To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Ighalo - time to ditch?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Ighalo - time to ditch?

Post by Weisenwolf »

Despite last weeks result Ig has a nasty run of fixtures coming up and him and Deeney don't look so good at the minute; is it time to get rid of him?

I got him at base so will only get £5.7M for him now but I do have plenty of cash...........

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Ighalo - time to ditch?

Post by RidleyMTB »

Who for?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Well I already have Aguiro and Lukaku and after selling Ighalo I would have £12M so anyone really.......

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

I'm keeping. He might be going through a quiet patch but he's too good not to bounce back. Happy to bench him on occasion if I have to though.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

That's an important question RMTB asks - do you mean for a similar price, or for an upgrade? So much depends on your squad, your team value, and whether you want Aguero and Sanchez... The way I see it (deliberating the same thing myself):

1. A front line of Aguero and 2 mid to upper-mid priced strikers, for example Lukaku and Kane, might make it pretty difficult to also have Sanchez, and remain strong elsewhere.

2. A front line of Aguero, Kane/Lukaku/Etc, and Ighalo, would free up a lot of cash to strengthen elsewhere - and if it wasn't Ighalo in that space, who would you want at a similar price (that being your selling price, not his current price obviously)?

3. Going Agueroless, a front line of Ighalo and two of Kane, Lukaku etc would leave huge amounts of money to splash elsewhere.

4. Or without Aguero or Ighalo, the best strategy may be 3 Kane / Lukaku types (perhaps Vardy from GW27)...

Sorry, that's probably no help at all, but I do think those of us considering Ighalo can only do so properly if we consider what options we have instead, and impact on the rest of our squad.

EDIT: Ooops just saw you replied already - so you are presumably currently thinking option 1 above - if so, I'd weigh up the merits of changing Ighalo to the striker of your choice, or keeping him and upgrading elsewhere (presumably midfield).

hornet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by hornet »

Mmm 2 tough games next but beyond that not so bad.
Weisenwolf wrote: him and Deeney don't look so good at the minute
Really? Looking good to me :wink: Come on u orns.

MadasHell
Wideboy
FS Record: Agadoo

Post by MadasHell »

I cut him loose, and lost the "stored value", for Aguero last week (timing not necessarily ideal ahead of the Newcastle game, but not willing to wait any longer to get Kun back in).

I think if you are getting rid it needs to be for somebody you want in your team for an extended period.

Most of us should be able to afford the teams we want at the moment, and holding players for too long can be just as damaging as not bringing somebody in. Personally, whilst I am concerned about Watford's short term run of fixtures, over the longer term, I'm also concerned that their small squad is going to make it hard for those two to keep up their early season pace.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

If Aguero or Costa had the same points as Ighalo - you wouldnt sell. There are so many enablers this year that he is easy to carry through difficult fixtures i.e. its pretty simple to have an excellent five man midfield and bench Ighalo if needs be.

Going form memory here - but hasnt he done well in the "tougher" fixtures.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

RidleyMTB wrote:Who for?
...just any pub-standard footballer? ;) ;) ;)

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

The Username wrote:
Going form memory here - but hasnt he done well in the "tougher" fixtures.
He had a great three game run of LIV, che, TOT when he scored 4 goals but he really was on fire in that period. Other than that he has tended to score in the so-called 'easier' fixtures and hasn't done so much against the top sides.

He is still the second highest point scorer in the whole of the game and has consistently picked up points all season. He's also shown that he is capable of going on a run of consistent scoring regardless of the opposition. Having bounced back in the last game and against a Chelsea side that are still vulnerable, I reckon there is a decent chance of points in the next match.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

The Username wrote: Going form memory here - but hasnt he done well in the "tougher" fixtures.
On the contrary - this graphic from FFS/twitter user rakkhis suggests his scores have been reasonably well correlated with 'easier fixtures'.

I'm not entirely sure I'd characterize fixture difficulty by purely Shots in the Box Conceded, but you get the jist. And perhaps you could say he's done pretty well in the tough fixtures but even better in the easier ones (he feels like he's just pain done well) - ridiculous goal involvement ratio aside.

Noticeable also is the demonstration of how Lukaku's previous folklaw reputation as a scorer in the tougher games but a disappointer in the easy ones has been blown out of the water this season.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Hes taken 35 points from games Vs Everton, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs. He blanked on both occasions Vs City and Arsenal once.

Good as it gets for a 5mill - 6.5mill forward (now).

Barring injury or being dropped you would have to think hes on for an 180 point season conservatively.

*Jinxed it :lol: .

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Not a top priority to get rid of a fantastic VFM forward. Might consider if I'm wilcarding some time soon, otherwise not. I'll rather save all transfers for DGW tinkering.

RidleyMTB
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RidleyMTB »

I'll hold until Lukaku has a DGW

muldoon
FISOhead
FS Record: many years playing TFF, still learning the FPL ropes

Post by muldoon »

I'm holding him until tumbleweed gw27 at least, when has Bou at home. Having him will be a bonus that week, many will struggle to get 2 strikers out without taking hits, and apart from maybe Kane at home to Swansea or Vardy at home to Norwich, he is the plumb striker pick for that week. Will re-assess after that, but he still looks good to me, and will remain stonking value even if his returns do slow down a bit, and leaves oodles of cash to spend elsewhere.

CeilingVitaly
Kevin and Perry

Post by CeilingVitaly »

I'm keeping him long term, he's been gold all season. He's the top scoring forward in the game at the moment thanks to the weekend's brace too.

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

so ditch him then... its your decision at the end of the day. Dude just had a goal and an assist and you want to ditch him. Well go right ahead lol

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

payetme wrote:so ditch him then... its your decision at the end of the day. Dude just had a goal and an assist and you want to ditch him. Well go right ahead lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a 'no' then.

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
payetme wrote:so ditch him then... its your decision at the end of the day. Dude just had a goal and an assist and you want to ditch him. Well go right ahead lol

That's a 'no' then.
of course no. Hes been one of the best value players this season. One of the most consistent and reliable fpl players. One of the top scorers, I'm in no hurry to ditch him.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

payetme wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:

That's a 'no' then.
of course no. Hes been one of the best value players this season. One of the most consistent and reliable fpl players. One of the top scorers, I'm in no hurry to ditch him.
Exactly.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Aldershot Rejects wrote:
payetme wrote:
Aldershot Rejects wrote:

That's a 'no' then.
Exactly.
Scored today off the bench too.

DanCaek
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DanCaek »

Ighalo is the budget choice. I see no reason to remove him unless you are going for a big 3.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

The thing is, a similar conversation happened a few weeks ago about Mahrez when he was approaching a run of tricky fixtures. He scored heavily in a the first two of them, but then got pretty much nothing for ages, leaving some wishing they had removed him much earlier in that run of dodgy games. Could the same be true here?

My personal problem with Ighalo right now is that I have Lukaku and Kane too. Going without Aguero has destroyed me in the last two weeks, but both Lukaku and Kane have good fixtures this week, so it seems wrong to switch one of them to Aguero when I could do Ighalo > Aguero (with another free transfer in midfield to 'compensate' financially - KdB out for a cheap option).

mr.stanishev
Treebeard

Post by mr.stanishev »

scarletjim wrote:The thing is, a similar conversation happened a few weeks ago about Mahrez when he was approaching a run of tricky fixtures. He scored heavily in a the first two of them, but then got pretty much nothing for ages, leaving some wishing they had removed him much earlier in that run of dodgy games. Could the same be true here?

My personal problem with Ighalo right now is that I have Lukaku and Kane too. Going without Aguero has destroyed me in the last two weeks, but both Lukaku and Kane have good fixtures this week, so it seems wrong to switch one of them to Aguero when I could do Ighalo > Aguero (with another free transfer in midfield to 'compensate' financially - KdB out for a cheap option).
I am in the exact sitiation right now. Aguero is a must, Kane's form is nice, Lukaku's - not, but his fixtures are good.. So no one else to sacrifice

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

I'm probably getting rid of him this week but it looks like a lot of people are bringing him in, with his price due to rise tomorrow. What am I missing? Image

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

thekitkatshuffler wrote:I'm probably getting rid of him this week but it looks like a lot of people are bringing him in, with his price due to rise tomorrow. What am I missing? Image
a tasty fixture against United away? :D

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

gallus wrote:
thekitkatshuffler wrote:I'm probably getting rid of him this week but it looks like a lot of people are bringing him in, with his price due to rise tomorrow. What am I missing? Image
a tasty fixture against United away? :D
I suppose that's a gimme :mrgreen: but they've got the champions elect after that and then a blank.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

On one of the price change monitoring sites, he currently has the highest hourly transfer-out rate... You're not missing anything! :)

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

Had 2 golden opportunities he should have caused yesterday. Was very surprised (but relieved) to see him miss.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”