To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Blank week team planning (GW 27)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Blank week team planning (GW 27)

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

The fixtures currently stand as

WestHam vs Sunderland
Leicester vs Norwich
Soton vs Chelsea
Stoke vs Villa
Watford vs Bournemouth
WBA vs Palace
Utd vs Arsenal
Spurs vs Swansea

With no other teams playing (City, Liverpool, Watford, Everton..)

I have two ft, so I'll be making transfers for the next two weeks with this in mind, with the most likely beneficiaries being Leicester and Stoke

Leicester having
Norwich H
WBA H
Watford A
Newcastle H

From 27 onwards - so simpson might actually come off of my bench :oops:

And stoke having

Bournemouth A
Villa H
Newcastle H

From GW 26

For me, this probably means Mahrez > Barkley, and either Wollscheid > Moreno, or if I am brave (and im not) Arnie > Toure

How will you guys be shaping your team, if at all? Rolling?

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Blank week team planning (GW 27)

Post by Pulpy »

Needs an edit - Newcastle have a blank GW27 not Watford.

I'll probably ditch Barkley tonight for Arnie (though tempted to go Alli instead on a short term move) and may bring Forster in as I only have Elliot as a playing keeper.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

As mentioned in the GW25 transfer thread I'm planning on getting rid of Hart and Silva this GW (2FT) for Forster and Sanchez.
Possibly transferring Vardy back in sometime shortly depending on Lukaku form tonight/next GW and swapping Moreno out before GW27 for a stoke defender

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Currently I can field ten men, with Aguero/Lukaku/Moreno/Jagielka all blanking. Aguero stays regardless, but the other three are all expendable. Tentative plans are at least one of the defenders to Simpson or Huth at some point (most likely this week), and then Lukaku to Vardy after the next two. So I'm looking at fielding a 3-5-2, hopefully with one playing sub and Kane/Vardy vying for captaincy.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Currently have Aguero/Lukaku/KDB/Jagielka and 4 transfers to use. Planning to do KDB to Firmino this week which keeps the number of blanks at 4. Will probably bring Vardy in for Lukaku/Aguero (depending on what happens in FAC5) and a Leicester defender for Martin (who might as well be a blank). Leaves me with a stronger team, 3 blanks and a spare transfer to sort any issues which come up between now and then. Also improves my side looking towards GW30.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

You guys talk about maybe transferring Lukaku out and I'm thinking about that as well, but his fixtures just before and after the blank week (GW27) seem to good...
GW 25: stk
GW 26: WBA
GW 27: -
GW 28: avl
GW 29: WHU

I think I'll just go with Yaya :arrow: Sigurdsson/Antonio/Lingard/Firmino/Sanchez.
Which leaves me with only Agüero and Lukaku blanking in GW 27.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Joccki_10 wrote:You guys talk about maybe transferring Lukaku out and I'm thinking about that as well, but his fixtures just before and after the blank week (GW27) seem to good...

I think I'll just go with Yaya :arrow: Sigurdsson/Antonio/Lingard/Firmino/Sanchez.
Yeah Lukaku still has good fixtures for sure. I'm certainly holding him for the next two at least, with Vardy having City and Arsenal away. Finding it hard to ignore for GW27 though, albeit he has a nice pair of fixtures to follow too. Will play it by ear and see where we're at in a couple of weeks, but as it stands that is my likely GW27 transfer.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Currently have Aguero/Lukaku/Moreno who blank.

Lukaku is probably going to go this week for Costa and Moreno will almost certainly go in GW27 for a Stoke defender or Cedric. If Stanislas is still injured he'll become Drinkwater.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Joccki_10 wrote:You guys talk about maybe transferring Lukaku out and I'm thinking about that as well, but his fixtures just before and after the blank week (GW27) seem to good...

The problem for me is not just GW27 but GW30 as well - both Lukaku and Aguero could miss 2 weeks out of 4 which is quite a dent. Unfortunately, both play Aston Villa in GW28/29.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Post by Le Red »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:

The problem for me is not just GW27 but GW30 as well - both Lukaku and Aguero could miss 2 weeks out of 4 which is quite a dent. Unfortunately, both play Aston Villa in GW28/29.
That's one way to see it, but I think both have a good chance of featuring on GW30. Even if they don't, they have just one blank fixture in the next 5 (although Aguero could have more by what I've read).
I have both and I wouldn't sell based on the next 5 fixtures, unless it is confirmed that Aguero will miss more than GW27/30.

MadasHell
Wideboy
FS Record: Agadoo

Post by MadasHell »

@ Le Red, et al,

Its fair to say that Vardy's short-term fixtures (after the next 2, and you wouldn't look to make the switch from Lukaku until then) are just as favorable.

Its a watch and wait for me, and try to bank a free transfer in the meantime.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Crumbs, I've just looked again at my draft team for GW27 and I realised that I have 10 players playing at home. Has anyone ever managed a complete sweep of home players?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:Crumbs, I've just looked again at my draft team for GW27 and I realised that I have 10 players playing at home. Has anyone ever managed a complete sweep of home players?
Could be a nice haul for you mate if the stereotypical home/away performance ration rings true!

My two transfers this week enable a full team for GW27 now, with two transfers left to cover any injuries and hopefully get a playing sub or two. Currently looks like;

Butland
Dawson, Walker, Ward
Sanchez, Payet, Arnautovic, Mahrez, Alli
Kane, Vardy

(Rudd, Aguero, Moreno, Jagielka)

Actually really like the look of that given fixtures etc. Tentative plans are to remove at least one of the blank defenders for someone with a strong fixture, most likely benching Ward as a result.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Notned wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:Crumbs, I've just looked again at my draft team for GW27 and I realised that I have 10 players playing at home. Has anyone ever managed a complete sweep of home players?
Could be a nice haul for you mate if the stereotypical home/away performance ration rings true!

My two transfers this week enable a full team for GW27 now, with two transfers left to cover any injuries and hopefully get a playing sub or two. Currently looks like;

Butland
Dawson, Walker, Ward
Kane, Vardy

Actually really like the look of that given fixtures etc. Tentative plans are to remove at least one of the blank defenders for someone with a strong fixture, most likely benching Ward as a result.
Looking very nice. This is mine.

De Gea (ARS),
Cresswell (SUN), Aldiweireld (SWA), Dawson (CPL), Fuchs (NOR)
Mahrez (NOR), Ozil (mun), Arnoutovic (AVL), Payet (SUN)
Ighalo (BOU), Vardy (NOR)

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but I really need a good week and I hope that this is the team to deliver it.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Looks nice that team too mate. Hopefully the potential for a decent score for us both, and a decent chance to make up some ground on the more casual players.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

Notned wrote:Looks nice that team too mate. Hopefully the potential for a decent score for us both, and a decent chance to make up some ground on the more casual players.
I really need a huge week at some point as at the moment I am treading water.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Notned wrote:Looks nice that team too mate. Hopefully the potential for a decent score for us both, and a decent chance to make up some ground on the more casual players.
I really need a huge week at some point as at the moment I am treading water.
I know that feeling! Had a few green arrows of late but nothing to really write home about, and this week was a big anti-climax!

huey
Red & Blue Braces

Post by huey »

Notned wrote:

Butland
Dawson, Walker, Ward
Kane, Vardy

Notned, it seems we have very similar tactics and teams - again. I decided to replace Lukaku with Vardy despite challenging fixtures.

This is how I plan my team to look:

Schmeichel
Dawson, Alderweireld, Dann
Kane, Vardy

(Rudd, Aguero, Daniels, Targett)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

huey wrote:
Notned wrote:

Butland
Dawson, Walker, Ward
Kane, Vardy

Notned, it seems we have very similar tactics and teams - again. I decided to replace Lukaku with Vardy despite challenging fixtures.

This is how I plan my team to look:

Schmeichel
Dawson, Alderweireld, Dann
Kane, Vardy

(Rudd, Aguero, Daniels, Targett)
It seems so, mate! Great minds and all that, hey? :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”