To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW25 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: GW25 Transfers

Post by Finisher1 »

The Toon Man wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:So you guys who buy Vardy, how many of you would have done it even if he had blanked in this recent gameweek?
Think Lukaku lack of form combined with Vardy's upturn in form and presumably back on penalty duty made the move easy for me. I'll want him GW27 so bringing it forward means I can use a different FT for that week.
Lukaku is an inevitable sell for many, no doubt of that, but I think for example Costa is a better pick than Vardy. If money is not an issue, of course.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

liquidfootball2 wrote:Lukaku to Kane looks the most popular transfer although virtually everyone who looks at ff sites will already have him. It looks as if the Lukaku sellers are going to Kane or Vardy who is being transferred in at the second highest rate
I bought Costa, and I hope that my differential transfer is rewarded FOR ONCE.

Is it too much to ask?

sunbather
FISOhead
FS Record: Top 60k FPL finish seven years in a row, best result Top 2k

Post by sunbather »

Finisher1 wrote:
sunbather wrote:Eff it, think I will jump back on Vardy now. Could easily score at City and other tempters (Afobe, Valencia, Rooney, Costa) have iffy fixtures too. Will spice up the Saturday morning game a bit too.
I think Costa has at least decent fixtures. Two home games next and Chelsea has recently scored well at home. I think we can all agree GW26 is very tasty for him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some returns in GW25 too.

Apart from Aguero and Kane, none of forwards really stands out. I went for Costa.
I agree, was maybe oversimplifying by saying he has "iffy" fixtures. Newcastle is probably one of the plummest fixtures about but Man U and Southampton certainly aren't. Although he is back scoring again it's arguably not at 10m + levels yet and Chelsea look good but aren't flying.

'tis a thinker though, you make some good points.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

sunbather wrote: I agree, was maybe oversimplifying by saying he has "iffy" fixtures. Newcastle is probably one of the plummest fixtures about but Man U and Southampton certainly aren't. Although he is back scoring again it's arguably not at 10m + levels yet and Chelsea look good but aren't flying.

'tis a thinker though, you make some good points.
Yes, he certainly isn't worth 10.6m that's for sure, but I have some loose money so I can buy anyone I want, and I think Costa has the best points potential in addition to my other two strikers Aguero and Kane.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

eastcentral1 wrote:2 FTs and feeling a bit snookered given the next set of fixtures. Would like Simpson, but it's not a great time to get rid of Moreno (Wollscheid would be the other choice), and would like Forster, but it's not a good time to shift out Fabianski (with Swansea hosting CPA next). So I'm actually thinking about Ozil :arrow: Gylfi Sigurdsson.
Well, all of a sudden my 2 FTs look very useful. I think that was one of the most unenjoyable GWs I have ever had. Barkley's flourish was the final kick in the nuts. I hate Martinez. For being a whiner (his rant after the Chelsea game was outrageous for someone who had just benefited from Man City being denied a clear penalty), for resting Baines, for being a tinkerman, for being loved by the media even though he doesn't know what he's doing. In my anti-Martinez rage I have already done Lukaku :arrow: Vardy. I will also likely do Baines :arrow: Ivanovic (but still wondering whether I should switch back to an Arsenal defender instead).

elvushi
Treebeard

Post by elvushi »

So I binned Vardy and Mahrez last week in a reshuffle to get Aguero in.

Lukaku Kane Aguero up front.

0.4 in the bank.

Is Lukaku :arrow: Giroud ridiculous?

Not seen mention of him. Also has a GW27 fixture (at Old Trafford).

Have Ozil and Bellerin so would mean no space for Sanchez (although I can't see how I am fitting him in at the minute anyway).

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Finisher1 wrote:So you guys who buy Vardy, how many of you would have done it even if he had blanked in this recent gameweek?
I think I'd do it even if he blanked, because he's the best striker available under 9.0. Lukaku had to go with the injury and a blank coming up.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I was heavily influenced by his wondergoal, and the confidence he demonstrated in taking and will receive from everyone purring over it. I like a confident striker. If he had blanked against Liverpool I may have been less inclined.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

eastcentral1 wrote:
I was heavily influenced by his wondergoal, and the confidence he demonstrated in taking and will receive from everyone purring over it. I like a confident striker. If he had blanked against Liverpool I may have been less inclined.
Agree with this, was going to bring him in for GW27 so the question is do I play a striker in form for GW25/26 (albeit with difficult fixtures) or one who hasn't scored for ages. Add to this that Vardy's confidence is obviously sky high and Leicester as a whole are buzzing again.

Not quite sure the point of the question to be honest. Most transfers are made on the basis of some combination of form and fixtures which makes the last game very relevant. 3 goals in 2 games suggest that Vardy is in form and as he has shown already this season an in form Vardy can score against anyone.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Ramsey's drop was took me by complete surprise and has now priced me out of a straight swap to Sanchez. I guess I can shift Lukaku for Vardy or Jagielka to someone to free up additional funds. Would it be worth a 4pt hit though to bring in Sanchez?

mayweather
FISOhead

Post by mayweather »

rom down 0.2 in 24hrs vardy up 0.1 it's a big swing

JLH
FISOhead

Post by JLH »

payetme wrote:
dino1980 wrote:
JLH wrote:
dino1980 wrote:Lukaku to Costa done.
strange
I concur that it's not exactly the obvious move but over the last four game weeks Costa is joint third (with Aguero & behind Kane & Giroud) for shots in the box & the forward with the most touches in the box. I'm well aware that he's the opposite of a bonus magnet & has seven yellows. The main reason I got him in was because I think he'll score well (ldo) but a bonus is that no one in my most important mini league has him.

I don't expect many will be transferring him in but I'm fine with that.
not strange at all..good move
strange that you think that

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

I had GK problems so did

Howard :arrow: Butland

funded by

Ward :arrow: Simpson

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

The moment I knew would eventually come .... got to get myself a goalie ... Myhill :arrow: Forster looks the obvious transfer.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

2FT

Lukaku :arrow: Vardy
Ramsey :arrow: Sanchez

Leaves me with a nice little £1.2m buffer in the bank too.

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Was thinking of doing Silva :arrow: Sanchez. But Silva´s surely outrageous projection on FFS (5,5) is putting me off. How do you guys rate FFS´ projections system?

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

icefish wrote:Was thinking of doing Silva :arrow: Sanchez. But Silva´s surely outrageous projection on FFS (5,5) is putting me off. How do you guys rate FFS´ projections system?
In your situation I would probably sell Ozil for Sanchez instead of Silva.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

icefish wrote:Was thinking of doing Silva :arrow: Sanchez. But Silva´s surely outrageous projection on FFS (5,5) is putting me off. How do you guys rate FFS´ projections system?
Iv done Silva >> Sanchez

Silva just hasn't done it this season. Had him for weeks but him keep getting played wide when he is their best playmaker and no.10 was enough to make the switch.

paddles
Grumpy Old Man

Post by paddles »

Need to take a (-8) to get rid of Lukaku for Kane.

Would you recommend using WC for this or saving for a DGW?

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

paddles wrote:Need to take a (-8) to get rid of Lukaku for Kane.

Save the WC and the points hits. Transfer another striker in.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

cesc408 wrote:
Iv done Silva >> Sanchez

Silva just hasn't done it this season. Had him for weeks but him keep getting played wide when he is their best playmaker and no.10 was enough to make the switch.
It's worth noting Silva's blank in GW27 too. The double up on Arsenal assets could potentially be very profitable away at Bournemouth, and if not you could always shift Ozil on next week.

The wildcard is certainly best saved for a DGW, be it played beforehand or used to clean up coming out of it. Wouldn't be keen on a -8 though either... isn't there any way you can do it for a -4? Maybe a base price defender coming in or something?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

icefish wrote:

Save the WC and the points hits. Transfer another striker in.
This.

paddles
Grumpy Old Man

Post by paddles »

Thanks for the advice all.

My team is below along with selling prices.

I have 1 FT and 0.2m in the bank.

I could stick with just Lukaku :arrow: Vardy, but Kane is really killing me at the moment! The prime candidate for downgrading is Moreno, but there's no way to free up enough cash from him for a Lukaku :arrow: Kane.
Maybe downgrade Silva and then shift Moreno next week?

Butland 5.2
McCarthy 3.8

Bellerin 5.9
Walker 5.1
Moreno 4.8
Wollscheid 4.4
Targett 3.7

Silva 9.9
Ozil 9.5
Payet 8.1
Firmino 7.9
Alli 5.5

Aguero 13.3
Lukaku 8.8
Ighalo 6.3

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

paddles wrote:...
If you really want Kane, which is a very good shout given his current form, I think downgrading Silva is the best way. Could be slightly risky for the next two given the hit(albeit potentially tricky fixtures anyway), but with a blank week in GW27 and possibly a slightly damaging reverse oop spot right now he is easily expendable imo.

Lukaku+Silva :arrow: Kane+8.9m. Should be able to find a decent midfielder for that money. Maybe even go a bit cheaper to leave enough in the bank to bring Vardy in for Ighalo in a week or two.

Kane is rising again tonight, by the way.
Last edited by Notned on 04 Feb 2016, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Since DGW is off i'm stuck with a strict plan for fielding enough players at GW27(will end up on 10) and GW30, without hits. Got a bit carried away with prepering for the potential DGW, filling up to 6 City/Pool/Everton-players. Lesson learned.

Initially i did not plan to get rid of Lukaku, but now he's gone for Vardy. Had pinpointed Mahrez, but Vardy should do the trick.

Still quite happy with the team the next weeks, but afraid of GW27.

paddles
Grumpy Old Man

Post by paddles »

Notned wrote:
paddles wrote:...
If you really want Kane, which is a very good shout given his current form, I think downgrading Silva is the best way. Could be slightly risky for the next two given the hit(albeit potentially tricky fixtures anyway), but with a blank week in GW27 and possibly a slightly damaging reverse oop spot right now he is easily expendable imo.

Lukaku+Silva :arrow: Kane+8.9m. Should be able to find a decent midfielder for that money. Maybe even go a bit cheaper to leave enough in the bank to bring Vardy in for Ighalo in a week or two.

Kane is rising again tonight, by the way.
Edit: oops Eriksen would make 4 spurs players! Guess will go with Mahrez since Barkley has a blank coming up

Ok so here's the new master plan!

Lukaku :arrow: Kane
Silva :arrow: Eriksen (-4) this week

Moreno :arrow: James Collins next week

Ighalo :arrow: Vardy week after when Leicester's fixtures turn nice

Could even go to Barkley or Mahrez instead of Eriksen to free up even more cash (team value is pretty low)

Thanks again!

Miga
Cheetah

Post by Miga »

PleasedToMichu wrote:Since DGW is off.
Is this 100% confirmed? Do we know when the DGWs will be announced?

Jukebox
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 195.

Post by Jukebox »

Worth shifting out Özil for Sanchez? Might just save the transfer.

Front eight:

Payet
Özil
Mahrez
Firmino
Alli

Ighalo
Kane
Kun

Jukebox
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 195.

Post by Jukebox »

Worth shifting out Özil for Sanchez? Might just save the transfer.

Front eight:

Payet
Özil
Mahrez
Firmino
Alli

Ighalo
Kane
Kun

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Vardy last scored in the prem away from home on the 21st November, just maybe gwk27 a better time to get him if Lukaku can be benched and you're not watching you're team value so much.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”