To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW25 Transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Albert_ini
FISOhead

Re: GW25 Transfers

Post by Albert_ini »

Stanislas :arrow: Arnautovic

mitchyg1980
FISOhead

Post by mitchyg1980 »

A late night Lukaku :arrow: Austin for -4

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I'm considering going Aguero to Costa - am I completely bonkers?

Just looking at City's fixtures and the blank in GW27...

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Vsz wrote:I'm considering going Aguero to Costa - am I completely bonkers?

Big risk

Aar0n_28
FISOhead

Post by Aar0n_28 »

Dived in and used my WC this week. Few reasons, i'd become bogged down with Everton, Liverpool & City players (Baines, Moreno, Silva, Lukaku = expendable) so wanted to offload them before GW27 without hits. I'll roll the next transfer to have two for the reduced week. Firmino is a short-term punt and Aguero will be benched for 27.

I'm aware by playing the 2nd WC now I have massively gone against the grain but i'll hold my hands up and admit to poor planning. Just not been able to devote the time I usually do to FPL this season. I'm ranked at 184,000 so it's not all bad but my season had started to drift somewhat. I'll need to plan better for the double gameweeks and look to roll transfers leading up to them. Still have bench boost and triple captain to deploy.

Happy to run with this for a bit although Ozil is on borrowed time and might become Payet in GW27:
Screen Shot 2016-02-06 at 09.43.53.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

I still don't know, is there an FPL helpline I can call? I'd pay premium rate. 1.6m in the bank.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

On the theme of keeping my options open and keeping 2 transfers handy, I found myself with options defensively but went with Evans to Simpson who's going to be sub3 until GW27. So a transfer brought forward a bit as wanted to do Moreno to Simpson GW26/7. Thought about Alderweireld, Dier, Ivanovic, etc as replacements but again, I wanted to keep my financial options open just in case. I have a strong enough defence but just got to hope I need the money soonish as otherwise I might as well have gone for Ivanovic or Alderweireld.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Anyone tempted by Austin? I think he's very keen on scoring against West Ham.

Batistuta
Treebeard

Post by Batistuta »

From4corners wrote:Anyone tempted by Austin? I think he's very keen on scoring against West Ham.
Very tempted. I have another free and Lukaku to spare.

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:I still don't know, is there an FPL helpline I can call? I'd pay premium rate. 1.6m in the bank.

Your attack is fine, so I presume that you recognise you need to sort out your defence - and your situation is actually worse than that pictured, as Evans is out for the medium term with a hamstring.

I believe both Alli and Lukaku will start, although of course Lukaku might get replaced at half time and then Everton win a couple of penalties which Barkley will take (deja vu?) so, assuming you have a FT, or even if you don't, bring in a definite starter for one of your potentially rested defenders (Evans, Targett, Ward, Davies - take your pick) preferably bringing in someone guaranteed a fixture in the coming blank weeks 27 and 30, like Simpson or Fonte.

If you have two FTs then do Simpson AND Fonte or if you want guaranteed Spurs cover, swap Davies for Dier.
Last edited by Curmudgeon on 06 Feb 2016, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

From4corners wrote:Anyone tempted by Austin? I think he's very keen on scoring against West Ham.
Despite being passed fit, the issue is will he start? Otherwise I'd be tempted too.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Curmudgeon wrote:
MartyBhoy7 wrote:I still don't know, is there an FPL helpline I can call? I'd pay premium rate. 1.6m in the bank.

Your attack is fine, so I presume that you recognise you need to sort out your defence - and your situation is actually worse than that pictured, as Evans is out for the medium term with a hamstring.

I believe both Alli and Lukaku will start, although of course Lukaku might get replaced at half time and then Everton win a couple of penalties which Barkley will take (deja vu?) and, assuming you have a FT, or even if you don't, bring in a definite starter for one of your potentially rested defenders (Evans, Targett, Ward, Davies - take your pick) bringing in someone guaranteed to start in the coming blank weeks 27 and 30, like Simpson or Fonte.

If you have two FTs then do Simpson AND Fonte or if you want guaranteed Spurs cover, swap Davies for Dier.
Thanks for the response. I only have one FT.

Yeah the defence is a mess which is I why I considered playing all out attack and gambling on Davies starting and doing Lukaku :arrow: Ighalo/Valencia and Westwood :arrow: Firmino

Now considering holding Lukaku and praying he starts and doing Evans :arrow: Azpilicueta, Davies :arrow: Wimmer (-4)

A bit gutted I can't get Firmino in that way though. I understand the logic of getting in SImpson for GW27 but Leicester will almost certainly concede today. That transfer is ok for someone with a strong defence already but I need players with strong fixtures today.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

MartyBhoy7 wrote:...
I'd just do Evans :arrow: Azpi for now mate. You can have a look at moving Davies on next week. I wouldn't bother taking a hit for a defender this season, with clean sheets so hard to predict across the board.

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Notned wrote:
MartyBhoy7 wrote:...
I'd just do Evans :arrow: Azpi for now mate. You can have a look at moving Davies on next week. I wouldn't bother taking a hit for a defender this season, with clean sheets so hard to predict across the board.
I hear what you're saying but I feel like I'm gambling already on Alli and Lukaku playing so doing the same with Davies feels like a bit of a headache.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

cesc408 wrote:
Vsz wrote:I'm considering going Aguero to Costa - am I completely bonkers?

Big risk
I see the logic; not sure I trust Costa though :)

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Evans and Target are both short-term knocks and there is a blank weekend coming up. On that basis, I'd shift Davies. You can't afford to carry rotation risks in the next few weeks. I wouldn't take a hit at this stage.

I'd be very surprised if neither Alli or Lukaku played and if one doesn't you've got Westwood (v Norwich) coming off the bench.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:I'd be very surprised if neither Alli or Lukaku played and if one doesn't you've got Westwood (v Norwich) coming off the bench.
I think both will play. Sky said yesterday that Alli was expected to play, and didn't seem uncertain, and Lukaku has pretty much confirmed his intentions:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBaYS-BntjL/

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

eastcentral1 wrote:
eastcentral1 wrote:2 FTs and feeling a bit snookered given the next set of fixtures. Would like Simpson, but it's not a great time to get rid of Moreno (Wollscheid would be the other choice), and would like Forster, but it's not a good time to shift out Fabianski (with Swansea hosting CPA next). So I'm actually thinking about Ozil :arrow: Gylfi Sigurdsson.
Well, all of a sudden my 2 FTs look very useful. I think that was one of the most unenjoyable GWs I have ever had. Barkley's flourish was the final kick in the nuts. I hate Martinez. For being a whiner (his rant after the Chelsea game was outrageous for someone who had just benefited from Man City being denied a clear penalty), for resting Baines, for being a tinkerman, for being loved by the media even though he doesn't know what he's doing. In my anti-Martinez rage I have already done Lukaku :arrow: Vardy. I will also likely do Baines :arrow: Ivanovic (but still wondering whether I should switch back to an Arsenal defender instead).
So, in the end:

Lukaku :arrow: Vardy
Baines :arrow: Ivanovic

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Banked in the end, could be risky as I might be down to 10 but a couple of frees next week feels more important. Hoping Lukaku plays to at the very least stop the rot in his price.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Did Lukaku :arrow: Vardy a few days ago and followed that up with Silva :arrow: Sanchez this morning.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”