To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Double Gameweek Team List (GW33-37) & Example Template - (Final Update)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Double Gameweek Team List (GW33-37) & Example Template - (Final Update)

Post by Stemania »

Made sticky as requested:

GW33 DGW:

Crystal Palace (NOR, EVE)
Everton (wat, cpl)

GW34 DGWs:

Arsenal (CPL, WBA)
Crystal Palace (ars, mun)
Everton (SOT, liv)
Liverpool (bou, EVE)
Man City (che, new)
Man United (AVL, CRY)
Newcastle (SWA, MCI)
Watford (wba, whu)
West Brom (WAT, ars)
West Ham (lei, WAT)

GW35 Blanks:

Crystal Palace
Everton
Man United
Norwich
Watford
West Ham

GW37 DGWs:

Chelsea (sun, liv)
Everton (lei, sun)
Liverpool (WAT, CHE)
Man United (nor, whu)
Norwich (MUN, WAT)
Sunderland (CHE, EVE)
Watford (liv, nor)
West Ham (SWA, MUN)

Key:
Red - Two double gameweeks, blank in between
Brown - Two double gameweeks, blank after
Purple - Three double gameweeks, blank in between
Blue - Two double gameweeks, no blank in between
Orange - One DGW, blank before
Green - One DGW, no blank before/after

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Example GW33-37 template (Maximum total DGW Players) WC33 BB34 TC37

Post by Stemania »

Example template for DGW period:

Disclaimer:
In view of the above fixtures, the example below gives a possible team setup template for use over the double gameweeks using the commonly unused chips, and corresponds to the popular (Wildcard into GW33 - Bench Boost into GW34 - Triple Captain into GW37) strategy. It is in no way claimed to be the optimum way to navigate the 5 gameweek period should those chips be available, nor even the best realisation of this specific strategy, but will hopefully serve as a helpful guide nonetheless. It covers (if so desired) the only possible way one can field a full set of 15 DGW players in GW34, plus a full team of 11 players in GW35 plus a full set of 11 DGW players in GW37 without taking transfer hits. It does not (yet) take into account the Palace-Everton game, which at the time of writing is un-arranged.

WC33:
9 from Arsenal/Liverpool/Man City/Newcastle/West Brom (or Spurs/Lei if you prefer singles) that you also intent to play in GW35, plus 4 (inc exactly 1 GK) from Everton/Man United/Watford/West Ham. Then 2 final supplementary spillover picks from any doubler team (inc Crystal Palace).

BB34:
Roll transfer in run up - field everyone with BB (so 13 regular doublers (or doublers + Spurs/Leicester) plus the 2 spillover).

GW35:
Replace the 2 spillover players* with players from Chelsea (/Sunderland, but they play Arsenal so should probably be avoided) in run up. Field 11 with no subs - the original 9 plus the 2 spillover slots. Bench the 4 from Everton/Man United/Watford/West Ham.

GW36-37:
GW36-37 use remaining transfers to sell any players from your original 9 (but not Liverpool) to get a further 2 from Chelsea/Everton/Liverpool/Man United/Norwich/Sunderland/Watford/West Ham.

TC37:
Field your combined new 4 from Chelsea/Everton/Liverpool/Man United/Norwich/Sunderland/Watford/West Ham with your 4 originals from Everton/Man United/Watford/West Ham. Adding the Liverpool players you had in your original 9 gives 8-11 doublers for DGW37 (depending on your Liverpool quota). Play TC if available.

*if a spillover player plays in GW35 then you could roll one transfer to the GW36-37 set, so long as the 4 transfers in between 34-37 are all used for GW37 doublers. For preciseness, any Liverpool players should always be counted in the '9', not as spillover, (and Palace players always in spillover).

Key:
Red - Two double gameweeks, blank in between
Brown - Two double gameweeks, blank after
Purple - Three double gameweeks, blank in between
Blue - Two double gameweeks, no blank in between
Orange - One DGW, blank before
Green - One DGW, no blank before/after

Edit: Colours updated to take into account arrangement of Palace vs Everton in GW33. As a result of this date, whilst this template still covers a way to achieve the maximal number of combined doublers with no hits over the three DGW period, the template is no longer unique. One doubler must be missing from either GW33 or GW37, or a single player missing from GW35. If you wish to have 3 Palace players then the third can happily be included in the 'red 4' to essentially keep the same maximum but attain that particular double in GW33 rather than GW37.

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Re: Double Gameweek Team List (GW34-37)

Post by Robin Write »

Awesome.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Robin Write wrote:Awesome.
Indeed... and like having a tribute band playing your own greatest hits from a few years back! :D

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

Mr Clarinet wrote:
Robin Write wrote:Awesome.
Indeed... and like having a tribute band playing your own greatest hits from a few years back! :D
The Missing Fixtures Thread...

<shudders>

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Thank you Stemania. I think that is your best post in FISO, it's so easy to make my plans with this table.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote:Thank you Stemania. I think that is your best post in FISO, it's so easy to make my plans with this table.
Let's be honest, it wasn't exactly a difficult category to come out on top of. :lol:

BTW, would people appreciate the GW33 'stemplate' thing here too, or is that too obscure for widespread use? Could easily add that and any templates for other strategys if/when posters come up with them.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Blimey! :D

I'm well sorted. :mrgreen:

SFC_Fan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: 1276, 1804, 2924, 9139, 18292, 22,120.

Post by SFC_Fan »

Stemania wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:Thank you Stemania. I think that is your best post in FISO, it's so easy to make my plans with this table.
Let's be honest, it wasn't exactly a difficult category to come out on top of. :lol:

BTW, would people appreciate the GW33 'stemplate' thing here too, or is that too obscure for widespread use? Could easily add that and any templates for other strategys if/when posters come up with them.
I've already got the STEMPLATE saved. Think it would be a good inclusion though.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

OK, done. :D

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Re: Double Gameweek Team List (GW34-37) & Example Template

Post by jimwinn »

I remember this one from several years of knacking my squad to get double teams in

Don't you end up with players from 4 or 5 teams and spend the rest of the season sorting it

The template idea is impressive but it's not for me

There are several variables that make it untemplatable

Form, rotation, injuries, cups etc

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Double Gameweek Team List (GW34-37) & Example Template

Post by Curmudgeon »

jimwinn wrote:I remember this one from several years of knacking my squad to get double teams in

Don't you end up with players from 4 or 5 teams and spend the rest of the season sorting it

The template idea is impressive but it's not for me

There are several variables that make it untemplatable

Form, rotation, injuries, cups etc
You have summarised the principal reasons I am wildcarding in W36 before DGW37 with 2FT to manage the final GameWeek. :wink:

My brain would hurt trying to manage more weeks than that! :cry:

Even with Stem's assistance. 8-)

KTBFFH
FISOhead
FS Record: 636th (2014/15)

Re: Double Gameweek Team List (GW33-37) & Example Template - (Final Update)

Post by KTBFFH »

Outstanding thread, thank you!

Hödi
Treebeard

Post by Hödi »

Wow - FISO can be helpful - thank you!

H1P5TA
Treebeard

Post by H1P5TA »

Ahhhhh ok.

This is tremendous. My headache just lifted. :mrgreen:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”