To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Team Value

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Team Value

Post by Vsz »

So the guy with the highest team value isn't inside the top 2 mil...

I may be being thick, but isn't that counter intuitive?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2609443/history/

Just bad captain picks and following bandwagons too much?

Confused.com

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Re: Team Value

Post by The Dazzler »

Vsz wrote:So the guy with the highest team value isn't inside the top 2 mil...

Confused.com
Check out how many transfers he's done. He's not trying to do well points wise, he's trying to have the highest team value.

Dragon!Mullet
Treebeard

Post by Dragon!Mullet »

Does anybody know what the record for the highest TV is? :)

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

The Dazzler wrote:
Vsz wrote:So the guy with the highest team value isn't inside the top 2 mil...

Confused.com
Check out how many transfers he's done. He's not trying to do well points wise, he's trying to have the highest team value.
Wow - a stupid number!! Presumably there's nothing to gain by having the highest team value though!!

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

A lot of people do this. Do tons of transfers to earn profit so there top/near top of the little table. Not sure what the point of this is.

Poison Idea
Treebeard
FS Record: Decent

Post by Poison Idea »

cesc408 wrote:Not sure what the point of this is.
I'd think it feels more like Fantasy director of football playing that way.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Dragon!Mullet wrote:Does anybody know what the record for the highest TV is? :)
Was probably years ago when the price change mechanism was different. Someone achieved a TV of 119.6m in 06/07 but I don't know if that's the best ever.
Vsz wrote:Wow - a stupid number!! Presumably there's nothing to gain by having the highest team value though!!
Some people play for it. The FPL home page features a table called "most valuable teams" (sometimes known as the Rich List) and managers compete to be at the top of it at the end of the season.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

cesc408 wrote:A lot of people do this. Do tons of transfers to earn profit so there top/near top of the little table. Not sure what the point of this is.
It should be known as 'The Aston Villa approach.' It's the profit that matters not the points.

Triggy
Treebeard

Post by Triggy »

It's a bit like people playing with dead teams (AKA the dead team challenge). It isn't a worse game to play, it's just a different game and can be fun in its own right. My only problem with this is that you can't play multiple teams for different gameplay styles, therefore would never try for TV on its own or a dead team challenge (at least that one is easy to play in that you state your team then about an hour of checking later you can work out the subs and captains and get a final figure).

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Triggy wrote:...you can't play multiple teams for different gameplay styles...
Isn't that what wives and girlfriends are for? :wink:

I took over managing my nephew's team in GW17 (a dead team which hadn't made a transfer all season, had a TV of 96.7m and was 3.1m in the OR) and am quite enjoying it. I don't think anyone could suggest that I'm getting an advantage from doing that (other than having the possibility to experiment a bit).

Triggy
Treebeard

Post by Triggy »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Triggy wrote:...you can't play multiple teams for different gameplay styles...
Isn't that what wives and girlfriends are for? :wink:

I took over managing my nephew's team in GW17 (a dead team which hadn't made a transfer all season, had a TV of 96.7m and was 3.1m in the OR) and am quite enjoying it. I don't think anyone could suggest that I'm getting an advantage from doing that (other than having the possibility to experiment a bit).
I've been helping my sister out a bit too but a slight difference here is that she likes to manage it but doesn't know enough to get ahead of the game. Therefore I tend to run her wildcards for her and she laughs at everyone at work wondering how she could do pretty well (her boyfriend worked it out though last year as he queried how she would know about Kane and Austin in November...)

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Isn't that what wives and girlfriends are for? :wink:
No, wives are for doing the cooking, cleaning, washing and ironing, and girlfriends are for sex.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”