans before making a transfer this week, because there won't be any backup coming in with the benchboost activated.

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

Mav3rick wrote:For those who had considered their GW37 transfer to be Bellerin :arrow: Smalling, have the Arsenal performance against Norwich, the issues with Spurs, Man City's woeful display against Southampton or the Chelsea performance changed your minds at all?

I still think Bellerin is my "worst" BB player, but I'm closer to shipping Ozil that I thought I would be. Kane too, although I think I'm happier to keep him as the alternatives seem to be Sturridge and Costa.
It's funny you've written that as I was coming back to this thread to talk about how I hoped that this week I could be all smug knowing what my 1 transfer would be (Bellerin > Cresswell) and enjoying reading the GW37 transfer thread with everyone taking about taking hits left right and centre. However, I've got a problem with Ozil. I don't know what to do with him. His returns haven't been great recently and I feel that a game against City won't enhance those returns.

I'm probably being a little too reactive due to the time of the season we're at but want to try and maximise my BB. The only issue is there is no-one else I want to bring in. I've even justified a 4 point hit for the Ozil transfer, as so many others who didn't wildcard in GW36 seem to be wanting to take multiple hits. But no-one is appealing enough for a 4pt hit just to be part of a BB.

It'll mean going into the GW with 13 DGW players, instead of 14. But as I can't find a good replacement for Ozil, I think I'm stuck with him - and then praying hat Lady Luck shines on me and he gets a goal and a couple of assists!!

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Don't forget he then goes on to face Villa in GW38 ..

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Yeah I've been thinking the same (and concluding the same) with Ozil. I'll have Kane, Sanchez & Ozil as SGW players, and looking around wondering if a hit is worth it.

Only Fabregas appeals - but do I really want three Chelsea mids and then no Ozil in GW38? I think not. There aren't really any SGW players I like, and Ozil is still quite dangerous (he was top of FFS rankings for creativity last week and better numbers than Fabregas over the last 7 weeks anyway).

Kane out for Deeney, Costa or the forgotten man Lukaku, again for a hit, could be ok, but Watford look pretty much done for the season to me with their manager on the way out, Lukaku has to have some doubts over his starting position and Costa gives me the three Chelsea players issue again.

I think I will end up sticking unless there is some team news that changes things.

The Baines goal last week put him a bit on my radar (possibly instead of Smalling) although I've not checked the numbers yet. Any thoughts on him?

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Agreed with all of that and I'm almost certainly keeping 2 Arsenal and Kane as part of my BB. Sturridge not starting and Liverpool getting knocked out last night was the only thing that tempted me to make a second transfer. It's not hard to imagine Arsenal getting a couple of goals at City, and with GW38 v Villa I think it's the best strategy under the circumstances.

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

Mav3rick wrote:For those who had considered their GW37 transfer to be Bellerin :arrow: Smalling, have the Arsenal performance against Norwich, the issues with Spurs, Man City's woeful display against Southampton or the Chelsea performance changed your minds at all?

I've made the move and sticking with it!

I need to decide on a 5th midfielder up to the value of £9.3M - the Liverpool issue has muddied the water somewhat!

Currently:

De Gea

PVA
Smalling
Cresswell

Sanchez
Fabregas
9.3M mid
Payet (c)

Carrol
Aguero
Defoe

Subs - Mannone / Cathcart / Mahrez / Simpson

With my BB in play.

I think with the WC in play i'll just take a punt on a DGW MF. Just what one is the issue!

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

I ended up with Willian in that BB midfield slot, I don't think I'd trust anyone really though, which is why everyone is thinking that keeping Ozil back for next week is a better idea. Is your midfielder for a hit, presumably so after actioning Bellerin :arrow: Smalling?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'd just play DGW Cathcart D_P, especially if it's for a hit. Edit: Wait I'm confused - I read WC in play, then looked back and saw BB in play. :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

yeah, that must be a typo, he used WC in gw36
and he used his single FT this GW already

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

:lol: sorry yes that was meant to be BB in play! WC was played last week! :oops:

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

I will be using my bench boost this gameweek

Michael Antonio :arrow: Roberto Firmino
Graziano Pelle :arrow: Andy Carroll
Robert Huth :arrow: Patrick Van Aanholt
Ashlry Williams :arrow: Aaron Cresswell
Sergio Aguero :arrow: Anthony Martial

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Is that a -16? I guess you're having to swap Antonio so you can get both Cresswell and Carroll? I'm not sure if I'd take that, and would consider saving the implied -8.

With so many hits, it might even be worth just putting XI out this week and BB in GW38 with the extra free to help out. Generally, the teams with good fixtures or doubles this week have a good fixture in GW38 too.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

The morning of the DGW. :O

Be honest, how many times have you checked you've correctly played your BB?
I'm on about 12.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

BobMem wrote:The morning of the DGW. :O

Be honest, how many times have you checked you've correctly played your BB?
I'm on about 12.
Yes, having that red cross box near active doesn't inspire 100% confidence...

GL everyone

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Martial in my BB team. Typical of my season. Worst case scenario this was, if there was any hint he was out I'd have sold him for Lukaku or Costa. But there's nowt you can do if injured in the warm-up.

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

Thought about a 5th MF punt on Mata-bottled it :x

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

After missing out in GW36 it was perhaps the wise, if unfortunate, move.

zerinot
Red & Blue Braces

Post by zerinot »

Drew_Peacock wrote:Thought about a 5th MF punt on Mata-bottled it :x
if he was anywhere near safe to start i would have wanted him aswell, but benched vs Everton before the Gw 36 WC and Benched vs Leicester aswell, so hard to justify transfering him in.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

zerinot wrote:
Drew_Peacock wrote:Thought about a 5th MF punt on Mata-bottled it :x
if he was anywhere near safe to start i would have wanted him aswell, but benched vs Everton before the Gw 36 WC and Benched vs Leicester aswell, so hard to justify transfering him in.
+1

I considered him for the 4th mid slot, but he just wasn't pickable with the game time risk.

Valencia though! Matmutte pointed him out and I totally dismissed him as an option, but he's been brilliant. It was the start for TFM in the FA cup that really put me off.

Drew_Peacock
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Drew_Peacock »

104 points all in-fairly happy really.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

121 for me this week on BB. All my players played 2 matches except Sanchez who I kept - think Brady the only one not to start both :)

2 points behind my SL leader.

2 transfers this week.

Nicely set up!!!

pdhmobile
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pdhmobile »

Well it worked out nicely for me. WC in GW36, bench boost in GW37, 100 points , moved from 7th to 2nd in ML, thank you very much!!!!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”