To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Imbula

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Gagagogo
Treebeard

Imbula

Post by Gagagogo »

Is he any good? :)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Imbula

Post by Stemania »

Very good player by all accounts, but a defensive midfielder, which even at 5m in FPL money makes him pretty useless as a pick. Might help Stoke's defensive resoluteness at a time they're missing Shawcross though. :D

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

To break the club record fee for him, Hughes must be pretty confident he can perform the role required of him in that shielding/holding role.

Like most new players to the epl you really never know how they'll adapt, but I'm guessing he'll be a fairly able ball winner and distributor for that kind of money.

Like Stem said, he's not fpl relevant but may bring a Shawcross'less back 4 and Butland back on the radar for CS potential.

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

Not at all convincing at my Porto, maybe at the team's tactic system fault. He was our biggest signing ever (money wise) and couldn't cope with his huge price tag. The Champions League home game against Chelsea was by far his best performance for us, in all other games he was quite poor.
Seems to me more a box to box than a pure defensive midfielder, has lots of pace, good skills and a strong left foot and I can see him playing much better for a more direct and counter attacking side like Stoke as he seems to need some free space in front of him.
I reckon he'll play in Afellay's place (or rotating with him) with Whelan remaining in the more defensive spot.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Very insightful post that Albert_ini, thanks. :D

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

Stemania wrote:Very insightful post that Albert_ini, thanks. :D
No problem 8-)

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

He's basically Ramires

So no

Stay away

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I concur with NoEyeDeer, Stemania and Albert. Definitely not a viable FPL pick himself at this point, but certainly brings other Stoke assets onto the radar. Especially given their upcoming fixtures. Should provide solid cover for the defenders, and provide a good base for their attack to build on too.

I welcome the signing as a Butland and Arnautovic owner, anyway.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Notned wrote:I concur with NoEyeDeer, Stemania and Albert. Definitely not a viable FPL pick himself at this point, but certainly brings other Stoke assets onto the radar. Especially given their upcoming fixtures. Should provide solid cover for the defenders, and provide a good base for their attack to build on too.

Given their form I'm finding it hard to get excited about Stoke at the moment. Consequently Arnautovic has taken up residence on my bench until GW27. Was planning to get Butland in for the GW27-30 run but think I'll stick with DDG for the moment. Mind you if they start to look more solid over the next couple of weeks, I may yet have third or fourth thoughts.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
Notned wrote:I concur with NoEyeDeer, Stemania and Albert. Definitely not a viable FPL pick himself at this point, but certainly brings other Stoke assets onto the radar. Especially given their upcoming fixtures. Should provide solid cover for the defenders, and provide a good base for their attack to build on too.

Given their form I'm finding it hard to get excited about Stoke at the moment. Consequently Arnautovic has taken up residence on my bench until GW27. Was planning to get Butland in for the GW27-30 run but think I'll stick with DDG for the moment. Mind you if they start to look more solid over the next couple of weeks, I may yet have third or fourth thoughts.
Yeah, was having similar thoughts myself, but their fixtures look great, and I'm hoping Imbula may have a galvanising effect to help get some good results from them. Going to play it by ear, but not sure I'd be benching Arnautovic for EVE/bou. Mahrez seems the obvious choice with mci/ars the same weeks, but I'm aware he's liable to explode at any time, and fully expect whichever of the two I leave out to come back and bite me on the ass!

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Notned wrote: Yeah, was having similar thoughts myself, but their fixtures look great, and I'm hoping Imbula may have a galvanising effect to help get some good results from them. Going to play it by ear, but not sure I'd be benching Arnautovic for EVE/bou. Mahrez seems the obvious choice with mci/ars the same weeks, but I'm aware he's liable to explode at any time, and fully expect whichever of the two I leave out to come back and bite me on the ass!
To be fair I could probably bench my entire midfield the way they are performing. Have a sneaky suspicion that Mahrez will score decently in the next 2. Down to Lukaku, Payet and Arnie for me.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”